(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I am not a new mummy but have been reading. from 20+ pages jump to 80+. so scary. chat so fast. cant catch up. btw, for experienced mummies who breastfed their babies, did u put rice wine in ur food? my 2nd girl had jaundice, so I didnt dare to put too mucb. but this time will most pprobably be my last confinement, I want to do a very good one.

I am not a new mummy but have been reading. from 20+ pages jump to 80+. so scary. chat so fast. cant catch up. btw, for experienced mummies who breastfed their babies, did u put rice wine in ur food? my 2nd girl had jaundice, so I didnt dare to put too mucb. but this time will most pprobably be my last confinement, I want to do a very good one.
Nope. My boy jaundice too.
This one see lor is her blood group
Dun crash with mine and no jaundice maybe Lolz

Ya, I receive a few what's app from the agent, wanted to meet up. But I did not reply at all..

Oh don't bother.. They only want u to sign up after the free 6 mths coverage is over.. This is the msg from them. Already told the person i won't be signing up with them even after the coverage end and she talk so blur...

Kindly refer to the link for Prime care plan 1:
http://www.axalife.com.sg/health/hospital-surgical/prime-care

This is not auto opt-in policy for your newborn. The free 6-mth benefit will expire 6 mths after baby is born. Pls free feel to contact me if you need further clarifications.

Thank you

Going by the "eat anything you want, as long as in moderation" mantra from the doctors, can eat now! :) But I think kopitiam one definitely not as 补 as those confinement ladies make one...

I love vinegar actually. Vinegar in my lor mee, with my XLB, with my 酸辣汤, with my bak chor mee. I will OD on vinegar in these dishes. LOL.
Me too me too

If you put wine into your cooking, the alcohol contents would have evaporated with heat, so no issue with bf. For those having dom though, best to have it after you just bf yr baby...3 hrs later, the alcohol should have dispersed from yr blood stream thru pee...

actually I read from somewhere that girls will most likely get jaundice than the boys. dont know how true. but my boy didnt get it. its girl. so for those with older child. did ur child have it? girl or boy?

actually I read from somewhere that girls will most likely get jaundice than the boys. dont know how true. but my boy didnt get it. its girl. so for those with older child. did ur child have it? girl or boy?

My boy got it cos pd say his blood group is diff from mine so he has higher chance of get it and true Enuff he need to spend one more day in hospital for " suntan" and after come home also tan somemore

Nothing to do gender...my ger also kena jaundice... Blood grp differs from mine

I am not sure the link btw jaundice and wine in confinement food. I just want to emphasize yellow color food are to be avoided if you are bf-ing your jaundice bb.

Theres a yellow wine which was popular with confinement use but it may not mean every wine may cause bb jaundice lvl to spike...

I see this body pillow which look comfortable. Sometimes I am getting body and neck ache when I wake up. Thought want to get 1 but as it is quite big scare it will become a white elephant if I dun use it. Any mummy use it b4?

Attachments

• 1406726602749.jpg
    1406726602749.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 140
I love it too. Acquired taste I think. One of my confinement ladies recommended drinking the gravy (got to have lots of vinegar) to lose weight. But I love the skin and fats too, and my mom's version not so much vinegar so obviously cannot lose weight

Me too, me too!! I love 猪脚醋! My mum makes the best one. Her recipe is pure bull dog brand vinegar, no water! I will definitely cook twice during my confinement and can even eat twice a day for a week. Love the skin and egg. Tastes very sweet too because my mum uses black sugar to cook it. I am craving for it but my mum says i cannot eat. Lol :D

My girl who has a different blood group from me has breastmilk jaundice which lasted 6 weeks. But it was mild and harmless. My boy who shares the same blood group as me has extremely high jaundice levels and was warded for two days until his jaundice dropped to a safe level. And he got well totally three days later. Think nothing to do with gender.

I don't use rice wine in my food. Don't really like the taste of it. But my mum will cook for me once a week when she pops over. I think the purpose of rice wine is to keep warm in countries like china. Sg is warm enough imo! So it's ok to omit if you feel uncertain about it. Eating nutritious food is more important. I always ensure i take sufficient fluids from red date tea and soups. Eat lots of fruits, veggies, fish and eggs.

