(2014/08) August 2014

Hi mummies, have u all completed ur shopping? Any cots & strollers to recommend?
I'm so confused by the wide range of selections.

Hi mummies, have u all completed ur shopping? Any cots & strollers to recommend?
I'm so confused by the wide range of selections.

I like the 5in1 or 4in1 cots. Can convert to single bed to sofa bed after ur child gets older. I have one 4in1 been using more than 10 yrs.

Yes I think going to work is getting more and more difficult cos it's very tiring... I'm on leave today just to extend my weekend a little longer. :)

erh can try use ice/cold pack to try shrink it & push it back in (sorry, abit explicit ah).

I never tot of visiting the GP abt it leh. didn't know got medicine can shrink it one. let me know after u see the doc k

U still can ignore it ah? I can't.... cos I even have problem sleeping...
I tried to push it back in but then it will still come out.

anyway I went to see a GP last evening. The doc gave me some pills and a cream to apply.
I asked him how long will it take for these to take effective, he say at least a couple or days.
Sad thing is that even if it will shrink it back now, it will continue to hunt u till after we give birth. :(

Wk 36 n currently at clinic awaiting for my supplements. Doc just told me I have chance for early labour and gona standby liao

Yes I think going to work is getting more and more difficult cos it's very tiring... I'm on leave today just to extend my weekend a little longer. :)

my job doesn't allow me to take leave as and when I want. also can't juz sit at desk & nua. sigh. it's time like this that I really hate my job... :(

U still can ignore it ah? I can't.... cos I even have problem sleeping...
I tried to push it back in but then it will still come out.

anyway I went to see a GP last evening. The doc gave me some pills and a cream to apply.
I asked him how long will it take for these to take effective, he say at least a couple or days.
Sad thing is that even if it will shrink it back now, it will continue to hunt u till after we give birth. :(

hmm. is the cream effective?

ice/cold treatment quite effective for me.

ya. after delivery will be ok. lucky we r last leg liao. Ren another 2 weeks more. jiayou!

Wk 36 n currently at clinic awaiting for my supplements. Doc just told me I have chance for early labour and gona standby liao

Wah . I 36 weeks 3 days.. u are making me nervous liao.. I am pretty scare Gynae will tell me this on my tomorrow check up. I am still working and starting maternity next Friday onwards but I am having sleepless night cos I couldn't find the right position to sleep. . Sob sob...

J.lau can u try sending the FB invite to
[email protected] instead? I'll find a way to link it back! :)

Yup I use piles cream too aft delivery. Always get piles!! But now, it's coming back too. Hoping it will stay small. *cross fingers*

Wah... how did the doc determine that you hv chance for early labour? Weight of baby?

My gynae poked virginal there n said 1cm liao..
So I asked usually how many cm will need to admit? Replied was 2.5 to 3cm..wk 37 is full term so really standby liao

hmm. is the cream effective?

ice/cold treatment quite effective for me.

ya. after delivery will be ok. lucky we r last leg liao. Ren another 2 weeks more. jiayou!

So far the cream I only apply once cos it say once a day.
Whether effective or not after 1 try... answer is no.

what ice/cold treatment? What did you do?

JL72
Jiayou!! Wow 2.5-3cm muz admit alr! So your next check up must be within the next few days? Line your bed w waterproof liners juz in case!

The last round I refused to let gynae check my dilation till the last day (EDD) coz I need to finish a compulsory module for a course I was taking! Somehow once they check, v likely to deliver soon!! I knew and can feel its quite dilated but no delivery symptoms like contraction. And I refused to be stuck in the delivery ward for 12hrs like my 1st delivery and jus wait for contraction pain to overwhelm me. So when I was checked finally during the routine check up, it's 4cm! Haha! Gynae was shocked! Not allowed to go home. Bb delivered in 4hrs!

J.Lau thanks! I got myself into the Grp finally!!!

Erica86, would u like to try an alternate email? U can link it back to your FB by logging in with your usual email & pw.

My gosh!!! We r so near now. Jia you!!! Now my sleeping after wake up pelvis area really gets aching pain.
Have u guys prepare the soup herbs for confinement lady to cook ?
Or shall we jus wait for the lady to come and go buy with our hubby?

So I asked usually how many cm will need to admit? Replied was 2.5 to 3cm..wk 37 is full term so really standby liao

wow. exactly how many weeks & days r u now?

try not walk too much if u wanna slow down the dilation?

