(2014/08) August 2014

Yeah I hope my baby to be cooperative too!
I just went for my exact 37wks checkup and today did CTG scan... To see rate of bb heartbeat and contractions.. Apparently doc said v mild so this week likely won't give birth! Haha.. But u guys able to feel like the feeling of giving birth soon? Cos I don't have... Sometimes I want it out yet want it inside till full term better....

I will hv my CTG next Monday...

Doc said wk 37 is full term liao..which means fully formed.

ya. my gynae said the same. but a lot of online articles say otherwise leh, better let the baby stay inside longer. sigh. keep on thinking abt it again the whole day & it's killing me. sometimes wish I don't have a choice instead. hahah. :(

@JL72

Wow week 36 started dilating that is v fast! Good luck to you! So excited for you!

My gynae said my bb unlikely to come out within the next 2 weeks coz the head is still not low. I have a mixed feeling coz bb already 3.1kg at week 36 and I am worried that he will get too big for normal delivery if stay inside till full term...but on the other hand I also want him to stay till full term coz I only start taking maternity leave next Friday :p

Everyone jiayou!!

Last edited:
Hi mummies... My mum's supposed to help with my confinement but last min backed out coz she feels that she cannot handle without any prior experience. Anyone happen to know of any confinement nannies who are available? The agencies are charging extra because it's last minute. I've so many other things to worry and this has to be added to the list. My Edd is end aug

ya. my gynae said the same. but a lot of online articles say otherwise leh, better let the baby stay inside longer. sigh. keep on thinking abt it again the whole day & it's killing me. sometimes wish I don't have a choice instead. hahah. :(

Its our child inside our tummy..
I always tell my baby in my tummy..you're a gift!
To me..as long you're healthy :)

@JL72

Wow week 36 started dilating that is v fast! Good luck to you! So excited for you!

My gynae said my bb unlikely to come out within the next 2 weeks coz the head is still not low. I have a mixed feeling coz bb already 3.1kg at week 36 and I am worried that he will get too big for normal delivery if stay inside till full term...but on the other hand I also want him to stay till full term coz I only start taking maternity leave next Friday :p

Everyone jiayou!!

Wow..my baby gal only weighted 2.7kg today :)
I think..most importantly mind set!
After pregged, I changed alot..and seems like its mother nature..but I always remind myself..whatever I do my baby will know n learn so I avoid do/say lots things.

I always sayang n speak my tummy n said..as long you're healthy when wana come out also ok.. BUT the later the better cos life out here is not what you think. :p

Hi mummies... My mum's supposed to help with my confinement but last min backed out coz she feels that she cannot handle without any prior experience. Anyone happen to know of any confinement nannies who are available? The agencies are charging extra because it's last minute. I've so many other things to worry and this has to be added to the list. My Edd is end aug

Actually u engaged free lance nanny or thru agency, they also charged u last min fee. Personally felt agency better cos if free lance one can fly u kite last min..than you're worst cos baby arrived and you gona worry this n that..

Its our child inside our tummy..
I always tell my baby in my tummy..you're a gift!
To me..as long you're healthy :)

I mean I wish I don't have to choose a date for elective csect.

but since #1 is emergency csect & I didn't want to risk VBAC, so got to go for elective csect. so got to decide on a good date/time for elective csect lo.

Wow..my baby gal only weighted 2.7kg today :)
I think..most importantly mind set!
After pregged, I changed alot..and seems like its mother nature..but I always remind myself..whatever I do my baby will know n learn so I avoid do/say lots things.

I always sayang n speak my tummy n said..as long you're healthy when wana come out also ok.. BUT the later the better cos life out here is not what you think. :p

Went for my checkup yesterday and my baby gal is now 2.5kg @ 35 weeks +. Gynae say baby is a little big but still unable to advise if it will affect me going for natural delivery. Am going to see gynae in another 2 weeks time. When will we start to see gynae every week?

Went for my checkup yesterday and my baby gal is now 2.5kg @ 35 weeks +. Gynae say baby is a little big but still unable to advise if it will affect me going for natural delivery. Am going to see gynae in another 2 weeks time. When will we start to see gynae every week?

From wk 36 onwards

depends. my pkg is also 35W, then 37W, then 38W & once every week thereafter. but if got complications or need closer monitoring then more frequent la.

Mine start weekly liao. Yes. 36 weeks onwards. Booked till 4 Aug and my edd 8 Aug.. I wonder if I can make it till 4 Aug. Lol

Call Thomson Medical centre .. They now provide confinement nannies

Mine is not under package...I pay for every visit...my last visit was at week 36 and gynae asked me come back in 10 days hahaha~

Shirley, my due date same as yours. But I don't think I can wait till then. I hope to pop after my 37wk visit next wk. abit unbearable Liao. Breathless, aching, tired, etc...

Shirley, my due date same as yours. But I don't think I can wait till then. I hope to pop after my 37wk visit next wk. abit unbearable Liao. Breathless, aching, tired, etc...

This means next week u wanna pop le ah.. I am still working till next Fri.. cannot pop and am hoping after 1 Aug. Haha.. I am still feeling ok just difficult to sleep only.
I haven't got my 3D lor.. my princess refuse to let us see her face.. at first it was palm.. last round it was knuckles. . I dunno today what am I getting. Lol. Hoping for the 3D face scan soon.. left 3 more appt and that's it liao....

Why dont take pkg? Very ex leh every visit!!!
Not every gynae got package. I oso no package.

I was listening to jay chou, jolin and guang liang mv just now. Bb loves jay chou music! Wow this 童话 damn sad. See mv till I cry. Now I switch to listening to hokkien songs....perk myself up abit.

Not every gynae got package. I oso no package.

