(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Lol no lar.. For my #1.. I didnt do anything at all.. So feel like trying out this time round.. :)
My #1 I aso din do anything unless last trim glucose touch border line then start to exercise 30 mins everyday Lolz this one thinking of start exercise early to provide shock at last trim Lolz

I dont mind :) just need to make arrangements for #1 & also i work near Buona Vista so will need time to travel but shld b able to make it.. When r u planning to start?

Probably after I finish my current yoga package in 3 weeks, probably early August? Looking at either 8 or 11 August....

I've got a question.... Thinking of getting some new bras for my expanding boobies... Is 1 cup bigger sufficient for the rest of the pregnancy? I wanna get sth that I can get as much mileage out of it as possible... I am usually a 34B/75B...

Thanks getawayjunkie, I am thinking of changing my gynae. Read many good reviews on Dr Tham but no mention if he is pro natural or not. Vaguely remembered my friend mention he's pro c-sect.

I heard of some gynaes who aren't that patient to wait for u to dilate. My no. 1 took 36 hrs and luckily my gynae was v patient with me.

Last edited:
Getaway junkie, I guess it also depends on how much weight u will put on throughout ur pregnancy. I put on 20+kg for my 1st pregnancy n went from .. ▶ oo ▶ OO(breastfeeding) then .. again after I stop breastfeeding. .

I am 15 weeks 2 days today. :)

Although i have lost 7kg due to ms, my belly has sorta popped out since 12 weeks. Very obvious. Maybe because it's #3. So i finally bought some maternity wear today!

I am still not added to the FB group yet. I think it's because of my previous privacy settings so nobody can find me. :(
Can someone try to add me again? Thanks!!:)

Probably after I finish my current yoga package in 3 weeks, probably early August? Looking at either 8 or 11 August....

I've got a question.... Thinking of getting some new bras for my expanding boobies... Is 1 cup bigger sufficient for the rest of the pregnancy? I wanna get sth that I can get as much mileage out of it as possible... I am usually a 34B/75B...

From my own experience, 1 cup bigger should be sufficient to last till birth. Then gotta prepare for 2 to 3 cups bigger if breastfeeding after birth. I was also a 34B but after two kids and years of bfing, I am now a little bigger than that. Probably rib cage expanded. Lol. I put on 12kg for #1 and 8kg for #2. I guess it also depends on how much we put on during pregnancy too.

I am 15 weeks 2 days today. :)

Although i have lost 7kg due to ms, my belly has sorta popped out since 12 weeks. Very obvious. Maybe because it's #3. So i finally bought some maternity wear today!

I am still not added to the FB group yet. I think it's because of my previous privacy settings so nobody can find me. :(
Can someone try to add me again? Thanks!! :)
Just added u. Waiting for admin to approve before u can see secret group.

I went for my scan on Friday at NUH subsidized. It was a total flop on their admin side but thank God, I get to see the baby so I was determined not to feel shitty.

1) Told them earlier that I do not want to take Oscar Test, but they arranged for the Oscar scan and blood test. I ddnt know the sonographer was trying to measure behind the baby's neck. I thought it was a routine scan.

2) Baby was facing down. So, sonographer kept pressing on my tummy. Not painful but I find her a little impatient and rough. She called my baby 'Naughty' and 'Stubborn'! Damn irritated by her remarks but just kept quiet because I want to just enjoy the experience. Looking at the baby makes me so happy. So, I just brushed it off. On the bright side, I enjoyed good 15 minutes staring at the screen because the sonographer was trying to make the baby turn.

3) She told me the baby is clear of Down's Syndrome. At that moment, I was surprised and told her that I already told the doctor I dnt want to do Oscar Test. She tsked and said then why put her the trouble to make the baby turn. She asked me is this my first pregnancy. Said yes. Then, she said sarcastically, no wonder.

4) All along, there is a man sitting beside her. I suspect it is either an intern or a student. Then, another man just came into the room. He asked is she is busy and he wanted a file or something from her. She ended the scan and just went to switch on the lights. They were just talking and left me on the 'bed' with my bare butt in their view, with the light so bright. There is not even a curtain to cover me. There I was trying to wipe the gel from my tummy and trying to shove my underwear and tight jeans up my big ass! My jeans is already so tight and I was trying to quickly pull it up without jiggling my ass. Damn pissed off ah cos I ddnt wipe the gel properly. It smudged all over my clothes.

5) Quickly said thank you to the sonographer and barged to the admin counter. Told them I dnt want Oscar Test but why they arranged for Oscar Test. A nice lady explained that she will cancel the Oscar Blood test, just the normal Hep B, HIV etc blood test for me.

