Any MC twin mummy here ?

Hi, I am MCDA twins mummy. I followed up at KKH previously, but now transferred to NUH. My EDD at 15 Oct 14. How's your pregnancy reflet? Do you which agency can provide a good confinement nanny? Tks :)

My two babies weight are unbalance , follow up almost weekly , really worry a lot ! I have no idea about confinement nanny ,my mum will cook for me .

My two babies weight are unbalance , follow up almost weekly , really worry a lot ! I have no idea about confinement nanny ,my mum will cook for me .
Dear Elvadan, sorry to hear your babies wight are unbalance. I can understand your feeling. I am also worry about that...Currently, my babies are too small, so still don't know whether they would be balance. However, doctor also said there is high chance for babies to be unbalance. I only hope they can be safe....For our MC case, there are more pressure than normal pregnancy. Hence, we have to be strong and think positively which is only thing we can do for babies so far. Recently, I am reading Nick's book of Life Without Limitation, which make me feel more peaceful. So far, I am 14 weeks pregnancy, but my weight still keep on losing, and cannot have a good rest at night. My family is worrying about babies' nutrition...but nothing we can do.. i got serious problem on vomiting. Doc's medicine is not useful for my case. Hence, I encourage myself everyday... calm down.. everything is going to be better if I try my best to solve the problem one by one. Hope to hear good news from you soon. All the best.

Lucy

Dear Elvadan, sorry to hear your babies wight are unbalance. I can understand your feeling. I am also worry about that...Currently, my babies are too small, so still don't know whether they would be balance. However, doctor also said there is high chance for babies to be unbalance. I only hope they can be safe....For our MC case, there are more pressure than normal pregnancy. Hence, we have to be strong and think positively which is only thing we can do for babies so far. Recently, I am reading Nick's book of Life Without Limitation, which make me feel more peaceful. So far, I am 14 weeks pregnancy, but my weight still keep on losing, and cannot have a good rest at night. My family is worrying about babies' nutrition...but nothing we can do.. i got serious problem on vomiting. Doc's medicine is not useful for my case. Hence, I encourage myself everyday... calm down.. everything is going to be better if I try my best to solve the problem one by one. Hope to hear good news from you soon. All the best.

Lucy
Lucy , thank you for understanding my condition , I had my last check up on 10/04/14, the bigger baby having slightly big heart ( over loaded blood flow ), and the small one under wight about 35% than usual . They suspect me having TTTS ( twin to twin transfusion syndrome ) , I was scheduled another ultrasound this week urgently to double confirm .
I knew I need to be positive , I knew that I could not help anything but trust god . However, I was headache about my working colleague and my supervisor . I tried to continue to work so that I won't think too much at home , and also boring as I stay alone . But they can't give me light duty , and always feel I am eating sneak always by sit down most of the time . ( by the way , I am staff nurse working at TTSH).
Nobody seems understand my situation , because pregnant is common in hospital ( we all female staff ), and they make me feel very tired to deal with everyday .

Lucy
Lucy , don't worry about yr morning sickness now ,will be stop by 16week , our vomiting is worse than usual due to two babies and more hormone changes . The level of HCG in my body is much higher , so that you will be quite difficult at this moment . I cannot even take MRT at that stage . Try to take more fruit , and maternity milk for nutrition. If yr family can cook for you , take more soup .

Lucy , thank you for understanding my condition , I had my last check up on 10/04/14, the bigger baby having slightly big heart ( over loaded blood flow ), and the small one under wight about 35% than usual . They suspect me having TTTS ( twin to twin transfusion syndrome ) , I was scheduled another ultrasound this week urgently to double confirm .
I knew I need to be positive , I knew that I could not help anything but trust god . However, I was headache about my working colleague and my supervisor . I tried to continue to work so that I won't think too much at home , and also boring as I stay alone . But they can't give me light duty , and always feel I am eating sneak always by sit down most of the time . ( by the way , I am staff nurse working at TTSH).
Nobody seems understand my situation , because pregnant is common in hospital ( we all female staff ), and they make me feel very tired to deal with everyday .

