Support group - Miscarriages

Dear all,
Sorry for the long post.

Although I am in the midst of recovering, I think it would be good for me to write my experience here and share with anyone who is unfortunate to go through the same. I was desperately searching all over the place for information but everything is scattered and in bits and pieces. I hope this will help anyone who comes across it.

I was diagnosed as having a missed miscarriage last Thursday as the fortis had stopped growing at 6/7 weeks. No heartbeat was found. A week before that, I sought a second opinion, and after the diagnosis by the regular gynae, I sought a third opinion. All said the same thing. This is the time to read about the procedure to come, then unsubscribe from any forums or sites that will remind u of the baby.

I braced myself for the inevitable d&c. On Friday, I went to the doctor's office to submit the paperwork for admission on Saturday. I was given an antiseptic wash and antibiotics for after the op. That same day, I indulged in whatever food I wanted, no cold drinks still, but I went out for a movie to get my mind off things.

Once I got home, thoughts came back and it was more fear than anything. What GA felt like, what would come after, etc. My husband was my rock all this time. I started dating from 1am onwards. No food no water.

Next morning. 7.30am. Arrived at Mount E to get admitted. Once I was on the bed, the nurse inserted a pill to loosen the cervix. This would take 3 hrs to take effect. I was to continue to lie there and not get up any more. My stand stayed with me throughout this time.

Just before the operating theatre people came to push me in, my husband and I rubbed my belly and bid farewell to little baby. As they pushed me in, I started to cry, and my husband watch me disappear into the operating area. I continued to cry all the while and in the operating theatre, the nurse tried to calm me down. I was also shivering from the cold and fear, which the nurses also tried to help me stop with a little heater.

The anaesthesist came to ask some questions, and as the rest prepared for the procedure, the doctor came in. I was reduced to sobs by now and kept trying to remind myself how baby is not ready for us yet, and only came to tell us that we could conceive naturally. i told myself as many positive things as i could to stop the crying. soon, I was given a mask and told to breathe normally while I was injected, and instantly knocked out.

The nurses woke me up about 30 or 45 min later. I was dazed, but instantly recognized the cramp-like pain. It was very very bad. But the nurse explained a painkiller had already been administered and had not taken effect. As I was pushed back to the ward where my hubby was waiting for me, the pain continued. This lasted for about another 30min or so. When it subsided, I think I dozed off for a bit here and there. I probably drank a bit of water too. I was hungry and thirsty but too tired to try the milo and biscuits until about 1-2 hrs later.

During this time, I could occasionally feel bleeding below, like having your period. After having read so many things online, I knew that the pad would be soaked when I stood up. Eventually, I did manage to sit up. The nurse had advised that before they could let me go, I must be able to go to the toilet and pee, but to move very slowly. So I did just that, sitting up slowly, eventually walking to the toilet, and changing into my clothes. Yes. Pad was soaked through. I was given 1 week HL. The following week I took 1 week annual leave.

Once I got home, it was confinement time. No water. Only hot red date + Longan + wolf berry drink everyday. Food all cooked with ginger and sesame oil only. Breakfast was plain wholemeal bread. Milo was introduced only a few days later. Since my body probably did not change so much during this time, I believe I only need a shorter confinement of about 1 week. No going out, no outside food, no housework. I also didn't take any other herbal things. I was on antibiotics so no alcohol (DOM etc).

I am happy to report that physically, I feel much better now and probably back to normal. I will never know how "recovered" or "nourished" my insides are but I will continue to avoid carrying anything heavy for now, and try to eat healthily (minus anything cold or raw). At least for 1 more week.

Today is day 10. I may go out and walk around a bit. Need to try to get back some normalcy before heading back to work. May help my body readjust physically, since I haven't been moving much all this time (on bed rest when pregnant), and will slowly try to introduce outside food since I will have to do so from next week onwards.

Emotionally - it has been painful. Pain, guilt, anger, sadness... Everything. U get angry at people who u should not be at, then u start feeling sorry and guilty. Then u start blaming yourself for what happened, then u feel sad. And during the moments u find something to laugh about, or momentarily forget what has happened - u feel guilty again.