But i do add rice wine to warm water to clean myself up everyday though. It's also said to keep warm and get rid of wind. Since i refuse to wear long sleeves and long pants, i do that. And i will wear bedroom slippers around the house too.

I see this body pillow which look comfortable. Sometimes I am getting body and neck ache when I wake up. Thought want to get 1 but as it is quite big scare it will become a white elephant if I dun use it. Any mummy use it b4?

I have this! I bought Theraline brand from baby online. So far it works well for me. Not a white elephant. I use it to prop my back during the day, my boy uses it to cuddle and nap and i hug it like a bolster to sleep at night. Very comfy!

Me too, me too!! I love 猪脚醋! My mum makes the best one. Her recipe is pure bull dog brand vinegar, no water! I will definitely cook twice during my confinement and can even eat twice a day for a week. Love the skin and egg. Tastes very sweet too because my mum uses black sugar to cook it. I am craving for it but my mum says i cannot eat. Lol :D

Eh y cannot eat i started eating le

Its also available at kkh pharmacy without prescription. Checked with the lady there. If I didnt rmbr wrongly its selling 40+ for 100ml tube. I used to only get 50ml from GP.
Yes , hospital pharmacies usually sell AI but I get from my dr for convenience to minimise hassle. Floxia though almost impossible to find outside.

I love it too. Acquired taste I think. One of my confinement ladies recommended drinking the gravy (got to have lots of vinegar) to lose weight. But I love the skin and fats too, and my mom's version not so much vinegar so obviously cannot lose weight
I only started taking it after no 3 coz the nanny made it and it was so good. Appetising! I eat everything and drink the soup/gravy. She uses one whole bottle of the pure bulldog vinegar and hei tang "black sugar" , lots of slices of fried old ginger and pig trotters. Easy to make! Slurp! So can we eat it now or not?

Any mummies here with no intention to get a baby cot? What will the sleeping arrangement be like if that's the case? Care to share? :)

I am in a dilemma because the baby cot definitely cannot fit in my bedroom. We already have a queen bed and two single beds joined together on the ground as the four of us sleep together. No intentions of separating the kids yet because i cannot sleep without them by my side. My hubby doesn't want to be kicked out either. I am left with a small space in front of our beds which can fit the mini playpen which i intend to buy. But i am so used to changing baby in a cot because the height is comfortable. Should i get a baby changing table cum bath unit? Worth it? Any suggestion?! Fyi, the other two kids have never slept in a cot before. Not sure about #3. It's only for changing purpose and when they were older, i put them inside when i needed to mop the floor etc because it's safe. :D

Its been raining these few days maybe not so heaty then? I have been boiling sugarcane w chestnut and barley regularly....keep heatiness away - ate durians. Now I would like pig trotters... Mine takes just couple of hours to boil - 2 hrs. Usually cook more and can store extras.

Its been raining these few days maybe not so heaty then? I have been boiling sugarcane w chestnut and barley regularly....keep heatiness away - ate durians. Now I would like pig trotters... Mine takes just couple of hours to boil - 2 hrs. Usually cook more and can store extras.

Ya, maybe. I also take a few hours to boil. But my mum likes to sun the ginger for a day and slow cook for two days before it's "ready" to eat! Haha.. I am so tempted to make some soon!!

The playpen - graco has a changing station .

But I personally find playpen better for temporary use- when they get older (past 3 months) so hard for me to bend over to put them in and pick them up when asleep. Maybe I'm old! !!

My sleeping arrangement is messy. We have 3 bedrooms, no 2 sleeps alone in his room, no 1 sleeps w me in my room occasionally or w my hubs in her room and no 3 sleeps w me on my bed coz she wakes up alot. Haven't figured out what to do either! Ideally I would like to sleep by myself in my own room w no disturbance. Far fetched dream I guess :)

Attachments

• 1406737609788.jpg
    1406737609788.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
The playpen - graco has a changing station .

But I personally find playpen better for temporary use- when they get older (past 3 months) so hard for me to bend over to put them in and pick them up when asleep. Maybe I'm old! !!