Dear Elvadan, I feel so so sorry to hear your babies were suspected to have problem on TTTS. My doctor also said there are approximately 15%- 20% of MC twins may meet the problem of TTTS especially during the period of 16 weeks and 22 weeks. I really can understand your feeling and your fear. Actually, everyday I hope TTTS won't happen to any MC twins... I asked several doctors already is there anything we can do to reduce the risk of TTTS or avoid it happen to us.... Their answer is the same.. there is nothing you can do.. except to keep a positive attitude. I know it's easy to say, and tough to do now. I know now you may can not sleep very well everyday and feel so helplessness. I got the same feeling.. As at the beginning, my doctor said I am high chance of MCMA case, which is more risky than MCDA.... I felt so sad and tried to read some medical reports to get solution and different doctors to guide me how to change the circumstance.... However, whatever what we do, there is nothing can be changed... Eventually, only the positive attitude may help babies to overcome the problems. If you would like to seek second doctor's opinion, you may can try my doctor (link is his profile http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=1055870). Besides, I also know John Tee is very good doctor in KK as well, but his appointment is not easy to get. Dear, try to deep breath and calm down to think two cute babies with you now. Then, you need have faith in the possibilities of better life for you and your babies.

In terms of works, I really can understand you. I am doing financial work. At the beginning, some of my colleagues are also don't understand me. Then, I decided I have to take leave at home as I really cannot handle work now. I told myself it's just a work. The worst case for work is resignation, which means nothing comparing with babies. Sometimes, we really cannot change the circumstance, but we can change the way to see it. To be yourself, if they are not your friends, don't worry about it. You have two wonderful babies with you. Let's protect our babies together. Hope to hear good news from you! All the best.

Lucy

I was followed up by twin clinic in KKH , referred by my gyne, that make me feel less mental support when facing problem .firstly , the MO who runs the clinic don't give HL unless admitted. When I ask why I am not follow up by consultant since I paid private rate . their answer is " twin clinic all under sub , but special case they will discuss with their senior if needs " . Secondly , my gyne says twin clinic dr is better than him when problem arise . I wonder how my gyne going to deliver for me if he never meet me in clinic after first consultation. But it's troublesome also to change hospital and change dr now .
I always been positive after I become a Christian . When I first know I had twins , I appreciate god for loving me so much , let me enjoy this double joy and happiness. I keep on telling myself I couldn't help anything at this stage of life while facing difficult , but god have best plan for me and two angels , the plan is great and grand , so much better than I myself imagination .
I pray and talk to babies everyday , to be strong and healthy , god love us and I love them ! Will pray for you , to have a safe pregnancy and healthy babies !

I was followed up by twin clinic in KKH , referred by my gyne, that make me feel less mental support when facing problem .firstly , the MO who runs the clinic don't give HL unless admitted. When I ask why I am not follow up by consultant since I paid private rate . their answer is " twin clinic all under sub , but special case they will discuss with their senior if needs " . Secondly , my gyne says twin clinic dr is better than him when problem arise . I wonder how my gyne going to deliver for me if he never meet me in clinic after first consultation. But it's troublesome also to change hospital and change dr now .
I always been positive after I become a Christian . When I first know I had twins , I appreciate god for loving me so much , let me enjoy this double joy and happiness. I keep on telling myself I couldn't help anything at this stage of life while facing difficult , but god have best plan for me and two angels , the plan is great and grand , so much better than I myself imagination .
I pray and talk to babies everyday , to be strong and healthy , god love us and I love them ! Will pray for you , to have a safe pregnancy and healthy babies !

Thanks for your blessing! I also hope you and your babies to have a wonderful journey. Within journey, you are healthy, safe and happy!! Although I am not Christian, I do believe it's good to have faith in God and let him to guide us to the bright future. Today, I read a book, a simple sentence share with you:" Do your best, God will take care the rest."