A lot of tears flowed. I do not know if I have seen the last of them, but I am determined to move on. Whether or not we can have another baby, we shall see. We do not want our hopes up, so we shall I try to move on as best as we can. Getting depressed will only put a strain on the relationship with hubby, family and friends,

One way to deal with friends is to tell them individually what happened but not to share with anyone else. The ones u want to talk to during this time. Then warn them that u will get angry at them sometimes though u cannot help it, so they can understand. I also tell them not to say any consoling words as they only make me angry or sad. Just a "how are u?" will suffice. This has helped them to deal with me, and helped myself too. Seeing babies, pregnant people, etc will also upset. But whatever it is that we tell ourselves to say why it happened to us, we must keep having it in mind and believe it.

Stop thinking of the "what if"s and "if only"s. Stop thinking about who else to blame.
No one was to blame. It happened. Nothing can turn back time to change it.
We can only think about what to do from now on.

Easier said than done. Of course. But I will continue to try to apply this. I refuse to wallow in depression and stay in this dark place. No matter what I have been through, others have had it worse and moved on too. If they can do it, so can I. So can we all.

Dear all,
Sorry for the long post.

Although I am in the midst of recovering, I think it would be good for me to write my experience here and share with anyone who is unfortunate to go through the same. I was desperately searching all over the place for information but everything is scattered and in bits and pieces. I hope this will help anyone who comes across it.

I was diagnosed as having a missed miscarriage last Thursday as the fortis had stopped growing at 6/7 weeks. No heartbeat was found. A week before that, I sought a second opinion, and after the diagnosis by the regular gynae, I sought a third opinion. All said the same thing. This is the time to read about the procedure to come, then unsubscribe from any forums or sites that will remind u of the baby.

I braced myself for the inevitable d&c. On Friday, I went to the doctor's office to submit the paperwork for admission on Saturday. I was given an antiseptic wash and antibiotics for after the op. That same day, I indulged in whatever food I wanted, no cold drinks still, but I went out for a movie to get my mind off things.

Once I got home, thoughts came back and it was more fear than anything. What GA felt like, what would come after, etc. My husband was my rock all this time. I started dating from 1am onwards. No food no water.

Next morning. 7.30am. Arrived at Mount E to get admitted. Once I was on the bed, the nurse inserted a pill to loosen the cervix. This would take 3 hrs to take effect. I was to continue to lie there and not get up any more. My stand stayed with me throughout this time.

Just before the operating theatre people came to push me in, my husband and I rubbed my belly and bid farewell to little baby. As they pushed me in, I started to cry, and my husband watch me disappear into the operating area. I continued to cry all the while and in the operating theatre, the nurse tried to calm me down. I was also shivering from the cold and fear, which the nurses also tried to help me stop with a little heater.

The anaesthesist came to ask some questions, and as the rest prepared for the procedure, the doctor came in. I was reduced to sobs by now and kept trying to remind myself how baby is not ready for us yet, and only came to tell us that we could conceive naturally. i told myself as many positive things as i could to stop the crying. soon, I was given a mask and told to breathe normally while I was injected, and instantly knocked out.

The nurses woke me up about 30 or 45 min later. I was dazed, but instantly recognized the cramp-like pain. It was very very bad. But the nurse explained a painkiller had already been administered and had not taken effect. As I was pushed back to the ward where my hubby was waiting for me, the pain continued. This lasted for about another 30min or so. When it subsided, I think I dozed off for a bit here and there. I probably drank a bit of water too. I was hungry and thirsty but too tired to try the milo and biscuits until about 1-2 hrs later.

During this time, I could occasionally feel bleeding below, like having your period. After having read so many things online, I knew that the pad would be soaked when I stood up. Eventually, I did manage to sit up. The nurse had advised that before they could let me go, I must be able to go to the toilet and pee, but to move very slowly. So I did just that, sitting up slowly, eventually walking to the toilet, and changing into my clothes. Yes. Pad was soaked through. I was given 1 week HL. The following week I took 1 week annual leave.

