(2014/08) August 2014

Congratulations to all the mummies who popped! I'm sure this thread will be active with all the newborn tips soon!

My EDD is 22nd August and I can't wait for Bb to come out now... Difficulty in sleeping, walking and everything I do...

Intend to take ML on 15th but now I changed to 4th instead... Think need more rest....

Can't wait for all the pictures of the Aug Bb!

Congratulations to all the mummies who popped! I'm sure this thread will be active with all the newborn tips soon!

My EDD is 22nd August and I can't wait for Bb to come out now... Difficulty in sleeping, walking and everything I do...

Intend to take ML on 15th but now I changed to 4th instead... Think need more rest....

Can't wait for all the pictures of the Aug Bb!
Me too. My edd is on 20th and wanted to stsrt on 15th initially but gave up and changed to the 4th. Its getting so tiring with all the backache and swollen feet. I feel like a whale now

Had my gynae appt ytd, baby alr 3 kg at 36 wk. Gng to have CTG next thur. Really hope to have contraction next week so that I have higher chance of natural delivery. Otherwise will need to go for c-sect as baby will be too big.

Wow! Congrats! pink yan.
shirleyten have a smooth delivery.

Hi to all,

din get a chance to introduce myself.
my edd is 08082014.
so I am waiting now.
this is #1 so I have no experience of what to expect.
baby is moving with very big movement. is this BH?
my naughty baby loves activity at about 12 am when I sleep. is this normal?

hi Nat-Nat:

same due date as me....
my #1 baby too:)

mine likes to move before i slept at night...that is normal...it means our baby are active:)
i plan for natural, so now it is the waiting game...how abt you?

Had my gynae appt ytd, baby alr 3 kg at 36 wk. Gng to have CTG next thur. Really hope to have contraction next week so that I have higher chance of natural delivery. Otherwise will need to go for c-sect as baby will be too big.
Your gynae never give you option to induce baby?

Thanks all..

I think 36 weeks cannot induce yet ba.. full term is 37. And by then if no sign of labor I believe u will be induced if ur cervix is ready.

I tot 3kg at 36W sounds alright. coz usually bb weight will slow down closer to delivery, usually put on ard 0.1kg per wk. so 37-38W probably still less than 3.5kg ba, can try induce instead of csect?

Hi mummies, any body under dr wong heng fok n will be deliverin at parkway east hosp? My edd is 17-18 aug but if csect will be on 8 aug..nw i am ard 35wks old.. last chk bb was ard 2.8kg. Nw i dunno.. seeing alot of mummies like popping soon

I juz had my gynae check today. bb is ard 3kg now. gonna along with the planned csect this sat (bb will be 37+3). hopefully everything go well. on 1 hand wanna quickly get done & deliver, on another hand feel so unprepared like that. sigh.

I juz had my gynae check today. bb is ard 3kg now. gonna along with the planned csect this sat (bb will be 37+3). hopefully everything go well. on 1 hand wanna quickly get done & deliver, on another hand feel so unprepared like that. sigh.

Not only you. I have the same feeling too.
I also keep having this feeling that I haven't get finish all the stuff which I am supposed to get.

Wish there is somewhere whereby we can download or have a list on what is need and what is a 'good to have' items.

Limsbaby, my edd about the same as urs 16 aug. When I last went to Gynae last week I was 36 weeks baby weight 2.9kg she say slightly big. She say likely will deliver first week of aug. She also said I cannot wait till national day cos baby will be very big by then difficult to deliver natural. Why r u going for c-sect?

My baby had been gaining avg 300g every 2 wks. baby might go up to at least 3.8kg till full term. Too big to natural birth for my size (1.5m).

Dr say can only induce if dilation at least 3 cm at wk 37. Otherwise no chance or very slim that induce will help.
So now I got to walk more to soften cervix n hopefully dilate to 3 cm by next wk.

Not only you. I have the same feeling too.
I also keep having this feeling that I haven't get finish all the stuff which I am supposed to get.

Wish there is somewhere whereby we can download or have a list on what is need and what is a 'good to have' items.

actually I think most impt is to be mentally prepared. sleep deprivation & breastfeeding r gonna be the toughest/biggest challenges. if possible, get as much help (from CL, parents, in laws, siblings, friends, etc) as possible.

bb stuff juz get the essentials for feeding (e.g. steriliser, milk bottles, liquid detergent & fm if not able to bf), bathing (e.g. diapers, wipes, bath soap, some bb clothes) & sleeping (e.g. cot, bouncer). the rest can wait or buy as & when needed.

actually I think most impt is to be mentally prepared. sleep deprivation & breastfeeding r gonna be the toughest/biggest challenges. if possible, get as much help (from CL, parents, in laws, siblings, friends, etc) as possible.

bb stuff juz get the essentials for feeding (e.g. steriliser, milk bottles, liquid detergent & fm if not able to bf), bathing (e.g. diapers, wipes, bath soap, some bb clothes) & sleeping (e.g. cot, bouncer). the rest can wait or buy as & when needed.

