IVF/ICSI Support Group

Congrats NgYL.

Connie, I believe my 2nd cycle is back to norm. I'm now in my 2nd cycle from failed ivf. This cycle I can't ttc natural so I didn't bother to opk but my body was giving ovulation signs which happened in my usual cycle days. I'm on cd23 today and since luteal phase doesnt differ much every cycle, this cycle should be back to 30-31 days. My first cycle from the negative bt was 38 days.

Hi ladies, just tested positive today. Do u have any idea if I can continue to take TCM medicine during pregnancy?

Congrats to you @NgYL... Welcome to the mummy club...
You should check with your TCM whether you can take during pregnancy... For me my MIL told me to avoid from now till 3~4months later ba...

Congrats NgYL.

Connie, I believe my 2nd cycle is back to norm. I'm now in my 2nd cycle from failed ivf. This cycle I can't ttc natural so I didn't bother to opk but my body was giving ovulation signs which happened in my usual cycle days. I'm on cd23 today and since luteal phase doesnt differ much every cycle, this cycle should be back to 30-31 days. My first cycle from the negative bt was 38 days.
thanks redvel, i guess e effect of ivf does have an impact on my once regular cycle zzz.
all e best for yr endo scratchy n do update us how is e process, me now going to visit tsb , my 1st visit..see wat she says for me n hubby..

hi gals, for those who bfned before, can i check will e menses go hay wire is it normal? i failed e ivf in may, my cycle previously has been regular. now june its late for 2 days n july is 2 days earlier. is this e normal effects of ivf...when will it back to normal again..?

@connie_hopeful... should be back to normal... cos might due to chemical we use when IVF that why the menses go hay wire... Don't worry so much...

Pupnui,
Dr Lau is talkative ah?? Haha...
How come you did not stick to Dr Jerry Chan this time round? Just curious...

Hahaha.. He not that talkative lah but not that quiet type...
Cos I'm under refer from Polyclinic and as informed that cannot choose doctor and this time round they assign me to Dr Lau...

thanks redvel, i guess e effect of ivf does have an impact on my once regular cycle zzz.
all e best for yr endo scratchy n do update us how is e process, me now going to visit tsb , my 1st visit..see wat she says for me n hubby..

@connie_hopeful... you going to see TSB today... Wow you must be booking her long time ago... Her schedule now is fully booked till maybe now Sept le...

Just wanted to share my story, I have done 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles in the past 1 year. And ended up with 2 biochemical pregnancy.

The latest BFN was last Friday. Though a bit upset but still manageable. I guess my plan B, adoption, helped me to control my emotion. I am going through the adoption application, If by end of this year, I still cannot get pregnant, I will start my adoption process as my hubby and I would like to have more children.

We all know that Ivf is a tough process, but I never expected that I would have to go through this many rounds but still could not get pregnant. I will continue to try even after I adopt my first and second kids.

Just wanted to share my story, I have done 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles in the past 1 year. And ended up with 2 biochemical pregnancy.

The latest BFN was last Friday. Though a bit upset but still manageable. I guess my plan B, adoption, helped me to control my emotion. I am going through the adoption application, If by end of this year, I still cannot get pregnant, I will start my adoption process as my hubby and I would like to have more children.

We all know that Ivf is a tough process, but I never expected that I would have to go through this many rounds but still could not get pregnant. I will continue to try even after I adopt my first and second kids.

Hugz... Hugz... @pingpingzoe... don't give up sure one day you can make it..

@dolly_gal.. Me too.. I have 2 dates with her.. So each time I go I'll book the next.. Will always have 2 dates.. Best liao.. hehe..
y to book 2 dates w her? sorry juz to ask, i went for my 1st visit w her this moni n she gv me the med n ask me to come back 1 mth latr. juz curious did the sis here make appt date earlier than she given u the dates?

y to book 2 dates w her? sorry juz to ask, i went for my 1st visit w her this moni n she gv me the med n ask me to come back 1 mth latr. juz curious did the sis here make appt date earlier than she given u the dates?
Nope.. I had mine 2 dates was during my stim days.. Cos she wanna see me in between my ET and also if I BFP she'll needa see me more frequently.. Unfortunately I BFN and my dates were already there.. She's preparing me for my FET now which if all goes well should be in early Sept..