6) Went in to see doctor. Doctor asked if I have any questions. Asked me if I take urine test. Nopez, was not told. Then, I went out.

7) Blur. Dnt know where to go for the blood test. Husband went to the consultation room to ask where to take the blood test. Informed us to go treatment room. Told the nurse I havent take urine test. Told to take urine test.

8) Took urine test and then took blood test.

9) Pay the bill

I'm not sure if this is a normal practice but nurses and random people come in and out of the consultation room. 1st appt, 2 nurses kept coming and of the room while I have the transducer in my vagina. 2nd appt, 2 men happily talked while I'm trying to pull up my jeans. Hate the lack of privacy.

I hate the fact that the administrative system sucks. Never briefed you which room to go or what test you are about to take.

But, will still go for 2 more subsidized appts then will upgrade to package in week 22. NUH is still the most convenient place for me since I live in the west.

I went for my scan on Friday at NUH subsidized. It was a total flop on their admin side but thank God, I get to see the baby so I was determined not to feel shitty.

1) Told them earlier that I do not want to take Oscar Test, but they arranged for the Oscar scan and blood test. I ddnt know the sonographer was trying to measure behind the baby's neck. I thought it was a routine scan.

2) Baby was facing down. So, sonographer kept pressing on my tummy. Not painful but I find her a little impatient and rough. She called my baby 'Naughty' and 'Stubborn'! Damn irritated by her remarks but just kept quiet because I want to just enjoy the experience. Looking at the baby makes me so happy. So, I just brushed it off. On the bright side, I enjoyed good 15 minutes staring at the screen because the sonographer was trying to make the baby turn.

3) She told me the baby is clear of Down's Syndrome. At that moment, I was surprised and told her that I already told the doctor I dnt want to do Oscar Test. She tsked and said then why put her the trouble to make the baby turn. She asked me is this my first pregnancy. Said yes. Then, she said sarcastically, no wonder.

4) All along, there is a man sitting beside her. I suspect it is either an intern or a student. Then, another man just came into the room. He asked is she is busy and he wanted a file or something from her. She ended the scan and just went to switch on the lights. They were just talking and left me on the 'bed' with my bare butt in their view, with the light so bright. There is not even a curtain to cover me. There I was trying to wipe the gel from my tummy and trying to shove my underwear and tight jeans up my big ass! My jeans is already so tight and I was trying to quickly pull it up without jiggling my ass. Damn pissed off ah cos I ddnt wipe the gel properly. It smudged all over my clothes.

5) Quickly said thank you to the sonographer and barged to the admin counter. Told them I dnt want Oscar Test but why they arranged for Oscar Test. A nice lady explained that she will cancel the Oscar Blood test, just the normal Hep B, HIV etc blood test for me.

6) Went in to see doctor. Doctor asked if I have any questions. Asked me if I take urine test. Nopez, was not told. Then, I went out.

7) Blur. Dnt know where to go for the blood test. Husband went to the consultation room to ask where to take the blood test. Informed us to go treatment room. Told the nurse I havent take urine test. Told to take urine test.

9) Pay the bill

I'm not sure if this is a normal practice but nurses and random people come in and out of the consultation room. 1st appt, 2 nurses kept coming and of the room while I have the transducer in my vagina. 2nd appt, 2 men happily talked while I'm trying to pull up my jeans. Hate the lack of privacy.

I hate the fact that the administrative system sucks. Never briefed you which room to go or what test you are about to take.

But, will still go for 2 more subsidized appts then will upgrade to package in week 22. NUH is still the most convenient place for me since I live in the west.

I totally uds how you felt... I experienced something similar in NUH when i was week 11.. was doing my 1st normal ultrasound with MO. right after the scan her 1st question was "do you wan to to do an Oscar scan? I was like "WTH" anything wrong with it and you suggested me to do the test?

We spent 10mins standing with the doc to clear my doubts... i have so many question mark if i really need to do the test or not.
What I hate most is that I spent $$$ standing there to talk. (not even in doc room)

Eventually they booked an Oscar Scan for me 1 week later (12 week)... then I m more puzzled... why scan again so soon.. if i dont wanna Oscar shouldnt i come back 4 weeks later instead? Ended i plan my schedule and rebook an ultrasound appt for 4weeks later.

