(2014/08) August 2014

Hello fellow mummies,

Want a quick way to boost your child’s immunity?

Or an easy way to boost breast milk production and reduce the pain from sore nipples?

How about nourishing your hair and skin for pre and post-natal care?

I’m a mother of 2 and retail the COCOS premium range of coconut derivatives at edenskitchen.sg

20140509-EDENSKITCHEN_0010-small.jpg

Why COCOS?

1.This brand was made and founded in Singapore, with decades of research and expertise behind the processing of every drop of coconut oil.

2.Unlike many brands in the market, COCOS Coconut Oils remain clear and liquid at a huge range of temperatures. Easy to serve, great for the health and palate!

3.The oils are of pharmaceutical grade and are suitable for babies to consume.

4.High in Medium Chain Fatty Acids (found in Mother’s milk), COCOS products contain beneficial supernutrients for the body.

How to use COCOS coconut Oil?

There are countless ways to use coconut oil – be it for the face, hair, body or even to repel mosquitoes, heal bites and wounds….

For a quick boost of immune systems, put a teaspoon of coconut oil into your child’s meals daily.

You can use it on bellies to prevent stretch marks and soothe the itchiness.

For the weeks before labour, coconut oil can be applied to the perineum to reduce tearing and the need for episiotomy during labour.

Nursing mothers can also use it on nipples to ease the soreness during breastfeeding.

For the newborn stage, coconut oil can help remove sticky meconium from the baby’s bottom, remove baby’s cradle cap and many more! It is also an ideal carrier oil for massages!

Where to buy?

For easy purchase, simply visit www.edenskitchen.sg or visit our store at 5 Everton Park, 01-34, weekdays between 11am to 5pm or Alternate Saturdays 10am to 2pm.

Got a question? You can respond to this post or email us at [email protected]

Wow..120ml thats alot...ur freezer will be full.

Day5..only manage 40ml max per pump...but baby taking more..she can take 50ml of fm per feed...
But she sleep well too..after milk..sleep 3-4hrs

Ya ..milk flow is very smooth now. hahaha...freezer going to full soon... A pump 4-5 ×... fr 90ml to 120ml.. +-
My mum everyday boil the fish papaya soup, and must eat a lot of nutrition food as well...

No need to evny. .. u try drink and eat as much as u can. .drink milk or milo for tea break. ..per day take abt 5 to 6 meal. ..you will have it smooth too..加油打气

Ya ..milk flow is very smooth now. hahaha...freezer going to full soon... A pump 4-5 ×... fr 90ml to 120ml.. +-
My mum everyday boil the fish papaya soup, and must eat a lot of nutrition food as well...

No need to evny. .. u try drink and eat as much as u can. .drink milk or milo for tea break. ..per day take abt 5 to 6 meal. ..you will have it smooth too..加油打气

so envy. I still struggling to build up supply. some more come back home become more stress & supply drop. sigh. :(

btw, do u latch? or juz pump exclusively?

Oh I see. My #1 c-sec recovery time is about 1.5mths without binder. #2 is only 1week plus with binder. Both operate by diff gynae. Don't know if this make the difference.

recovery time as in? totally don't feel any pain? I think I took abt 2 weeks with binder previously.

I'm feeling much better today compared to yest. but still feel pain & sore when trying to get up from bed & walking etc. come home seem worse, no chance to rest at all. been walking in & out out of room to kitchen to get pump, pour water, etc a dozen times today. sigh.

Hi ladies, found out today (37+6) that I'm 3cm dilated and fully effaced although I'm not having any real contractions. If nothing happens within these few days (i.e. regular contractions/waterbag break), Gynae is asking me to get admitted by this sat/sun to break waterbag... meaning induce... :(

Hope it will happen naturally before that though because I heard induced labour is longer and more painful...

@kopibeanie , yup, I meant no pain, get up and down easily. I even squat to bathe my #2 newborn in 2weeks without binder.

Nap together with baby if possible. I know its easier said than done if got older kids.

Anyway, take care and rest well. Congrats!

so envy. I still struggling to build up supply. some more come back home become more stress & supply drop. sigh. :(

btw, do u latch? or juz pump exclusively?

