(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Yah decided already it is tmc lor Lolz
I went hospital tour because 4 yrs ago when I pregnant with #1 they are under going renovation for some room so now go see what are the improvement Lolz and also to see whether the nurses that handle
My boy still around Lolz
The premier deluxe big improvement
Not bad but the best still their suites Lolz

Lol yeah i also toured the suite.. Made me feel like staying in one! For #1 i stayed in 4bedder.. Cant really rest w a super noisy neighbour.. So i told hubby i feel like having single room.. Haha but of coz not a suite.. Tot single room also better for my #1 to visit.. So he dont disturb others :p you going for which room type?

When you all engage the CL, what qns do you ask??? All the recommended ones my sis gave me all taken Liao... Got one CL recommended her friend but I feel a lil concerned about hiring someone with no reviews.

Lol yeah i also toured the suite.. Made me feel like staying in one! For #1 i stayed in 4bedder.. Cant really rest w a super noisy neighbour.. So i told hubby i feel like having single room.. Haha but of coz not a suite.. Tot single room also better for my #1 to visit.. So he dont disturb others :p you going for which room type?
Lolz for my #1 we were spoilt . Got upgraded to dalvery suite Lolz personalized group of nurse . Really peaceful and quiet. My boy was handled by that group of nurse and he stayed with me most of the time in the room except when time to bath or jab or i need a good rest . And the nurse gave my boy massage almost every day Lolz. Really good experience . So likely to go back that level ...the nurse that handled my boy still there so Lolz must be fair to princess and also my hubby and son can come and stay late without interrupting others

When you all engage the CL, what qns do you ask??? All the recommended ones my sis gave me all taken Liao... Got one CL recommended her friend but I feel a lil concerned about hiring someone with no reviews.
Lolz i only ask price and she available and most of time she ask more question than me Lolz

Eh like that i tot shld b able to just contact the preferred gynae directly? So weird..
We selected the current gynae based on forum feedback but the current gynae almost missed required scan, and when you request to change to another gynae, that is where the problem starts. We request for other gynaes but the reply we got is that they do not want to take the case. We suspect they fear of souring work relationship, and their own quality svc only recommend some gynae we dont know who is from the team as current gynae, so political.

We contacted but the current gynae almost screwed up, and when you request to change to another gynae, that is where the problem starts. We requests for other gynaes but the reply we got is that they do not want to take the case. We suspect they fear of souring work relationship, and their own quality svc only recommend some gynae we dont know who is from the team as current gynae, so political.
Then the more must go out find private before all gynae taken up ... All these politic can mAke the experience sore

Lolz for my #1 we were spoilt . Got upgraded to dalvery suite Lolz personalized group of nurse . Really peaceful and quiet. My boy was handled by that group of nurse and he stayed with me most of the time in the room except when time to bath or jab or i need a good rest . And the nurse gave my boy massage almost every day Lolz. Really good experience . So likely to go back that level ...the nurse that handled my boy still there so Lolz must be fair to princess and also my hubby and son can come and stay late without interrupting others

Wah sounds like heaven.. No wonder u wanna go back haha..

Wah sounds like heaven.. No wonder u wanna go back haha..
Not heaven just hotel like lah Lolz

And hubby say he don't mind paying for the nurses service. He see big diff in the nurses that is in the suite ward vs other ward.

Last edited:

Lol I am quite particular.

I asked mine if if she will help clean my kitchen after cooking ( including cabinets)

Then cause only me and my hubby staying together ma.

So will ask if including washing, ironing and cooking for hubby

For me - 1) No of people living in the house and if she is ok to prepare extra portions for them 2) sleeping arrangement for her to make sure she is alright with a mattress on the floor 3) My expectations of cleanliness and hygiene - I usually tell them I'm very particular 4)tell her I don't consume alcohol so no wine in my food and I'm particular about herbs too and ask if they have alternatives. 5) can ask about their years of experience 6) how long each time they are usually hired. The better ones are usually hired for more than a month always booked up in advance eg booked up till dec 2014. Hope this helps.

Winnielove, one that will iron will be amazing. Btw, it's also quite tiring for the nannies as they have to prepare 3 meals and extra soups, look after baby and probably have interrupted sleep unless she doesn't room with baby at night. Usually they will help w laundry, clean up kitchen (but dont expect spick and span ) , mop the floor on certain days. That's about it if you have no helper at home.

