Maid agency review

hui_xian

Dear Mummies,

I just wanted to share my recent experience engaging a new domestic helper from philipines. I search around looking for few maid agency, most of them are quite responsive and able to email the biodata for your consideration without going down to the office for further discussion. I find that this is quite a convenient arrangement especially for busy mummy. You only call the agent for further details if you keen with the maid that you reviewed.
Nowaday the agent charges is relatively high due to high demand and shortage of the maid, but i have this agent very understand my current situation, he willing to listen and try his best to hunt the suitable maid for you.
He is quite efficient, when i confirmed the maid that i want from him he process within two days and keep me update when the application approved. He also arrange someone to get sign on the documents to my door step it make me so convenient as a full time working mother.
He has 25 years experience in this industry and i am happy with his service. As for the quality of the maid, he is trying to recommend or give a suitable maid to you, you just list your requirement and email to him.
His charges is very much reasonable compared to others.
As for the quality of the maid, i can say the agent has done the very best and sometime is very difficult dealing with the human being. So far a few of friend got a good dear husband from him. I hope i m lucky like them also.
My maid will be joining me 28.8.12.
Anyone looking for good maid agency one more agency here for your consideration.
you may call Bernard @ 9824 7086. You may mentione Ms Teh recommend. I dont't earn any commission, i just want to compliment his service by post this thread in the forum.

Best regards,
HS

Hi Hui_xian, what is the name of this agency?

I'm urgently find for a maid to take care of my new born from november/dec onwards.

Pls PM me.

Hihi Queen Kay,

I am trying to pm you, but you do not accept pm. Please email me or msg me @ 9823 9286.

regards,
HS

People please don't approach A. Pratama Maid Agency at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre which is run by Desmond Phoon. Their services are really bad. If you have any issues with maids, they will side with the maids.

SIGH ! looking for a good maid is challenging and straining
sad.gif

anyone got good maid agency to recommend, please pm me. please. thanks!

SIGH ! looking for a good maid is challenging and straining
sad.gif

anyone got good maid agency to recommend, please pm me. please. thanks!

I got my Myanmar maid from Eelit placement agency at Katong. I called a few to check on prices and her fee came in 2nd cheapest. I didn't proceed with the cheapest agency i found cos they dun allow me to interview the maids. I have to make decision based on the biodata... crazy approach. Anyway, the agent who serve me is Sherly. Recommended to my brothers and a few friends. They got their maids thru her as well, no complains so far. Her contact is 82227346.

just got my Filipino maid from L V maid agency, runs by the husband and wife. their services is good, and I feel comfortable when I talked to them as they dun just push whatever transfer maid they have but they really listen and understand my family situation ( as we really have few bad experienced from those" big" agency!) and recommend me the right maid which fit with my criteria. my maid just arrived last week, and its a great help to me as I hv 2 kids,i am so happy that they are able to expediting the whole process for me...

Had very awful (probably it's understatement) experience with Greatlink Employment Agency at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre. They anyhow stuff un-qualified maids to us! ... consider the stress that our family has to endure in 1 year changing 3 maids and now back to no maid!

Also - for new employers, don't trust whatever past experience the agent put down on their CVs.... most are just BS!

We have had a fantastic experience with Universal Employment agency at Marine parade. The staff there were extemely helpful - Amber in particular. I moved to Singapore in December'13 when I was in my second trimester of pregnancy. I contacted Amber in Jan. She took down all my requirements and sent me perfect shortlists... when i looked at them, i was tempted to hire them all. Anyway long story short, we got our helper home in march and she joined us when I was admitted in the hospital for my delivery. She adapted very quickly to our house. She was being told about our situation at home well in advance by Amber. and till date i keep getting regular calls from the agency enquiring about our helper's performance and if we have any issues etc... the after service has been truly exceptional

I had a very bad experience with this maid agency ->"KenXXXgton". Their maids are not committed as they were taught to request to go back agency as and when they feel like it (even if they made mistakes or their work is not up to satisfaction). Employer is made to pay for all documentations for the replacement maid & to topup/start loan all over again! The maid simply made up fake reasons to return agency/transfer out and then ask for higher salary in her next new employer. The maid and agency profited at the expense of the poor employer. The maid has nothing to lose and the agency profited the agency fee 2nd time by re-market her to next new employer!

