(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

I dnt stay in d house for a month,1week after i gve birth i went out already,and second day after i gve birth i shower already,a fast one.i dnt follow all d rules hehehehe.too hot and sticky f cant shower for a month.my goodness hehehehe.i just try to avoid direct fan on me and d aircon also.

i bathe alternate days for the 1st week. Try to tahan dont wash hair for first 3 days but really cannot take it. so subsequently alternate days too.. like popie, i blow dry immediately. On aircon but not fan.
hopefully oct weather will be nice for us to have a cooling confinement. :)

Well, almost ready ba... since not 1st baby so not so gan jiong anymore. If need anything can buy anytime when bb arrives. Had sort out baby clothes NB, 2mths onwards...etc... but will only wash them a week before use.

Trying to list down my confinement menu.. lol.. steal menu from tingkat service so that I can pass to my mom, give her more idea what to cook for me.

Hmmm. I haven't really started. Abt to start claiming back my stuff which I passed on to my friends. Haha. And of course buy things like diapers and breast pads and replace and service my medel a pump.

Rhonna, I also go out... haha but I find excuse to go, say buy this buy that.

Angel loi, My mom do confinement for me in year 2003, that time she damn strict, boil herbal bathe water, cannot wash hair... blar blar. But during my 2012 confinement, she totally different le. She say want bathe faster take a quick one. Cos she realised man don't give birth also whole body pain lor so not really all about confinement, body will become weak.

So for me, I'll strictly follow confinement menu, other than that, I'll bathe and sleep in aircon as usual.

wah! agaga, thats not bad what.. i havent even figure out where are the nb clothes. i love pork trotter vinegar.. think of it can salivate alr.

i still havent buy diapers, bottles & breastpad yet.. waiting for bb fair promo to sweep one shot.. hpefully there is one coming up. See i'm that lazy to even google.
the herbal pack for bathing can just buy from any medical shop rite? the last my mom did confinement for me.. so a lot of things i leave it to her.. now must do ownself. :(

Recently keep visualising after bb arrives, there will be 2 baby seats in the car. I'll be sandwich in between them...lol.. car ride should be fun by then.

Leocub, too lazy to boil herbal water, anyway I find them useless. This round I bought the lemongrass shower gel to bathe. I super love ginger vinegar too :)

wah! agaga, thats not bad what.. i havent even figure out where are the nb clothes. i love pork trotter vinegar.. think of it can salivate alr.

i still havent buy diapers, bottles & breastpad yet.. waiting for bb fair promo to sweep one shot.. hpefully there is one coming up. See i'm that lazy to even google.
the herbal pack for bathing can just buy from any medical shop rite? the last my mom did confinement for me.. so a lot of things i leave it to her.. now must do ownself. :(

@Leoclub you not getting a confinement lady? I found it really helpful ESP when you already hv more than 1 kid. Haha. Cos still hv to deal with sibling rivalry. My older one was so jealous n sticky. It was impossible to rest if I didnt have someone else looking after the bb.

Baby cot
Beddings (pillow/bolster/bean bag)
Baby rocker
Baby carrier/sarong sling
Breast pump/ milk storage bags
Breast pads
Sterilizer
Milk bottles
Bottle detergent
Baby soap powder
Bath towels
Lots of handkerchief in case of spit ups
Cloth nappy
Clothes

Went to baby expo today,nothing much haizzz....guess i ned to wait for august 22-24 in suntec! Coz sept cnt buy anymore coz my hubby will b busy.ned to buy bb cot,stroller,diapers,breast pad,bb shampoo,bb soap,and d milk bottle liquid cleanser,wipes for NB,thats all i ned to buy,coz d rest i bought already heheehehe.

Im very much ready,hehehehe my daughter cant wait,so excited to her little brother soon... Having second bb is more relaxing coz we already knw what to expect hehhehehe and what to buy,what to do...

Last edited:
Yes, that's true.. Having #2 is not as busy as #1. Most of the items still can be use but of course there are still quite a few items to buy. I think by aug will be fully ready with all the baby items.

Baby cot
Beddings (pillow/bolster/bean bag)
Baby rocker
Baby carrier/sarong sling
Breast pump/ milk storage bags
Breast pads
Sterilizer
Milk bottles
Bottle detergent
Baby soap powder
Bath towels
Lots of handkerchief in case of spit ups
Cloth nappy
Clothes

adding on to your list and did a compile ;)

mummies, pls see if anything is left out.