I'm so not looking forward to the sleep deprivation part (which could last till bb turns 1yo & even longer). also worried abt the bf-ing part since I wasn't able to bf my #1 successfully. :(

@kopibeanie now already sleep derivate liao. Am more worried about the breastfeeding part too. So I join a breastfeeding group in FB and try to read as much and understand more before LO arrives. Hope by then everything will be okay...

@shirleyten Jiayou! Many of my colleagues here also told me that they miss the feeling of their LO moving inside their tummy. But like you said, in exchange, you are holding ur LO instead. Think the feeling must be very wonderful! Are you getting exciting yet? I bet you wouldn't be able to sleep well tonight.

Mine is tomorrow. . I guess u will start feeling ready only when they are here ba.. lol. . Kind of lost suddenly that tomorrow onwards I will not have the sensation of poking and hardening in my tummy. In exchange for holding and smelling. . Hehehe

u'll feel a lot happier holding & smelling ur LO. good luck for tmr! :)

@kopibeanie now already sleep derivate liao. Am more worried about the breastfeeding part too. So I join a breastfeeding group in FB and try to read as much and understand more before LO arrives. Hope by then everything will be okay...

@shirleyten Jiayou! Many of my colleagues here also told me that they miss the feeling of their LO moving inside their tummy. But like you said, in exchange, you are holding ur LO instead. Think the feeling must be very wonderful! Are you getting exciting yet? I bet you wouldn't be able to sleep well tonight.

the sleep deprivation gonna be worse after u deliver. at least that's for my #1 case. every 1-2hrs got to wake up. no sleep at all. juz opportunity to nap here n there nia.

Mine is tomorrow. . I guess u will start feeling ready only when they are here ba.. lol. . Kind of lost suddenly that tomorrow onwards I will not have the sensation of poking and hardening in my tummy. In exchange for holding and smelling. . Hehehe
You and your husband must be feeling really excited now! Hope everything goes smoothly for you and your little one!

Thanks Mommies.

I think I cannot sleep ah. Lol.. 5am gotta admit in liao and Csect at 7am... I never get my 3D nor I know how she looks like.. my gynae is also gan cheong with me.. she hasn't seen her face too.. haha

the sleep deprivation gonna be worse after u deliver. at least that's for my #1 case. every 1-2hrs got to wake up. no sleep at all. juz opportunity to nap here n there nia.

Maybe u got experience ba but I more worried about the bf-ing part...

Haha .. is ok. Cry for happiness. Worth all the tears!!! @J.Lau if cant latch on can pump out. Most impt don get stress. Milk wil comes as u do it regular interval n eat n rest well. But always stand by milk powder.

Maybe u got experience ba but I more worried about the bf-ing part...

need to make sure u rest well & eat well to have enough breast milk.

for #1 I didn't have enough sleep coz no CL & no one help me look after my boy esp at night. plus my boy didn't want to latch so muz pump exclusively which is super tiring. praying hard my #2 sleeps well & latch well.

@joyctansg I am more concern about the inconvenience it will bring. I do understand that demand and supply part. I scare of many 'what if'. Eg. What if LO didn't wake up at night, should I wake her up to DL? Or should I pump? Then when go back office, how do I continue my bf? Etc etc etc........... *stress*

some tips I put together for increasing bm..

1) oatmeal & milo (breakfast)
2) fenugreek & thistle milk (2 tabs each, 3 times a day - after breakfast, lunch & dinner)
3) feed on demand. latch for 10mins each side, then pump for 10mins each side, as frequent as possible
4) lactating tea (3-4 cups a day - during/after pumping)
5) drink lots of water & red date tea
6) lots of rest & relax

@joyctansg I am more concern about the inconvenience it will bring. I do understand that demand and supply part. I scare of many 'what if'. Eg. What if LO didn't wake up at night, should I wake her up to DL? Or should I pump? Then when go back office, how do I continue my bf? Etc etc etc........... *stress*

erh the "didn't wake up at night" part is very rare I think. most mummies stress abt having to wake up & feed every 1.5-3hrs instead. it's a blessing if bb can sleep for 4-5hrs one shot at night by 3mths.

don't worry so much abt going back to office. take one step at a time. most impt is to establish bf-ing first.

erh the "didn't wake up at night" part is very rare I think. most mummies stress abt having to wake up & feed every 1.5-3hrs instead. it's a blessing if bb can sleep for 4-5hrs one shot at night by 3mths.

don't worry so much abt going back to office. take one step at a time. most impt is to establish bf-ing first.