Beware.

Hi, I'm about to hire a transfer maid from this agency whom I have interviewed just yesterday. Did your maid return to the agency just recently? Possible to share more details? I just hope that I'm not hiring your previous maid....

my maid is from Faith employment agency. she is such a great help to my family. takes very good care of my daughter.patient and very willing to learn attitude.
the boss monica personally interviews all her maids personally and she recommended this helper to me and its great choice.

i highly recommend her and all my gfs that took from her also said the maids super.
and i like her agency because they are very fair type. not those type of agencies that charge the maid high loan deduction which i think is unfair as the recent hype now on papers show how alot of unethical agencies charge employer $1 and put the load on the maid which i feel is terrible.

hope u mummies manage to get a good maid from her too

monica 64471636

Anyone of you mummies have bad experiences with maid and agencies helped you to resolve and find a replacement one fast?

If so, care to share the agency names here? I know a lot of them will be ok with you before you sign up but once problems come, they are not so corporative.

i wld recommend Faith Employment Agency.
Although my helper is good and i did not have any problems but 1 of my gf took a maid from her and the maid gave some problems( lazy. for example- her express breast milk, baby did not finish but she just throw away and say baby finish etc), my gf brought her down and this agency bothers to counsel the maid and the maids all really v scared of her. its amazing. and she went back and became good alr.
she is not those typical agency keep encouraging transfer or whatever just to earn money.
she told us her reputation is most impt and thats why she always wants maid to complete contract. so my gf and i found her service very good. and her reputation on MOM website also shows her maid has high rentention rates.
monica 64471636

Hi,

i would like to start off by saying i am not an employment agency. just recommending an agency that i thought is good.

Took a maid from this agency 4 months back. Small office but personalised services. Not those bigger branches where it is too sales oriented and pushing me to simply take a maid from them. Took time to understand my needs (elderly mum) and made recommendation which i think suit my needs.

Current maid is hardworking. Only drawback is sometimes i need to repeat a few times as she is a little slow. Good thing she is attentive.

The agency that i took from informed me that if i find her service good to recommend more frds. And she will give them a discount. Anyone needs a reliable maid agency contact can email me at [email protected] or sms me at 87174414 (Not sure how much discount can get though as she never mention, but i think should be reasonable)

Never ever hire any maids from DA*S Services.. This is top level fraud agency.. They keep all crap maids and keep transferring them among new customers to keep their business running. They never honor their replacement clause and keep arranging few fake interviews to show they trying to provide replacement maid and nudge maids not to join old customers so that they can earn fresh commission from new client.
I ended up losing my $2000 as maid ran away and sat in agency after 5 months saying she cant cope up with work. She did this after harassing us for 5 months where she was doing everything opposite of what was told to her. We got tired of repeatedly telling her to wash utensils clean and most of times something or other was found stuck on plates or bowls. Maid would keep busy with phone half of day and had no time left for cleaning and sweeping. Half of time she was just only sweeping house as had no time left for mopping. She kept asking help for recipes even after 5 months of cooking same dish and moment someone steps in to help her, she would disappear in her room to chat on whats-app so that person who came to help should cook by himself / herself. She was such a sl*t, my mom saw her drinking water and placing the unwashed glass with washed utensils so we were not sure if she was doing that always behind our back. And then we are a family of 5, she was eating half portion of food and rest of us were eating other half. OMG, I have never ever seen some one eating so much in my life. I will bring a full packet bread, it'll be over very next day most of times, & this besides normal meals that creep was eating.
Then one fine day, the maid ran way & sat in Da*s services, saying she cant cope up work. And this sham agency arranged only 3 interviews after much threat and perusal though we asked for replacement immediately 1 month after arrival of maid after seeing her stupid ways. Later agency says they have no more maid. We offered job to all 3 maids and none are ready to join us. And agency's washing hands saying they cant force maids to join. So in a sense we have lost our commission and agency can happily place such maids to other unsuspecting customers. Worse that maid failed to get job anywhere and demanded to go back home so we had no choice but buy one way ticket for Philippines. That's called day light robbery!
My advice: Never ever hire any maid from D*ANS Services.. This agency is a real fraud and your maid for sure will leave u in couple of months like it happened with us. Avoid this agency like a plague!