My sleeping arrangement is messy. We have 3 bedrooms, no 2 sleeps alone in his room, no 1 sleeps w me in my room occasionally or w my hubs in her room and no 3 sleeps w me on my bed coz she wakes up alot. Haven't figured out what to do either! Ideally I would like to sleep by myself in my own room w no disturbance. Far fetched dream I guess :)

Thanks for sharing! :)

Your sleeping arrangement isn't fixed either. Heehee.. How old is your #3? Sounds like she's still quite young. :p

I don't like the idea of playpen too actually. But it's more for keeping baby safe when i need to be away to do something. I am only left with 90cm of space. So i can only get the Nuna Sena mini. This: http://www.nuna.eu/sena

Even the playpen is too big! Unless i remove the tv..hmmm... We have only two bedrooms. The other room is officially the study cum wardrobe room. Haha.. We still enjoy co-sleeping. Maybe because my hubby comes home only after 12am, sometimes 3am. So being afraid to sleep alone, i can sleep with the kids. Lol! :D

Any mummies here with no intention to get a baby cot? What will the sleeping arrangement be like if that's the case? Care to share? :)

I am in a dilemma because the baby cot definitely cannot fit in my bedroom. We already have a queen bed and two single beds joined together on the ground as the four of us sleep together. No intentions of separating the kids yet because i cannot sleep without them by my side. My hubby doesn't want to be kicked out either. I am left with a small space in front of our beds which can fit the mini playpen which i intend to buy. But i am so used to changing baby in a cot because the height is comfortable. Should i get a baby changing table cum bath unit? Worth it? Any suggestion?! Fyi, the other two kids have never slept in a cot before. Not sure about #3. It's only for changing purpose and when they were older, i put them inside when i needed to mop the floor etc because it's safe. :D
Wah your MBR big leh can put queen and 2 single . Mine put 1 king and 1 single = wall to wall Liao zzz so got to Kick son to his room cos he too big to coshare on king Lolz .. Err u said cot u used as changing table then bb at night sleep where ?
To me I will get another small cot from ikea cos only that can fit into MBR .. Bb will be like gor got sleep for a year in cot then co sleep on king bed bah ... When she older then we give her own room ie remove thestudy room Lolz and I will get a playpen put at my mom place since she will there most of the time except night time and weekend

Thank you for the quick reply! :)
I'm with the private scheme but see doc at clinic A... found that there's not much difference compared to seeing doc at clinic c (subsidised), just that I get the same appointed doc. Am hoping to switch to Private Suite and hopefully get a shorter waiting time and more comfortable experience :)

Thanks once again! :)
Clinic a n b is subsidized we choose gyane so we pay private rates

So since we paying private rates might as well go private suite... better service n shorter waiting time

Mini playpen dun last long too...

For me i will squeeze. . I got baby cot n mini playpen all become white elephant. . Coz baby dun wan slp alone felt lonely... poor #2 always cry n look at us with her pity eyes n we will carry her n squeeze with us ... end up wasted $$

Mini playpen dun last long too...

For me i will squeeze. . I got baby cot n mini playpen all become white elephant. . Coz baby dun wan slp alone felt lonely... poor #2 always cry n look at us with her pity eyes n we will carry her n squeeze with us ... end up wasted $$
huh? infant you also co sleep :eek: not stressful meh ...

my boy when 1 month old co sleep with us for one day cos we only discovered his cot cant be moved into MBR that day ...so stressful leh both my hubby and i sleep until backache cos we keep a distance between him and us ...next morning rush out to ikea get a cheap small cot :D

huh? infant you also co sleep :eek: not stressful meh ...

my boy when 1 month old co sleep with us for one day cos we only discovered his cot cant be moved into MBR that day ...so stressful leh both my hubby and i sleep until backache cos we keep a distance between him and us ...next morning rush out to ikea get a cheap small cot :D
Bo bian.. my baby cry once put in cot... then we upgrade our queen to king....

All the while is #1 slps in ikea toddler bed while hubby n me sleeps in queen

Then when #2 keep reject cot... we no choice squeeze with her in queen size first... then when we cant tahan we change to king..

Now i think i have to upgrade again to 1 queen 1 king...

My elder sis is giving us her baby cot. Will open one side of the cot and put it between wall and our bed. Co-sleep but baby sleep in her/his cot. Hopefully, baby is okay with this arrangement because I dnt want us to feel squeezy with the baby in the same bed.

