(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

My line are very obvious since week16.. now its getting real dark..

Im down with really bad cough and flu.. really cannot take it.. went to see doc and was given antibiotics already..

Hi Tiffany. Yup. Using back my prev confinement lady . :) how abt u?
Hi popie,

M still choosing, hv 2 recommendations. Will decide after meet them this week...:)
U r so lucky can book ur preferred CL...
I saw lots of comments here...some very scary and some too good to be true...

Hi popie,

M still choosing, hv 2 recommendations. Will decide after meet them this week...:)
U r so lucky can book ur preferred CL...
I saw lots of comments here...some very scary and some too good to be true...

I have kept in touch with my CL since my first born some years ago. But wasn't so lucky with my #2. she was engaged by someone else then. She happens to still be practicing. Really like her though a little on the older side. She is supportive of BF and takes the effort to wake up hourly at night to support me so I get rest and get to BF too.

Personal take, take one from agency. Cos if you are not happy you can change. I sacked my first CL (cos she was very bad. made my pnds worse. Made a mess of my hse.) and they gave me this super nanny as a replacement. If you need contact can PM me. Happy to share.

Just went to visit my gynae today at 28weeks 4 days. My LO weight at 1.55kg :) My gynae said slightly bigger, need to observe. But I'm not so worry as I know my LO sure up to 3kg. My #1 is already 3.34kg at 38weeks.

Just went to visit my gynae today at 28weeks 4 days. My LO weight at 1.55kg :) My gynae said slightly bigger, need to observe. But I'm not so worry as I know my LO sure up to 3kg. My #1 is already 3.34kg at 38weeks.
whao.. your bb sure absorb what you eat and grow well :)

My line are very obvious since week16.. now its getting real dark..

Im down with really bad cough and flu.. really cannot take it.. went to see doc and was given antibiotics already..

My friend having a boy n her line is so obvious. So i guess to preg with boy will be darker.

Do take good care, drink more water and rest more. I can imagine coughing with a bump is sure uncomfortable. Cos everytime I sneeze I feel cramps.

Ladies. Do rest well. Maybe cos I am in my #3 pregnancy, I am starting to feel contractions at 25weeks n gyne hv to prescribe anti-contraction tablets. And I m now on bedrest. So do rest as much as you can.

@agaga

Actually I don't really eat tonics & just eat per normal. I don't eat durian too. Next routine check up is 2 weeks later & hopefully that time don't bounce up so much..

By the way, any mummies wear long sleeve with long pants during confinement? Have to wear socks as well?

That means your baby got all the nutrients from you..

I wear as per normal, shorts & tee shirt. Differences is wear slipper whole day. Socks and long pants when in aircon room at night. I also paste medical plaster on my sole before sleep. Cos i experienced sort of 'feng shi' at feet during 1st confinement.

Thanks all! Yes. Resting as much as I can. It is kinda hard with 2 little active ones running around.

Confinement I wore normal shorts n tshirt but walked around with bedroom slippers on. Also keep dry. Cos I sweat alot during confinement. Once shirt wet must change. Else will feel chills when the breeze comes in. My first pregnancy I didn't know and caught very bad chills. Would shiver even when under covers. Thankfully the confinement lady had some remedy for me. Traumatic experience.

@BunnyHorse , I had discharge since 1st trimester, look like milky cheese, at certain days it's pretty messy as a lot gust out. I then realised if eat too cooling then have alot. My gynae gave me an insert but I haven't use cos I think I can control on the discharge.

@BunnyHorse
@agaga

So long not bloody ok. Discharge if smelly might be yeast infection. Also must see gyne.

Me too. Too much tea or cooling stuff I get more whitish discharge n will feel "suan"

Use panty liners? Or POise liners. That's for mild incontinence when u laugh or cough too hard.

My #1 was natural with epidural.
#2 was purely natural.

#2 came too fast. Not enough time for anesthetist. Hehe. Pain was bearable. First one took too long. I cannot stand the pain for sooooo looooong. So take epidural. After that can relax n sleep. Hahaha

i have had bad discharge in early tri 2. so bad till it itches. went GP and give me wash & antibiotics.. so far ok.
i'm gg for natural too.. hopefuly like popie, the 2nd time will be faster. 1st one with epi for 10 hrs.

wore t shirt & 3/4 leggings + bedroom slippers duirng confinement too. agaga, good idea on the plaster on sole.. thanks!

@popie

I want natural.. :) my #1 I tried not to take epidural but the pain is unbearable after I tolerate for 13 hours. After epidural, baby came out at 3 hours later, which is next day liao.. Hopefully this time round can natural without epidural.

This is my #1. I hope I can do naturally too :)

When I met my confiement nanny, she also mention about this glutinous red rice wine. So I thought it's a must during confinment.

Cant wait to push out my little one soon,im so tired going 2 d toilet many times.specially in the middle of d nite.

Normally when the feet will get swollen? I just realised that today that my feet are swollen. It looks scary. How do I reduce it? :(

Ladies. Can read this article.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_swollen-extremities-edema-during-pregnancy_230.bc#articlesection3

I am a babycentre/google queen. Everything also google. HeheZ

I used to get swelling when I stand too much during the day. Helps to prop up my legs on my bolster at the end of the day. Also not too much water before I sleep. Will subside after delivery. Think mine took a few weeks or something. Can't remember. My worst hit for pregnancies is my memory.

Soak legs (up to below-knee cap if possible) in warm-hot water. This will help reduce swelling.

I rmb my feets swell around wk32 last round.

Now at wk29 my feet started to show 2tones (some purple-ish red) but no swell but i know very soon will.

Last edited:
tot swolleness is due to too much salt intake & too little water. i try to drink lots of fluids to reduce swelling. Oops..

I think I'm whole body swollen & fat.. My friends saw me said.. Wow~ gained weight a lot & water retention. Sob..sob!

Got some pimple-alike bumps on my necklace line. Mom says too much meat intake. But didn't really took alot of meat. Very ugly. How huh?!

Hmm.. mine is 650kg at week 24. think i'm haivng a small bb. What is the estimated weight increase for bb by weeks or months?

Yea i think its normal.. no worries.. mine was 630kg at week 24 too.. and he was 1kg at week 26.. now they will be growing faster...

My friend having a boy n her line is so obvious. So i guess to preg with boy will be darker.

Do take good care, drink more water and rest more. I can imagine coughing with a bump is sure uncomfortable. Cos everytime I sneeze I feel cramps.

Yea thanks! Yea its so uncomfortable that i may hurt him.. somemore recently my tummy keep tightening whenever i walk, get up from my seat or shampoo my hair.. i worried i am having sensitive uterus.. will be letting my gynae know on the next visit..

Back