You can try I.Deal employment , look for Sam 96719719 @ Jurong/ clement area. My family got 2 maids from him lately, so far so good. What I like is he let you speak to maid and will not interfer with your interviews. He does handover to your door step also.

Bad Maid Agency to Avoid - 12* Employment Agency at Katong Shopping Centre (agent CinXX)

Had a very bad experience with 12* Employment Agency.

They sided with the bad maid who kicked my 3yo son (in the morning before he went to the childcare centre) and ran away from my home to the agency. Bad after-sales service. Only cared about $$$ CinXX asked me when we were going to give her the cheque for the replacement maid when I called her to say the Myanmar maid ran away (she ran away when my mum was cooking in the kitchen!) In the end, we asked for a refund. It dragged its feet to give us the refund.

This 12* Employment Agency was known as Sunway Employment Pte Ltd in the past but its licence was revoked by MOM. Refer to the link below.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/~/media/mom/d...gencies/revoked-employment-agencies.pdf?la=en

Last edited:
I have taken couple of maids from Promaids for 10 years. Honestly, they have provided exclusive service. If you are interested, you can pm me. Cheers

Just sharing my experience with a Maid agency called U & D located at yishun near Chong pang. Owner and boss is Filipino woman.

Once you select and pay for the Maid, the follow ups are extremely poor. You have to call them up yourself for updates, and she would try her best to not to pick up your call if she knows your number. Whatever she says is also a lie. Was told the Maid was coming in 2 weeks, but I was stranded for almost 1 month, and was yelled at by her for "chasing" her, even got threatened that she won't process the application for me if I continue to call her! I had to change different phones to get her to pick up our calls when she had promised to get back in days. Also lie about many other stuff but too tired to elaborate here.

Horrible service and follow through, worst experience and stressing period for my whole family. Regretted going to her agency, and I hope no one will suffer the same as us.

Hi, has anyone tried Innova resource maid agency before? I'm currently trying to get a Myanmar package from them but haven't yet sign

Please avoid CMS Maid Agency.

According to the owner of the agency, it is a relatively new agency.

At first, the agent sounds and seems sincere. Pro-active in finding us a maid and even went one step further to lend us a transferred maid to test if the maid is suitable for us. The transferred maid has attitude problem and further counselling from the agent, there were no changes on the part of the maid. Hence, the agent came and lend us another transferred maid again to try out.

Looking at how helpful and proactive the agent was, we decide to sign up with her and paid for the agent fee. The 2nd transferred maid was slightly better though still require counselling from the agent. We applied for the maid work permit and paid the agency the full loan amount, administration fee, insurance, etc.

This is when it all begins. The maid was still giving us attitude issues. We call the agent, no help was given. The maid stole from us. We called the agent, still no help. Promise to come over to help counsel. Did not turn up. Call her handphone, she hung us up. Called her office. She is always not in and only her staff are answering the phone.

One thing i can conclude. The agent just wants your business and $$. When problem arise, they shun away. Avoid you, avoid your calls and just leave her staff who can't make any deision to entertain you.

We have since returned the maid to the agency and are still facing issues with the agency in getting the refund back. They are trying to delay paying us the maid loan, etc as long as the maid is not transferred out. Worse of all, her maid stole from us and yet they still want to transfer such dishonest maid to another family. This is so unethical.

Sometimes Christians shop placing a big cross in their shops but do not live out the values in contrast to shops run by Buddhists. It is really a disgrace. Was particularly disappointed today at this ASSURED employment maid agency shop in basement level of katong shopping center. Obviously, there is no assurance and a sense of sneakiness coming from the phone call made by the staff to her boss Stephen/ (sounds like Steven) who seldom appears at the agency according to his staff. We put the phone on speaker mode and he kept silent and then asked me to pass the phone back to his staff. We requested a pre-employment normal medical test for the transferred helper which we will pay for it , as a piece of mind as we have a child and we spent hours doing the interview and paperwork which at the last stage a call made by the staff to her boss and he said no medical test he will do and he will not take up this business. He refused to hear our concerns and straightaway told the staff to turn down the business. How disappointed the helper was , the look on her face. In fact, the CRS shop ran by Buddhist upstairs did the test for us and the 2months transferred helper X-ray failed and the agency just refunded us the deposit and even tried to treat her with 10 days antibiotics but she still failed the test and the agency paid for her ticket home. We wanted to give them business again but alas they have no suitable new or transferred helpers for months. This ASSURED agency who has a Christian boss obviously tied down so deeply by money the fact that no medical test risk he would want to take. His helper has only 1.5months loan compared to the one at CRS who fail the test having 6 months loan. What a disgrace! We would not have any future business dealings with this owner to avoid any unforeseen circumstances should they arise as customers interest are not his concerns and I would strongly advise the others not to get helpers from ASSURED employment services too.