Once I got home, it was confinement time. No water. Only hot red date + Longan + wolf berry drink everyday. Food all cooked with ginger and sesame oil only. Breakfast was plain wholemeal bread. Milo was introduced only a few days later. Since my body probably did not change so much during this time, I believe I only need a shorter confinement of about 1 week. No going out, no outside food, no housework. I also didn't take any other herbal things. I was on antibiotics so no alcohol (DOM etc).

I am happy to report that physically, I feel much better now and probably back to normal. I will never know how "recovered" or "nourished" my insides are but I will continue to avoid carrying anything heavy for now, and try to eat healthily (minus anything cold or raw). At least for 1 more week.

Today is day 10. I may go out and walk around a bit. Need to try to get back some normalcy before heading back to work. May help my body readjust physically, since I haven't been moving much all this time (on bed rest when pregnant), and will slowly try to introduce outside food since I will have to do so from next week onwards.

Emotionally - it has been painful. Pain, guilt, anger, sadness... Everything. U get angry at people who u should not be at, then u start feeling sorry and guilty. Then u start blaming yourself for what happened, then u feel sad. And during the moments u find something to laugh about, or momentarily forget what has happened - u feel guilty again.

A lot of tears flowed. I do not know if I have seen the last of them, but I am determined to move on. Whether or not we can have another baby, we shall see. We do not want our hopes up, so we shall I try to move on as best as we can. Getting depressed will only put a strain on the relationship with hubby, family and friends,

One way to deal with friends is to tell them individually what happened but not to share with anyone else. The ones u want to talk to during this time. Then warn them that u will get angry at them sometimes though u cannot help it, so they can understand. I also tell them not to say any consoling words as they only make me angry or sad. Just a "how are u?" will suffice. This has helped them to deal with me, and helped myself too. Seeing babies, pregnant people, etc will also upset. But whatever it is that we tell ourselves to say why it happened to us, we must keep having it in mind and believe it.

Stop thinking of the "what if"s and "if only"s. Stop thinking about who else to blame.
No one was to blame. It happened. Nothing can turn back time to change it.
We can only think about what to do from now on.

Easier said than done. Of course. But I will continue to try to apply this. I refuse to wallow in depression and stay in this dark place. No matter what I have been through, others have had it worse and moved on too. If they can do it, so can I. So can we all.

Yes, you will pull through and moved on. What you have shared is exactly what I been through. Recover well and stay strong.

Dollygal: cock nurse! So insensitive wif low EQ!

Starlights: mus have support realli. At least dh wif u I'm not so worries. Can't face & go through alone tis type of tingy, itz just too difficult.

Hope everything shall be smooth for u. My wifey episode still haben end, another scan again tis fri. Realli praying hard all 'remains' r gone!

Meilingg: kudos to ur dh!

Yoga baby: wifey did d&c in mid may, after 3scans (1st in 2weeks back) still not cleared, insert tablets 2 X Full day dosages which is a lot oredi Gynae said, normally will start cramping n bleeding latest in a few days time bt wifey still haben experience tat at all.

Did a blood test last fri again, Gynae called on sat morning saying level is dropping, at lease make us less worried n Gynae mentioned blood tests results shown wifey have actually ovulated in btw which is a gd sign she said. She predicted af will come in a week's time, today tues le still no sign.

Keeping our fingers crossed now, scan on coming fri again. Tough period for us too! I kept saying positive tings to wifey still (though deep dwn I'm realli quite worried) to ease her tensions, mus realli do so cos wifey is a timid person. :)

I can't nvr forget the nurse who is preggy in the ot when I abt to do dnc. Asking Me is it my first child n is it I didn't take care of myself.. I feel like boxing her on the spot for saying Tat comment...

Oh gosh. Its horrible of her to make such comments. Feeling like slapping her for you. So you must be feeling bitter. There is a colleague in my office, can see her small bump and heard she preggy. She may have similar edd with me. Why ppl so lucky...so.smooth. hai.

