IVF/ICSI Support Group

actually i am curious too. does where to jab,as in left side or right side matters? are we suppoae to jab 1 day left side, e other day right side and continue like this? sisters who bfp, mind to share?thanks :)

I alternate the sides every day for my first and second cycle of fresh and I bfp. I also did all my injections at night, not sure if it makes a difference.

My jabs are all in the morning. Didn't really alternate but don't think it affect anything. This time round lucky was taught to combine all med into 1 syringe. My 2nd fresh max 1 time 5 jabs and minimum 3!!!!

Janices thanks. You mean you're on menopur and saizen and gonal f all at the same time? I think it's a blessing to combine into one jab Haa.

I don't believe having to jab single side or alternate sides or morn/night jabs make any difference in success. I'm sure alternating the sides eases the stress on the tummy.

Janices thanks. You mean you're on menopur and saizen and gonal f all at the same time? I think it's a blessing to combine into one jab Haa.

I don't believe having to jab single side or alternate sides or morn/night jabs make any difference in success. I'm sure alternating the sides eases the stress on the tummy.
Yes on Menopur, gonal f, saizen and buserelin. 4 in 1! But the needle aka solution inside is a lot more. Hopefully hub remembers how to mix, I video it down lol

Hi sis. Im on my d9 and just had my scan yesterday, seems the eggs din grow fast enough. Any idea wats e normal size on d9? Im on 400iu puregon.

Hi sis. Im on my d9 and just had my scan yesterday, seems the eggs din grow fast enough. Any idea wats e normal size on d9? Im on 400iu puregon.
Hi. Is that what the doc commented? How many follies and size now?

I can't remember my cd9 scan result last round though.

@redvel: yes, supposedly to do retrieval on d11 n now have to tentatively extend another 2days. Tomorrow to hv another scan see when can do the er :(. There r about 16 follies, so far only one is 16mm the rest about 8-12

Ellesie hope the next 2 days the rest will catch up with the race.

Done with cd6 scan. Right 6 follies and left has 8. Biggest 11.5mm and smallest 6 mm. But averagely 8-10mm. I think this round the egg growth is paced better than the last. Last round the sizes are all over the place. Lining 5.4 triple.

My last ER was on cd14. I think this round might be earlier?

@redvel: yes, supposedly to do retrieval on d11 n now have to tentatively extend another 2days. Tomorrow to hv another scan see when can do the er :(. There r about 16 follies, so far only one is 16mm the rest about 8-12
The sizes looks okay.

Another 2 days will be good for those to chase up

Understand need to reach Ard 14-15mm to ensure it's maturity I think.

Take more protein...

Ellesie hope the next 2 days the rest will catch up with the race.

Done with cd6 scan. Right 6 follies and left has 8. Biggest 11.5mm and smallest 6 mm. But averagely 8-10mm. I think this round the egg growth is paced better than the last. Last round the sizes are all over the place. Lining 5.4 triple.

My last ER was on cd14. I think this round might be earlier?
Ya.. Yours all grow quite nicely

Saizen helps in that manner as it's a growth hormone

Guess ur ER might be on Cd10 or earlier?

Redvel, faith-bb:thanks. Hope it will catch up. Doc says need to be 18mm for e retrieval.

Redvel, where do u do ur ivf?

Ellesie I also think your eggies will catch up. Not bad numbers there. I mean if d11 doesn't show most to be matured I'm sure the ER can be pushed a couple more days? Not sure if that's how it works. My last ER was on d14.

Me at kkh. You?

Yes, after ET can go home. Were you sedated during ET? Usually ET done in procedure room 2, unless sedation required then they will do the transfer in the ER room.

I did my procedure at Gleneagles, I wasn't sedated. After the ET, they pushed me to a ward and rest for 4 hours before I can go home.

Redvel, im with dr fong. Er and et will b done at sincere ivf. Im a bit worried cos from wat I hear if er is done after d13, chances of bfp is quite slim. I failed my 1st fresh n 2nd cycle also cancelled as eggs din grow. But I manage to conceive naturally while waiting for 3rd cycle. Now trying for no 2. How about u?

I'm started on the blocker jab from today. So fast. Doc said my dominant ones at 10 and 11.5.