Done with endo scratch. Alamak forgot it needs fuller bladder and i went to pee pee before I was called. Dr scanned my tummy and asked me to drink water. So I had to down hordes of water and went back to her.

The scratch itself was merely like 15 seconds. Chop chop procedure. Was crampy for a few seconds but because I kiasi and took painkiller before that, the cramp was kinda ok.

I was given a pad as spotting may happen. But it has been almost an hr and I don't see anything stain.

Now just on open date and call kkivf on cd1.

Done with endo scratch. Alamak forgot it needs fuller bladder and i went to pee pee before I was called. Dr scanned my tummy and asked me to drink water. So I had to down hordes of water and went back to her.

The scratch itself was merely like 15 seconds. Chop chop procedure. Was crampy for a few seconds but because I kiasi and took painkiller before that, the cramp was kinda ok.

I was given a pad as spotting may happen. But it has been almost an hr and I don't see anything stain.

Now just on open date and call kkivf on cd1.

envy u can do it

hi, blessedzn, snap. today is my first day visiting too. am also given a mth supply of medicine.
jia laat, i just realised one of e day i supposed to cook e medicine i not in singapore. wonder how..maybi need to call up clinic n ask

hi, blessedzn, snap. today is my first day visiting too. am also given a mth supply of medicine.
jia laat, i just realised one of e day i supposed to cook e medicine i not in singapore. wonder how..maybi need to call up clinic n ask
hey, me too, nxt wk i also not in sin, think w skip that 2 days suppose to take the med;) hows the q at chinatown? i went to ntu, surprisingly no q, probably i m early, 3rd in q lor
lets jia yu tgtr to tiao our body

hey sis, for those boil tsb herbs, do u use electric pot? is it automatic switch off when boil? we hv to drink aft meals? at night can?

Attachments

• 1405339686695.jpg
    1405339686695.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 244
Her schedule is always packed as I m seeing her every 3-4 weeks for an tai yao so I roughly count the 2 dates n book the appt. If I wait till her tell me when usually the early slots like 1pm taken up liao...

Her schedule is always packed as I m seeing her every 3-4 weeks for an tai yao so I roughly count the 2 dates n book the appt. If I wait till her tell me when usually the early slots like 1pm taken up liao...
Her evenings at Chinatown is madness.. I'm more than happy to book 2 dates.. Else I'll have to wait a long time too..

I was talking on these with my Dr just now. Can you experienced ladies share your thoughts? Thanks.

Sometime ago I was asking here about my option on blasto x3 transfer for my coming one. That's what Dr thinks it's ideal for my background (whether or not it's possible we have no answer for now).

Today I revisited this with her and my concern on frosties. She highlighted that at times, for subsequent retrieval, number of eggs may not be as many, compared to the first ER; even though the stim dosage may be upped. What was your case? I remember reading some ladies got more eggs on 2nd/3rd retrieval. And of course, everyone is different and Dr says "it may".

Her views is if we want to explore frosties, we may consider doing D2 rather than blasto. Yes, although blasto gives better chance, but with the possibility that my egg numbers are dropped, it would also increase the chance of lesser fertilised eggs.

So nett nett, she suggests I go kkh on D2 when we will discuss based on what's in the lab. By that time, we are more sure what's on the plate for me.

So what do you gals think? I also told her about assisted hatching for me. She said the lab will do that if that's deemed suitable for my embies (example if the shell is too thin, lasering it will do more harm).

how much u buy? btw how much water to put in that pot n how long does it boil?
I got about $120 from Beauty & Health (TSB's evening clinic)..
Soak 30 mins in 3 rice bowls of water.. Brew.. Done liao pour out.. Cool the herbs and pot for 30 mins.. Add in 2.5 rice bowls of water and continue brewing.. Remember to mix the 2 brews of herbs.. After that than separate into 2 bowls.. Btw.. Pls use porcelain bowls.. Not plastic.. And don't use metal spoons.. I use those plastic/acrylic soup scoop to scoop the med..
This method of cooking is taught by Beauty & Health.. I just follow their instructions.. Hehe.. All in all takes about 2 hours to cook including all the soaking..

