Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Twinklelight u with prof too? He gives saizen??

Yeah, I only have 5 follicles so I think dr decides to give saizen. I didn't expect to be given saizen as it is my 1st ivf. It helps to improve egg quality. I have one compact embryo and one 12-cell embryo to transfer.

Both myself and my buddy bfp in our 1st ivf under dr stephen chew @ nuh chr

Yeah, I only have 5 follicles so I think dr decides to give saizen. I didn't expect to be given saizen as it is my 1st ivf. It helps to improve egg quality. I have one compact embryo and one 12-cell embryo to transfer.

Hi twinkle , did u have any obvious symptom during 2ww?

I have bloating which is especially bad in the evening after dinner time. Also insomnia for a few days. No really implantation spotting. When is your BT? I used hpts and tested positive as early on day 8 after transfer

Oh wow congrats. Hmm let me try asking for saizen next try! I wana improve my egg quality!

My Bt on coming Friday , I have no symptoms at all .

My insomnia may be caused by sleeping too much in day time. zzzzz

I also stayed at home during my 2ww and took my naps after my lunch meals so this may have caused slow digestion and bloating. Don't have much follicles so I did not have OHSS..

Some ladies have cramps but turn out to be menses cramp.. so no symptoms can be be a good thing. Baby dusts to you :)

Congrats Twinklelight!!!

Btw, we mommies are returning red eggs for good luck to all ttc sisters.
Venue: Zhu Sheng Niang Niang @ Lian Shan Shuang Lin temple Toa Payoh.
Time: tomorrow, Saturday, 26 June after 2pm.
Do come and collect for good luck! Jia you!!!

I got max grant and medisave so my cash upfront ard few hundreds .. All the best ya :)
Hi dear

I didn't know got grant for IVF.

I'm actually quite confused as to how to qualify for the grant. I know it's ex.

Do u need any referral n would there be any criteria to qualify for IVF?

I have been reading snippets here n there. Still confused :confused:

Thanks dearies.

From the list I qualify. But there's 1 part - its up to doc to assess if I meet the "clinicial requirements". Hmmm...
Come year end I might consider to visit doc for a consultation. (Now I got to rest my womb due to the mc...)

Meanwhile, jiayou mummy... :)

Thanks dearies.

From the list I qualify. But there's 1 part - its up to doc to assess if I meet the "clinicial requirements". Hmmm...
Come year end I might consider to visit doc for a consultation. (Now I got to rest my womb due to the mc...)

Meanwhile, jiayou mummy... :)
Ya girl, doc hv to validate there's fertility issues to qualify.. I just had a mc 1.5 mths bk too... Hugz.. But y do u wana consider ivf?

Thanks pinkfuchsia.

Erm I'm 31 ... abit stressed. Been trying for the past 3+ years but there's no positive results. I got a natural mc 2 years back. Then this time mc recently. Did d/c to clear the empty sac on 16jul. :(

I did the checks (in 2012) n i found i wasn't ovulating monthly. DH has low sperm count...maybe cos he smokes heavily.

So ya...so I would like to look for assistance to help me conceive....abit sian lo, been testing on test kits monthly but then there's nothing. Haiz...

N im also abit concerned about the quality of my eggs n his sperm too. :oops:

Thanks pinkfuchsia.

Erm I'm 31 ... abit stressed. Been trying for the past 3+ years but there's no positive results. I got a natural mc 2 years back. Then this time mc recently. Did d/c to clear the empty sac on 16jul. :(

I did the checks (in 2012) n i found i wasn't ovulating monthly. DH has low sperm count...maybe cos he smokes heavily.

So ya...so I would like to look for assistance to help me conceive....abit sian lo, been testing on test kits monthly but then there's nothing. Haiz...

N im also abit concerned about the quality of my eggs n his sperm too. :oops:
Consider tcm? I m seeing TSB also in hope for better quality eggs. 31 still hv time, I'm 35 Liao. Nt ovulating monthly? Pcos? Rest at least 2 cycles before u try. In the interim can go consult for ivf...

Consider tcm? I m seeing TSB also in hope for better quality eggs. 31 still hv time, I'm 35 Liao. Nt ovulating monthly? Pcos? Rest at least 2 cycles before u try. In the interim can go consult for ivf...
Lol thought of leh.. A ex-colleague also recommended her.
Hmmm been seeing the term PCOS but i dunno what this stands for. My gynae examined me in 2012, n i forgot wad she said then. I dunno if I falls under this category la. But my mense I think is sort of haywire cos I gets stressed easily.

*edit. My gynae gave a drug, to be taken on 2nd to 5th day of menses...if i remember correctly it's to induce the eggs...but I gave up after 3 packs. My mense so haywire, dunno how to gauge when's so called 2nd day etc. I can have heavy brownish spotting for consecutive 3 months leh. Hardly see the fresh blood. If my mense never come, then how to take. Lolll

My previous job of 4 years was a very stressful sales job. Only after CNY this year I changed to a new job, n im very relaxed in that role.

Also, my monkey business intensified bcos DH keeps flying frequently to China/Hk for work... n 3 days prior to his trip(s) i fed him veryyy full b4 he goes. Haha...
Maybe that's why I conceived...

Last edited:
Lol thought of leh.. A ex-colleague also recommended her.
Hmmm been seeing the term PCOS but i dunno what this stands for. My gynae examined me in 2012, n i forgot wad she said then. I dunno if I falls under this category la. But my mense I think is sort of haywire cos I gets stressed easily.

My previous job of 4 years was a very stressful sales job. Only after CNY this year I changed to a new job, n im very relaxed in that role.