Last edited:
Congrats Poohtastic! Happy for you too. :D

My girl's birthday is end December and my gynae also said it's quitely likely that they will share the same birthday. Heehee.. Because for previous two I gave birth a week earlier than EDD.

Tks Lovexuan. Next time they can have combined bday celebration, maybe when they are older =) think young still need to have individual special attention.

For me - 1) No of people living in the house and if she is ok to prepare extra portions for them 2) sleeping arrangement for her to make sure she is alright with a mattress on the floor 3) My expectations of cleanliness and hygiene - I usually tell them I'm very particular 4)tell her I don't consume alcohol so no wine in my food and I'm particular about herbs too and ask if they have alternatives. 5) can ask about their years of experience 6) how long each time they are usually hired. The better ones are usually hired for more than a month always booked up in advance eg booked up till dec 2014. Hope this helps.

Winnielove, one that will iron will be amazing. Btw, it's also quite tiring for the nannies as they have to prepare 3 meals and extra soups, look after baby and probably have interrupted sleep unless she doesn't room with baby at night. Usually they will help w laundry, clean up kitchen (but dont expect spick and span ) , mop the floor on certain days. That's about it if you have no helper at home.

Mine told me that will help to iron when she's free or when baby is asleep. Hahah

Added :)

S/N|MTB Nick|EDD|BB Gender|Gynae name|Hospital|BB Rank|Residence
\1|Missyz|1/1/2015|TBA|Dr Su Lin Lin|NUH|1|Br Batok
\2|ReneLPN|1/3/2015|TBA|Dr Tan TC|KKH|1|Woodlands
\3|lovexuan|1/3/2015|Princess|Dr Koh Cheng Huat|MAH|3|AMK
\4|ciakes|1/3/2015|Princess|Dr Adelina Wong|TMC|1|Siglap
\5|Poohtastic|1/3/2015|Prince|Dr Yvonne Chan|TMC|2|Kembangan
\6|Kittybaby12|1/6/2015|Prince|Dr Lee LC|TBC|1|CCK
\7|dragon_baby|1/8/2015|TBA|Dr Ben Tham|TMC|2|Sengkang
\8|MsCrappislogist|1/8/2015|TBA|TBA|NUH|1|CCK
\9|bluelove00|1/9/2015|TBA|Dr Wong|TMC|1|Bt Panjang
\10|rourou89|1/11/2015|TBA|Dr Adrian Tan|TMC|2|Jurong West
\11|PT7674|1/12/2015|Princess|Dr Caroline Khi|TMC|2|Sengkang
\12|cinderelly|1/13/2015|TBA|Dr Yvonne Chan|TMC|3|outram
\13|HappiBerries|1/14/2015|TBA|Dr Paul Tseng|TMC|2|AMK
\14|sakshi|1/17/2015|TBA|Dr. George Maria|KKH|1|clementi
\15|winnielove|1/17/2015|TBA|Dr Roland Chieng|PWE|1|Ubi
\16|sunflower307|1/18/2015|TBA|Dr Chua TM|NUH|1|CCK
\17|Amberosw|1/18/2015|70% male|Dr Paul Tseng|TMC|3|AMK
\18|Flan|1/19/2015|TBA|Dr Irene Chua|TBC|1|
\19|iwspider|1/19/2015|TBA|Dr Irene Chua|TBC|2|TPY
\20|yingoinkoink|1/20/2015|TBA|Dr AL Lim|TMC|2|Punggol
\21|Hanerin|1/20/2015|TBA|Dr Chen Lin Han|MAH|1|Sembawang
\22|Bbcripps|1/21/2015|TBA|Dr Kowa|MEH|1|Tg Rhu
\23|Newbiemom|1/21/2015|TBA|Dr Kenneth Lee|MAH|4|
\24|Sugarlove87|1/23/2015|TBA|Dr Citra Mattar|NUH|1|Jurong West
\25|GetawayJunkie|1/23/2015|TBA|Dr Ben Tham|TMC|1|Clementi, Bt Batok
\26|Dearbabe|1/26/2015|Prince|Dr Loh|TMC|1|Eunos
\27|alexcmy|1/27/2015|TBA|Dr John Tee|KKH|1|TPY
\28|yingzz|1/27/2015|TBA|Dr Paul Tseng|TMC|2|Bt Panjang
\29|Krissyun|1/28/2015|TBA|Dr Heng TL|PWE|1|Ubi
\30|ecym|1/31/2015|Princess|Dr Ben Tham|TMC|2|Expo
\31|Piggypong|1/31/2015|TBA|Dr Lawrence Ang|TMC|2|TPY
\32|Xicloudix|1/31/2015|TBA|Dr Tan TC|KKH|3|Tampines
\33|linlin|2/5/2015|TBA|Dr Fong Yang|MAH|2|Jurong West
\34|Blumiz|2/8/2015|TBA|Dr Ben Tham|TMC|1|Sengkang
\35|DOLLYL|2/15/2015|TBA|Dr Wong|TMC|1|Punggol
thanks yingzz

Hello everyone, I'm new here :) EDD is 22 Jan

I would like to ask if it is a must to take the multivitamins prescribed by the doctor?