Yvonne gd news beri fast, straight after she announcement her marriage supposed to take place in sep.

Any1 knows fann expecting b of g?

I think it has contributed to the bfp in some ways :) its a breakthrough for me. At least build up my confidence. Have you ttc long?
ya.. it gave me confidence tt i could get preggie.. we have fertility issues, trying since 2010 though not actively, n planned for ivf already, n by miracle i found out i was preggie that same month~

Wat abt u?

Oh gosh. Its horrible of her to make such comments. Feeling like slapping her for you. So you must be feeling bitter. There is a colleague in my office, can see her small bump and heard she preggy. She may have similar edd with me. Why ppl so lucky...so.smooth. hai.

I know how u feel, I have two other good friends who are pregnant almost the same time as me and their pregnancies are smooth and happy one..... And they are looking forward to their new born soon in Oct an Nov. Dun be despair. We will find our rainbow babies soon. They will come as long as we keep trying no matter how hard it takes and how much challenges we are going to face.

Dollygal: cock nurse! So insensitive wif low EQ!

Starlights: mus have support realli. At least dh wif u I'm not so worries. Can't face & go through alone tis type of tingy, itz just too difficult.

Hope everything shall be smooth for u. My wifey episode still haben end, another scan again tis fri. Realli praying hard all 'remains' r gone!
How come? Did d&c liao should be everything gone right?

N hor, maybe Yvonne Lim was worried that she can't conceive, afterall she's 38 already...maybe she thought if she end up like other celebrities who can't conceive after many years then jialat liao la...like mark lee...Fann wong... mark lee also poor thing la, married early but doesn't have bb until 8 years into his marriage. Mark lee n mrs did checks n was told there's nothing wrong with them so didn't know why they could not have bb.

Makes me feel like consulting mark lee's tcm doc liao... i heard tat doc had part to help his wife to conceive 3 kids...

Oh btw so far I read hor... Fann didn't opt to know the sex of her baby. But we will know in August soon. Hehe.

r u in observation room or ward? if got tv easier to kill time..
No tv at all. Guess it was the observation room at day surgery ba.

I got no mood even if there's tv ...cos i got what Clarice experienced...severe cramps!!!

Woa at that instance I thought I was going to die. I was one of the first few who were back at the ward n i was groaning in pain.

N i kept going to toilet to pass motion... After they stuck e pills into my vagina, alot feeling just free flow lai liao... o.o

Starlights: ermm by rite shd be fine no worry so much, maybe we unlucky Grp.

Yvonne is clever yup! Gd planning & lucky her! I had lunch wif her b4 through some friends. Quite okay her quite sincere, not snobbish at all.

Heard Mark lee consult the tcm at tpy, now oso no pro hit his no.3 last Loh. Anyway he's quite rich can easily afford 5-6 kids oso.

U left hospital le? Everyting okay?

Starlights: ermm by rite shd be fine no worry so much, maybe we unlucky Grp.

Yvonne is clever yup! Gd planning & lucky her! I had lunch wif her b4 through some friends. Quite okay her quite sincere, not snobbish at all.

Heard Mark lee consult the tcm at tpy, now oso no pro hit his no.3 last Loh. Anyway he's quite rich can easily afford 5-6 kids oso.

U left hospital le? Everyting okay?
i thot mark lee like fann wong consult TSB?

How come? Did d&c liao should be everything gone right?

N hor, maybe Yvonne Lim was worried that she can't conceive, afterall she's 38 already...maybe she thought if she end up like other celebrities who can't conceive after many years then jialat liao la...like mark lee...Fann wong... mark lee also poor thing la, married early but doesn't have bb until 8 years into his marriage. Mark lee n mrs did checks n was told there's nothing wrong with them so didn't know why they could not have bb.

Makes me feel like consulting mark lee's tcm doc liao... i heard tat doc had part to help his wife to conceive 3 kids...

Oh btw so far I read hor... Fann didn't opt to know the sex of her baby. But we will know in August soon. Hehe.