At the beginning, I was followed up by Twins Clinic in KKH as well. Their management system is as what you said, " twin clinic all under sub , but special case they will discuss with their senior if needs ". At that time, I also have the concern that when they think the situation getting worse and need to report to senior, is it too late..? and we didn't have communication with senior before... it would make me feel not safe. Then, I tried several private hospitals to consult better solution, and finally a very kind doctor helped me to write a referring letter to my current doctor. Finally, after comparison, my family decide to change the hospital. But, it wast a lot of money as NUH don't recognize the report from KKH even NT test result. However, I agreed with you, for your case, now it's better to follow up with KK twins clinic. Maybe you can consider to change your gyne. When I was in KK, my gyne meet me every time after I did scan or test in twins clinic. Btw, my doctor friend told me, the doctors from the department of mental and fetal are more suitable for our MCDA case. Hope it could be useful information for you.

Tomorrow is public holiday, enjoy your time with family :)

Thanks for your blessing! I also hope you and your babies to have a wonderful journey. Within journey, you are healthy, safe and happy!! Although I am not Christian, I do believe it's good to have faith in God and let him to guide us to the bright future. Today, I read a book, a simple sentence share with you:" Do your best, God will take care the rest."

At the beginning, I was followed up by Twins Clinic in KKH as well. Their management system is as what you said, " twin clinic all under sub , but special case they will discuss with their senior if needs ". At that time, I also have the concern that when they think the situation getting worse and need to report to senior, is it too late..? and we didn't have communication with senior before... it would make me feel not safe. Then, I tried several private hospitals to consult better solution, and finally a very kind doctor helped me to write a referring letter to my current doctor. Finally, after comparison, my family decide to change the hospital. But, it wast a lot of money as NUH don't recognize the report from KKH even NT test result. However, I agreed with you, for your case, now it's better to follow up with KK twins clinic. Maybe you can consider to change your gyne. When I was in KK, my gyne meet me every time after I did scan or test in twins clinic. Btw, my doctor friend told me, the doctors from the department of mental and fetal are more suitable for our MCDA case. Hope it could be useful information for you.

Tomorrow is public holiday, enjoy your time with family :)
dear Lucy : thank you for share with me these few days , and I felt much released after I aspirated to you about my concern and my fear . You are so kind to listen all my rubbish . I am heading to Baby market at expo , hope to get more cute cute things for my girls ! Wish you have a wonderful long weekend too !

Hello. I'm having MCDA twins as well. Edd 16 October. Seeing gynae at kkh. The first time when the gynae told me is high risk pregnancy I was very worried. I came back home to read more on TTTS and got even more worried when I saw some photos on big and small baby. Let's all stay positive, and I can't wait to see my babies in sept/oct.

I'm now in week 16. And did my first scan at the twin clinic yesterday. I am very very worried. Was told there is intermittent absent umbilical artery in one of the twins. I still don't really quite understand what this is. But the words that I can rub what the twin clinic doctor told is death. I cried on the spot. Then the doc requested another scan. I did. Result same. Was asked to go down again next wed to check again. I'm really very very worried. Anyone know about this intermittent absent umbilical artery? I really appreciate your advice.

I'm now in week 16. And did my first scan at the twin clinic yesterday. I am very very worried. Was told there is intermittent absent umbilical artery in one of the twins. I still don't really quite understand what this is. But the words that I can rub what the twin clinic doctor told is death. I cried on the spot. Then the doc requested another scan. I did. Result same. Was asked to go down again next wed to check again. I'm really very very worried. Anyone know about this intermittent absent umbilical artery? I really appreciate your advice.
do you read mandarin? Do you want to contact my handphone?

do you read mandarin? Do you want to contact my handphone?
ImageUploadedByForum1399091075.738967.jpg

this is what I search from internet , maybe you want to read for more info .

Thanks. If I'm right mine is type 3. I hope I can stay positive. Maybe my babies are strong. But I just cannot stop crying yesterday. And kept researching on google. Believe kkh spoke to me about worst scenario. I just hope that every scan I do going fwd is only improvement if not maintains.