My scenario is I have problems swallowing pills and so far the solution used is to crush the pill into powder form.

However the taste and after eating it makes me feel very queasy...is it normal?

I would like to ask if it is a must to take the multivitamins prescribed by the doctor?

My scenario is I have problems swallowing pills and so far the solution used is to crush the pill into powder form.

I have the same problem as you and I asked gynae is it a must to have . She said no but good to have and suggest I break them into half to eat instead Lolz

Hi Ladies,

Based on my calculations i am now on my 6 weeks just wondering is it too early to go and check?or should i wait for another week?by the way i got 6 BFP result within 2 weeks :). Just confused me for it is my first.

Hi Ladies,

Based on my calculations i am now on my 6 weeks just wondering is it too early to go and check?or should i wait for another week?by the way i got 6 BFP result within 2 weeks :). Just confused me for it is my first.

Decide a gynae, the earliest appointment may be a few weeks.

Anyone know why gynae prescribes New Obimin tablets and not Blacksmore Pregnancy tablets, they costs about the same but Blacksmore contains DHA, don't have to take so many tablets.

Hello xiaosnowii!

According to my gynae, it is not compulsory. But if we are not taking it, we should be eating more healthy and nutritious food. Maternal/pregnancy milk is an alternative too.

I did not take those pills for all my three pregnancies. I cannot swallow pills no matter how small. It's a phobia that I have since young. And if I crush it, I would end up vomiting them out. I am trying to take the frisomum maternal milk but my morning sickness has not subsided much. So I can only stomach them when I have the mood. Else it would have gone to waste. :)

Hi Ladies,

I usually go for my first visit between 6 to 8 weeks. Best to make appointment soon as many popular gynaes require us to make advanced bookings. And just in case you're not comfotable with the gynae you went to, you still have time to search again before taking up the prenatal package from 12 weeks. :)

@xiaosnowii .... did you take the vits after a meal? I think if taken on empty stomach the nauseous feeling is much worse ;) at least for my case

I feel unwell after taking the multi vitamins as well.

I tried taking it before/ after food. But will end up puking no matter what

Bear in mind multi prenatal vitamin include iron so cannot drink together with milk so have to take 2 hrs later

Anyone know why gynae prescribes New Obimin tablets and not Blacksmore Pregnancy tablets, they costs about the same but Blacksmore contains DHA, don't have to take so many tablets.
My guess is gynae prefer to give separate dha pill with has higher mg of dha

Tomorrow will be going for my 16wk check.. maybe able to know the gender of the BB..
Will check w the gynae about the V itchiness, hopefully no infection.
Will check w her if can take the prenatal pills in alternate days. Get very moody when is time to swallow pills..

Depends on what the doctor is prescribing you....my fish oil already contains DHA so that's prob why he chose to prescribe Obimin instead.

Btw, Blackmores and Obimin price diff is quite a lot based on what I see leh... If I buy the 100 tab bottle of Obimin from the clinic it's only $20+GST. Blackmores the big bottle is already $60 in the pharmacy if I recall correctly?.

How about taking before going to bed?

Speak to your gynae, he may be able to prescribe other alternatives...

I finally sorted my confinement lady today so it's a load off my mind... She comes recommended from another CL my sis recommended so I hope she can deliver....

Because my confinement month cross into CNY and CL wants to go back for CNY, I told her she can leave by the 17th Feb, as long as she do at least 3 weeks confinement with me, I will pay her the full month... If not have to pay CNY surcharge which is like 1.2k more... Crazy... I rather cut short than pay that surcharge.

Not heaven just hotel like lah Lolz

And hubby say he don't mind paying for the nurses service. He see big diff in the nurses that is in the suite ward vs other ward.
Hi, which hospital are we talking about here? And which category of suite?

Depends on what the doctor is prescribing you....my fish oil already contains DHA so that's prob why he chose to prescribe Obimin instead.