No tv at all. Guess it was the observation room at day surgery ba.

I got no mood even if there's tv ...cos i got what Clarice experienced...severe cramps!!!

Woa at that instance I thought I was going to die. I was one of the first few who were back at the ward n i was groaning in pain.

N i kept going to toilet to pass motion... After they stuck e pills into my vagina, alot feeling just free flow lai liao... o.o
ic.. hope u r discharging soon~ home is still e best

Thanks everyone... I will try my very best to move on and once af come my husband and I will try hard to get pregnant... But before that hope my review with the doc will be pozitive... Hope everything goes smoothly... But even if bfp I think maybe i will be more worry than before...

Yup that's her. Dr tan siew buoy.
Haha in my mind I thought keep thinking about "dr tan chew buoy"

I googled...she only have 1 clinic ...China town? ?

N really arh.... Liu Ling Ling too? When I first read she gave birth at 50 (I think so) I was like are_u_serious, her ivf(I think she did, not v sure) so successful arh??

Tsb was quite chatty w me last mon when I see her. She said Michelle chia aso seeing her, zoe tay refer her nieces to her too... she has 2 clinic...
Yes liu long ling went thru ivf... then all the way See tsb for an tai

Attachments

• 1406023304380.jpg
    1406023304380.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 190
Dolly_gal,
Ha I love gossips... Michelle Chia married liao? now like not much news on her.
Think she's also not v young too, about Yvonne Lim's age..

Happen to talk to a distant guy friend recently n he said he n mrs saw her a few months b4 Mrs conceived. They were trying for 3 years but no news ma.

But he said TSB drafted a plan n die die ask them try wor. Which is like humping lik bunnies for at least 3~4 days for that ovulating week. Oooh. Siong.

Nope she not marry yet but planning w bf tats wat tsb says lah. Then she says she knows the gender of fann bb but didn't reveal to me lah. Only know she says her bb will b her god grandchild...

ya.. it gave me confidence tt i could get preggie.. we have fertility issues, trying since 2010 though not actively, n planned for ivf already, n by miracle i found out i was preggie that same month~

Wat abt u?

Lazybee i try actively since end of 2010. I am quite impatient as age is catching up. I ttc naturally for a yr. Unable to conceive then do laparoscopy. Still no news. Then move on to ivf. I try 2 fresh cycles but failed. In between i will ttc and tcm. I just had a failed cycle in Jan. Then hysteroscopy in Mar. By Apr i strike. Its so unbelievable. At least now i know i can get pregnant. Hope bfp luck follow us all the way!

I also seeing tsb. But i feel very stressful to plot charts and take temp. Some pple very fast can see results. For me...almost 4yrs also nothing happened so I actually stop tcm for a long period. Kind of sian and decided not to do anything. I believed tcm does work but not really effective on me. I wonder how long has Mark lee and fann see tsb.

Wau tsb dare to reveal so much juicy news to u, u mus be beri gd terms wif her!

I saw Kate pang in my Gynae clinic, ask 1 lady staff over there, she still beri secretive n say 'u say so I never say' Wau Biang buay tahan Loh! I was tinking Itz obviously her & whole sg oredi knows she shotgunned with tat Andie Tan Liao leh.

Seems tat fann kid has many godmums Liao, I bet David Gan oso 1 of them :)

Heard Yvonne holding her banquet at ritz Carlton on 7sep same as Michelle chia, hope she wun suffer same date as her marriage can Liao. Tat x her marriage wif Shaun beri big hoohaa live telecast 1 Loh. Keke....

Mangoyoyo: agreed wif u. Tcm Might be effective on certain ppl, not all, n I sum how or rather feel tis type of tingy depends on luck too.

Sum ppl (those who have fertility problems too) nv realli put in efforts bt can strike easily, bt sum ppl oredi tried all sorts of methods, tcm... etc bt still can't strike naturally at all!

I did acupuncture continuously (regularly once a week nv skip at all) n drink tcm medicine for more than 2yrs w/o any results at all. Same for wifey too. Mentally n physically exhausted tat period of time.

