Any comments on 'The Learning Lab' @ United Square

Hi Rose,
Thanks for sharing, I agree with you their TLL Junior classes are very good and I'm happy with how my DS is progressing. My DS has been attending since last Aug, and he's been pestering my helper to bring him early for classes. His teachers have also been contacting me quite regularly to update me on his progress, as they know I'm working and very busy. He just started his Chinese classes about three weeks ago, my hubby and I decided that TLL shall be his one-stop for all three subjects. Much easier for me. So far so good, class size is pretty small for now so his teacher's able to give him quite a lot of attention. Materials look good too, i'm really bad in Mandarin myself, but i can tell there's a TLL signature style to it. I'm still monitoring, will give you more feedback as time goes on. There is no need to take the placement test for Chinese though, the teacher did an assessment of his proficiency on his first day of class. I hope this helps!

Hi,

I am in a dilemma now. There is a vacancy for TLL near my place ( no admission test required )but I am undecided whether to put my P6 girl there.

She was previously from another enrichment class but I withdrew her as she had not shown improvement.

She usually has a low A for composition but paper 2, she always has a B. She went for a holiday class at TLL and she said that the teaching there is better than her school teacher. I am considering whether to put her there as I am very impressed with the curriculum and notes given. She doesn't want as she says she will have a lot of work in the next few months before PSLE.

Should I put her in TLL?

Hi

Still considering whether to put my P1 at TLL. Can any mummies share with me your experiences on lower primary English? Heard the materials are quite chim.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, my P6 boy was with TLL in P1 and three terms of P2. I do not know if the standard has changed. I'd say it was a very enriching programme. The children were exposed to wide range of topics in the worksheets which were tough but interesting. My boy surprised me regularly with words/phrases that were not expected from children aged 7 or 8. I pulled him out due to distance (Novena was the only branch in P1, and, in P2, Mountbatten's timings were not suitable), rising fees and stagnant grades. On hind sight, I would say that TLL has a part in laying a fairly solid foundation for him.

Hi Csb

Thanks v much for sharing.

My P1 is rather weak in comprehension. Not sure therefore if TLL is suitable for him. Heard that it is good for those with already good foundation. But others said they will teach them how to infer. So still hesitating. Sigh.

When u mentioned stagnant grades, u mean u don see any improvement in his school grades even after attending?

Hi babyjj, referring to stagnant grades, you are right. His grades did not improve. I can't remember much about their comprehension teaching now. But compre (open and cloze) is one section that my boy loses marks now. The rest of Paper 2 is usually relatively easy for him.

Do remember that my experience is rather dated and I haven't kept in touch with TLL's teaching all this time. If you know comprehension is his weakness, you may wish to get a tutor to teach just this.

Back