I wanted to see June tan to let her explain to me the results. But she not around. I haven't seen her for very long. And honestly I'm not very comfortable with what the ADC doctor said abt the case. In week 16, the twins have the same length, weight of 115g and 117g respectively. I'm very curious to know when the intermittent absent umbilical artery has started. But believe no one can tell me since we noticed that during the first fetal growth scan. If assuming it has always been there, I should be glad that so far they are both growing well right? Well.. More like自我安慰

I wanted to see June tan to let her explain to me the results. But she not around. I haven't seen her for very long. And honestly I'm not very comfortable with what the ADC doctor said abt the case. In week 16, the twins have the same length, weight of 115g and 117g respectively. I'm very curious to know when the intermittent absent umbilical artery has started. But believe no one can tell me since we noticed that during the first fetal growth scan. If assuming it has always been there, I should be glad that so far they are both growing well right? Well.. More like自我安慰
dear linggy2, you are right ! Stay positive ! MC twin clinic also ever told me about boarder line result , even call Reg come down to explain to me the results and potential risk and so on , however , when I come to following check up , the results always shows improvements( even minor , but not worsen) . I believe when you talk to babies , they can hear and they feel the same as what you felt .You tell them all 3 of you need to be strong to hold on till wk 30-32 (at least ), then you can see them face to face .
The scan results may not be perfect as others, but we still be the lucky mother to have so wonderful babies in our life . Our pain paid for them to stay with us their whole life , that's still worth than anything . Don't ever lose yr hope on babies , they are strong as you , if you can hold on , then they will hold together with you .
By the way , has the dr tell about yr babies sex ? Mine are two girls ! I am already week 28, very tired to sleep , back acne and hardly walk . Always think of let them come out early to save me , but I believe I can hold longer to let them more healthier . Mom : more strong ! I am here to hear good new from you !

Thanks for the encouragement elvadan. I was told most likely girls. And I have the names for them already. I must see them face to face. The ADC doc told me minimum must dong till 7months. Come on babies, u can do it!!! At this point gender totally doesn't matter to me as long as they are healthy. All along I want boys but I don't care now!

Do MC twins have smooth pregnancy at all? Some times I was thinking y I kena all the low probabilities. Twins only account 3% of all pregnancies. Identical is only one third of all twins. And only 15-20% of identical twins have All these stupid things happening. Hiya....

Thanks for the encouragement elvadan. I was told most likely girls. And I have the names for them already. I must see them face to face. The ADC doc told me minimum must dong till 7months. Come on babies, u can do it!!! At this point gender totally doesn't matter to me as long as they are healthy. All along I want boys but I don't care now!

Do MC twins have smooth pregnancy at all? Some times I was thinking y I kena all the low probabilities. Twins only account 3% of all pregnancies. Identical is only one third of all twins. And only 15-20% of identical twins have All these stupid things happening. Hiya....

Dear Linggy2, my EDD is 15 Oct, which is only one day difference with yours. I really hope your situation are better now!!! We can feel your worries and your fear. It is really not easy for you to stay positive when doctors said there is risk to babies. However, we have no choice. We have to be brave and strong to protect them as they are the angles of us. From the fist day till now, you have done amazing job for babies. We believe that your babies know you are always fighting for them. So, they will also fight for themselves and for you. They will be fine soonest.

Actually, my husband's parents also wanna it could be boys. But, doc confirmed they are girls yesterday. I am very happy as long as they are healthy. I don't have very strong body, so that doc suggested me to stay at home, and stop work. For babies, I have to say goodbye to my career temporarily. Hope all of our babies can be healthy, strong, and happy!!

dear Lucy : thank you for share with me these few days , and I felt much released after I aspirated to you about my concern and my fear . You are so kind to listen all my rubbish . I am heading to Baby market at expo , hope to get more cute cute things for my girls ! Wish you have a wonderful long weekend too !

Dear Elvadan, hope everything is wonderful with you. Actually, that day I also went to expo, and purchased many things for babies.. so call first time to bring babies to shopping.

I am going to be wk 30, happy moment when I felt the fetal movement ( they really moved often this period). Also suffered a lot in body ache and back pain , never had a relax and wonderful sleep these days . When the day comes closer , start to have anxious in delivery . My gyne told me to prepare at wk 36( the best )book a date for c-section , which is end of June , my parents wanted me to wait till any sings of delivery , not agree for dr' a suggestion . I still cannot make decision about it .
I think instead of TTTS , I am having siugr, the weight differences of two girls always around 30%, I hope and pray they can hold longer inside and come out more healthier . In another hand , I really suffered body ache long enough , thinking to release myself and see babies early .