Lazybee i try actively since end of 2010. I am quite impatient as age is catching up. I ttc naturally for a yr. Unable to conceive then do laparoscopy. Still no news. Then move on to ivf. I try 2 fresh cycles but failed. In between i will ttc and tcm. I just had a failed cycle in Jan. Then hysteroscopy in Mar. By Apr i strike. Its so unbelievable. At least now i know i can get pregnant. Hope bfp luck follow us all the way!
mangoyoyo, yes dun gif up! age is also catching up for me.. my hubby's bros all got two kids at his age.. yet we still trying for one.. makes me sad, cuz he really like kids..
we jiayou together towards bfps!
Hm.. hope i dun mind me asking wats ur plan now gg forward? i still dunno what to do.. now just waiting for AF to come....

Mangoyoyo: agreed wif u. Tcm Might be effective on certain ppl, not all, n I sum how or rather feel tis type of tingy depends on luck too.

Sum ppl (those who have fertility problems too) nv realli put in efforts bt can strike easily, bt sum ppl oredi tried all sorts of methods, tcm... etc bt still can't strike naturally at all!

I did acupuncture continuously (regularly once a week nv skip at all) n drink tcm medicine for more than 2yrs w/o any results at all. Same for wifey too. Mentally n physically exhausted tat period of time.
Thor, really sweet of u to b so concerned for ur wifey~

Hm.. i thot of tcm, but hesitant to go cuz of e boiling of meds, plus all quite far from my workplace.. v hard to rush down after work to c..

mangoyoyo, yes dun gif up! age is also catching up for me.. my hubby's bros all got two kids at his age.. yet we still trying for one.. makes me sad, cuz he really like kids..
we jiayou together towards bfps!
Hm.. hope i dun mind me asking wats ur plan now gg forward? i still dunno what to do.. now just waiting for AF to come....

I didn't wait for af to come. I already ttc. I am super desperate right? If af dont come means i bfp again...but in my heart i am thinking where gt so Lucky! My gynae says no need to wait for another cycle. 3mths down the road Still no news...i will proceed to fet. I still have frozen embryos. Your gynae advised u to wait for af to report then try?

Lazybee: actually nowadays not so 100% traditional Liao, they can pack readily into small packs n can jus stir in hot water n drink le.

Bt tcm consultation n acupuncture really have spend a little time n efforts oredi.

Thor, i have been through 8mths of acupuncture n 3yrs of tcm. But also no effect on me. Phobia now. After this mc i went to see tsb again. I looking at strengthen my womb and an tai if strike. But not hopeful abt bfp with tcm anymore. It jus dont work on me. Haha. Btw, you go through the tcm process with ur wife? So good. The needles are all on me :( i feel so miserable at times thinking why i have to go all these. Then worst is still have to suffer a miscarriage.

Dunno leh. Another 40mins passed n i have already changed into my own clothes. Ate at 10am.

They just say have to observe for 4 hours...guess they r strictly adhering by it.

I just wana get out la, e adjacent bed neighbour is very cranky n is complaining about every single sht. Her screaming toddler was getting on my nerves. Zzzz

Starlight, you must take care. Stay strong! the cramps will get better.

Mangoyoyo: yah I try to send her almost every session if possible, cos we stay quite far n e clinic's location quite inconvenient oso.

My wkg hours more flexible, I normally try to go off-peak hours cos at least nid need to wait so long oso. I totally agreed, compared to the needles, the bitter medicine much more bearable Loh, cos it does realli hurts at times when tcm doc nv poke so accurately. :(

Thanks Mangoyoyo n the rest of the ladies for ur concern. I'm feeling verrry much better now. I wear jeans, socks, gloves n a hoodie over my head (to keep my neck covered) to to keep me warm. Kiasi max..

But then I don't have much cramps or bleeding, so is that how it should be? Yesterday soaked up 1/2 maternity pad only. Changed to fresh 1 before I slept at 12.