1st time mummies, some items are not a must-get. Got to depend on your lifestyle.

-Bath Tub
-Non slip rubber mat
-Baby Shampoo n body wash
-Baby Wipes
-Diaper
-Nappy Liner
-Cloth Nappy
-Nappy cream
-Baby powder
-RuYiOil
-Waterproof Mat / Changing Mat
-Towel
-Face towel
-Handkerchief
-Clothes

-Milk Bottle
-Water Bottle
-Bottle/Teat Brush
+Formula milk Powder
+Milk powder container
+Sterilizer
+Milk Bottle Rack
+Bottle Detergent
+Breast Pump & Storage bag
+Hot water flask

-Baby Cot
-Cot Bumper
-Pillow with dimple
-Bean Bag
-Rocker
-Sling/Sarong
-Car Seat
-Stroller/Pram

-Herbal bath
-Breastpad
-Sanitary Pad

There's some items I didn't add to the list are -Pacifier. As some mummies discourage this but it's a savior to me. Tummy binder and swaddle are a must to me.

I think I m the least Prepared one.. Apart from 3 bottles and clothes I have yet to buy anything.. Waiting for the spare room to be cleared( big mess) but no progress. I think I must change my plan, to get a toyogo cabinet first, then start buy the necessities . If I were to wait, I think can wait till delivery liao.

@agaga

Thanks for info.. I think I got 80% ready in yr list. Next week is aug liao.. Last mth for me to fulfil all the necessities. So excited for my newborn baby.. In fact quite scared too. Haha!

Don't know is it weather too hot or my body temperature very high, whole face, head and body can perspire non stop even in aircon room AND I find that my body is very very HEAVY! Can feel that my feet are very stress! Still need to carry this weight for another 8-9weeks. Don't know can take it or not. Really tired...zzz

Don't know is it weather too hot or my body temperature very high, whole face, head and body can perspire non stop even in aircon room AND I find that my body is very very HEAVY! Can feel that my feet are very stress! Still need to carry this weight for another 8-9weeks. Don't know can take it or not. Really tired...zzz

Ya, me too.. Perspired a lot. Sometimes middle of the night I don't even cover the blanket. Recently the weather is really hot & humid..going crazy soon, haha! Hopefully during on our confinement the weather can change, better if raining everyday. :)

Angel, my 2012 dragon baby was born in Oct. The weather is consider okay, still hot but not as hot as these 3 mths, May,June, July. I rmb I also produced a lot of sweat but somehow I enjoy it cos i feel my fats are burning, Hahaha, hopefully I can tahan this Sept/Oct like how I did in 2012. In this rate, you can kill me if you forbid me to shower or wash hair. Some ppl do confinement still wear long sleeves n pants. Omg! Sure got heat stroke!

@lala, good choice. Toyogo cabinet drawers are very useful. I had 1 since my 1st girl was born. Rmb bought for 80bucks from TPY lor.8 and it still serve us very well after 11years of usage. Had cleared away some stuff and now is filled with newborn barang. Talk about it, it actually serves #1 , #2 & #3 since birth :)

Wow.. the list by popie and agaga is good.. think they are pretty comprehensive already.. the Toyogo cabinet sound super useful.. get from kiddy palace??

Dont worry lala, i am same as u.. i only have baby cot which my friend pass to me.. haha..

Ya i will be going to the aug bazzard to get all the necessary.. no much time liao.. gan jiong...

Verine, I used my usual shampoo and body wash. Trying to find a 'good' shampoo which can last me a few days without washing and no oily hair or scalp is quite impossible so I give up searching. In case use liao, hair become 'bad' (as in change in condition). So decided to use the usual shampoo. This round I bought the lemongrass body wash to try.

You can get Toyogo at Toa payoh lor.8 factory outlet.

Hello mummies,

Congrats to all the mummies edd Oct. We are changing gynae. Anyone of you can recommend a good gynae, not from KKH, reasonable rate, does a good c-sect job. Possible hospitals are Mt A, TMC, Novena.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My gynae can deliver at Mt.A and TMC. His clinic is at Kovan. He deliver thru c-sec for me in year 2012. Find his rate pretty reasonable, 4bedder 4d3n at Mt.A total cash paid $1800. Happy with him so now with him again for Sept c-sec.

My gynae can deliver at Mt.A and TMC. His clinic is at Kovan. He deliver thru c-sec for me in year 2012. Find his rate pretty reasonable, 4bedder 4d3n at Mt.A total cash paid $1800. Happy with him so now with him again for Sept c-sec.
Hi agaga,

May I have you gynae's name and contact? Thank you so much.

