(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Is the hair below belly button area but above pubic hair area? Sorry, very explicit question cos I nvr notice those hair whether they exist b4 preggy

haha both area (belly button. tummy & pubic hair) its extreme.. previously i shave once every 2 - 3 weeks.... NOW? 1 week i feel the itch liao...

oh ya.... duno 15W+5 can see the gender or not hor?

To test for Thalassaemia

Thalassaemia is an inherited blood disorder which is caused by an abnormal gene. A person with thalassaemia is unable to produce normal, functioning haemoglobin in the blood.
Haemoglobin carries oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body. When the body is not able to produce normal, functioning haemoglobin, the affected person suffers from anaemia.
Thalassaemia is passed on from parent to child and can affect both males and females. In Singapore, about 3% of the population are carriers of the thalassaemia gene.
Usually fathers will need to take the blood test at KKH, SGH and NUH or you can say gov hospitals..if your next few pregnancies will be at the following hospitals..fathers need not do it again for they have the record..

I am a thalassemia minor and it was discovered when i was very young. My gynae still took the blood test again anyway. When it was confirmed that it's positive, he then sent my hubby for the blood test too. Luckily my hubby was tested negative. But both my kids inherited my thalssemia. I hope my #3 won't..
At least your hubby is negative then your kids will just be thalessemia minor from you so still not that bad

Usually fathers will need to take the blood test at KKH, SGH and NUH or you can say gov hospitals..if your next few pregnancies will be at the following hospitals..fathers need not do it again for they have the record..
My gynae clinic asked my hubby to take during 1st pregnancy and since this is 2nd and they have his record so no need to redo test but I tot it is a norm to do this test be it private or public

Sugarlove87,

Oh dear..it's really such a scary experience..

I'm on subsidized rate but at KKH..had a wonderful time with them during #2..thus this time I'm going back to them..

Though I'm a subsidized patient..but everything is really good for me..be it waiting time, services, privacy and all..staffs are friendly and helpful..I actually wanna to switch to private after my 1st trimester..but I realized I'm happy and comfy to be there..so I stayed till I gave birth..

There's once..while doing my scan..someone knocked the door and opened the door a little and stood behind the door and whispered she needs to pass her something..the sonographer just told the person to be back in 5mins..though curtains was covering everything up..

Hoping this time round will be good too..so far..so good for me..

My gynae clinic asked my hubby to take during 1st pregnancy and since this is 2nd and they have his record so no need to redo test but I tot it is a norm to do this test be it private or public

From what I know..not all privates have this practice..majority from my Feb Group Mummies didn't know about this till we brought it up..then they enquire from their gynaes..

Even for my #1..I took private..my gynae didn't mention this either..

How come there is no privacy at all! :(

This is not the usual practice at my gynae's. Whether it's pap smear, VE or just a routine scan, my gynae would call a nurse in(if i don't have a companion), draw the curtains before performing any tasks on me. When he is done, he would pass me tissue paper and cover me up with the blanket before leaving me to dress up behind the curtains. But i realised that the situation can be different in hospitals. It's almost normal to have my legs wide open while many nurses walked in and out to check on my dilation during delivery. But so far i have not encountered any other male nurses other than my own male gynae. I would feel uncomfy too if i were you..

It was but I hope things get better. :)

From what I know..not all privates have this practice..majority from my Feb Group Mummies didn't know about this till we brought it up..then they enquire from their gynaes..

Even for my #1..I took private..my gynae didn't mention this either..
Lucky my gynae did it else as a newbie mom to be no one know what test must do or not to do

How come there is no privacy at all! :(

This is not the usual practice at my gynae's. Whether it's pap smear, VE or just a routine scan, my gynae would call a nurse in(if i don't have a companion), draw the curtains before performing any tasks on me. When he is done, he would pass me tissue paper and cover me up with the blanket before leaving me to dress up behind the curtains. But i realised that the situation can be different in hospitals. It's almost normal to have my legs wide open while many nurses walked in and out to check on my dilation during delivery. But so far i have not encountered any other male nurses other than my own male gynae. I would feel uncomfy too if i were you..

It was but I hope things get better.
It will be better! Each and every visit to the gynae's is always an exciting one for us. To be able to see baby squirming and kicking and hear the heartbeat thumping away. Everything is worthwhile! :)

Thanks love for the assurance!

http://sg.******************/baby-piercings-2/

http://sg.******************/10-best-uses-of-bio-oil/

Last edited:
Hi mummies... Anyone started using stretch mark creams? I'm currently week13 and read that it's best to start in second trimester. Any brands to recommend?

Hi mummies... Anyone started using stretch mark creams? I'm currently week13 and read that it's best to start in second trimester. Any brands to recommend?

i started already. am in 14 wks ... i am a laze mum...i just asked gynae for it :D so no need to do research :D

I already got stretch mark prior my pregnancy haha

My sis said she apply tummy only then ended up tummy no stretch mark but got stretch mark on the legs and side of the tummy, waist there towards the end of her pregnany and she is super skinny kind only put on 13kg. :p

Since need to apply, just apply all over. hahaha

I already got stretch mark prior my pregnancy haha

My sis said she apply tummy only then ended up tummy no stretch mark but got stretch mark on the legs and side of the tummy, waist there towards the end of her pregnany and she is super skinny kind only put on 13kg. :p

Since need to apply, just apply all over. hahaha

go check your mummy got stretch mark or not...hearsay it is generic too ...
i apply only tummy ...and at near the end ... very thin stretch mark appear despite the applying ... but after giving birth the mark disappear leh

My butt has expanded already too :(
and i am just going with olive oil massage daily, to avoid stretch marks.
not sure, what else would i want to try

I started applying maybe 2-3 weeks ago. But not v regular lah. When I remember every other day or every 3-4 days then I apply on my tummy, boobs and thighs. LOL.