Yes baby latch at night time.. It is very tired de cos when bb latch it is only eat a bit. .. in actual bb should latch each side for 15min. Buy my bb alway latch 1 side less then 15 min already fall a sleep. Therefore at night more tired need to wake up ma many many time.. For day time I pump and give bb abt 70ml. .. then he can sleep for 3 to 4 hrs.

My friend recommended to use the hospital breastfeeding pump whilst in hospital to try to stimulate the milk glands if you have the chance. apparently hospital pumps very 'power'. I am planning to try that out when I deliver

Hello did any of you have an internal swab taken in week 37 or so to check for bacteria? I have to get one this Friday and I'm worried it might trigger labour

Hello did any of you have an internal swab taken in week 37 or so to check for bacteria? I have to get one this Friday and I'm worried it might trigger labour

I had it at wk 37 as I kep having infection from 2nd trimester.

dun worry. . It's just a few gentle touch with cotton bud. I did that last week.

I did that last week. Dr also checked if there is any dilation... no trigger

Yes I did that at about week 37 also when my urine test contain white blood cells...it won't trigger labour don't worry :)

So happy for mummies who have dilated... i m still in e waiting game n there is no sigh of labor n doc said baby will only come out on edd date.. i will go swimming n do some stretching

So happy for mummies who have dilated... i m still in e waiting game n there is no sigh of labor n doc said baby will only come out on edd date.. i will go swimming n do some stretching
Will that help? I would love to know when the baby will arrive as i haven't taken maternity leave yet as i cannot decide, and i don't want to waste too much maternity leave sitting at home waiting!!

THis morning went for check at week 39+2 and according to CTG, doc said there's contractions every 5mins!! but i dont feel anything?? o_O Missy still asked me if i have high pain threshold? but cant be! no feeling and these days just more tightening of tummy....

But he said haven dilute but he expects to see me in hospital in 2-3days time!! :eek:

THis morning went for check at week 39+2 and according to CTG, doc said there's contractions every 5mins!! but i dont feel anything?? o_O Missy still asked me if i have high pain threshold? but cant be! no feeling and these days just more tightening of tummy....

But he said haven dilute but he expects to see me in hospital in 2-3days time!! :eek:

All the best ! Going to hold your little darling soon

Haha me too..last week my CTG chart goes up n down..dilation 1.5cm..doc also asked me feel anything? I really dont feel anything leh..
This week CTG much more calm chart..doc released me home n said good means I can tahan pain..but I really dont feel anything wor..

Same leh last Saturday when I went to see Gynae also did ctg scan. Scan showed mild contractions but I didn't feel anything. She checked and said cervix very soft liao but not dilated. She say for 2nd pregnancy if once dilate labour will come very fast. She say "see u either in 1 week time or in labour ward" I guess it means it's waiting game liao. These 2 days I feel more BH but nothing too painful... I hope baby can wait till Friday cos I prefer august baby. :)

Poohgirl.. yeap. Kotex thicker. If u start bf..the menses will be lesser.

Kopibeanie

I fm all the way in hospital. Told the nurse I have short nipple and no milk..no engorgement yet.. but I took FM and feed baby myself on day 2.

The shield does works but it will leak leh.. end up bb like pek chek to suck. Probably I am a FTM, so her cry makes me gan cheong. Lol. So I rather pump then latch. Pump at least I know how much intake. Latch I dunno she drank or not leh..
I also pump & not latch. Tried latching in hosp but milk not enough for bb so he end up always crying hungrily... made me stressed & gave up.
I only restart breastfeeding when i back home with the pump... cuz pumping i noe how much bb drinks.. tho supply not enough for him for every feed yet but i will try my best to pump...

As a first time mum at 37wks, I'm really confuse at what I'm feeling now. I dunno what I'm feeling now is contractions or pelvic pain or other pain? I remember in my initial stage like 2nd month I thot my baby is unstable coz my womb area is painful. So the doc thot I am having unstable pregnancy and prescribe some medicine for me. After like 1mth later then I realized it's pelvic area pain not my womb pain and there's nothing wrong with my baby. Eat medicine for one month for nothing. I can't exactly differentiate and know which pain is for what purpose. Really confuse whether I'm going to give birth already or not. Where exactly at the body does contraction pain happen? And how does it feel like?