Avoid at all cost!!
LA employment maid agency- license # 94C4891. The agent - ang, hp 9651 3635 is agent from hell.
Total horror never replies. Dont remember any of our request , kept delaying. Never explain contract properly, no follow up. Bad attitude. Even spell salary wrongly. He should be out of the industry. My mum almost had another stroke from this experience. If you are tired of living, then perhaps give it a shot. You die faster from jumping off the roof.

Pls avoid Maids Central at Serangoon. Horrible experience, they gave me a mismatch, dragged my refund and charged me for the logding and food. Then charged me for that kept the maid there for weeks and charged me. The agent Mr Tan forced me to sign a letter else he refused to return my refund. Of course I have lodged a complaint against them. But really please avoid. Not denying its so difficult to find a good one. Sigh.

Hi Mummies

I just want to share my very bad experience with this maid agency and this maid from indonesia.

this maid agency called SINGAPORE MAID HUB PTE LTD at katong

I engaged them this year april to hire a maid from indonesia, The maid called ATIN SUPRIATIN. This maid has very bad attitude and come to replacing new maid we had very bad experience with this agency.

We find this maid really cmi and we ask to change maid, this agency keep pushing want to talk to this maid and after talking with this maid, the agent also admit that this maid has attitude problem but when we ask to replace new maid, it took super long. The agent keeps on telling us due to hari raya they do not have any new data and after waiting and pushing them for 6weeks, new maids data she gave us do not have experience in taking care baby and do not have working experience in overseas. Cut the long story short after 10weeks this maid herself requested to be returned to agency and we told the agent we really can’t keep this maid and the agent ask us to pay for her lodging fee for $20 per day until she find a new employer and the agent did tell us she has been market this maid and none of their clients want. End up we utilised the maid until 6 momths and we return her back to indonesia.

I am sharing this because i do not want others to experience the same as me, as this journey has been very stressful to staying with someone who has attitude problem and the attitude of ‘do not want to work’ and i have a baby at home and we also afraid if anything happen to our baby.

Name: Ei Zar Lwin

Fin: G8517264L

We got this Myanmar maid Ei Zar Lwin from Oneclick Employment LLP agency. Julie (Agent from Oneclick) keep on telling us that due to mismatch and communication barrier of previous agencies that why Ei Zar Lwin had 6 employment record. Myanmar agent even asked her to write a letter in black and white stating that she will work 2 years this time and plead that we can give her a opportunity. Due to agency recommendation and promises by the maid, we soft-hearted and listen to them and gave her a chance to work for us.

She started work on 24 Nov 2018. On 6 Jan 2019 afternoon, she told us she want to go home due to she homesick, we asked and spoke to her and no reason was given. We were totally shocked by her irresponsible behaviour.

On 6th Jan evening, We called the maid agency (Joey) to inform them that shes homesick and want to go back. Agent Joey from Oneclick spoke to her and she never listen. Joey asked Myanmar agent Lai Lai to call and spoke to her and she shouted back and I couldn’t understand what they were talking about. Afterwhich Ei Zar Lwin spoke to her mum also. According to Myanmar agent Lai Lai, they are very poor and owe a lot of money and totally no money to pay and in debt. Ei Zar Lwin previous bad record of 6 employers which mostly is only 1 month and she never even completed a single contract, max is 6 months. Oneclick asked us to give her a chance as previously she cant think and immature and after the last employment, she went back for 3 months and she got no money and in debt and want to come Singapore to work and earn money again. Through hardsales by Oneclick we decided to give her a chance and end up she worked 1 month like this.