I was listening to jay chou, jolin and guang liang mv just now. Bb loves jay chou music! Wow this 童话 damn sad. See mv till I cry. Now I switch to listening to hokkien songs....perk myself up abit.

Ha ha ur bb will be trilingual next time n spew hokkien with ease too!

I mean I wish I don't have to choose a date for elective csect.

but since #1 is emergency csect & I didn't want to risk VBAC, so got to go for elective csect. so got to decide on a good date/time for elective csect lo.

If can wait one more week I think better for bb to be inside tummy longer girl.

I just finish gynae appt.. not so good.. fluid alittle on the low side.. baby didn't put on during 1.5 weeks. So gynae says may wanna do early delivery. Coming Monday is 37 weeks 2 days for me and she will check my cervix.. if soft will induce. . Hard will csec.

If can wait one more week I think better for bb to be inside tummy longer girl.

means me & hb got less time to spend with bb before we got to return to work.

if deliver at 37+W, hb got exactly 1mth before he starts new job. any later, 38+W, means he won't be ard for my full confinement mth. & hb sure super busy when he starts new job, might need OT etc. not sure if I can handle 2 kids without hb during confinement.

sigh. dilemma.

I just finish gynae appt.. not so good.. fluid alittle on the low side.. baby didn't put on during 1.5 weeks. So gynae says may wanna do early delivery. Coming Monday is 37 weeks 2 days for me and she will check my cervix.. if soft will induce. . Hard will csec.

how heavy is bb now?

ur ML starting next fri? so now got to start earlier?

She is 2.6kg. I will continue to work till next Fri. Gynae wants me to water parade. . So gotta keep drinking and rest ba. Monday will know what is the direction to go..

Shirleyten, don't worry. My #1 was born on 37W 3 days. Gynae also advised to deliver baby cos growth rate has slowed down very significantly. My Gynae advised at that time that when baby growth rate in tummy slows down very much, it's better to deliver at around 37 weeks instead of keeping inside tummy cos it's better for them to be born and get nutrients from our milk. It is not always true that baby inside tummy the longer the better. My #1 was born 37W 3 days and he is doing as well as all his peers. Don't have to worry too much. And congrats to u, u will be holding ur precious in ur arms soon! !!

means me & hb got less time to spend with bb before we got to return to work.

if deliver at 37+W, hb got exactly 1mth before he starts new job. any later, 38+W, means he won't be ard for my full confinement mth. & hb sure super busy when he starts new job, might need OT etc. not sure if I can handle 2 kids without hb during confinement.

sigh. dilemma.
My hubby may oso get a new role... that means caring of #1 & 2 become my primary role till I return bk to office.
But I want to get a new job too! Hiaz....

She is 2.6kg. I will continue to work till next Fri. Gynae wants me to water parade. . So gotta keep drinking and rest ba. Monday will know what is the direction to go..

yeah I read drinking lots of water & eating lots of soupy stuff helps. jiayou & take care!

If your gynae really wants you to rest, why not ask for HL for a few days, so that you don't have to work?

Hi Shirleyten hang in there ok. I think ur bb weight sounds good. I just did my checkup at 35 weeks and bb still on the light side around 2kg. Doctor said my hypertension n diabetes may be rendering the placenta not effective to pass nutrients to bb therefore got IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction). Hence like some ladies said here, it's better maybe for bb to be outside than inside.

My cervix is dilated oredi ... Really scared cos he still at 35 weeks. I'm gg for steroid shots to mature his lungs Tom. Let's all Jia you together by His grace. Really didn't expect to be so challenging but guess pregnancy in itself is a journey of faith.

Thanks all.. feeling so much better. First time mom.. cannot help being affected by what gynae has said. Although gynae also tried her best to make it sound like nothing serious..

I will see what my gynae says on Monday.

Thank u all!!!!!

Hi Shirleyten hang in there ok. I think ur bb weight sounds good. I just did my checkup at 35 weeks and bb still on the light side around 2kg. Doctor said my hypertension n diabetes may be rendering the placenta not effective to pass nutrients to bb therefore got IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction). Hence like some ladies said here, it's better maybe for bb to be outside than inside.

My cervix is dilated oredi ... Really scared cos he still at 35 weeks. I'm gg for steroid shots to mature his lungs Tom. Let's all Jia you together by His grace. Really didn't expect to be so challenging but guess pregnancy in itself is a journey of faith.

stay strong & think positive!! everything will be fine!! jiayou jiayou!! take care!! hugz!!

Why dont take pkg? Very ex leh every visit!!!
Ya my gynae no package one...recommended by my mother-in-law :p but the charges still alright lah...consultation plus ultra sound $75 only...the vitamins and DHA $60...unless got other complications that required lab test and other medicines if not I consider it cheap for one visit per month hehe :)

I keep u & bb in my prayers hopefully u can hold till 38 weeks. But bb did grow since last check right .... Jia you n keep us informed of any outcome!

Hi Seaturtle,keep talkin to bb n try to rest more, dun stress urself too much... i had admitted to hospital 3 times last mth due to bleeding n contractions.. i had steriods injected at 28 weeks n gynae instructed bed rest till due... now im comin to 34 weeks le.

Hi Seaturtle,keep talkin to bb n try to rest more, dun stress urself too much... i had admitted to hospital 3 times last mth due to bleeding n contractions.. i had steriods injected at 28 weeks n gynae instructed bed rest till due... now im comin to 34 weeks le.

Thanks @mangoann ya I try to relax. Now at gleneagles a&e waiting for injection. I feel safer to take the injections too. Jia you together k!

Must drink plenty of fluids.. I also got a mild scolding cos I wanted to drink less water to reduce the pee sessions during night time.. nurse told me better to go pee often at night then risk having low fluid in the last few weeks. Don't put baby in danger ..
So I drink loads even at night and just have to go 3x or more at night

Back