Oh I haven't heard before about the late ER. No wonder I didn't bfp last round. Haa. I did on CD14.

It's my 2nd fresh. Had 2 mcs. So waiting for my first pot of gold.

Yep oct bunny! Suppose to be nov but she's a premmie.

Ron, lol lucky this time round no need to jab one by one but the syringe very big.

My lining at CD3 still thick, asked to drink stout but tdy seems getting lesser. How to clear lining huh? Anything to take?
Pineapple?

Hahaha ya sex at CD3 is a no no to me. I think it's more torturing than pleasure

Ya hor black fungus! I'll ask my mum to cook tonight

Checked with the nurses, Egg whites should be taken after egg retrieval.. No chinese herbs for this period due to the hormones jabs..

Check with u all, the insurance from GE has to be bought after ET. Does it covers pregancy complications? Or just cover the bb after birth? If twins, will it still be covered?

How many insurance can we buy to cover pregnancy related complications? Which coy did u all buy from?

Checked with the nurses, Egg whites should be taken after egg retrieval.. No chinese herbs for this period due to the hormones jabs..

Check with u all, the insurance from GE has to be bought after ET. Does it covers pregancy complications? Or just cover the bb after birth? If twins, will it still be covered?

How many insurance can we buy to cover pregnancy related complications? Which coy did u all buy from?
Usually people take egg white or rather protein b4 ER to try improve the eggs

And to take after ER is to help with the bloatedness I think.

For twins yes, which is why, the insurance premium depends on number of embryos put in.. :)

Ourblessedbbjourney: the GE insurance is meant for neonatal insurance and not for the pregnancy complications. Usually u need to submit the form within a certain number of days after ET. I never buy any personal insurance for pregnancy related.

Ourblessedbbjourney, if you are looking at policy that covers for pregnancy complication, I think only AIA has a policy that covers for IVF pregnancy. The policy that is offered by AXA and Prudential does not seem to cover if you conceive through IVF.

Ourblessedbbjourney, if you are looking at policy that covers for pregnancy complication, I think only AIA has a policy that covers for IVF pregnancy. The policy that is offered by AXA and Prudential does not seem to cover if you conceive through IVF.
My friend in prudential said theirs cover ivf too. They don't care how you conceive

Hi ladies, anybody here seeing tsb to tiao yr body? Its my first visit today n my fet is next week. Was given 2 packets of chinese med for these few days. But i suddenly recall im taking progynova orally every morning, can i take the chinese med? I took progynova in the morning n the chinese med to be taken after dinner.
TIA!

Hi ladies, anybody here seeing tsb to tiao yr body? Its my first visit today n my fet is next week. Was given 2 packets of chinese med for these few days. But i suddenly recall im taking progynova orally every morning, can i take the chinese med? I took progynova in the morning n the chinese med to be taken after dinner.
TIA!
Hi @Eeznyl.. TSB always tells me to have at least a 2 hours gap between ang mor med and her herbs.. Since u r taking progynova in the morning and herbs at night.. it should be fine.. but if you're really in doubt.. u can call the clinic and ask..

Yes any western and tcm to be at least 2-3hrs apart will do.

As for jab, my tcm told me since jab is direct into the body so no need to wait

Last edited:
Hi back Miracle#2. I've done my first scan on Sat so yes we both are cycling together with ER/ET on Aug :)
Is this your first ivf? Short protocol for you? Making egg whites now (the gagging begins again... too much whites sometimes wanna tor).

Hello redvel. ..

Yeah finally found a cycle buddy..I am on short protocol....it's my 2nd fresh cycle...first two both ended M/C. ..today I done 2 types of injection orgulatran and menopur. ..felt pain and like something poking...are u on any acupuncture for this cycle ? I am seeing TSB only...

Hi hi. Sorry about your mc. I had mcs too but were from natural conceive. Anyway that's our past :)

Those stim jabs will give ovulation pain. The ovaries are working extra hard thus can have that sensation.

Unlike most ivf ladies here, I go very easy and simple on my ivf journey. Have stopped tcm before my ivf.

Which day is your cycle now?

Anyone have dull aching, crammy, tightness type of feeling at the uterus during 2ww? Been feeling crammy on and off for the past 3 days since 5dp2dt

Back