2nd time UTI during pregnancy

PTB7674

for some reason i am prone to UTI during pregnancy and i got it 2x within 15wks of pregnancy
the Urine culture showed a strong bacteria (recurring) is resistant to most antibiotic .. hence need to take jab but this drug is not tested for pregnancy on human only on rat ...haiz

anyone has similar experience, what did you do to prevent? simply cant afford to always take jab ( in terms of pregnancy dun think it is good for baby and in terms of cost this drug is not cheap)

Don't take drugs u will heal naturally too. But u have to tahan la.

Drink lots of cranberry juice or any juice which is very high in vitamin C.

It may be the environment too, so don't wear g-strings / thongs for a while. I always get it after I wore it. 囧

My gp says wear skirts to air ur down there too... maybe too warm n moist down there so it kind of cultivate a good environment for the bacteria to grow...

If you already tested positive for bacteria please take your medication n antibiotics, don't treat it yourself because it's very dangerous if it spreads to the baby n can lead to pre term labour. Understand that it's disheartening to have to take drugs that might not be safe. You might want to avoid sweet food n sex for the moment. Before I was pregnant I realize sweet food always triggered uti n made worst by sex. Also drink lots of cranberry juice. Hope u get better!

If you already tested positive for bacteria please take your medication n antibiotics, don't treat it yourself because it's very dangerous if it spreads to the baby n can lead to pre term labour. Understand that it's disheartening to have to take drugs that might not be safe. You might want to avoid sweet food n sex for the moment. Before I was pregnant I realize sweet food always triggered uti n made worst by sex. Also drink lots of cranberry juice. Hope u get better!
Thanks of course will be taking mediation no point risking the bb and my kidney .. But wan to prevent so asking around any solution

Ah cos starlights say not to take drugs and to heal naturally. But from my experience I think once infection sets in no choice have to take antibiotics unless the infection is not very severe. But I can understand the frustration. I also am prone to UTI and it normally comes in "seasons". You will get better from here, hang in there :)

Yea can understand the frustration. I also am prone to UTI and it normally comes in "seasons". You will get better from here, hang in there :)
Thanks ... The funny thing is prior to pregnancy I dun get uti except once more than 10 years ago so kindly of hard to explain why now so prone to it

Ah cos starlights say not to take drugs and to heal naturally. But from my experience I think once infection sets in no choice have to take antibiotics unless the infection is not very severe. But I can understand the frustration. I also am prone to UTI and it normally comes in "seasons". You will get better from here, hang in there :)
What I said I'd say is more for preventive measures in future.

If it's an ongoing condition, best is still to ask doc, n if I'm not pregnant I would avoid taking med ma.
Sometimes when it's coming back there r subtle signs isn't it. I will feel funny down there...then the annoying burning sensations will come... n the symptoms will be further aggravated if I don't do something (dont wear gstrings).

Hmm but how come urs will come in seasons?

Thanks ... The funny thing is prior to pregnancy I dun get uti except once more than 10 years ago so kindly of hard to explain why now so prone to it

I think it's because our immune system is much weaker during pregnancy plus baby pressing on the bladder makes it harder to empty fully. Can try leaning forward when u urinate so the bladder can empty completely.

What I said I'd say is more for preventive measures in future.

If it's an ongoing condition, best is still to ask doc, n if I'm not pregnant I would avoid taking med ma.
Sometimes when it's coming back there r subtle signs isn't it. I will feel funny down there...then the annoying burning sensations will come... n the symptoms will be further aggravated if I don't do something (dont wear gstrings).

Hmm but how come urs will come in seasons?

Ya I get what u mean by the funny sensations. If I feel it I will have to quickly do preventative measures like u mentioned. I find drinking this satchet called citravescent (to alkalize the urine) quite useful if it's early stage. Unfortunately there was once I tried to self medicate n delayed seeing the doc n ended up having blood in my urine n the doc scolded me saying that UTI wouldn't go away by itself if it's a bad infection hence learnt my lesson. I think it depends on your body too, maybe when stressed harder for the body to clear naturally.

I normally get it in seasons whereby if I get it once, I m prone to get it a second time again pretty quickly but I can also go for long periods without getting one.. So guess it's our immune system ba

I also got low immunity too. Sigh.
When the UTI happens or when I feel it's coming, I will make sure I drink 1 litre of juice in a day...my simplistic thinking for building up immunity.

Same goes for other common sickness like flu/sore throat etc.

At times I just feel we can't really afford to fall sick cos even the Gp fees r getting more expensive now.
i rather pay $2.70 for 1 litre peelFresh over $40 for GP. Lol kiasu aunty mindset.

I also got low immunity too. Sigh.
When the UTI happens or when I feel it's coming, I will make sure I drink 1 litre of juice in a day...my simplistic thinking for building up immunity.

Same goes for other common sickness like flu/sore throat etc.

At times I just feel we can't really afford to fall sick cos even the Gp fees r getting more expensive now.
i rather pay $2.70 for 1 litre peelFresh over $40 for GP. Lol kiasu aunty mindset.
Ya it's true that medical fees are getting more expensive. I also don't like the feeling of taking antibiotics, makes my stomach feel very uncomfortable :( so I will also try to prevent if I can..

I was plagued with uti and yeast infection throughout my pregnancy. Even got hospitalized twice over uti. Took the antibodies which my gynae gave. No more uti after I delivered my child. Somehow it only happened when I was pregnant.

Back