What IF? Then should I wake her up or latch on demand? If latch on demand, will it be engorged? If pump so then need to bottle feed but they say this will lead to nipple confusion. Then like that how? *stress stress stress*

Likely will use cordlife same as for my older kid. Gynae said it is worth considering as there are improvements in stem cell research ...
Hi five! Especially in areas of brain injuries that I saw in the newspapers sometime back, looks really promising! And as a kiasu parent I am more than willing to use government money for the services of cord blood and cord lining keeping. Taking something that belongs to the child won't harm the child in any way if treatment is required. Definitely worthwhile doing cos I have seen close ones searching for matches before. Guess it's a peace of mind. It's like I advocate for cord blood, but I tend to place more emphasis due to personal experience. Just don wan to end up with regrets. :)

What IF? Then should I wake her up or latch on demand? If latch on demand, will it be engorged? If pump so then need to bottle feed but they say this will lead to nipple confusion. Then like that how? *stress stress stress*
go and join the breastfeeding mums group on facebook! you can ask all kind of questions related to breastfeeding there :p

Everyone seem to be popping earlier than expected!?
I just went gynae today at week38+ & doc said still no contraction... Waiting game still! And today already 3.3kg...

All the best @shirleyten for Tom!! Life changing day!!!
I am just like you...no sign of delivery at 37 and a half week and bb already 3.2kg at least....how come my gynae never mention anything about induced delivery...seems that the only 2 options he is giving me are wait for natural delivery till EDD and if bb too big go for csect...this makes me abit worried :(

Everyone seem to be popping earlier than expected!?
I just went gynae today at week38+ & doc said still no contraction... Waiting game still! And today already 3.3kg...

All the best @shirleyten for Tom!! Life changing day!!!
I just went to the doc today too! Also at week 38. Cervix still closed and doctor says just have to wait. Bb girl weight is also at 3.3kg though doc says it is not very accurate. He is ordering a more detailed scan to weight the water and baby next week. Head down but not engaged. Prefer to carry to full term. So hopefully can sail through these two weeks!

I am just like you...no sign of delivery at 37 and a half week and bb already 3.2kg at least....how come my gynae never mention anything about induced delivery...seems that the only 2 options he is giving me are wait for natural delivery till EDD and if bb too big go for csect...this makes me abit worried :(
A colleague went for voluntary scheduled c section at 38 weeks and her baby was supposed to be 3.3kg. Turned out to be just 3kg. So not to worry.

Hi mummies, any body under dr wong heng fok n will be deliverin at parkway east hosp? My edd is 17-18 aug but if csect will be on 8 aug..nw i am ard 35wks old.. last chk bb was ard 2.8kg. Nw i dunno.. seeing alot of mummies like popping soon

Hello! I am under dr wong too but will be deliveribg at TMC. My edd 13aug but today my 37 week checkup he say I am already 1.5cm dilated and cervix thinned so might deliver next week! Excited!

I just went to the doc today too! Also at week 38. Cervix still closed and doctor says just have to wait. Bb girl weight is also at 3.3kg though doc says it is not very accurate. He is ordering a more detailed scan to weight the water and baby next week. Head down but not engaged. Prefer to carry to full term. So hopefully can sail through these two weeks!
Lets continue with the waiting game together haha :) 2 more weeks to go! Jiayou!

induce usually end up with csect if bb not ready to come. so best to wait for natural. if bb too big can't come out then boh bian csect lo.

3.2kg at 37+W not that big la. u can do it!! jiayou!!

my mum's friend's daughter juz gave birth to a 3.46kg bb at 34W. she was ordered by the gynae to go for csect as bb already 3kg at 32W.

Hello! I am under dr wong too but will be deliveribg at TMC. My edd 13aug but today my 37 week checkup he say I am already 1.5cm dilated and cervix thinned so might deliver next week! Excited!

I've the same EDD as u. but I'll be going for elect csect this sat.

good luck for ur delivery next week! smooth delivery! jiayou!

Thanks Mommies.

I think I cannot sleep ah. Lol.. 5am gotta admit in liao and Csect at 7am... I never get my 3D nor I know how she looks like.. my gynae is also gan cheong with me.. she hasn't seen her face too.. haha

morn!! jiayou jiayou!! this is the day!! so excited for u!! hahha.

Back