Then I woke up at 6 n found the pad with not much stain, so i changed into those 17cm light-day pads only. I'm typing this at 8am...No bleeding.

.... Sum ppl (those who have fertility problems too) nv realli put in efforts bt can strike easily, bt sum ppl oredi tried all sorts of methods, tcm... etc bt still can't strike naturally at all!
Har nor. I concur.

Sometimes I see some of my ex colleagues did get pregnant vvv easily, n some went on to have 3\4\5\6kids, I can't help but to be feeling rather down. sian. These ppl r all 35 n below... haiz.

I have another 4 years to hit 35 lo. *Been trying for 3+ years.

Last edited:
Tcm n gynae dun suits u or not much result then change. My mistake was stick to my first gynae for few years then I jumped after tat. Tcm aso switched a few from marine parade to Chinatown then jurong east then back to tsb. Aso eat medication until scared but as compared to ivf still far cry from it. All the stimulation jabs, progesterone jabs n oral medication, really dun know how much it has aged my actual health lor. N all the disappointment after each failed cycles, I really dun know how I went thru the last 3 years w tears every month.
End day our main goal is to have a healthy bb in our hands.

Thanks Mangoyoyo n the rest of the ladies for ur concern. I'm feeling verrry much better now. I wear jeans, socks, gloves n a hoodie over my head (to keep my neck covered) to to keep me warm. Kiasi max..

But then I don't have much cramps or bleeding, so is that how it should be? Yesterday soaked up 1/2 maternity pad only. Changed to fresh 1 before I slept at 12.

Then I woke up at 6 n found the pad with not much stain, so i changed into those 17cm light-day pads only. I'm typing this at 8am...No bleeding.

Har nor. I concur.

Sometimes I see some of my ex colleagues did get pregnant vvv easily, n some went on to have 3\4\5\6kids, I can't help but to be feeling rather down. sian. These ppl r all 35 n below... haiz.

I have another 4 years to hit 35 lo.

Dun give up. I am 35 next year already and still trying..... you take care of your health first and that is most important thing now.

Thanks for sharing. After the ops, I will still need to consult my gynea about my antibodies in the immune system. Not sure when I can really start ttc again. Perhaps another two months? In the mean time, I also want to "bu" my body to make it stronger for next pregnancy.

My polyp is in the uterus. Therefore must remove before ttc again.

Chew, if it is in your uterus then maybe different. But i have done laparoscopy before whereby there are cuts. Removed blood cysts. My menses came on time aft ops. My doc say i can ttc after menses. At then i am very blur. I didn't eat any bu aft the ops. Just drink fish essence. Polyp in the uterus will affect pregnancy and fertility. I believe your chances will be good aft the ops. Dont worry, you will be fine. My result for polyp is ok. Nothing cancerous.

I didn't wait for af to come. I already ttc. I am super desperate right? If af dont come means i bfp again...but in my heart i am thinking where gt so Lucky! My gynae says no need to wait for another cycle. 3mths down the road Still no news...i will proceed to fet. I still have frozen embryos. Your gynae advised u to wait for af to report then try?
Icic.. i oso gan cheong to try again even tho its only a month.. but scared my body not strong as i lost my girl at 17+wks.. gynae said e standard 3 mths later den try..

Starlights: ur age still not so bad lah no worries, bt I believe u did the right ting start trying while young at least. I hv a couple of frnds in late 30s, strive hard for career fr late 20s till mid 30s, now den start to gan cheong bt guess honestly might be a little late le. U just have to keep trying, I believe u will succeed soon.

Dollygal: I totally understood how u feel, we've been through it all too. Tough path realli, bt success is near u oredi! Jia u!

Chew: I feel tat time passes beri fast for ppl who keep trying like us, 1 yr after another. ESP ivf-ing, cos tink max I suppose is ard 4X fresh plus frozen per annum, wifey n I record is 3X in 2012, 1 X fresh & 2 X frozen, everytime we will keep our mindset beri positive after trsf, bt in the end it came all bfn!