I am going to be wk 30, happy moment when I felt the fetal movement ( they really moved often this period). Also suffered a lot in body ache and back pain , never had a relax and wonderful sleep these days . When the day comes closer , start to have anxious in delivery . My gyne told me to prepare at wk 36( the best )book a date for c-section , which is end of June , my parents wanted me to wait till any sings of delivery , not agree for dr' a suggestion . I still cannot make decision about it .
I think instead of TTTS , I am having siugr, the weight differences of two girls always around 30%, I hope and pray they can hold longer inside and come out more healthier . In another hand , I really suffered body ache long enough , thinking to release myself and see babies early .

Dear Elvadan, I am so happy for you as you will delivery soon!!! Also, I feel so release when I know you don't have TTTS. YES!!! But, the difference weight also make me very worry about you and lovely babies... hope the situation will getting better within next few weeks. In terms of when is the best time to delivery MCDA twins, I also did some research as my doctor also suggested me to delivery around 36 weeks. I share some information below with you. I also asked doctor the same question, can I delivery till 40 weeks. But, he said it's depends on the situation from 36 weeks to 40 weeks. Someone can be safe, but for someone it can be very dangerous. Therefore, if we decide to delivery over 36 weeks, maybe we need to monitor babies very closely. I am still very exciting for you and your babies... I feel they will be very healthy, lovely and beautiful... when we feel back pain, we can deep breath to imagine our angels will kiss us :) All the best!!

When is the best time to give birth to twins if there have been no problems during the pregnancy?

Twins that each have their own placenta (dichorionic diamniotic or DCDA twins) have the lowest rate of serious health problems when they are born at around 38 weeks, compared with those born earlier or later than this. There have been large population-based studies that show the stillbirth rate of twins increases after 38–40 weeks. Current obstetric practice is to plan birth at around 38 weeks for DCDA twins, regardless of mode of birth.

Twins that share a placenta but have their own sac (monochorionic diamniotic or MCDA twins) have a higher rate of unexpected stillbirth after 32 weeks (estimates range from 1 to 4%) than twins that each have their own placenta (dichorionic twins). Earlier delivery at 36-37 weeks is often recommended even when everything appears to be going well.

Twins that share both a placenta and sac of amniotic fluid (monochorionic monoamniotic or MCMA twins) are much less common but have a much higher complication rate. Even if all is going well in these pregnancies, delivery is usually by caesarean
section by 34 weeks gestation.

Dear Lucy, I did my check up at 15/05, very happy about the findings : 1.75kg and 1.1kg, ( dr target at 2kg and above , they are getting closer) and my weight eventually go up to 65kg also .
Rest at home is better for both babies and you, you need to take care of yrself and babies ,try to eat more if yr appetite is back . No need to do a lot of walking besides normal walk at home . Another 6weeks more I can see my angles ! Excited whenever I image this , hope to hear good news from you also !

Dear Lucy, I did my check up at 15/05, very happy about the findings : 1.75kg and 1.1kg, ( dr target at 2kg and above , they are getting closer) and my weight eventually go up to 65kg also .
Rest at home is better for both babies and you, you need to take care of yrself and babies ,try to eat more if yr appetite is back . No need to do a lot of walking besides normal walk at home . Another 6weeks more I can see my angles ! Excited whenever I image this , hope to hear good news from you also !

Dear Elvadan, I am so happy for you!!!! I hope I also can go up to 65kg. Currently, I only have 54Kg, that's why my husband always try to force me to eat more to ensure babies' nutrition. But, the situation is also getting better, in the past of few weeks, my weight have increased from 52KG to 54KG:) I am so happy... it means the weight can be higher and higher... I did 18weeks scan last week, babies are healthy, doctor said what I need to do is only one thing which is rest more. :)

All the best to you and your angles!! Rest well, they are coming soon:)

Hi Hi,

I am a twin mummy edd on 3 Oct 2014. :) This is my second pregnancy. I have a son who is 4 years old this year. I must say, really salute to all mummies..;) pregnancy is not easy at any stage. For me, having twins is really a very joyful moment for the family. And its really very tiring for the mummy as well. :) Having leg cramps almost every middle of the night, gastric reflex which comes so early, so on and so for.