Nevertheless i will also pick up the package at 22 weeks, and I got a feeling it will be better.*crossed fingers* lol

9) Pay the bill

why ur hubby mus take blood test?
what test is that

why ur hubby mus take blood test?
what test is that
To test for Thalassaemia

Thalassaemia is an inherited blood disorder which is caused by an abnormal gene. A person with thalassaemia is unable to produce normal, functioning haemoglobin in the blood.
Haemoglobin carries oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body. When the body is not able to produce normal, functioning haemoglobin, the affected person suffers from anaemia.
Thalassaemia is passed on from parent to child and can affect both males and females. In Singapore, about 3% of the population are carriers of the thalassaemia gene.

I cant say if Dr Tham is Pro Natural or Pro C Sect. I think he always think of mummy and baby's health first...

Thanks getawayjunkie, I am thinking of changing my gynae. Read many good reviews on Dr Tham but no mention if he is pro natural or not. Vaguely remembered my friend mention he's pro c-sect.

I heard of some gynaes who aren't that patient to wait for u to dilate. My no. 1 took 36 hrs and luckily my gynae was v patient with me.[/QUOTE

To test for Thalassaemia

Thalassaemia is an inherited blood disorder which is caused by an abnormal gene. A person with thalassaemia is unable to produce normal, functioning haemoglobin in the blood.
Haemoglobin carries oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body. When the body is not able to produce normal, functioning haemoglobin, the affected person suffers from anaemia.
Thalassaemia is passed on from parent to child and can affect both males and females. In Singapore, about 3% of the population are carriers of the thalassaemia gene.

means all Fathers to be must take blood test?
i only know got oscar test so far

To test for Thalassaemia

I have to take this blood test too, because I come into regular contact with dogs at my in laws place. However, my hubby don't have to take blood test leh, only I take....

Why you don't wana take OSCAR Test? Btw, I don't think it is "routine" for people to walk in and out of the consultation room while any scan is going on. When I did my scan at TMC, the technician kept the door closed throughout and she also pull the curtain across the bed before the scan....

I heard of some gynaes who aren't that patient to wait for u to dilate. My no. 1 took 36 hrs and luckily my gynae was v patient with me.

Most of the reviews I read said that he is pro-natural lah. I cannot tell you exactly because I'm a FTM, but do a search on google for his reviews and you can read what other people say about him and their experiences during their births with him and make the judgement call yourself lor. No doctor will say that he is pro C-Sec or pro natural. Like what ecym said, most impt is mummy's and baby's wellbeing.

I have to take this blood test too, because I come into regular contact with dogs at my in laws place. However, my hubby don't have to take blood test leh, only I take....
How come no need take for man ... If both parent has that ... The child can have very severe case of that generic disorder

@Sugarlove87, which clinic did you went? I went to the fetal care clinic for my OSCAR, the sonographer has a curtain drawn in between the door and the scanning equipment. Even though there were nurse coming in, they can't see us.

I do feel the clinic is rather messy, not much system. :p my apt was 11.30 and I only get to scan at 12.15

Me and hub are so happy that day coz both of us get to see our baby a long time and twice some more, coz first time sleeping refuse to turn. haha

How come no need take for man ... If both parent has that ... The child can have very severe case of that generic disorder

Not sure, good question. I will ask him again... I have to take the blood test because of contact with dogs, not because we have a pre-existing condition leh...

But when I google search, I cannot find any information on the link between contact with dogs vs thalassemia...

I visit my mum house a couple of times a week and also interact with my family dog. I din told my doc about that so doc din not ask me to perform tt test.
Hm, my sis also visit my mum house a couple of time a week when she was pregnant, she did not took such test too.

is it compulsory?

Why you don't wana take OSCAR Test? Btw, I don't think it is "routine" for people to walk in and out of the consultation room while any scan is going on. When I did my scan at TMC, the technician kept the door closed throughout and she also pull the curtain across the bed before the scan....

I ddnt take the Oscar Test because whatever the result turns out to be, we will still keep the baby. Good to know if there is anything wrong in advance so that we will be prepared but I think it is unnecessary as the result is not 100% accurate.

Anyway, good that the sonographer unintentionally did the test and we are cleared.

Most of the reviews I read said that he is pro-natural lah. I cannot tell you exactly because I'm a FTM, but do a search on google for his reviews and you can read what other people say about him and their experiences during their births with him and make the judgement call yourself lor. No doctor will say that he is pro C-Sec or pro natural. Like what ecym said, most impt is mummy's and baby's wellbeing.

Not sure, good question. I will ask him again... I have to take the blood test because of contact with dogs, not because we have a pre-existing condition leh...

But when I google search, I cannot find any information on the link between contact with dogs vs thalassemia...
Precisely that is why I find weird why take the test because of dog Lolz .
Minor case of this disorder can go undetected so the test is just to find out and not because who has existing condition

@Sugarlove87, which clinic did you went? I went to the fetal care clinic for my OSCAR, the sonographer has a curtain drawn in between the door and the scanning equipment. Even though there were nurse coming in, they can't see us.