Chew, if it is in your uterus then maybe different. But i have done laparoscopy before whereby there are cuts. Removed blood cysts. My menses came on time aft ops. My doc say i can ttc after menses. At then i am very blur. I didn't eat any bu aft the ops. Just drink fish essence. Polyp in the uterus will affect pregnancy and fertility. I believe your chances will be good aft the ops. Dont worry, you will be fine. My result for polyp is ok. Nothing cancerous.

Thanks! I hope everything will be okie and not cancerous. Tomorrow is the operation. Trying to keep calm and just want to do it and get over it.

Starlights: ur age still not so bad lah no worries, bt I believe u did the right ting start trying while young at least. I hv a couple of frnds in late 30s, strive hard for career fr late 20s till mid 30s, now den start to gan cheong bt guess honestly might be a little late le. U just have to keep trying, I believe u will succeed soon.

Dollygal: I totally understood how u feel, we've been through it all too. Tough path realli, bt success is near u oredi! Jia u!

Chew: I feel tat time passes beri fast for ppl who keep trying like us, 1 yr after another. ESP ivf-ing, cos tink max I suppose is ard 4X fresh plus frozen per annum, wifey n I record is 3X in 2012, 1 X fresh & 2 X frozen, everytime we will keep our mindset beri positive after trsf, bt in the end it came all bfn!

Yes, Thor. Time flies very fast. I keep thinking I am close to 35 already... going to be in the high risk category. But the more gan jiong I get, the more frustrated, more depressed I am. Then I realized somethings really cannot gan jiong. I only left with 6 years to try before reaching 40. After that, I guess we will really give up and really moved on to other things in life. For now, the only thing keeps us motivated is that we still have hope that we can conceived, all we need to do now is to find ways to keep the bb to full term if I get pregnant again.

Hi ladies,

Just a question, if not taking TCM. Any one taking other supplements to keep body healthy and strong? I am only taking folic acid for now. One of the aunties in the office said to drink red dates regularly to keep the body "qi" strong.

Hi ladies,

Just a question, if not taking TCM. Any one taking other supplements to keep body healthy and strong? I am only taking folic acid for now. One of the aunties in the office said to drink red dates regularly to keep the body "qi" strong.
I continue to take folic too.

My aunties colleague tell me to get prenatal multi vitamins too, cos it's safe for pregnant women of cos it's good for ttc ladies too ...at least u know no additives that's harmful is in it. I read alot, don't have soy/gluten etc.

I bought mine in iherb, just pick 1 with the highest positive reviews de. Tho in USD, after converting its much cheaper than to get it via Watsons.

I bought 1 prenatal multivitamin (150 soft gels, 1 softgel once a day), 2 types of prenatal omega-3 DHA (100 +90 softgels), 2 big bags of raspberry tea leafs. Really buy the leaf lol. The brand is "Frontier".

Sgd93 total including shipping via singpost courier.

I heard raspberry tea leaf is good for fertility so I buy la. Buy over usd60 got 5% off.
Shipping is s$4 only. I ordered on 16jul n i checked it's with singpost now. 7 days delivery ok la, considering it's from US direct...

Now i wonder huh, would it be cheaper to get from sgmummy forum sprees?

Last edited:
N raspberry leaf is also for pregnancy, so ladies if u want u can try too.

I heard this 2 (see pic) are good too. Christopher brand reproductive formula... ttc can take cos it's supposed to regulate mense.

Attachments

• 1406087381393.jpg
    1406087381393.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 149
I also seeing tsb. But i feel very stressful to plot charts and take temp. Some pple very fast can see results. For me...almost 4yrs also nothing happened so I actually stop tcm for a long period. Kind of sian and decided not to do anything. I believed tcm does work but not really effective on me. I wonder how long has Mark lee and fann see tsb.

I think stress play a part too. Now I stopped doing those charting and bbt already. Only test with OPK to ensure i am ovulating. I stopped after 2nd mc, cos thinking back, both times I striked when less expected, not active ttc months, happy months (cos long holiday trip thus only work 1+week for the whole month). Both scenarios were rather similar for my case.

Back