Any mummies here took epidural before? Can share whether it was painful or whether they will numb the spine area first? Will be delivering TMC this weekend and scared I bth the pain :S

As a first time mum at 37wks, I'm really confuse at what I'm feeling now. I dunno what I'm feeling now is contractions or pelvic pain or other pain? I remember in my initial stage like 2nd month I thot my baby is unstable coz my womb area is painful. So the doc thot I am having unstable pregnancy and prescribe some medicine for me. After like 1mth later then I realized it's pelvic area pain not my womb pain and there's nothing wrong with my baby. Eat medicine for one month for nothing. I can't exactly differentiate and know which pain is for what purpose. Really confuse whether I'm going to give birth already or not. Where exactly at the body does contraction pain happen? And how does it feel like?
Ya even I'm very confused about how it actually feels. Today I have menstrual like cramps for 15 mins but after that nothing else. The other day I had this very tight painful feeling on the right side of my tummy. I'm just going by the fact that if its real contractions they will keep coming and won't be one off

Same for me... still dunno how contraction feels like although I am already 3cm dilated. Only feel tight in the belly but ppl say that it only braxton hicks. Confused!

wah~~ envy you! at least there is sign of labour! i also want to know when my baby is coming out!

Haha me too..last week my CTG chart goes up n down..dilation 1.5cm..doc also asked me feel anything? I really dont feel anything leh..
This week CTG much more calm chart..doc released me home n said good means I can tahan pain..but I really dont feel anything wor..
omg everyone has been doing CTG? how come my gynae nv ask me do this?! next monday must request for this!

Real contractions is painful, comes in regular interval and usually comes with lower back pain. If tummy tighten with no other discomfort, is Braxton hicks.

Same leh last Saturday when I went to see Gynae also did ctg scan. Scan showed mild contractions but I didn't feel anything. She checked and said cervix very soft liao but not dilated. She say for 2nd pregnancy if once dilate labour will come very fast. She say "see u either in 1 week time or in labour ward" I guess it means it's waiting game liao. These 2 days I feel more BH but nothing too painful... I hope baby can wait till Friday cos I prefer august baby. :)

Me too hopefully baby can hold till Aug..
But my tummy position getting lower n lower..

I'm 37weeks, 5 days. I'm also having contraction that are similar to menstral cramp. I also have painless BH where the tummy tightens and hardens. Did ctg today and it shows I have contraction every 6 mins. No dilation though. Anyone experienced that? Doc also asked me monitor bb movement. Is it 10 movement the whole day or every 2 hours?

I am having terrible tightening of my tummy. it seems to get so tight and so long that I can hardly move. usu I adjust my position and the tightening should stop. is this contraction? confused and panicky ftm

Hi mummy can i know where to get tummy binder? Watson selling? Thanks in advance:)

Brought from gynae 2yrs ago $60 Brand : Dale

You can try out pharmacy at hospital but I'm sure more ex.

There could be some mummies selling preloved or Bn in SMH. I came across.

I also pump & not latch. Tried latching in hosp but milk not enough for bb so he end up always crying hungrily... made me stressed & gave up.
I only restart breastfeeding when i back home with the pump... cuz pumping i noe how much bb drinks.. tho supply not enough for him for every feed yet but i will try my best to pump...

I feel like giving up already. I don't get much from pumping, ard 20ml each pump nia. then gave my boy some fm using the bottle & now he doesn't want to latch anymore. also he tends to drink more & faster when bottle feed compared to syringe feed.

probably juz gonna stick to bottle feeding fm to up his intake as his intake is really low & urine output also really low. worried abt his weight & jaundice. :(

Hi mummy can i know where to get tummy binder? Watson selling? Thanks in advance:)

u getting the binder for csect op or for beauty purpose?

if for csect op, I got mine (dale brand) from the hospital. they put it on for me, without me asking, immediately after my previous emergency csect op. but of coz will charge to ur acct la. this time I pass it to them before my elect csect & they put it on for me immediately after the op.

if for beauty purpose, got many brands to choose from & can get from retail outlets like robinsons/Watsons or even online.

Any mummies here took epidural before? Can share whether it was painful or whether they will numb the spine area first? Will be delivering TMC this weekend and scared I bth the pain :S

erh.. its painful lo.. but for 2-3 secs nia.. I'm sure labour pain shld be worse than this ba..

Back