I do feel the clinic is rather messy, not much system. :p my apt was 11.30 and I only get to scan at 12.15

Me and hub are so happy that day coz both of us get to see our baby a long time and twice some more, coz first time sleeping refuse to turn. haha

I went to NUH Clinic G.

I think I'm just unlucky. There is a curtain but she only pulled it halfway. From my leg till my waist area and the men were standing at my head area. True that, unhappiness aside, we are just happy to see our lil baby. Suck thumb some more! :D

I visit my mum house a couple of times a week and also interact with my family dog. I din told my doc about that so doc din not ask me to perform tt test.
Hm, my sis also visit my mum house a couple of time a week when she was pregnant, she did not took such test too.

is it compulsory?
That is just one of the test . The 1 tube of blood from man test other things too .. Must go see my
Hubby blood test result then know Lolz

I totally uds how you felt... I experienced something similar in NUH when i was week 11.. was doing my 1st normal ultrasound with MO. right after the scan her 1st question was "do you wan to to do an Oscar scan? I was like "WTH" anything wrong with it and you suggested me to do the test?

We spent 10mins standing with the doc to clear my doubts... i have so many question mark if i really need to do the test or not.
What I hate most is that I spent $$$ standing there to talk. (not even in doc room)

Eventually they booked an Oscar Scan for me 1 week later (12 week)... then I m more puzzled... why scan again so soon.. if i dont wanna Oscar shouldnt i come back 4 weeks later instead? Ended i plan my schedule and rebook an ultrasound appt for 4weeks later.

Nevertheless i will also pick up the package at 22 weeks, and I got a feeling it will be better.*crossed fingers* lol

I hope so too! ;)

I went to NUH Clinic G.

I think I'm just unlucky. There is a curtain but she only pulled it halfway. From my leg till my waist area and the men were standing at my head area. True that, unhappiness aside, we are just happy to see our lil baby. Suck thumb some more! :D

That's quite unprofessional. yap, happy thing is we get to see our baby. Did your hub went in with you? 1st scan, my baby one hand bend and over the head, the other over the face. was telling my sis, my baby slept the same way as her new born.

That is just one of the test . The 1 tube of blood from man test other things too .. Must go see my
Hubby blood test result then know Lolz
I see, so far my doc never ask my hub to draw blood, maybe ask her during the next visit. More test, more money. hahhaa

That's quite unprofessional. yap, happy thing is we get to see our baby. Did your hub went in with you? 1st scan, my baby one hand bend and over the head, the other over the face. was telling my sis, my baby slept the same way as her new born.

I see, so far my doc never ask my hub to draw blood, maybe ask her during the next visit. More test, more money. hahhaa

Pregnancy never cheap to begin with Lolz

The baby bonus barely Enuff Lolz

Yupz, he went in with me. He maintained his expression but he told me later at home, he was melting inside. Hahahaha!
After the scan, he told me he felt the connection and love. Before that, he havent develop the connection and love yet.

The old folk myth .. Hairy body = boy Lolz dunno how true cos I dun have such problem with my 1st born
I oso realised got hair growing on my stomach and result show a boy. Then I ask my fren. She has a boy and oso had hair on her stomach during her pregnancy. Maybe is the old folk myth is some what true...hehe

I oso realised got hair growing on my stomach and result show a boy. Then I ask my fren. She has a boy and oso had hair on her stomach during her pregnancy. Maybe is the old folk myth is some what true...hehe
Lolz so there are some true in it

Is the hair below belly button area but above pubic hair area? Sorry, very explicit question cos I nvr notice those hair whether they exist b4 preggy

I am a thalassemia minor and it was discovered when i was very young. My gynae still took the blood test again anyway. When it was confirmed that it's positive, he then sent my hubby for the blood test too. Luckily my hubby was tested negative. But both my kids inherited my thalssemia. I hope my #3 won't..

9) Pay the bill

How come there is no privacy at all! :(

This is not the usual practice at my gynae's. Whether it's pap smear, VE or just a routine scan, my gynae would call a nurse in(if i don't have a companion), draw the curtains before performing any tasks on me. When he is done, he would pass me tissue paper and cover me up with the blanket before leaving me to dress up behind the curtains. But i realised that the situation can be different in hospitals. It's almost normal to have my legs wide open while many nurses walked in and out to check on my dilation during delivery. But so far i have not encountered any other male nurses other than my own male gynae. I would feel uncomfy too if i were you..

Back