No need to add as friends then can accept invites I guess.
check your FB too
Still dun have leh. i checked both inbox and my other "junk" mail le.
Still dun have leh. i checked both inbox and my other "junk" mail le.
:( nvm then, i shall just follow
J.Lau thanks! I got myself into the Grp finally!!!

Erica86, would u like to try an alternate email? U can link it back to your FB by logging in with your usual email & pw.
thanks both! i manage to find the link hidden in my spam box! :)

So far the cream I only apply once cos it say once a day.
Whether effective or not after 1 try... answer is no.

what ice/cold treatment? What did you do?

I use a towel then wrap ice in it then ask hb to press on the piles lo. then when smaller then try to push it back in. but of coz will keep coming back again n again. so got to reapply the ice treatment again n again each time it comes out.

Joyctansg
Re: confinement herbs
Best to check w CL. Mine will give me a list to buy with the amount (eg 1kg black dates). Coz the consumption will depend on your condition and how well u take to the herbs, CL will adjust. Most of the times, may need to top up and hubby will go buy. Buy earlier, more convenient coz CL can cook immediately!

JL72
Jiayou!! Wow 2.5-3cm muz admit alr! So your next check up must be within the next few days? Line your bed w waterproof liners juz in case!

The last round I refused to let gynae check my dilation till the last day (EDD) coz I need to finish a compulsory module for a course I was taking! Somehow once they check, v likely to deliver soon!! I knew and can feel its quite dilated but no delivery symptoms like contraction. And I refused to be stuck in the delivery ward for 12hrs like my 1st delivery and jus wait for contraction pain to overwhelm me. So when I was checked finally during the routine check up, it's 4cm! Haha! Gynae was shocked! Not allowed to go home. Bb delivered in 4hrs!

wah. power leh. think I would have freaked out & camp at home. hahah.

Kopiebeanie
Gynae tried to scare us coz the week bef really got bb delivered at the delifrance area in TMC. She said if u want bb to stay ICU for a few weeks then u can go home.

But it's was dragon year then. Almost end up with no delivery suite coz full house. They open up a new room for me that isn't stocked at all! Nurses came in grumbling and check out the new machines! Quite funny too.

It's good in a way coz its fast! If it drags too long it gets scary too coz risk emergency csect! I guess I was lucky coz there isn't any contraction. Gynae called it silent contractions! When it comes, it'll be v bad! So I opt for epi even when there is no pain yet at 6cm. Heh! Luckily I did coz when the contractions did come it was so painful man!

Yest I had some thick discharge after I wipe off pee. Maybe its the muscous plug. I think I could be anytime too.

Yest I had some thick discharge after I wipe off pee. Maybe its the muscous plug. I think I could be anytime too.

Gona let ur gynae check cos might be fungus infection..if u opt for norm dly than better approach ur gynae cos baby gona pass thru there..

So exciting.. Anytime soon for everyone! My doc saw me at 35 wks 2 days and scheduled me to see him again 3 weeks later. I was liked what if I give birth before then. He just calmly said come to hospital if got bleeding or contraction. Hee.. My baby head is down already though I don't think it means it's soon for me since my doc is so relax!

initially planned to have my csect on 37W+3 coz wanna start ML soon (job/boss don't allow leave unless ML) & yet don't wanna waste ML & wanna spend more time with baby. so tot best is start ML earlier & deliver earlier lo.

but yest MIL ask y wanna deliver so early and I'm having doubts again. is there any diff delivering at 37W+ vs 38W+??? sigh...

I use a towel then wrap ice in it then ask hb to press on the piles lo. then when smaller then try to push it back in. but of coz will keep coming back again n again. so got to reapply the ice treatment again n again each time it comes out.

Okay.... will try it tonight.

initially planned to have my csect on 37W+3 coz wanna start ML soon (job/boss don't allow leave unless ML) & yet don't wanna waste ML & wanna spend more time with baby. so tot best is start ML earlier & deliver earlier lo.

but yest MIL ask y wanna deliver so early and I'm having doubts again. is there any diff delivering at 37W+ vs 38W+??? sigh...

Of cos there is a difference! Difference by 7 days lor.
Heehee!
Actually I think delivery in 38 weeks is better. At least let ur LO bake inside for another week.

I just went for my exact 37wks checkup and today did CTG scan... To see rate of bb heartbeat and contractions.. Apparently doc said v mild so this week likely won't give birth! Haha.. But u guys able to feel like the feeling of giving birth soon? Cos I don't have... Sometimes I want it out yet want it inside till full term better....

Doc said wk 37 is full term liao..which means fully formed.

Back