On 7 Jan 2019, as advised by Oneclick Joey, she came to our place and 3 of us bring Ei Zar Lwin back to Onceclick at Chinatown. The boss Angela Toh spoke to her infront of us and she say want to go back. In total me and my husband, Singapore agent Angela and Joey, Myanmar agent Lai Lai and Ei Za Lwin own mother spoke to her and yet her attitude is bad and rude and insist of going back. Totally no reason. Its really very bad and shocking experience for us as our family treat her very well.

We hope the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) can help to address our concerns.
Coming to Singapore to work is not a game or holiday. Committed for a 2 years contract is really a not a joke and got to treat a contract seriously. Its not by working a month and what agency do is give 2 replacement and we have to pay again. Its really waste of time, money and efforts. Maids who work less than a year and do not complete their two-year contract should be investigated further. For maids who worked less than 2 years and went back is categized as Ex Sing maid and expectation is demanding. Is it even fair for employers than?

For such records of 7 employers, their mindset is keep changing and not here to work at all. This is really unfair for the employers. Oneclick also never explain the consequences of breaking a contract in Sg to Ei Zar Lwin, to maids , they don’t even know whats is a contract of 2 years means and whats the amount of debt you are owing and how important of signing a contract means. Angela (Boss of Oneclick) only told us that if she want to go back, we cant do anything… The thing we wish to emphasize is if in the first place, with her previous of 6 employment record, the agent in Myanmar and Oneclick should have explain to her that it’s the 7th employment in Sg and how important it is and let the maid decide and emphasize on that. Not by allowing her come over and work merely a month and going back like this.

Can the MOM can put a stop to this? What regulations does it have to protect employers from malpractice and unprofessional maid agencies?

Hi Mummies

I just want to share my very bad experience with this maid agency and this maid from indonesia.

this maid agency called SINGAPORE MAID HUB PTE LTD at katong

I engaged them this year april to hire a maid from indonesia, The maid called ATIN SUPRIATIN. This maid has very bad attitude and come to replacing new maid we had very bad experience with this agency.

We find this maid really cmi and we ask to change maid, this agency keep pushing want to talk to this maid and after talking with this maid, the agent also admit that this maid has attitude problem but when we ask to replace new maid, it took super long. The agent keeps on telling us due to hari raya they do not have any new data and after waiting and pushing them for 6weeks, new maids data she gave us do not have experience in taking care baby and do not have working experience in overseas. Cut the long story short after 10weeks this maid herself requested to be returned to agency and we told the agent we really can’t keep this maid and the agent ask us to pay for her lodging fee for $20 per day until she find a new employer and the agent did tell us she has been market this maid and none of their clients want. End up we utilised the maid until 6 momths and we return her back to indonesia.

I am sharing this because i do not want others to experience the same as me, as this journey has been very stressful to staying with someone who has attitude problem and the attitude of ‘do not want to work’ and i have a baby at home and we also afraid if anything happen to our baby.

Hello Lily,

I was under the same issue, and I noticed your date of posting was around the same date when I had issues with my helper. I am using this agency and they also mentioned the same thing.

I just want to caution everyone else who are hiring through this agency, i have took 2 helpers from them within 1 year and both have fake working experiences i.e the first helper claimed she had worked 2 years in child caring and actually she only had 6 months and ran away from previous employer in another country. This helper confessed to me. Another helper which we are stuck with, also fabricated her experience and has big attitude problem (she only worked as catering assistance) but she claimed to have child care experience.

We wanted to lodge police report and complain to MoM but the agency is persuading us not to do it as the maid did not commit any criminal breach.