Bo bian.. my baby cry once put in cot... then we upgrade our queen to king....

All the while is #1 slps in ikea toddler bed while hubby n me sleeps in queen

Then when #2 keep reject cot... we no choice squeeze with her in queen size first... then when we cant tahan we change to king..

Now i think i have to upgrade again to 1 queen 1 king...
huh? your MBR can put 1 king and 1 queen :eek: power leh ..

My elder sis is giving us her baby cot. Will open one side of the cot and put it between wall and our bed. Co-sleep but baby sleep in her/his cot. Hopefully, baby is okay with this arrangement because I dnt want us to feel squeezy with the baby in the same bed.
yah i also like that arrangement but there is a problem ... when you put the bed and cot together it is hard for you to get out of bed and to carry baby out of cot ... i tried that ... not soon at all so ended up ... not putting it that way lolz

huh? your MBR can put 1 king and 1 queen :eek: power leh ..
All cupboard n stuff dun wan lor.. then juz nice...

Hubby says move to common room coz its empty now juz nice... so put 1 queen 1 king...

Then cupboards all put masterbedroom ...

So will be abit mafan but this the only way we can co sleep together...

Else if we employ maid then the 2 kids sleep with her while baby sleep with us...but i still dun like the idea of maid ...

All cupboard n stuff dun wan lor.. then juz nice...

Hubby says move to common room coz its empty now juz nice... so put 1 queen 1 king...

Then cupboards all put masterbedroom ...

So will be abit mafan but this the only way we can co sleep together...

Else if we employ maid then the 2 kids sleep with her while baby sleep with us...but i still dun like the idea of maid ...
then the solution to your problem should be making a platform in the empty room then put tatami ... this is what my cousin did lolz :D :D

yah i also like that arrangement but there is a problem ... when you put the bed and cot together it is hard for you to get out of bed and to carry baby out of cot ... i tried that ... not soon at all so ended up ... not putting it that way lolz

You put the cot all the way up, aligned to the headboard of your bed? The leg of the cot should stop midway of your bed. Then, I get out at the lower half of the bed.

I try this method first. Hopefully, it works. Else, must think other arrangement.

You put the cot all the way up, aligned to the headboard of your bed? The leg of the cot should stop midway of your bed. Then, I get out at the lower half of the bed.

I try this method first. Hopefully, it works. Else, must think other arrangement.
that is what i did but somehow i find it not comfortable when getting out of bed or trying to put baby back to cot ...well it is just me...you can try out maybe it work for you :)

If you put wine into your cooking, the alcohol contents would have evaporated with heat, so no issue with bf. For those having dom though, best to have it after you just bf yr baby...3 hrs later, the alcohol should have dispersed from yr blood stream thru pee...

That time i BF #1 i didnt drink dom at all.. so the bottle of dom is still sitting there.. hahah.. not sure if my dad/mum put any wine in my food though..

Hi, I'm expecting in Jan 2015 too!
equeenie, 15 Jan 15, Princess, Dr TB Lim, TBC, 1, Eunos

Can add me on fb group too? :)

You can pm @nellyjoy with your email & FB nick for her to add you in :)

This is the current arrangement for #1.. in fact he doesnt like to slp on the big bed with us.. prefers to sleep on his own in his cot.. from young already like that.. but when #2 comes.. have to think of something for #1.. cos the cot will be for #2.. will fix back the side and move up the bed so it will be easier for changing diapers etc.. btw i currently get out of the bed from the end of the bed..

Thank you for the quick reply! :)
I'm with the private scheme but see doc at clinic A... found that there's not much difference compared to seeing doc at clinic c (subsidised), just that I get the same appointed doc. Am hoping to switch to Private Suite and hopefully get a shorter waiting time and more comfortable experience :)

Thanks once again! :)

Btw i was with private suite for #1.. but sometimes i get scheduled to see doc at clinic A or B.. maybe due to not enough doc's rooms in the private suite? i think the cost is a bit cheaper.. but i cant really rem.. haha but the feel of private suite is really comfy sia..

