Mummies staying Punggol, Sengkang / Hougang

hi mommies,

I started this thread as i found there are quite a num of mommies ard this area. All welcome, SAHM or FTWM..

So do feel free to join in as to make friends/Sharing/Exchanging Items etc...
maybe can even organize for kids.

Hi all I'm a new SAHM with #1 in Primary 3 and #2 on the way. I've never been a SAHM and struggling to find anything meaningful and useful to do.

Hi ladies, I currently a Home Economics teacher but would like to stop teaching in school. I love to teach and would like to conduct small cookery sessions in my home. I would like to impart my skills to moms who are starting to be SAHM but are insecure in the kitchen. If you would like to join in my cookery lessons, do drop me a line. I can plan simple home cooked dishes that you can learn and share with your family. I'm still new to this idea and would like to find out if anyone out there would be interested if I hold these classes.
Do PM me if you are. I would be keen to share my skills with you.

Hi i am a SAHM. My boy will be going to P1 next year at Horizon Pri and my gal will be K2 next year at PCF.
I am looking for preloved good condition P1 textbooks and boy's uniform (petite to average build).
If any mummy willing to bless or for a small token, really appreciate if you could PM me?

I have been SAHM since I was preggy with my gal, so already 5yrs...
Been wanting to try to get back to work circle but just could not find a good way to settle my kids for these past years. And hubby also not supportive me going back to work as he do not prefer my kids to go to childcare centres.

At last my older one is going to P1 next year and thought of enrolling him to the school student care centre there, but the centre only accept kids with working mummy only.
So is unless i get a job first but i am stuck on how should i settle my kids.

In these days, not easy to have only single income in a family, especially still need to spend on insurance for each family member which my hubby is doing this with his only income.
I also don dare to think how to save for retirement age if I am going to maintain such status.

Hi all mummies,

I'm a PTWM to my 2.5yrs old son. I'm staying in Hougang.

Why don't we start a fb group so we can comment and stay in touch with each other?

Moko there is fb group already? whats your email addy and I try see if can add you in?

ycfern, maybe you can work part time or look for some flexible hours work? yeah single income is really not easy. as for insurance I say cover the essentials and dun over commit. I see many people did not cover the essentials and yet bought other policies instead.. I am a life planner myself by the way. but then I say its also worth staying home for kids especially when you have hubby's support.

Hi ycfern, I have a P1 gal studying in Nan Chiau Pri. I heard that the syllabus of some of the textbooks will be changed next year, so its best to double check when you have the book list. If my gal's books are in good condition, i dun mind passing it to you. I left my gal in student care too and i would say that its good cos the teachers there actually teaches my gal's her homework (they would be the best person to teach as they are more updated with MOE syllabus).

Hi, I am currently a sahm with a 5yo and 3yo. Now staying in punggol but moving to sengkang, anchorvale next yr.

Hi apple79,

Yes i did tot of part time jobs but then my kids currently is going for 4hrs class daily only. So in fact my timing also quite limited for PT jobs as I can only spare 3.5hrs max per day.
and then when my elder is in P1, my gal would still be in K2 (4hrs class).
So i don see myself able to start on any flexi time/PT jobs with such limited hours.
Only one can go for is fast food restaurants but really pay/hr is not attractive at all.

And the thing about the student care in Horizon pri is that they only accept students with FTWM :(

Hi HeachachePhy,

I agree with you!
I wanna to train my kids to be independent if he gets into the student care.
They will learn to bathe themselves,follow to the teacher's timetable as in when to do their homework,nap, playtime.
My kids are too used under my care and i probably had been too relax with them as in i do not ask them to follow a daily timetable. They always tell me "Later" whenever i ask them to do some school work revision or assessment books.

I think syllabus for next year Chinese probably would change as reported in the news not too long ago.
As for the rest, yes probably had to wait till the orientation day in mid Nov then i get to know what are the textbooks..
Thanks for offering to bless your gal's textbooks.I will PM you to liaise with you from there:)

Hi All,

I am FTWM with 3 kids - 12, 9 and 7. Seems, like I'm the oldest mum here.

Hi ycfern, may I know which student care your child goes to? If not convenient can PM me?

Cheers

Hi pavilion8612,
my kid is not eligible to enrol into the student care ctr at Horizon pri as i am not a FTWM.
Your kids are in primary school in punggol area?

Hi HeachachePhy, may I know which student care your child goes to? If not convenient can PM me?

Hi ycfern, sorry meant to send to HeachachePhy. My kids are studying at Greendale. I'm looking for a better student care.

Cheers

Hi all,

I am a FTWM in Sengkang, my only son is going to Primary One next year, planning to put him in student care.

Keen to know more friends who stay in the area, share information, activities, events, places to bring kids to, etc.

Hi I'm a ptwm and my twins are going sec 1 next year. 1 had a place in katong convent and the other had to wait for PSLE results cos couldn't get a place in DSA. Now frantically looking for sec 1 textbooks cos really can't afford 2 sets of books and uniforms

Hi, I'm a FTWM and I have a 21 mths old girl. Currently residing in Pasir Ris but will be shifting to Hougang next year. Would love to know more mummy friends in the area! :) Kindly add me into your fb group. Thanks!

Hi mummies,

I m urgently looking for a bbsitter to look after my 3month old baby. If u hv anyone to recommend, please pm me with the contact number.

I m staying at buangkok mrt area.

Hello ladies,

Happy to find this thread. I stay at seng kang. I have two kids, 4yo and another one is 14m. I would like to join the fb group too.

Hi ladies, I currently a Home Economics teacher but would like to stop teaching in school. I love to teach and would like to conduct small cookery sessions in my home. I would like to impart my skills to moms who are starting to be SAHM but are insecure in the kitchen. If you would like to join in my cookery lessons, do drop me a line. I can plan simple home cooked dishes that you can learn and share with your family. I'm still new to this idea and would like to find out if anyone out there would be interested if I hold these classes.
Do PM me if you are. I would be keen to share my skills with you.

How much will you be charging?

Hi Mummies,
I intend to shift to Sengkang end of this year, but now wondering is there any good student care nearby? Can anyone intro?
I will be shifting him back, so will be in Pri 2 next year. The school i am looking at, do not have any student care as it is near to my house.

Hi all, i'm a FTWM staying at Punggol. I have 2 kids at 6 yr old boy & 15 yr old ger. Read through the thread and realized alot mummies looking for student care in north-east area. But most student care in these areas are in the primary schools itself. No private operating student cares around. Anyone knows of any at Punggol area?.

Hi Mummies,
I am a working mom staying around Compassvale Lane area.
Anyone has recommendation for After School care service (Primary 1) for areas around Sengkang Primary School?
We just went for P1 orientation in school on 08Nov, only to find out the school vacancies operated by school is fully taken up even before the orientation date. (bad communication I guess) But I badly need a student care for my gal, I think the school ends at 1.30p.

Hi. Are any of your child interested in cupcakes making session at Punggol 21 CC? I have accidentally booked another class for my girl on the same day/same time slot and thinking of giving up this slot to another child who is keen. The cupcake making session is currently fully booked and the CC do not keep a waiting list. Please PM me if keen.

Kidz Can Bake! X'Mas Cupcakes Bake & Deco (5-12 years old)
26 Nov 2014, 3-5 pm
$30 (Another $12 materials fees to be paid directly to trainer.)

Back