BB grow so fast... where to get cheap baby cloths?

skybee

I have tight budget. Anyone can recommend good place for cheap baby cloths? I am looking for 3months & above. Thanks.

You can go into the buy or sell or even the free section here in motherhood, always can find something there.

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

I know of a shop at toa payoh which sells very cheap and quite nice baby clothes.The shop's name is SONG & SONG it is near the Toa Payoh library

there is this shop in bugis oppo guan yin temple, they sell cheap bb clothes in bulk, min 6 pieces per design...
no signboard for this shop, it is tucked behind the public toilet.

I buy from the bugis shop too!

They are good for basic clothing, towels etc.

Before you head down there, do note that they don't follow retail hours since they are wholesalers.
happy.gif

hi ladies
can give any exact location details? the blk no.? which level? direct opp of the temple?
thanks in advance!! =)

Jess,

If you stand in front of the temple's main entrance (back facing the temple), you'll see a building with lots of shops selling dry goods/ chinese medicine on the ground floor.

The shop is the left-most corner unit on the ground floor.

I buy clothes for home wear (eg. plain coloured pants, mesh-fabric singlets) and towels (eg. face towels, hankies, bath towels).

I don't want to get your hopes up too high as variety is limited and more towards the basic range. But I like them as they are cheap and comfy cotton material suitable for our warm climate.
happy.gif

Hi jess, I have a couple of brand new soft and comfy rompers for infants to let go, can send the pics to you if you want.

PM me if interested ya.
happy.gif

Regarding the bugis shop that sells baby clothings, the last time i went, their selling price is the same as what others in Tiong Bahru market and the neighbourhood pasar malam is selling for. In fact, CK is even cheaper and the designs are nicer. So I really don't see the point in spending the time to go and search for the shop.

Recently, I had a friend who visited the shop to buy clothes for her 6 month old baby. She asked the shop owner to recommend clothes for a baby of that age. In the end, she bought 4 tops. As she had trusted the shop owner to know his products very well, she didn't take the new clothes out to compare against those clothes that her baby was outgrowing until she had washed it. The result, the new clothes were the same size as the ones about to be outgrown. When she went back to ask the owner about it, the owner said that perhaps her baby was fat. However, her baby's weight was only in the 25th percentile. So it's either the shop owner was dishonest or that he was incompetent.

So I would recommend mummies who are interested in getting basic clothes for their babies to first look around their neighbourhoods first.

the "want to sell" section is always good, else just pop by your neighbourhood "pasar malam" to get bb clothes at throwaway prices!

Jess,

If you stand in front of the temple's main entrance (back facing the temple), you'll see a building with lots of shops selling dry goods/ chinese medicine on the ground floor.

The shop is the left-most corner unit on the ground floor.

I buy clothes for home wear (eg. plain coloured pants, mesh-fabric singlets) and towels (eg. face towels, hankies, bath towels).

I don't want to get your hopes up too high as variety is limited and more towards the basic range. But I like them as they are cheap and comfy cotton material suitable for our warm climate.
happy.gif

Back