1- can anyone share if you are taking prednisolone / steroids during pregnancy?

hopeful_mum

hi i have recurrent miscarriages and went for many tests. all came out negative including NK cells. but i was told to take prednisolone for precaution measures in case some NK cells are undetectable at this age of science. but i m very concern if it will affect my little one. i just tested positive and is in very early pregnancy. as i had so many miscarriages, this pregnancy is very impt.

so im in a dilemma, i don't know if i should take it or not. dr did share with me the cons - possible gest. diabetics, smaller baby at birth or premature birth.

can anyone share if u are currently taking it, or have taken it during pregnancy?

Hi hopeful_mum,

My family has a history of autoimmunity and the gynae did say if my blood test comes back positive for antibodies against the baby I would have to be on it. I read on some babycenter forums that there are some mums taking it. Maybe u would like to take a look? Could your doc put u on baby aspirin instead of prednisolone? I read that some mums was put on a low dose of asprin to prevent miscarriage. Basically both drugs will suppress the immune system but prednisolone is alot stronger. Good luck and how have u been doing?

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a11711795/anyone_pregnant_and_taking_prednisolone

Hi hopeful_mum,

My family has a history of autoimmunity and the gynae did say if my blood test comes back positive for antibodies against the baby I would have to be on it. I read on some babycenter forums that there are some mums taking it. Maybe u would like to take a look? Could your doc put u on baby aspirin instead of prednisolone? I read that some mums was put on a low dose of asprin to prevent miscarriage. Basically both drugs will suppress the immune system but prednisolone is alot stronger. Good luck and how have u been doing?

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a11711795/anyone_pregnant_and_taking_prednisolone
thanks for replying yes I did google. their dosage is generally higher in UK abt 25mg. im on both baby aspirin and prednisolone.
im currently on a much lower dosage on 10mg so I just take. thanks for ur kind help!

You are welcome! Hope you and baby are doing great! jiayou! :) 10mg is really quite a low dose of prednisolone so dont worry! How many weeks are u along?

You are welcome! Hope you and baby are doing great! jiayou! :) 10mg is really quite a low dose of prednisolone so dont worry! How many weeks are u along?
Thanks babe for checking on me. I'm only abt 6w. So far okay. Waiting for another scan on mon to check the viability.

hi, haha I have been taking it for many weeks already. already stopped at 16 or 18w.
now im 22weeks ;)

so far so good baby still good size.

Back