Changing Station necessary?

Sugarlove87

Hi,

Do you think it is necessary to have changing station? Where do you put it? In your bedroom or the nursery?
Or, do you end up changing the baby on the bed or sofa?

I was insistent to buy one for my baby previously but hubby was against it because of the space it will take up. Turns out I don't really need it cuz I ended up changing him most of the time on the cot.

i change on bed... cos more room ...i find changing station is waste of money and space ..unless your room is huge ...else quite pointless to have a white elephant

i change on bed... cos more room ...i find changing station is waste of money and space ..unless your room is huge ...else quite pointless to have a white elephant

Have your baby ever accidentally peed and wet your bed? Is it troublesome to grab the baby's stuff and bring it to the bed every time you change the baby?

I was insistent to buy one for my baby previously but hubby was against it because of the space it will take up. Turns out I don't really need it cuz I ended up changing him most of the time on the cot.

Ohhh...I will the cot beside the bed like co-sleeper. So can't change at cot. The cot is in your room?

Have your baby ever accidentally peed and wet your bed? Is it troublesome to grab the baby's stuff and bring it to the bed every time you change the baby?
nope never wet the bed .
I always prepared in advance by putting all I need on bed before changing baby on bed . Troublesome not really ... Call put everything in a container. Just grab and go Lolz

I either change on the cot or change on dining table with change mat (padded/cushion kind). If change on bed, after i had kids, i lined all the beds with waterproof mats under bedsheets cos not only kena pee, vomit lah, sweat lah.. So no worry about changing haha

I used a changing station bcos I find that it is less taxing on your back (since u need to bend over to change baby's diaper) and avoid all the mess on a bed or sofa etc. Also all the necessary stuff u need are all within reach at a changing stn so it's safer to keep your full attention on your baby when changing. I bought a changing table from ikea which allows conversion to a normal shelf. Now I use the shelf for my children's books.

it's really works very well on me..
if change at cot , u will need to bend down n bet ur waist will not able to take it in long term..

so since newborn till now.. i still do it on changing table for nappy change, poo poo, after bath, changing clothes.

i will recommend you to buy..

I used a changing station bcos I find that it is less taxing on your back (since u need to bend over to change baby's diaper) and avoid all the mess on a bed or sofa etc. Also all the necessary stuff u need are all within reach at a changing stn so it's safer to keep your full attention on your baby when changing. I bought a changing table from ikea which allows conversion to a normal shelf. Now I use the shelf for my children's books.

Ohhh...The one you bought at Ikea, is it stable?

Where you put the changing station? In your room or in the nursery or living room?

ImageUploadedByForum1405648046.645240.jpg

It was very stable. I put in my nursery room with cot.

I feel it is not necessary. We change diapers of my baby on the bed and sofa and after bath, we use our dinning table instead. You can save the space for something else instead.

Back