(2015/02) Feb 2015 mummies

I'm 33.. 3rd one also super tired.. age really makes a difference. Linlin11, my Edd is 9th, surely cross cny. Is cl charging a lot,?

During CNY, confirm super high. heard some saying at least $3k above. I might get my MIL help me as she did my 1st confinment. Is this your first preggy? FOr my nos 1, she came out 1 week earlier. so i guess for my nos. 2, maybe will be earlier too.

During CNY, confirm super high. heard some saying at least $3k above. I might get my MIL help me as she did my 1st confinment. Is this your first preggy? FOr my nos 1, she came out 1 week earlier. so i guess for my nos. 2, maybe will be earlier too.
My 3rd.. Yah yah my 2 kids also came out 3 weeks earlier! Haha

I agree it is not worth that y i am thinking what to do for this confinement as this will be my last. My first baby, i didn get a CL, i do everything myself. The second one, i have a CL, can see that my health and the quanlity of milk is much better. for this and the last, want to do a good one. But like you say it is not worth it to spend so much on the CL.

u need not to stress ..or the milk supply wont kick in... for my experience, the milk flow will be oversupply in two months time..

I have my family member to cook the confinement food... i could see my health is better too without CL for my 2 previous pregnancy.. lol...

depend on each own's preference .. there is not a must to get CL...

Hi, can add me to the fb grp: [email protected]

This is 1st pregnancy, edd 20 feb
Feel bloated, tired all the time... but peppermint tea is my remedy.
Did my first v scan @ 5wks and really excited to be able to see the heart beat.
Will be going back to gynae this sat for my 2nd scan. Hope all is good :)

HiHi
i have added u into the FB group via Email. Pls check your email and click on the invitation link.
thks

Hi all, I'm a first time mummy currently in my 11 weeks! I'll be heading for the Oscar test coming thurs, my gynae did the booking though!

Please add me on the facebook group too, [email protected].
Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Haha for me I prefer a cl as the lady can look after the baby at night. But will check out agency or thomson most likely. Cheaper...

For me I want to get a CL from morn till evening. Any idea what the charges? than my mil can focus my elder ger while cl focus me n bb...

Any mummies expecting twins?
Hi ginger28, me!!!! Supposed I joined the march group but for twins I might b February now.... I just got the news yest n now kinda paranoid cos I duni if I can manage... Supposed to feel happy but turned out to b even stressful.

Also for confinement lady, u need to look for those who dun mind to take care twins but will b extra charges... I think I'm too paranoid at this time

Hey all, are the EDD's confirmed? I heard it may keep changing.. why arh? =\

I went to tk a scan last wed and it shows 7wk0day and EDD is 4 March. Going for another next week.. see how it goes :p

Hi ladies,
Just wondering if you have this metalic, uncomfortable taste in your mouth? Anybody know how to combat this? Thanks

Hi ladies, last Thursday I went for my second appointment with my gyne at Raffles Hospital. During the scan a cyst/tumour was spotted in my left Fallopian tube. It's never there during all the previous scans. My Gyne said it's an endometriosis and was asked whether was I under any fertility treatment and I said no. This got me lil worried about my growing baby. I hope there'll be no complication. Has anyone encountered such issue of even known of any? I'm just 26 and does my age has anything to do with the cyst? Any mummies has any view on this can share

Last edited:
Hi all

Just to share, I just bought clarins stretch marks cream at chinatown. Selling at 55 dollar cheaper than strawberry website and airport

Hello, anyone taking Harmony test? my gynae offering it at $1,400 (no GST)... read some other forums and I think KKH is slightly cheaper at $1,200 (subjected to additional GST of $84)... Will it be weird if I were to go KKH just for the test? Who will be in charge of analysing the results for me?

Hi, first time mummy here! :)

Actually what is the main job of a CL? My EDD is 28th Feb (clash with CNY) so my hubby is thinking of getting my mil to do it for me... but I'm worried it'll be too tough on her, end up I might not have sufficient rest... Food wise heard can get tingkat? Thanks!!

Hi cordonbleu, is your doctor Dr Kenneth E. Lee from Mount Alvernia? If yes, we have the same Gynae, he quoted me $2k of harmony test!!

Actually what is the main job of a CL? My EDD is 28th Feb (clash with CNY) so my hubby is thinking of getting my mil to do it for me... but I'm worried it'll be too tough on her, end up I might not have sufficient rest... Food wise heard can get tingkat? Thanks!!
Hi Sparky86, to me the most impt role of the cl is to take care of the bb at night. When I was a first time mum, I felt overwhelmed by the number of times I have to wake up at night. It really helps to have a cl ard so that you can rest. 休息是为走更长远的路! Haha

Hi, the main job of a CL is to take care of you and the baby, esp the baby.

When i have my first child, my mil do the confinement for mi but she is not very familar with a NB, so on the day i discharge from the hop, i have to bath her myself with some help frm hubby despite mi doing c-sec. i do not have enough rest and the quality of milk is poor. my second baby, i hire a CL, you can really feel the difference, i have alot more rest cause the CL takes care of the baby most of the time. my quality and quantity of milk is better as well... Of coz the food, can order tingkat but is the taking care n not having enough rest. I strongly believe that you have to do a good confinement, this is better for the long run for the mummy and your next child. your body is better, your second child will be good as well.....

Hi all,

Sparky86,
My Edd is the same as yours, 28 Feb 2015. this is my second pregnancy and I would also strongly recommend u to get a CL ( unless your Mil is really very experienced with handling a newborn). But to get a good CL is really luck. During my first born, I engaged this CL through the recommendation from a friend. However, she does not really know how to handle a newborn as well as how to handle breastmilk (I was not able to latch and did pumping most of the time but she cannot even help me with storage of my milk ). Not sure is it coz most mummies will direct latch but I feel that as a CL you should know how to handle stored bm. So in the end after 1 week i cannot tahan and send her back. luckily managed to find another one and the second one was so much better (even though I feel they still do not really know how to handle bm). For a first time mum, it is very important to rest well during confinement, imagine I was so frustrated when CL cannot make it.

As for confinement tingkat, I feel that it will never be as good as getting someone who can cook confinement food for you everyday on the spot.

Btw, I have tried to pm belle_mummy but no response. can someone help to add me into the fb group? My email is [email protected]

Hi ladies, last Thursday I went for my second appointment with my gyne at Raffles Hospital. During the scan a cyst/tumour was spotted in my left Fallopian tube. It's never there during all the previous scans. My Gyne said it's an endometriosis and was asked whether was I under any fertility treatment and I said no. This got me lil worried about my growing baby. I hope there'll be no complication. Has anyone encountered such issue of even known of any? I'm just 26 and does my age has anything to do with the cyst? Any mummies has any view on this can share
I had it during my 1st pregnancy... gynea said ignore it... it might just disappear... n indeed.. is gone...

I had it during my 1st pregnancy... gynea said ignore it... it might just disappear... n indeed.. is gone...

Geee.... Thanks dear . Feeling lil relief. My Gyne Dr Watt said if it grows she'll look into it if there's a cesarean procedure taken place. Thanks Juniicorn

I thought it is 5 mths.. But if you want to know the gender, you can take blood test on wk 11..

Anybody start to schedule for oscar or harmony test?

Back