7 weeks pregnant with no fetus or heartbeat detected

Janis,
Just a while more. Hang in there!
I also can't take it. I changed out of my long sleeves n hoodie cos i was so sweaty that it was wet.

I now wear singlets, cooped up in room, lying on bed... but i covered my head n neck, like wearing the headscarf. =p I scared wind gets into my head then got headache then jialat liao. Windows r shut, abit stuffy but no choice. o_O

My "morning sickness" was horrible headache, almost like migraine liao.

How come urs so serious? Me today not so tired le. Just use the herbs n bath lo. Comfortable n smell gd lo.
Hmmm..Which 1 u mean serious?

My morning sickness? Dunno leh. It just gripped me so bad that I had nearly 8 panadols a day.

Hmm...i haven bath la. Only washed the down there with the herbs bath. Not enough supply already. Lolll.
Now waiting for DH to come back n boil the herbs lo. Nobody in my hse ma.

I sweat like a leaky tap now. Now I'm in my 2nd singlet liao.
The confinement food made me rain sweat n fart.. =(

Hey janis/Starlights, hang in there.. i know its good to do a mini confinement but in fact no one in my family is aware of my mc and no one is around to take care of me.. I'm taking things easy: bathe normal, wear normal and sleep normal :)

No more pain, so no painkiller. Only on antibiotics and bleeding as per normal menses.

And ya, I did my D&C in a clinic which cost $900 payable via medisave full..

Take care ladies and persevere.. ;)

Amanda, my folks didn't know too. They r very traditional 1, will nag+blame me... Wth.
They r also very close with my ahma so if my ahma knows, the whole family tree will know. =d

I also no more pain or bleed lo. Initially I thought would have the major bleeding after childbirth.

Anyways... Take care n Jiayou~

Last edited:
Hello Starlights, amanda and Janis...

Take care of your health and especially after D&C. Rest more and eat more nutritious food.

Those doing mini confinement, pls dun take too heaty stuff...i got sore throat once my mini confinement ends. haha!!

Those not doing, when you eat outside, avoid cold/refrigerated stuff. Our womb is healing and eating cold/refrigerated stuff will not help.

Our womb is a house to our baby, it must be kept warm. :)

Jia you!

Mxlo,
U got sore throat now? So far I'm taking the confinement food till now. Today is day 8. I'm feeling ok, just sweat alot...my record was 4 tee shirts in a day. :oops:

But I still got slight problem here, while the rest of my body is feeling good but my headache is still there. I have not wash my hair but i wrapped it up in scarf. Today I thought of washing my hair but then it rained heavily the whole day. o_O

Wonder if there is anything I can do to kill this headache?

I used cold cabbage. May not stop the flow but will reduce and also soothe the engorgement.

But i also know some medication can help to stop. Do see a doc for that.

Starlights not now la. My d&c was done on 21st March this year. Took a week off plus off and went back to work then got sore throat. Because my body itself is heaty and I din drink plain water I had red dates & longan tea every day during the confinement. Plus confinement food with ginger so I got sore throat.

Hi ladies.. im finally back to wrk n keep myself busy too.. i just eat ma you ji, cod fish n pig organ soup to pui myself.. i at nite sleep keep on feel hot although i never wear long sleeve but i keep my foot warm.. i really cannot stand to wear long sleeve but i never on fan to slp at nite lo.. my engery is back but i cant go for my active sport i think need to wait for a mth then is better for myself..

I never took and cold stuff yet.. keep drink longan n red date tea for better health and morning drink chicken esscent and nite have a small cup of DOM is also gd for our health...

Now my period had stop if come also abit of brownish..and 4aug need to go back to doc for 1 more check up see whether my body ok or not...

Eileen, dun be too sad... we are here to support eachother to stand up again and fight for the better in our future... if u believe u can u can do it... jia you.. will keep u in my prayer too... just that u need to had more rest too... =)

Starlights not now la. My d&c was done on 21st March this year. Took a week off plus off and went back to work then got sore throat. Because my body itself is heaty and I din drink plain water I had red dates & longan tea every day during the confinement. Plus confinement food with ginger so I got sore throat.
Oic.
I follow a strict diet since d/c. I totally never drink plain water for these past 8 days... i thought cannot drink plain water at all so I only drink the red dates tea.

I think my body is dealing with it well, I now got very active sweat glands n frequent smelly farts... :oops:

But hope it will not be the case after I'm out of the confinement 5 days later...else I will be in deep sht. Imagine after a meal I start to sweat alot plus farting in front of my colleagues...

Last edited:
Hahaha! ! Dun worry I also like that. Fart and perspire alot. You can eat fruits like Apple. The other fruits not so advisable. Apple is the best.

Eileen
You will heal in time to come. Take your time to slowly heal.

