Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

I need some advice here. I'm down with fever, flu and sore throat. I know cannot take cooling stuff during first trimester. What are things I can eat to alleviate the heaty symptoms?

Are cough drops ok?

I need some advice here. I'm down with fever, flu and sore throat. I know cannot take cooling stuff during first trimester. What are things I can eat to alleviate the heaty symptoms?

Are cough drops ok?
go see a GP, tell the dr you are preggy and he will prescribed preg-ok medicine... try not to self medicate... though mild paracetomol and the small yellow flu tab are ok...

Are cough drops ok?

Don't anyhow take any medicine and cough drops... Best you should go to GP and inform them you are pregnant too...

sometimes you just need to rest more in 1st trimester... so if dr asked you if you want mc, just take it... and go home and rest... you may not need to take the medicine

Are cough drops ok?

You can use salt water to gaugle every morning and night for sore throat. Fever you can sponge yourself with towel and drink lots of water. That's what the nurses taught me and gynae refused to give me any med despite I kept asking as I was very early in my pregnancy and it scared the hell out of me that time. Hope you get well soon.

I get to know from my friend about 十三太保 and I ask my husband to buy.. To stabilize the pregnancy in first tri.. After drinking, don't have so much aching feel in the lower ab...

Dr give me a scan copy.. Just now I am also very nervous .. I ask the dr .. Got see heart beat? He look at the screen and ask me.. "What do u think?" When I see the fluttering of the heart beat again.. I am so relieved...

Which gynae u seeing?

Ya.. He is .. Heard from ginger that he is not bad.. But I am pondering whether to switch to dr Loh in Thomson. Anyway will review again after my first tri is over.

Is the dr you are thinking of switching to good? Pro natural birth?

Ya.. He is .. Heard from ginger that he is not bad.. But I am pondering whether to switch to dr Loh in Thomson. Anyway will review again after my first tri is over.

Is the dr you are thinking of switching to good? Pro natural birth?

I'm currently under Dr Matthew Lau.. Last tue the nurse asking me whether to stay with him or I want to choose dr... So I say to stay with him since he doing my IVF..
Maybe after first tri over first then decide.... Heard Dr KT Tan is good but she have cool n bad attitude problem.. Also heard Dr CK Khoo also good too...

Yes my next scan is on 22nd aug too..

I saw both babies today. One sleep and the other waving his or her limbs . Hahaha so cute.

Dr Jerry is suggesting c sect early feb for me as my first one also c sect

Congrats... Twin wor..

Hi ladies, I had my 1st scan yesterday and saw my baby's heartbeat!

Btw, I have been coughing and take manuka honey with lemon, but doesn't seems to work for me. Went to my gynae yesterday and he prescribed procodin syrup, but I felt so drowsy after few minutes. Do you know if this syrup is too strong during pregnancy?

Hi ladies, I had my 1st scan yesterday and saw my baby's heartbeat!

Btw, I have been coughing and take manuka honey with lemon, but doesn't seems to work for me. Went to my gynae yesterday and he prescribed procodin syrup, but I felt so drowsy after few minutes. Do you know if this syrup is too strong during pregnancy?

Your first scan at which week?
If is prescribed by gynae shld be no problem..

Congrats on seeing heartbeat NgYL. You must have heaved a sigh of relief upon seeing heartbeat. If you don't feel well after taking the med better stop and let your gynae know.

I was coughing badly when I had my first but gynae didn't want to give any med. she said cough syrup no use one. Told me to drink more water and use salt water to gaugle. The kind of cough syrup my GP gave me was for kids so didn't work also. I coughed for almost the entire first trim.

Now 2nd BFP also coughing :(

It's my 6th week now... I'm scared because I suddenly woke up at 5am and started shivering uncontrollably for an hour.

Wow on 6weeks you able to see your bb heartbeat... My cannot find only see the SAC...
If you have this feeling mean the medicine is too strong for you.. Stop take it and Go back to your gynae and inform her...

Congrats on seeing heartbeat NgYL. You must have heaved a sigh of relief upon seeing heartbeat. If you don't feel well after taking the med better stop and let your gynae know.

I was coughing badly when I had my first but gynae didn't want to give any med. she said cough syrup no use one. Told me to drink more water and use salt water to gaugle. The kind of cough syrup my GP gave me was for kids so didn't work also. I coughed for almost the entire first trim.

Now 2nd BFP also coughing :(
Wow on 6weeks you able to see your bb heartbeat... My cannot find only see the SAC...
If you have this feeling mean the medicine is too strong for you.. Stop take it and Go back to your gynae and inform her...
U know it's so difficult to contact the gynae at KKH, unless you have appointment with them and my next appointment is 19 Aug. Do you know if it's normal to shiver at night? I tried to Google but can't find any answer to this.

