any 35 and above trying for their first?

Yeah I also find bbt too stressful. I stop after one cycle. Now I am using the cbfm to track ovulation. Using for last 4 months but still no news yet. Hopefully soon!

I stopped as well cos too stressful but when I c TSB I hv to track by her request. Only thing gd is TSB will circle days she wants us to bd :p

I''m turning 38 yrs old next mth. Old and first time mummy too. Pray everything will be fine. Btw, pregnant lady can drink Chinese medicine"BA ZHEN"or not? My mum always brew for me after my menses since young.

I''m turning 38 yrs old next mth. Old and first time mummy too. Pray everything will be fine. Btw, pregnant lady can drink Chinese medicine"BA ZHEN"or not? My mum always brew for me after my menses since young.

Better don't take TCM when preggy cos dunno the side effects girl.

I only take tcm fr TSB for the first 20wks. She did tell me dun take dang gui as it will cause bleeding. Other than that I dun hv special diet.

I am taking tcm medicine from Dr zou for my rashes now. She said it's safe for pregnant women so I hope it's true as I am in my 2WW now.

So far those sinsehs I've seen gave me medicine too during 2ww. I think it's ok to consume tcm but some herbs just need to be avoided. Oceandeep I'm sure Dr zou knows her stuff so you can take them with peace.

Hello! Been MIA for a while..hehehe, recently I saw a post in fb saying this couple tried few years but no good news despite trying a lot of ways, then the lady every morning drank ginger with red sugar empty stomach, it kinda works. So now I also try to drink that every morning before b/fast, and try very best to avoid cold drinks or spicy food.

We mommies are returning red eggs to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang at Lian Shan Shuang Lin temple Toa Payoh after 2 pm this Saturday, 26 July. Do come and collect the red eggs for good luck to all ttc sisters.

Please do not drink during 2 ww because ba zhen helps to cleanse your womb. You don't want to clean off your fertilized egg by accident! Drink after period finish and before ttc. Same thing for bai fong wan.

Sotong mummy, at least you managed to BFP! Congrats! Can I know how long did u TTC before your BFP?

Hi Sotong Mummy,

BFP is the acronym for Big Fat Positive. Essentially means one is preggie. BFN (big fat negative) means one failed the pregnancy test.
TTC stands for trying to conceive.
So that's why I asked how long you tried before you BFP:)

Hi Sotong Mummy,

BFP is the acronym for Big Fat Positive. Essentially means one is preggie. BFN (big fat negative) means one failed the pregnancy test.
TTC stands for trying to conceive.
So that's why I asked how long you tried before you BFP:)

Oic. Tried for 2 mths before BFP

@oceandeep78 : I reduce my intake of coffee and tea when trying and also tried to exercise more often. My hubby is very health conscious and he exercises frequently. Also, I didn't realise that the lubricant KY Jelly actually contains spermicide until I read about it and changed to another brand (Conceive Plus) during 2nd mth TTC. Also, it may sound stupid but I didnt wash myself after love making and held up my thigh and buttock for awhile :p Good luck to you!

Hi Sotong mummy,
Does that mean u still drink coffee during TTC? I tried to control but really sleepy at work so will still drink once a day. However, I don't take tea at all. In fact , my TCM doctor told me can still drink coffee but limit intake but try not to drink tea. Hmm what is conceive plus? Which brand? I took Blackmore conceive gold.
I also never wash up after that because too afraid of spillage. How long did you lift your buttock? I lifted for 15 mins then very tired already.

Coffee and tea are ok for ttc. Everything in moderation really. My ivf doc and sinseh told me my problem is not caffeine. Anyway i bfped before while on tea everyday.

I find there are always other reasons for infertility. Caffeine is not the culprit.

Hi Sotong mummy,
Does that mean u still drink coffee during TTC? I tried to control but really sleepy at work so will still drink once a day. However, I don't take tea at all. In fact , my TCM doctor told me can still drink coffee but limit intake but try not to drink tea. Hmm what is conceive plus? Which brand? I took Blackmore conceive gold.
I also never wash up after that because too afraid of spillage. How long did you lift your buttock? I lifted for 15 mins then very tired already.

Wow. You can tahan 15 mins of lifting??? I think me only about 2 mins :p . I don't really like coffee actually. In fact I drink more tea but reduced my intake during TTC.
I also took Blackmore Conceive Gold but the pills are too big and I only took 2.
Here's the lubricant Conceive Plus http://www.conceiveplus.com/. Jiayou this month! :)

I tried before half hr lifting butt. Very tiring. Worse part didn't bfp lol.

Thanks Sunbelle. No my job is not exactly stressful. My ivf doc told me likely egg quality due to age so hopefully the additional jab I'm getting for this ivf cycle will help.

Are you on natural ttc now?

Hi redvel, yes on natural TCC but now need to go remove the cyst in sept first. Now work wise busy so plan to settle finished the big project then go for lap to have proper rest. Haven't think thru whether wan to tell my boss or not cos dun really wan office people to know. think like jus take few days leave plus few days MC lor :)

I guess it's always a sensitive topic to talk about with those other than your closed ones. I did tell my boss about my ivf but as for the rest of my team, they only know I need surgery and HL. They didn't ask more which is good.

@oceandeep78 : I reduce my intake of coffee and tea when trying and also tried to exercise more often. My hubby is very health conscious and he exercises frequently. Also, I didn't realise that the lubricant KY Jelly actually contains spermicide until I read about it and changed to another brand (Conceive Plus) during 2nd mth TTC. Also, it may sound stupid but I didnt wash myself after love making and held up my thigh and buttock for awhile :p Good luck to you!

Hi Sotong mummy,

@Sotong Mummy & @oceandeep78 : I'm still take Coffee and Tea as usual with moderation with just a cup per day. :p. If I'm not wrong, conceive plus is another type of lubricant? Do correct my understanding... Haha... After BD, I will also lift up my buttock with a pillow and sleep through the night. Really hope it helps. However, whenever I go to toilet the next day, I still can feel leakage... Just hope those 'soldiers' are fast swimmers. LOLX.

Hi Redvel, is good that your collegues are those not kapo type. Cos u no need to explain so much. Jia you! :)

Another sperm friendly lubricant is preseed.. abt $38 for one box. comes with applicator but usually we just apply straight on dont use applicator.

Oceandeep a virtual hug to you. It's so tough...we will be stronger the next round ok.

Yes when I fail one cycle, I go buy or eat something I like. Because I deserve it :)

Thanks starstar.

Chance upon this thread few days back. I m 38 this year, married for 12 years .
Went thru 1 iui n 1 so iui before embarked on ivf journey. Saddest part was we went thru 6 cycles before bfp but happy for 8 weeks n mc. This year bfp on our 8th try w twins but lost one Beanie at wk7. now at wk23 having princess n counting down to See her soon.
It's a tough journey for us as we See our own brother n sil get preggy easily n yet we struggle like hell. My parents encourage us go for ivf wherelse my in laws had no idea wat we went thru at all, except the last mc then they know we are gg thru ivf but no idea how much money we spent n how emotionally tired we were.
But it was thru all these ups n Downs tat makes our marriage stronger than before.
I hope all ladies here will get their dream comes true n b persistent pursuing ur rainbow dream.
I m glad my parents n dh are there for me if not I really no idea how I went thru so many tries n disappointment.

Thanks for sharing your story dolly. I take my hats off...8x is a lot of emotion roller coasters. For us this is our last fresh (2nd). We will move on to other "purpose" in life if this doesn't work.

Your story will be a great encouragement to others. I wish you great months ahead and it's such an awesome feeling having to welcome your precious princess soon.

Back