Btw, Blackmores and Obimin price diff is quite a lot based on what I see leh... If I buy the 100 tab bottle of Obimin from the clinic it's only $20+GST. Blackmores the big bottle is already $60 in the pharmacy if I recall correctly?.
You hv to buy the blackmores one during sale. I pay between $38 to $42 for each bottle of 120 caps. Last me 2 months n i only hv to swallow 2 caps a day.

I finally sorted my confinement lady today so it's a load off my mind... She comes recommended from another CL my sis recommended so I hope she can deliver....

Because my confinement month cross into CNY and CL wants to go back for CNY, I told her she can leave by the 17th Feb, as long as she do at least 3 weeks confinement with me, I will pay her the full month... If not have to pay CNY surcharge which is like 1.2k more... Crazy... I rather cut short than pay that surcharge.

Yeah lor.. CNY is the killer! I haven decide if I should hire a CL.. mine sure will touch CNY since Edd end Jan..

Yeah lor.. CNY is the killer! I haven decide if I should hire a CL.. mine sure will touch CNY since Edd end Jan..
yah lor ..they will take the opportunity to double ... but look on bright side you dun have to do visiting ..can save angbao :D cos you are considered unclean during that period

yah lor ..they will take the opportunity to double ... but look on bright side you dun have to do visiting ..can save angbao :D cos you are considered unclean during that period

Lol but then i think angbao wouldnt amount up to more than $2k.. >_<~ CL is much more exp sia!

Wah you dun sleep post at that hr

We taking about tmc only Lolz ... Not mt E Lolz ...Their suite from dalvery onwards has a group of personalized nurses

When my no1 was borned at TMC, the cost is 100% bored by my company, so we also took the suite and even though gynae can discharged by 3rd day, we choose to extend to 5 days so that we can monitor our bb jaundice levels... this round, the company bought a different medical plan and expects us to stay in semi-private... blardy hell... i would probably top the diff to stay in premium private ba...

hope i got the correct list

S/N | MTB Nick | EDD | BB Gender | Gynae name | Hospital | BB Rank | Residence
\ 1 | Missyz | 1-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Su Lin Lin | NUH | 1 | Br Batok
\ 2 | ReneLPN | 3-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Tan TC | KKH | 1 | Woodlands
\ 3 | lovexuan | 3-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Koh Cheng Huat | MAH | 3 | AMK
\ 4 | ciakes | 3-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Adelina Wong | TMC | 1 | Siglap
\ 5 | Poohtastic | 3-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Yvonne Chan | TMC | 2 | Kembangan
\ 6 | Kittybaby12 | 6-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Lee LC | TBC | 1 | CCK
\ 7 | dragon_baby | 8-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 2 | Sengkang
\ 8 | MsCrappislogist | 8-Jan-15 | TBA | TBA | NUH | 1 | CCK
\ 9 | bluelove00 | 9-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Wong | TMC | 1 | Bt Panjang
\ 10 | rourou89 | 11-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Adrian Tan | TMC | 2 | Jurong West
\ 11 | PT7674 | 12-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Caroline Khi | TMC | 2 | Sengkang
\ 12 | cinderelly | 13-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Yvonne Chan | TMC | 3 | outram
\ 13 | HappiBerries | 14-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Paul Tseng | TMC | 2 | AMK
\ 14 | sakshi | 17-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr. George Maria | KKH | 1 | clementi
\ 15 | winnielove | 17-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Roland Chieng | PWE | 1 | Ubi
\ 16 | sunflower307 | 18-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Chua TM | NUH | 1 | CCK
\ 17 | Amberosw | 18-Jan-15 | 70% male | Dr Paul Tseng | TMC | 3 | AMK
\ 18 | Flan | 19-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Irene Chua | TBC | 1 |
\ 19 | iwspider | 19-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Irene Chua | TBC | 2 | TPY
\ 20 | yingoinkoink | 20-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr AL Lim | TMC | 2 | Punggol
\ 21 | Hanerin | 20-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Chen Lin Han | MAH | 1 | Sembawang
\ 22 | Bbcripps | 21-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Kowa | MEH | 1 | Tg Rhu
\ 23 | Newbiemom | 21-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Kenneth Lee | MAH | 4 |
\ 24 | xiaosnowii | 22-Jan-15 | TBA | TBA | TBA | TBA | TBA
\ 25 | Sugarlove87 | 23-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Citra Mattar | NUH | 1 | Jurong West
\ 26 | GetawayJunkie | 23-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 1 | Clementi, Bt Batok
\ 27 | Dearbabe | 26-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Loh | TMC | 1 | Eunos
\ 28 | alexcmy | 27-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr John Tee | KKH | 1 | TPY
\ 29 | Krissyun | 28-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Heng TL | PWE | 1 | Ubi
\ 30 | ecym | 31-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 2 | Expo
\ 31 | Piggypong | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Lawrence Ang | TMC | 2 | TPY
\ 32 | Xicloudix | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Tan TC | KKH | 3 | Tampines
\ 33 | linlin | 5-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Fong Yang | MAH | 2 | Jurong West
\ 34 | Blumiz | 8-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 1 | Sengkang
\ 35 | DOLLYL | 15-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Wong | TMC | 1 | Punggol