Pupnui, don't think so much first. Wait for your next scan on 5 Aug. I know it's easier to say than do, but please stay relax!

U know it's so difficult to contact the gynae at KKH, unless you have appointment with them and my next appointment is 19 Aug. Do you know if it's normal to shiver at night? I tried to Google but can't find any answer to this.

Pupnui, don't think so much first. Wait for your next scan on 5 Aug. I know it's easier to say than do, but please stay relax!

@NgYL.. Is not normall to shiver at night as this medicine is too strong for you.. Last time b4 I was preg I was sick and GP give a strong medicine which I don't know and end up shiver almost whole day.. went back again to same GP and he said is too strong for me and change to less strong one which I feel better...
You better stop taking that medicine as will harm your bb... If you cannot get the gynae go to normal GP or KKH 24hrs clinic to see doc...

Btw... who is your gynae in KKH?

Last edited:
Ladies.. Yesterday I have such a bad gastric and nausea that I find it so difficult to eat my meals. After trying out several ways, I discover that by drinking yakult, my gastric and stomach is so much better.. If you all have similar problem as me, no harm to try..

@NgYL.. Is not normall to shiver at night as this medicine is too strong for you.. Last time b4 I was preg I was sick and GP give a strong medicine which I don't know and end up shiver almost whole day.. went back again to same GP and he said is too strong for me and change to less strong one which I feel better...
You better stop taking that medicine as will harm your bb... If you cannot get the gynae go to normal GP or KKH 24hrs clinic to see doc...

Btw... who is your gynae in KKH?
Thanks Pupnui. My gynae is Dr Tan HH. He doesn't reply emails

Was shivering the whole day on sat but better since yesterday. Still coughing though because I dare not take the procodin syrup. Taking Manuka Honey now, hopefully the cough will stop.

Was shivering the whole day on sat but better since yesterday. Still coughing though because I dare not take the procodin syrup. Taking Manuka Honey now, hopefully the cough will stop.

Good to hear.. If u still not feeling gd go n see any gp..

Hi @Hope42014, we can also take low-fat yoghurt too. Yakult is also my favorite, but I haven't drank since I get pregnant as I'm not sure how often I can drink. Glad that u r feeling better now!

You need to drink more water and sleep too.. Our body should be able to repair itself when sleeping..

Hi @Hope42014, we can also take low-fat yoghurt too. Yakult is also my favorite, but I haven't drank since I get pregnant as I'm not sure how often I can drink. Glad that u r feeling better now!
I wanted to take yogurt.. But my Tcm has mention sometime before that I have damp body condition so need to cut dairy product.. So I am trying to seek a balance.. Thought yakult is smaller in size and full of probiotic .. Will be better for me..

Are you also feeling totally exhausted these few weeks? I have been dreaming every night.. Soooo... Tire....

Now I am trying to make achar... Have the craving to eat preserve veggies...

I am week 8 plus now. Always feel tired when I get home. Falling asleep when i watch TV. Still feeling nauseas which gets worse in each week... My sense of smell is stronger now.. Feel very nauseas when I smell the food in food court :/

I am week 8 plus now. Always feel tired when I get home. Falling asleep when i watch TV. Still feeling nauseas which gets worse in each week... My sense of smell is stronger now.. Feel very nauseas when I smell the food in food court :/

Oohhh and you are only in your week 8... the MS will get worse... you are warned... :p

I wanted to take yogurt.. But my Tcm has mention sometime before that I have damp body condition so need to cut dairy product.. So I am trying to seek a balance.. Thought yakult is smaller in size and full of probiotic .. Will be better for me..

Are you also feeling totally exhausted these few weeks? I have been dreaming every night.. Soooo... Tire....

Now I am trying to make achar... Have the craving to eat preserve veggies...

@Hope42014 please hor, try not to buy TCM off the shelves ... i see already I very worried... yes it may be an ancient concoction but I still feel it is better to get TCM prescription from a sinseh...

Congrats @NgYL & @ginger28 !!!

Thanks for your concern.. My thought is always to play safe and take anything to save my baby..

Today gone to my private gynea for intralipid infusion.. And do a scan at the same time.. This time round, I hear the heart beat of baby! Dr even let me record the sound.. So thrill!!!

Things are moving so fast.. Next week I am to take blood for oscar test, 3 wks later for oscar scan. Hope all be well else I need to take harmony test Liao.. Scare..

Have you all decided where to deliver? I think I will switch to Tmc at wk 16.. Take their package.

Back