I got about $120 from Beauty & Health (TSB's evening clinic)..
Soak 30 mins in 3 rice bowls of water.. Brew.. Done liao pour out.. Cool the herbs and pot for 30 mins.. Add in 2.5 rice bowls of water and continue brewing.. Remember to mix the 2 brews of herbs.. After that than separate into 2 bowls.. Btw.. Pls use porcelain bowls.. Not plastic.. And don't use metal spoons.. I use those plastic/acrylic soup scoop to scoop the med..
This method of cooking is taught by Beauty & Health.. I just follow their instructions.. Hehe.. All in all takes about 2 hours to cook including all the soaking..
thx rachelt ;) y muz brew 2nd round n mix the herbs n separate to 2 bowls??
thot brew 1 time for today intake n 2nd time nxt day? i was nt been informed in such detailed on the boiling of herbs at ntu;(

thot brew 1 time for today intake n 2nd time nxt day? i was nt been informed in such detailed on the boiling of herbs at ntu;(
Ya.. 1 bowl for tonight the other bowl keep in fridge and warm up using a bowl of hot water with the cup in it.. 2 bowls for 2 days consumption.. Wed when i go over i go ask for the brewing instructions form.. than I'll post here.. How come NTU nvr teach u.. Chinatown will ask if I know how to brew on my first visit and the recept lady will teach you..

@blessedzn.. u mean u cook the cooked herbs and boil on day 2?.. wont "chao sng" meh?.. or u cook 1 packet a day?? very waste leh.. 1 pack can cook twice wor..

Last edited:
@blessedzn.. u mean u cook the cooked herbs and boil on day 2?.. wont "chao sng" meh?.. or u cook 1 packet a day?? very waste leh.. 1 pack can cook twice wor..
hhahaa i thot 1st day boil the herbs n drink n then second day add the water again n boil n then drink
i was told by ntu like that also can??!!
aiyo so scary what if i brew wrongly n drink?? do u think if i call up chinatown to ask them to clarify, w they help me since my records r nt there??!!

Rachelt's method is correct. Difference in the amount used is due to the amt of herbs given in 1 pkt. The water level must be able to cover the herbs while allowing it to soak.

hhahaa i thot 1st day boil the herbs n drink n then second day add the water again n boil n then drink
aiyo so scary what if i brew wrongly n drink?? do u think if i call up chinatown to ask them to clarify, w they help me since my records r nt there??!!
I dunno if you'll understand the explanation.. Wed I'll ask for the paper instructions.. Got picture and wordings.. Easier I think..

Blessedzn,

The reason for mixing the 2 brews is so that u get a balance concentration for both days. The first brew will be more concentrate than the 2nd brew usually.

Rachelt's method is correct. Difference in the amount used is due to the amt of herbs given in 1 pkt. The water level must be able to cover the herbs while allowing it to soak.
But @portia3.. I usually just use that amount of water.. I press my herbs down and usually covers all..

But @portia3.. I usually just use that amount of water.. I press my herbs down and usually covers all..
Then it's ok. I get a whole big pkt of herbs every time... i know of some patients who collect only $12 or $14 worth of herbs while i pay $18 or more for each pkt. Since the herbs are customised for individuals, i guess the volume of herbs differs too.

An tai yao from tsb usually more ex, ranging 18-18.50 per pkt.. today she was more chatty w me than usual n told me abt fann wong n other celebrity she seeing... dare not chat too long w her in case the ladies outside cursing n swearing at me..

Blessdzn

One packet of herbs pour into the pot. Add four bowls of water or enough to cover the herbs. Soak 20 mins n Start to brew. Once ok pour out the medicine. This is consider part 1.

Let the pot cool for ten mins then add in 3 1/2 bowl of water. Brew again. Once ready pour medicine into your part 1 med.

Part 1 and part 2 med mix together and pour into a bowl. The leftover med put in the fridge for tomorrow consumption.

Part 1 & 2 brewing done on same day.

Hope this help.

I bot mine from a med shop in hougang for about $120. I put in 3.5 bowls to 4 bowls of water... enuf to cover the herbs.

Next appt is on next Friday, then 11 august followed by 1 Sep....
hi portia, i stayed in hpigang. can i know which shop u hougang u bought e pot from? many thanks in advance :)

Back