Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

erm... no... its only helps stuff nose... for nausea maybe u can try peppermint oil i think

Hi MTB here..
Can I check whether if scan on ard week 6 can see the pea of baby??
I done my first scan today at KKH. The AMC scan only found one SAC. After scan I see doctor for review n doctor advise that by this time shld be able to see a pea of baby but my only can see the water bag.. So asked him what happen n he advise that maybe Possibilities could be slow grow or worst is failed pregnancy.. Now the doctor ask me to go back two week later to scan again n see.. Haiz.. Don't know what to do now.. Really sianz 1/2...

Pupnui, do u know exactly which week which day u r at now? If it's only beginning of week 6, then it could be too early to see. But if it's end of week 6, usually should be able to see yolk sac n fetal pole (baby).

Pupnui, do u know exactly which week which day u r at now? If it's only beginning of week 6, then it could be too early to see. But if it's end of week 6, usually should be able to see yolk sac n fetal pole (baby).

Not quite sure... My LMP is on 1st June.. Done my ET on 20th June and BT on 7th July... Shld be beginning of Week 6 ba....
Got to know a lady from IVF too and she BFP early than me for few days... She scanned last fri and able to see the pea of baby with heartbeat...

Hi MTB here..
I done my first scan today at KKH. The AMC scan only found one SAC. After scan I see doctor for review n doctor advise that by this time shld be able to see a pea of baby but my only can see the water bag.. So asked him what happen n he advise that maybe Possibilities could be slow grow or worst is failed pregnancy.. Now the doctor ask me to go back two week later to scan again n see.. Haiz.. Don't know what to do now.. Really sianz 1/2...
Stay positive pupnui! Heard from friends that it might be too early to scan on week 6. Most of them actually went for 1st scan on week 8 or 9.

Stay positive pupnui! Heard from friends that it might be too early to scan on week 6. Most of them actually went for 1st scan on week 8 or 9.

@NgYL... For natural pregnancy can go their first scan at week 8 onwards but for IVF is different...
Some even can see liao on week 6...

Pupnui, I know it's easier said than done but stay positive, beginning of 6 wks can be too early, perhaps if u cannot tahan the 2 weeks wait, u can go to a pte gynae one week later to check on the development. There are many cases where baby's growth is abit slower in the beginning but they do catch up by 8-10 weeks. Wish u all the best!

Pupnui, I know it's easier said than done but stay positive, beginning of 6 wks can be too early, perhaps if u cannot tahan the 2 weeks wait, u can go to a pte gynae one week later to check on the development. There are many cases where baby's growth is abit slower in the beginning but they do catch up by 8-10 weeks. Wish u all the best!

Will try to tahan and wait for 2 weeks ba... don't want later have hope become no..... :(

@NgYL... For natural pregnancy can go their first scan at week 8 onwards but for IVF is different...
Some even can see liao on week 6...
不要先自己吓自己! Just tell yourself everything will be alright! Why don't you take another blood test to see your HCG Level?

加油!I'm having my 1st scan this Friday. Is the scan transvaginal or transabdominal? Heard that the nurses at AMC are very rough?!

First will do fm tummy scan to try whether can detect a not.. If cannot then will follow by vaginal scan.. But she will ask u to pee first then go in again.. No leh.. The lady who did for me quite gentle like the pregnant lady in ivf we go for scanning..

First will do fm tummy scan to try whether can detect a not.. If cannot then will follow by vaginal scan.. But she will ask u to pee first then go in again.. No leh.. The lady who did for me quite gentle like the pregnant lady in ivf we go for scanning..
Ok thanks!

2 x a day.. .it only a bit .. yesterday evening once and today once.. I am trying to point to that uterus is expanding so there is tear.. or I work too hard these 2 days and strain myself.. maybe I write a mail to my dr, see what is his opinion..

2 x a day.. .it only a bit .. yesterday evening once and today once.. I am trying to point to that uterus is expanding so there is tear.. or I work too hard these 2 days and strain myself.. maybe I write a mail to my dr, see what is his opinion..
Yes pls write to yr Dr... Early preg very unstable... Be more Cautious abt every spotting and cramping...