Lol but then i think angbao wouldnt amount up to more than $2k.. >_<~ CL is much more exp sia!

eh... even you on confinement, i think your dh will still go and visit relatives ba... so the ang bao is cant save one *sob sob*

quite true too :D since you not 1st time mummy you can consider confinement food catering like Ecym

Yeah I am considering that too.. but first need to discuss with MIL.. because likely will need her help.. just moved faraway from mum's place to near MIL's place.. so mum wont be able to help with confinement.. i only told my mum the news yesterday but havent tell MIL yet.. everybody like so fast book CL already!

Good miserable-working-day morning mummies... I'm sitting here in the office sulking away. How did the last 3 days fly by??!!

When my no1 was borned at TMC, the cost is 100% bored by my company, so we also took the suite and even though gynae can discharged by 3rd day, we choose to extend to 5 days so that we can monitor our bb jaundice levels... this round, the company bought a different medical plan and expects us to stay in semi-private... blardy hell... i would probably top the diff to stay in premium private ba...
lolz you also got spoiled by the company :D :D you company also good leh cover maternity

for princess depend on when she wan to come out ...if come out in dec covered by the insurance else pay ourselve :D

eh... even you on confinement, i think your dh will still go and visit relatives ba... so the ang bao is cant save one *sob sob*

Lol can i say that my DH dont visit relatives one? Most of the time during CNY he working lor.. end up even first year visiting I went alone with MIL.. Feel so bored T_T..

lolz you also got spoiled by the company :D :D you company also good leh cover maternity

ya lorz...those were the days... now cover 80% compared to last time its 100%... spoil hor...

but then they dun cover my MTPT stay, I only knew last min, so admission day I told TMC reception I will downgrade to single room instead of suite... they are so kind, they let me have the suite...

Yes I agree with @PTB7674 , the nurses at suite level are top notched...

Wah your company so nice!!! I have to pay for everything lor.. so I chose a 4-bedder for #1.. and my neighbour was so noisy! Grr..

Ecym, next time u update the table, trouble u to update my bb gender as boy. Thanks! The 14.5 wks scan actually can see the pee pee clearly already, my hubby was so pleased n went "yeah that's my boy!"... *roll eyes* So embarrassing.

Wow your company benefits is very good!

Lol can i say that my DH dont visit relatives one? Most of the time during CNY he working lor.. end up even first year visiting I went alone with MIL.. Feel so bored T_T..

good for you... my DH will have to do his rounds himself....

hope i got the correct list

\ 22 | Bbcripps | 21-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Kowa | MEH | 1 | Tg Rhu
\ 26 | GetawayJunkie | 23-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 1 | Clementi, Bt Batok
\ 30 | ecym | 31-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 2 | Expo
\ 31 | Piggypong | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Lawrence Ang | TMC | 2 | TPY
\ 32 | Xicloudix | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Tan TC | KKH | 3 | Tampines
\ 33 | linlin | 5-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Fong Yang | MAH | 2 | Jurong West
\ 34 | Blumiz | 8-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 1 | Sengkang

Oops I think this list my name is missing... Let me add it in again :p

\ 22 | Bbcripps | 21-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Kowa | MEH | 1 | Tg Rhu
\ 30 | yingzz | 29-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Paul Tseng | TMC | 2 | Bt Panjang
\ 31 | ecym | 31-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 2 | Expo
\ 32 | Piggypong | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Lawrence Ang | TMC | 2 | TPY
\ 33 | Xicloudix | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Tan TC | KKH | 3 | Tampines
\ 34 | linlin | 5-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Fong Yang | MAH | 2 | Jurong West
\ 35 | Blumiz | 8-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 1 | Sengkang

Back