Just wondering, for twins delivery, do your gynece all recommend C-section? My gynec actually suggest me to opt for C - Section. My first delivery was Normal Delivery.

Thanks for all the reply in advance! :):)

Hi Hi,

I am a twin mummy edd on 3 Oct 2014. :) This is my second pregnancy. I have a son who is 4 years old this year. I must say, really salute to all mummies..;) pregnancy is not easy at any stage. For me, having twins is really a very joyful moment for the family. And its really very tiring for the mummy as well. :) Having leg cramps almost every middle of the night, gastric reflex which comes so early, so on and so for.

Just wondering, for twins delivery, do your gynece all recommend C-section? My gynec actually suggest me to opt for C - Section. My first delivery was Normal Delivery.

Thanks for all the reply in advance! :):)

Hi, my doctor said for most of our cases, they would like to recommend C-section, which is more safe for babies. :)

"frustrated about kkh system "
Last week I did my latest ultrasound in ADC at 29/05 in kkh . The ADC dr told me that weight differences between my twin are getting bigger , this period is dangerous for MC twins , because baby heart beat may suddenly disappear when there is not enough blood flow ( usually the smaller one ) , so that I need to observe fetal movement at home myself , if get lesser and lesser , come to delivery suit immediately . But when I ask how much chance to save small one if this really happened , the dr told me no fetal heart best means no more life , they will just try to save the other one .

This really made me angry , if the condition really that critical , why not admit me at hospital to observe ? If the consequence are not optimistic , why not suggest early delivery . Why do nothing now , and ask me to take all the responsibility my self at home . Then ADC dr answer me , MC twin deliver at week 34-36 usually, it's early still for now , and I can discuss with my private gyne for delivery details if I wants , but for now no need to addmision , what they says is only one of the possibility, may not happen. I answer her back that I don't want to hear something happened because it's too late to do, why cannot prevent it from happening ? Some more the dr rejected my request in asking HL , instead she ask me to take Ml or AL if I want to test early . ( in fact I am not working for a long period already , but her attitude made me more frustrated . Since she already predict dangerous consequence, and still say I can continue work , what's the logic?)

These i explained above is mainly background .I called central appt line at Friday ( next day after the ultrasound ) , wanted to see my gyna earlier , then he can arrange a early delivery if possible . Central appt customer service girl told me my gyna on conference leave two week time , my appt is already the earliest unless I change another dr if I don't want to wait . I ask them how to wait for delivery , nobody can predict this kind of thing , and who will responsibly for consequence if something happen when dr on leave ? Do you have another dr cover at this moment ? she cannot answer me , and she says she will get back to me after she check with my gyna's private assistant .

To be continue

Elvadan,I absolutely understand how u feel. Honestly ever after my first visit to ADC for the fetal growth scan in week 16, when the doc in duty told me only about death when One of the twin is having intermittent absence in umbilical cord blood flow. Her words made me cried the whole weekend. I called the central appointment for early appointment to see my gynae. The girl on the other end of the phone said if it is serious ADC would have called the gynae already. I was like huhhh based on what the doc told me it's damn serious leh. Apparently, the subsequent docs I have seen at ADC and my own gynae gave me much positive explanations of the results. I really wish to sue the first doc who gave me such negative comments!!!! Maybe this doc is the same as yours?

For your info, one of the docs told me if requires daily monitoring we will be admitted so that they can take action once they think it is safer for babies to be out of the womb. I strongly do not believe what your doc said!

Will be glad to get updates from u. Our babies are strong :)

I insisted to get a appointment at 06/06 last week , and also they arranged another consultant see me because my gyna on leave . The result of my ultrasound shows weight difference from 1.53kg and 2.44kg, discussion was made between MC clinic dr and consultant , decided to let me have a elective c-section this friday ,because the small baby may be more dangerous if wait longer .