S/N | MTB Nick | EDD | BB Gender | Gynae name | Hospital | BB Rank | Residence
\ 1 | Missyz | 1-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Su Lin Lin | NUH | 1 | Br Batok
\ 2 | ReneLPN | 3-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Tan TC | KKH | 1 | Woodlands
\ 3 | lovexuan | 3-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Koh Cheng Huat | MAH | 3 | AMK
\ 4 | ciakes | 3-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Adelina Wong | TMC | 1 | Siglap
\ 5 | Poohtastic | 3-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Yvonne Chan | TMC | 2 | Kembangan
\ 6 | Kittybaby12 | 6-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Lee LC | TBC | 1 | CCK
\ 7 | dragon_baby | 8-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 2 | Sengkang
\ 8 | MsCrappislogist | 8-Jan-15 | TBA | TBA | NUH | 1 | CCK
\ 9 | bluelove00 | 9-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Wong | TMC | 1 | Bt Panjang
\ 10 | rourou89 | 11-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Adrian Tan | TMC | 2 | Jurong West
\ 11 | PT7674 | 11-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Caroline Khi | TMC | 2 | Sengkang
\ 12 | TheGirl | 12-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr John Tee | KKH | 1 | AMK
\ 13 | cinderelly | 13-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Yvonne Chan | TMC | 3 | outram
\ 14 | HappiBerries | 14-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Paul Tseng | TMC | 2 | AMK
\ 15 | equeenie | 1-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr TB Lim | TBC | 1 | Eunos
\ 16 | sakshi | 17-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr. George Maria | KKH | 1 | clementi
\ 17 | winnielove | 17-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Roland Chieng | PWE | 1 | Ubi
\ 18 | Mey | 17-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Kenneth Lee | MAH | 1 | Yishun
\ 19 | sunflower307 | 18-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Chua TM | NUH | 1 | CCK
\ 20 | Amberosw | 18-Jan-15 | 70% male | Dr Paul Tseng | TMC | 3 | AMK
\ 21 | Flan | 19-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Irene Chua | TBC | 1 |
\ 22 | iwspider | 19-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Irene Chua | TBC | 2 | TPY
\ 23 | yingoinkoink | 20-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr AL Lim | TMC | 2 | Punggol
\ 24 | Hanerin | 20-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Chen Lin Han | MAH | 1 | Sembawang
\ 25 | Bbcripps | 21-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Kowa | MEH | 1 | Tg Rhu
\ 26 | Newbiemom | 21-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Kenneth Lee | MAH | 4 |
\ 27 | xiaosnowii | 22-Jan-15 | TBA | TBA | TBA | TBA | TBA
\ 28 | Sugarlove87 | 23-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Citra Mattar | NUH | 1 | Jurong West
\ 29 | GetawayJunkie | 23-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 1 | Clementi, Bt Batok
\ 30 | Dearbabe | 26-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Loh | TMC | 1 | Eunos
\ 31 | alexcmy | 27-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr John Tee | KKH | 1 | TPY
\ 32 | Krissyun | 28-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Heng TL | PWE | 1 | Ubi
\ 33 | yingzz | 29-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Paul Tseng | TMC | 2 | Bt Panjang
\ 34 | ecym | 31-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 2 | Expo
\ 35 | Piggypong | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Lawrence Ang | TMC | 2 | TPY
\ 36 | Xicloudix | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Tan TC | KKH | 3 | Tampines
\ 37 | linlin | 5-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Fong Yang | MAH | 2 | Jurong West
\ 38 | Blumiz | 8-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 1 | Sengkang
\ 39 | DOLLYL | 15-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Wong | TMC | 1 | Punggol

i thought of getting it too.

it will occupy half of the queen size bed.

how much is this?

Btw i was with private suite for #1.. but sometimes i get scheduled to see doc at clinic A or B.. maybe due to not enough doc's rooms in the private suite? i think the cost is a bit cheaper.. but i cant really rem.. haha but the feel of private suite is really comfy sia..
The doc only operate around 2 days in private suite so in order to see him in private suite have to match his timing.

Last pregnancy i had to see my gynae urgently once at clinic b .. kenna attitude nurse.. nv been there before so dun know where to register nor go for routine test. The nurse still can tell me " u first time here ar... " n we waited 2 hrs to see gynae...

But that was the one n only 1 time i go clinic b.

This pregnancy i went clinic b twice experience not bad very friendly n polite this time but i still prefer private suite haha

Back