@garfield2411 , you can refer to YEAR 2015 MUMS under thread title GYNAE COST AND PACKAGES
There's a few recommendation you can refer to. I had post my info on it too ;)

@Leoclub you not getting a confinement lady? I found it really helpful ESP when you already hv more than 1 kid. Haha. Cos still hv to deal with sibling rivalry. My older one was so jealous n sticky. It was impossible to rest if I didnt have someone else looking after the bb.

Booked CL & masseur alr..

Looking thru that u & agaga put up, guess I m 60% ready. Don't think i m gg for cloth diapers unless CL willing to wash. Will your CL wash them?

I m also getting heavy. Having leg cramps at night now. How come Fann Wong can look so radiant? I look tired and no glow leh..

I think Fann Wong only looks good in the commercials. I am sure if u put on some make up and pose you will look just as good. Don't let that dishearten you. Must keep positive spirit. Else very easy to sink into post natal depression.

I haven't bought anything yet. Think will wait for another month. Or will slowly stock up. Get tired v easily as baby gets bigger. Cannot stand for too long too. Just went for mani pedi yesterday and was so tired from sitting after the whole treatment. Looks like the best relaxation for now is sleep. Hehe.

Jia you ladies! We are almost there. Last tri already!

fann Wong no need to squeeze public tpt / work office hrs/ do housework / take care of elder child like us mah.. Lol

And when we see her on tv, it's with makeup and all.. Of cos glowing !

FinAlly bought some necessities today.. Nursing bras/ pads/ baby toiletries. Been a while since I shopped for bb toiletries.so many choices as compared tO 7 yrs ago.

Im feeling v bloated n tummy very stretched... at times feel my LO stretching hand n leg inside...

Same feeling.. So sometimes midnight I can't sleep.. Or even wake up for an hour then continue sleep agn. I think 36 weeks onwards getting more worst.

Normal. My bb is kungfu fighting inside. Sometimes either elbow or knee stuck at the side. I hv quite bad reflux too. Keep coughing when I lie down. Well, at least I know bb is kicking and healthy. :)

Bought everything already except diapers,wipes,and cream for rashes.bought yesterday quinny zap extra 2 stroller wd carseat n baby hyperstore.

Verine, I used my usual shampoo and body wash. Trying to find a 'good' shampoo which can last me a few days without washing and no oily hair or scalp is quite impossible so I give up searching. In case use liao, hair become 'bad' (as in change in condition). So decided to use the usual shampoo. This round I bought the lemongrass body wash to try.

You can get Toyogo at Toa payoh lor.8 factory outlet.

Agaga, ya i have the same thoughts too.. better use the same kind.. what is this lemongrass body wash? What brand??

I think Fann Wong only looks good in the commercials. I am sure if u put on some make up and pose you will look just as good. Don't let that dishearten you. Must keep positive spirit. Else very easy to sink into post natal depression.

I haven't bought anything yet. Think will wait for another month. Or will slowly stock up. Get tired v easily as baby gets bigger. Cannot stand for too long too. Just went for mani pedi yesterday and was so tired from sitting after the whole treatment. Looks like the best relaxation for now is sleep. Hehe.
Jia you ladies! We are almost there. Last tri already!

they always say preggie will "glow" mah.. but for me not so for no. 1 and now no. 2.. haggard. Now sometimes when i sleep, i feel more comfortable lying 45 degrees prop up rather than flat down. hubby complain i snore too!! idiot.

ladies, can share where did you all buy nursing bra from? for my no. 1 i bought from spree. think the seller no more alr.
Can share? thanks!

also, what brand of diapers good for NB? i can't remb what i use for no. 1. i only can remb some brands will leak from side.. cutting too big.

@leoclub
My hubby complain too i snore so loud hahahahaha! I told him pregnant women always feel so tired.its not easy being pregnant,pain here and dr!!! I told him u want to b pregnant?u want to feel how hard it is?hahahahaha

My hubby complain i snore too.. and he laugh at me that i walk like a penguin.. ya they will never understand how it feels to be preg..

also, what brand of diapers good for NB? i can't remb what i use for no. 1. i only can remb some brands will leak from side.. cutting too big.

For me, I'm using PET PET & Mamypoko for NB. But most likely will use more on mamypoko as I find it don't leak. Maybe also I change quite often.

Back