I don't know how to describe my feelings at that moment . I blame my gyna why on leave at these two weeks,who will help me to deliver ? And if I don't insist to see another dr last week , am I able to wait till my original appointment which scheduled at 18/06? Anyway , I felt a part of release , at lease no need to worry and think too much negative thing , just pray for the best !

Received call again from my gyna's private assistant , asking me am I choose my gyna for operation , if so this Friday no more slot , earliest slot is following Monday at 16/06 in operating theatre . I am going to do another ultrasound tmr before operation , and get all my admission paper and blood test ready , maybe also need to meet anaesthetist .

Mummies , wait for my updates , will share more on operation and post-op babies' condition . All the best to me !

Hi gals, I am MCDA twin mom.. ^_^, I delivered my boys at 38w5d, thru scheduled c sect, was planning to wait till 40w, but I developed preeclampsia-look-like-symptom art week 38, doc advised to get them out in case i really developed preeclampsia during my 38w checkup, some more bb weight was very good already . My boys were born with 3,1kg and 2,9kg on October 2013. My number one was emergency c sect, so not to take risk of uterine rupture, we agreed for csect. But normal birth is visible.

At first, when we knew it was twins we scared of TTTS because it was MC, and some more we could not see the membrane that separate the twin till week 20 we glad that we saw the very fine line MCMA

Regards TTTS, I read that time , to avoid, we need to have high protein diet , and eat balanced diet (including vitamins) have to ensure we enuf of vitamin n nutrient. This was what I did, and it turned the weight of both is only diff 200gr.

Be positive is important ;) and be happy

Jia you monmies

Last edited:
Dear all. I am feeling so sad and frustrated. I don't know what to do.
I recently just past the 12w mark and went for the NT scan at NUH FCC.
1 twin's NT measurement was 1.6mm but the other twin was 3.6mm. My heart dropped when I saw the measurement.
The Dr reviewed my case and told me they would only give me the final statistic after my blood test is out.
Dr called today and said I have a risk of Down's syndrome 1:275 and I have decided to go for the amnio test 4 weeks later to get a definite yes/no.
I further asked Dr why is it possible for identical twins with the same DNA to have so different NT measurements (since if 1 twin has Down's syndrome, the other would have too).
She said there are research to suggest that it might be an early sign of TTTS and if it is, the outcome would not be good.

I just feel my future very bleak. It is like..... If not D.S, then it would be TTTS.

I'm an ivf patient and had tried numerous times with 2 early miscarriages and I thought I had finally hit lottery.
I'm feeling all negative now.
I was so glad that my terrible morning sickness was finally over, I could finally get some food down and I am finally enjoying my pregnancy. Then this bad bad bad news.

Sigh.....

Hi dear, as far as I know oscar is not accurate for twin. Please dun be sad. Be optimistic ya. Regards TTTS, perhaps you can try to take more protein and take more vitamin... I meant we at least can try, and let's pray. God will protect you and bbs

Hi lovely blue,
Thank you for your reply.
Just curious, how did you increase your protein intake? Did you take any protein shake or you increase your intake from food source?

I am now more calm. Since there is really nothing I can do, I can only hope for the best and keep the faith.

I'm just worried because TTTS is such a fatal issue. Even if the babies survive, they might be very premature and suffer from many illnesses. Sigh.

But for now, I will keep all these out of my mind. Come what may.....

Hi lovely blue,
Thank you for your reply.
Just curious, how did you increase your protein intake? Did you take any protein shake or you increase your intake from food source?

I am now more calm. Since there is really nothing I can do, I can only hope for the best and keep the faith.

I'm just worried because TTTS is such a fatal issue. Even if the babies survive, they might be very premature and suffer from many illnesses. Sigh.

But for now, I will keep all these out of my mind. Come what may.....

I took from food source, nuts, soya beans, tofu, fish...however i read some do take protein shake. Do ensure your vitamin is enuf, during my early stage of twin pregnancy, I do take double dose of vitamin, other reason I hardly eat well coz of nausea. However, u need to check ur vitamin some vitamin or mineral can not be exceeded. And do take healthy diet.
Ya, u must keep ur mind positive, I dun know if this helps, but everyday I will "talk" to placenta to distribute food evenly,to babies, and off course pray. You can try... :)

Back