Some extracts from a blog, and I would like to share with you ladies.

"The grieving is real, and is very painful. I will not forget my pain. I will honour it. It is part of who I am."

"I would like to convey tonight is that after surviving the unimaginable, there is hope. There are lighter and brighter days down the road. No matter how far along we are in this journey we must remember to be gentle on ourselves. Be patient. Be kind. Remember. Love and be loved. The sadness, the desperation, the anger… these feelings are all a part of the process. Let yourself go to those dark places, but please, remember the light too. As difficult as it is to accept that time marches on while our world has seemingly come to a crashing halt…. time is our ally. Time softens the pain. Time allows us to remember the good and not always the bad."

We don’t get over it, we get through it….it doesn’t get better, it gets different. And I am a PROUD mother of an angel. :)

Hi Amanda .. Can I know which clinic u went for D&C..

I found out on 15 dec from the gynae that I have a MC.. I am so shock cos I already wk 9 and at wk 6+ I went for 1st scan , can see bb and HB..
My heart really sank and I start checking online for informations on people whose in same condition as me and I found this forum and realize that I'm not alone ...

I was in very low mood for last few days untill 18 dec I went for 2nd opinion and doc confirm bb no HB .....

Hi,
I had two scans (both times lasted abt 1min) on my 7-8th week and there was no fetal pole both times. My hcg was increasing but not doubling up. My gynae said its a confirmed mc case. I told her I have a tilted uterus but she said it doesn't matter.

I am tearing everyday waiting for a natural MC. I would like to seek a 2nd opinion at another clinic. Does anyone know any gynae that will patiently scan longer?
I had some minor cramps since then but no spotting or bleeding. I am still taking duphaston, so it could be preventing the natural MC...

Would appreciate any advice and info. Feeling very lost and helpless.
Thank you.

Hi,
I had two scans (both times lasted abt 1min) on my 7-8th week and there was no fetal pole both times. My hcg was increasing but not doubling up. My gynae said its a confirmed mc case. I told her I have a tilted uterus but she said it doesn't matter.

I am tearing everyday waiting for a natural MC. I would like to seek a 2nd opinion at another clinic. Does anyone know any gynae that will patiently scan longer?
I had some minor cramps since then but no spotting or bleeding. I am still taking duphaston, so it could be preventing the natural MC...

Would appreciate any advice and info. Feeling very lost and helpless.
Thank you.

I had experienced the same. Gynae ordered a more detailed scan with the Fetal Assessment Centre. Unfortunately I have no good news to share. I chose to do D&C.

To be frank, the rate of HCG levels rise is a good indication of pregnancy viability based on my past experiences.

However, I wish you will have a better experience than mine.

I had experienced the same. Gynae ordered a more detailed scan with the Fetal Assessment Centre. Unfortunately I have no good news to share. I chose to do D&C.

To be frank, the rate of HCG levels rise is a good indication of pregnancy viability based on my past experiences.

However, I wish you will have a better experience than mine.

Maybebb, thanks for your candid sharing. Sorry to hear that you went through the same awful experience.

Maybebb, thanks for your candid sharing. Sorry to hear that you went through the same awful experience.

I have to say it was hard and I cried for days. It was a long awaited pregnancy. I was unlucky to have more than one such experiences.

However, do not lose heart. I'm now going into my second trimester and all is well for now. There's always a ray of hope out there. Be strong.

I have to say it was hard and I cried for days. It was a long awaited pregnancy. I was unlucky to have more than one such experiences.

However, do not lose heart. I'm now going into my second trimester and all is well for now. There's always a ray of hope out there. Be strong.

Maybebb,
Wishing you all the best ! :)

Just to update, i cried for days and the tears eventually ran dry. When the 2nd opinion confirmed the first, I did the d&c the following day. Just wanted to get the episode over and move on...
Take care and have a smooth happy pregnancy!

Just had my scan at 6 weeks yesterday, no heartbeat, see sac and yoke only. According to doc, not too promising. Its either slow growth or mc liao.
Will be scheduled for scan in another 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Just had my scan at 6 weeks yesterday, no heartbeat, see sac and yoke only. According to doc, not too promising. Its either slow growth ( unlikely) or mc liao.
Will be scheduled for scan in another 2 weeks.

just had my scan too, week 7. scan scheduled in a weeks' time. this is all too hard to bear right?

what are the chances of slow growth? why is it unlikely? maybe ours are this case?

just had my scan too, week 7. scan scheduled in a weeks' time. this is all too hard to bear right?

what are the chances of slow growth? why is it unlikely? maybe ours are this case?
I think the doc was trying to prep me in case of mc. A lady who is similar 6 weeks as me had heartbeat heard for her baby. We were both waiting for the docs review. But dun give up yet...

Back