Also, my monkey business intensified bcos DH keeps flying frequently to China/Hk for work... n 3 days prior to his trip(s) i fed him veryyy full b4 he goes. Haha...
Maybe that's why I conceived...
Go test to Chk for pcos, your dh can go for SA. But u did conceive twice naturally right? There's test to Chk for recurrent mc, hv u considered tat?

Go test to Chk for pcos, your dh can go for SA. But u did conceive twice naturally right? There's test to Chk for recurrent mc, hv u considered tat?
I will take note...n yup I did conceive, but shortlived happiness...

There's alot stuff I didn't know...n im reading this forum bit by bit to learn...lol..

I will check with a new gynae next time. My current doc at tmc, I just don't feel confident with her after e recent episode...

I will take note...n yup I did conceive, but shortlived happiness...

There's alot stuff I didn't know...n im reading this forum bit by bit to learn...lol..

I will check with a new gynae next time. My current doc at tmc, I just don't feel confident with her after e recent episode...
Then ya, investigate your mc since u can go natural. I learn from this forum too.. All the best ya! Let's jiayou!

Hi ladies..dropping by asking if anyone of you been given puregon instead for stimulation stage? You girls need to pay for the puregon pen refills needles or not? Or any other needles that need to be used..do you need to pay? TIA

Hi momo we are cycle buddy! me start stim 4 sep. Starting NE from 18 this month. How abt u?
Hi Acadia, I chicken out again...this is my 3rd time. Going to postpone to next month instead. Keep me posted how you are doing. All the best!

Hi Momo, nope, I was told to start nor-e on 18th this month till 30th. Have to take for 13 days like very long leh. How are u doing?
Yeah apparently we can take it from min 5 days onwards to 15 days depending on your cycle I think...I am doing well, trying to eat healthy and go for my Chinese tcm weekly to prep my body

Hi ladies, will be starting my nor-e on 17th of this month and stims on 31st. It's my first ivf and comforting to know I'm not alone in this :)

Hi Acadia!

Always nice to have a cycle buddy :)

Anything you are doing to prepare for this? I'm eating my folic acid and doing acupuncture twice a week. Also trying to eat egg whites but they are honestly not my favourite things...

Hi Acadia!

Anything you are doing to prepare for this? I'm eating my folic acid and doing acupuncture twice a week. Also trying to eat egg whites but they are honestly not my favourite things...

im thinking of starting acupuncture next week, haha abit last minute. tot of going to dr zhu ping in bt merah since closer to my office ....which tcm u go for yr acupuncture? Egg white is to only take when start stimulation right? I am taking vitamins supplement like vit C, vit B, prenatal, CoQ10, abit kiasu :p
have u told yr office abt yr ivf? I haven't inform them abt the 2 ww HL yet.

I go to Dr Qiu in Ang mo kio. A little far from my place but I like her personality and she waits for me if I end work late.

Have told my boss and teammates already. They have to cover me for the 2 weeks leave and once stims start I think chances are i will be coming in later on the mornings with scans and blood tests. They were very supportive. My boss just said it was not a problem and that this was more important than work. It's true. Family comes first.

Yes very blessed to have an understanding team and boss. I think you don't have to go into detail on the whole process when you talk to your boss. Maybe just say it's a "feminine issue" that you need an op for. Then they won't pile you with work during that period. Hope the conversation goes well!

Hi Acadia!

I am taking immunocal to replace the egg whites. You may want to try it.

Thanks for the reply peaches21. Nor e is an injection prior to the ivf injection?prof wong must give that before ivf start uhm.no exception?dreaded jabs..havent decide who to go for 2nd try yet.

Hey Connie, nor-e is just pills that you take about 8 to 15 days before you start the ivf. Not injection. You start taking twice daily from day 18 of your cycle and the nurses will tell you when to stop. You get your period around 5 days after you stop and then you start stims on day 3 of that cycle.

Hey Connie, nor-e is just pills that you take about 8 to 15 days before you start the ivf. Not injection. You start taking twice daily from day 18 of your cycle and the nurses will tell you when to stop. You get your period around 5 days after you stop and then you start stims on day 3 of that cycle.
Oic...any idea y prof prescribes this? For those on regular cycle,they need to take this too?

Not too sure. I think they prescribe it to everyone cos my cycle is quite regular too. Maybe it helps them time their patients better. I heard also it can help make the follicles grow more uniformly but not sure how true that is judging from my current folio of growth.

Not too sure. I think they prescribe it to everyone cos my cycle is quite regular too. Maybe it helps them time their patients better. I heard also it can help make the follicles grow more uniformly but not sure how true that is judging from my current folio of growth.
Hi peaches21,thank you for yr info! All e best for yr cycle!

Dr Stephen Chew from NUH also prescribed Nor-e for me before my IVF cycle. I took the nor-e without much side effects. They probably do this to time the ivf cycle. They also have to ensure that they do not schedule embryo retrieval/transfer on a Sunday after monitoring the follicles

hi,girls,i'm new here. i will star my cycle next month with prof pc wong,my AMH is 102,i think too high,mayb is PCOS,but prof said excellent.any one doin short protoco?from menses day 18 start NE,i never hear this protoco before,I fear that without a lot of follicle.

Hi ladies, i was supposed to go for my ivf with Prof Wong starting nor-e this month but we decided to give it one last try and hit jackpot. I am in my 7 weeks now though the crucial period is still not over yet until pass 1st trimester. We are very blessed and I hope I can spread my bb dust to all of you esp ladies that are going thru ivf which I know it is not easy physically and mentally. I have a box of immunocal and a big bag of Brazil nuts which I would like to give away. Collection is at Sengkang Mrt. Pls pm me if anyone of you is interested.
Spreading my bb dust to all of you ladies here! Don't give up Jia you!

Back