I think best u go 24hr clinic to check the best.. Don't wait to long.. This is to play safe..

Can I check whether should I go for 2nd dr's opinions next week to scan and see whether is growing or just leave it and wait till 5th Aug to check again.. Can't sleep last night and keep thinking of it...

Can I check whether should I go for 2nd dr's opinions next week to scan and see whether is growing or just leave it and wait till 5th Aug to check again.. Can't sleep last night and keep thinking of it...

Erm I think I will ... else you might not able to sleep well for these two weeks..but pls make sure you are ready to face whatever outcome...

I will seek 2nd opinion.. But just that if it is not growing first and 2nd dr will says the same thing.

Hi MTB here..
Pupnui, I read somewhere Week 6 sometimes cannot find the pea. Weeks 8-10 would be better. Dun worry. Get some more supplies of dydrogesterone or pregnancy support medicine first. Keep well and positive!

I had my scan at KKH ytd. Tummy scan could not see anything, then vaginal scan searching high and low for the pea. Quite long search. Pretty uncomfortable coz do so long. Can't see much. Just one tiny black dot and it was dated 5.4 weeks. Most likely a singleton. Saw 50mm ovarian cysts too. Omg.

I have a question here: I had transferred two embryos. If one implanted, what could have happened to the second one?

I had my scan at KKH ytd. Tummy scan could not see anything, then vaginal scan searching high and low for the pea. Quite long search. Pretty uncomfortable coz do so long. Can't see much. Just one tiny black dot and it was dated 5.4 weeks. Most likely a singleton. Saw ovarian cysts too. Omg.

I have a question here: I had transferred two embryos. If one implanted, what could have happened to the second one?

I did my scan yesterday too and find quite long for 2nd embryos too...
Not quite sure what happen to second one... I forgot to ask the dr yesterday... did you ask dr yesterday what happen to second one?

I had my scan at KKH ytd. Tummy scan could not see anything, then vaginal scan searching high and low for the pea. Quite long search. Pretty uncomfortable coz do so long. Can't see much. Just one tiny black dot and it was dated 5.4 weeks. Most likely a singleton. Saw 50mm ovarian cysts too. Omg.

Congrats! 2nd one will just be left inside.. It's not really critical since it will turn into dead cells. 5.4wk might not see fetal pole.. When will be your next scan?

Not quite sure what happen to second one... I forgot to ask the dr yesterday... did you ask dr yesterday what happen to second one?

tthe sonographer has to make sure, the 2nd embyro is not implanted elsewhere like the tubes...precautionary measures..

I just took my 2nd blood test. Hope all goes well. Next week is my first scan.

Pupnui, sometimes it's too early to detect fetal pole. Don't worry yourself too much.

@twinklight yes my first trimester is with Prof PC Wong

Did my 1st scan after FET yesterday & the sonographer says that there is 2sacs & should b twins! I think this news caught me by surprise & I really dunno how to react... My first thought is.... How m I gg to take care of two?!!! Plus for twins, chances of early due is high n I calculated n it might brought forward to CNY period instead of March.

So with confinement lady for CNY + not a lot of CL wants to take care of twins... All the charges + maid... Really dunno if we can manage.... Suppose to b a happy news but I think I wasn't prepared to receive this news n now left me dumbfounded....
I know I can't complain but it's really the stress of ensuring I have sufficient help to care for 2..... Somehow feeling helpless.....guess I need some time to digest this happy news

Did my 1st scan after FET yesterday & the sonographer says that there is 2sacs & should b twins! I think this news caught me by surprise & I really dunno how to react... My first thought is.... How m I gg to take care of two?!!! Plus for twins, chances of early due is high n I calculated n it might brought forward to CNY period instead of March.