Currently Clarins Stretch Mark Control Cream. Did consider Bio Oil or Clarins Body Toning Oil, but I'm a lil adverse to the idea of applying oil on my body. Does Bio Oil absorb quickly?

i am using clarins, but i bought palmer cocoa butter as well (buy the unscented ones)

apply at tummy, breast, thighs and butt area.

I started applying maybe 2-3 weeks ago. But not v regular lah. When I remember every other day or every 3-4 days then I apply on my tummy, boobs and thighs. LOL.

Currently Clarins Stretch Mark Control Cream. Did consider Bio Oil or Clarins Body Toning Oil, but I'm a lil adverse to the idea of applying oil on my body. Does Bio Oil absorb quickly?

I think the idea with oil is that don't start with a lot. haha I always drip a few drops then massage and massage if it gets a bit dry then I drip a few more. Need a while to absorb but no sticky feeling. I think coz I don't smear a lot! haha

it is our pelvic that expand not really butt leh :p the amount of meat still same :D

I see, the pelvic... My sis also complain she can't fit into her own pants. she was hoping the hip already will shrink back haha

Wah.. Apply boobes~ My hub help me apply my lower body. haha will tell him need to apply boobs too!! :oops:

i am using clarins, but i bought palmer cocoa butter as well (buy the unscented ones)

apply at tummy, breast, thighs and butt area.
I think the idea with oil is that don't start with a lot. haha I always drip a few drops then massage and massage if it gets a bit dry then I drip a few more. Need a while to absorb but no sticky feeling. I think coz I don't smear a lot! haha

I see, the pelvic... My sis also complain she can't fit into her own pants. she was hoping the hip already will shrink back haha

Wah.. Apply boobes~ My hub help me apply my lower body. haha will tell him need to apply boobs too!! :oops:

he wil be glad to give you a hand on your enlarge boobs :D

for me i did not apply on boobs reason being ... 1st stretch mark dun matter to me it is a not as though i going to bare it all outside :D it will be hidden under the bra ... ( btw i dun have stretch mark on boob after 1st pregnancy) and 2ndly that is the milk factory leh !! i dun wan any cream ( chemical etc) to interfere with the factory

Hi Anyone seeing gynae at SGH? or Dr Y.C. Goh from Thomson Plaza?
Any Review or comment?

Im in my 13weeks, have done my Oscar test. Will you ladies go for further test(harmony) after the Oscar test?

I see... ya also worried about the oil on the boobs haha. My hub also worried about the oil over my tummy at first, but we just went ahead with it last week. Previously was just legs and butt area

I see... ya also worried about the oil on the boobs haha. My hub also worried about the oil over my tummy at first, but we just went ahead with it last week. Previously was just legs and butt area
Tummy not worry cos we have our skin and the baby has another layer of amnio fluid as protectant mAh ... Breast nothing leh

Hi Anyone seeing gynae at SGH? or Dr Y.C. Goh from Thomson Plaza?
Any Review or comment?

Im in my 13weeks, have done my Oscar test. Will you ladies go for further test(harmony) after the Oscar test?

harmony is only on DS and gender ...and optional...if your oscar is ok .. why u want to do harmony ... of course if finance is not a issue you can by all means do it ... just a tube of blood no risk :)

harmony is only on DS and gender ...and optional...if your oscar is ok .. why u want to do harmony ... of course if finance is not a issue you can by all means do it ... just a tube of blood no risk :)
Harmony also test for trisomy 13 and 18, not just 21 (DS). It also include testing for turner's disease.

If u have aldy done oscar and risk for all 3 trisomy tests are not high, no need to repeat harmony test though it has a much higher accuracy compared to oscar. (99% vs 92%).

Harmony also test for trisomy 13 and 18, not just 21 (DS). It also include testing for turner's disease.

If u have aldy done oscar and risk for all 3 trisomy tests are not high, no need to repeat harmony test though it has a much higher accuracy compared to oscar. (99% vs 92%).
that 's funny how coem when clinic called me to tell me the result they only specified DS and not others 3 testing ...

it is up to you ... i dun like oily body ... so i only apply tummy area cos that is the area that stretch the most
I use vlarins toning oil. Very nice and skin absorb quickly n no oily feel after that. But it cost a lot more compared to bio oil.

btw you ladies book your confinement lady already ? i haben leh... :D still looking around

I haven't. My friend said can go to this agency PEM. They provide systematic confinement food planning for each week. Like first week is clear blood, 2nd week tonic. She likes it

I use vlarins toning oil. Very nice and skin absorb quickly n no oily feel after that. But it cost a lot more compared to bio oil.
i am using Floxia Stretch mark restructuring cream...bought from gynae ... dunno is cheap or exp or available from outside.. ok ... nice scents ... the oiliness get absorb into body fast ...but still i dun like to apply cream... the only time i apply cream is when i get sunburn and during pregnancy :D

I haven't. My friend said can go to this agency PEM. They provide systematic confinement food planning for each week. Like first week is clear blood, 2nd week tonic. She likes it
i abit scare of agency leh...used another one GPLS for 1st one... the confinement lady not that good leh

I bought the clarins toning oil but the smell is too strong for me now that it makes me nausea..

Anyway it cost cheaper at the shops like pinky/ Venus those beauty product shops at neighborhood.. Not sure if u all know? Toa payoh amk has a few of these shops..

Clarins toning oil cost $58 but stretch mark cream can't rem.. Maybe $60+

Back