So with confinement lady for CNY + not a lot of CL wants to take care of twins... All the charges + maid... Really dunno if we can manage.... Suppose to b a happy news but I think I wasn't prepared to receive this news n now left me dumbfounded....
I know I can't complain but it's really the stress of ensuring I have sufficient help to care for 2..... Somehow feeling helpless.....guess I need some time to digest this happy news

Congrats!!!!

one step at a time... dun think so far ahead first... the path will be brightened as you get nearer... there are a lot more to think even for the first trimester...

@ecym tks... But dunno y could it b overly paranoid & feeling down in fact

Though I'm at NUH, I might transfer to kkh as they r more comprehensive in Neo-natal care...just in case pre-mature

Anyone have any recommendation for gd CL who can take care twins pls let me know....

I will try to stay positive....too much thoughts in my mind now

@ecym tks... But dunno y could it b overly paranoid & feeling down in fact

Though I'm at NUH, I might transfer to kkh as they r more comprehensive in Neo-natal care...just in case pre-mature

Anyone have any recommendation for gd CL who can take care twins pls let me know....

I will try to stay positive....too much thoughts in my mind now

you dun have to trf to KKH so early... after detailed scan, you still have time to trf to KKH or at least register your preggy with them and have a open date so that they wont shut you out...

Congrats... don't think so much... As wat @ecym say one step at a time... For me how I wish is twin so can close shop liao... But I think I'm having singleton.

Last edited:

Congrats!! Twins! One time can close shop Liao! I wanted to have 3 kids.. But it take so long for me to have this, don't think my dream can be fulfilled.

Have you thought have getting your mum to help .. Plus having the maid.. I think it will reduce a lot of cost.. I already plan to get mum help as my timing is around cny, cl is ex.. Else.. My hubby just need to be a bit xin gu.. Do everything himself.. And my mum will just cook for me..

Congrats @cutesmurf. i did once worry abt carrying twins as i am quite petite frame. . but look on bright side that dun need to endure another round of jabs to conceive next child via ivf.

I'm sure your family members will love to help taking care of your twins! dun worry too much on confinement lady issues yet.

Most likely didn't implant or implantation not successful. But first time find Dr. Lau funny. He was joking with me I still have frozen eggs can do more implantation. I told him dun joke like that leh, hopefully this pregnancy goes on smoothly.

Congrats! 2nd one will just be left inside.. It's not really critical since it will turn into dead cells. 5.4wk might not see fetal pole.. When will be your next scan?
Thanks! Coz my doc kept asked me any bleeding a few times. I didn't really think abt it then but I started wondering when I got home. I had a sharp abdominal pain on the right side on the day of my BT and it was concluded as a follicle rupture inside the ovary thru a scan. Also found ovarian cysts during the scan ytd. They had grown from 30mm to 50mm. The two scans were 11 days apart. I asked the doc but he told me will reduce after trimester 1 so I decide not to worry abt it. My next scan is one month later, late Aug.

What bothers me is why doc asked me any bleeding a few times, and kept reminding to watch out for bleeding. Wondering what is the underlying threat? Maybe I think too much. Lol...

Thanks! Coz my doc kept asked me any bleeding a few times. I didn't really think abt it then but I started wondering when I got home. I had a sharp abdominal pain on the right side on the day of my BT and it was concluded as a follicle rupture inside the ovary thru a scan. Also found ovarian cysts during the scan ytd. They had grown from 30mm to 50mm. The two scans were 11 days apart. I asked the doc but he told me will reduce after trimester 1 so I decide not to worry abt it. My next scan is one month later, late Aug.

What bothers me is why doc asked me any bleeding a few times, and kept reminding to watch out for bleeding. Wondering what is the underlying threat? Maybe I think too much. Lol...

bleeding may mean your body does not produce enough progesterone to support your pregnancy so dr will up your progesterone medicine... bleeding may also mean miscarriage is impending so really have to watch out for bleeding and cramps during the first trimester...

Last edited:

bleeding may mean your body does not produce enough progesterone to support your pregnancy so dr will up your progesterone medicine... bleeding may also mean miscarriage is impending so really have to watch out for bleeding and cramps during the first trimester...
Oh... I do get quite a bit of cramps, and doc gave me more dydrogesterone. I will try to be more careful then.

Back