Beware of Spring Helper Consultancy in the East, at Roxy Plaza. This maid agent is extremely cunning & money minded, who is only keen to transfer helpers for extra profit at the expense of the employer who had suffered so much monetary loss in engaging their poor quality of helpers. This agent failed to practise what’s stated in the employment contract, the clause where a helper needs to give 30 days’ notice in lieu of payment if she decides to terminate the contract early. As I failed to remember this clause during my negotiation with the agent, (since I signed the contract way back in April), they took advantage of my carelessness by cunningly remaining silent about it until I naively authorised the transfer of the helper to a new employer. It was only after the transfer was done, I remembered about this clause, but the agent refuses to refund me the notice sum. If this is a responsible agent, they would have notified me about this clause during our negotiation, since the agreement was drafted by the agent themselves, (for the employment contract between helper & me). By right, the agent is representing both the employer & the helper, so they must be non-bias towards any party, yet this agent is very pro helper. Because with every successful transfer, there is more profits to reap. The whole negotiation session really opens my eyes to see how this agent bend themselves backwards in giving in to the helper just for the extra profit, without considering the plight of the employer's loss of a large sum of money in hiring a helper from them who only worked 4 days with me! Avoid this scheming agent at all cost!! Just to add on, their POEA processing fee is way higher than average quoted by many other agencies. I made the mistake of not doing research for comparison before engaging this agent. So be careful there might be hidden costs in their fees schedule. On the surface, their service fee seems reasonable, but in reality, extra costs may be hidden in other charges. The painful lesson I learnt here is before transferring a helper, make sure u scrutinise every clause of the contract, else cunning agent like this one takes advantage of unsuspecting customers.

Don’t ever go to Network Employment agency, they are under the same boss as Greatlink employment agency and Great employment agency.

The stress that our family had to endure over the last 1 year with 3 problematic maid. I realised that there are numbers of similar victims that was being conned by this agency in the same way. Their maid are not qualified.
Why isn’t MOM doing anything to these unethical agency.

Attachments

• 80FF2D01-C881-4334-AD57-AE7CF78DBD59.png
    80FF2D01-C881-4334-AD57-AE7CF78DBD59.png
    675.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 1B076426-2E55-4771-BD13-12596A9F81E1.png
    1B076426-2E55-4771-BD13-12596A9F81E1.png
    972.8 KB · Views: 145
  • B2EE427E-A4D0-449A-AD9F-06F2AB3C2084.png
    B2EE427E-A4D0-449A-AD9F-06F2AB3C2084.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
My experience with Swift @ Bedok, with the Agent was disappointing.

It was our first time hiring a maid, and we've decided to go with the interview Agent recommended this FDW, whom she pitched as someone who's good in English and loves kids.
Before the interview, we asked the Agent why the FDW left the current employer. We were replied with "Employer had stopped working and decided not to hire a maid" we later learned that it wasn't the case from the FDW herself. After the whole incident we felt this was inappropriate after recounting how the FDW told us herself that her last employer wanted to send her back initially.

The interview went alright, and after agreeing that we'll hire the FDW, we received a couple of phone calls pushing for payment (4 times) and multiple text messages such as "Because I want her to be taken by my own customer as of now she is open and can be taken by my other colleagues".
This kinda irked us as we found her pushy, and we were pretty busy that day; the amount ($3500) was transferred that evening.

The FDW was with us for around 7 months, we found her performance acceptable the first 3 months but it all went downhill after (perhaps that's why her previous employer did not want her).
After 7 months passed, we discussed with the FDW she decided to terminate her employment. We contacted the agent on the FDW's decision and enquired about the necessary procedures for sending her back to the agency.
We gave the agent feedback regarding the FDW's poor performance and we were replied with an "ok".
She guided us through the forms, and we were asked to make a payment of $420 for the FDW's 21 days worth of accommodation and food. We transferred the FDW to the agency along with the forms, and payment was made on that day.
Additionally, we asked her to send us bio data of replacement maids.

On the 21th day after sending the FDW back to the agency, we texted the agent on the update for the FDW's re-employment. We were told that she hadn't found an employer yet. We then told her that we will be canceling her permit and received a reply, "But she still wants to work".
We were pretty annoyed by that reply since the agent hasn't texted us nor called us at any point within these 21 days regarding our new replacement request or the ex-FDW's transfer. FYI, it was radio silence for 21 days. We then told her that we were firm on canceling the work permit and asked her to arrange for a driver to send the FDW to the airport.
A total amount of $340 was paid to the agency for transport/PCR test/lodging. We specifically requested the agent to provide an update of a photo of the FDW once she reach the airport on that day.
It was hours past that flight departure, and we did not receive any update. We had to call and text the agent before she sent us the confirmation that the FDW has departed.

I'm okay to be charged fees or even a premium for a fair exchange of service. However, I definitely feel like this was a session of value extraction from the agent, the prompt response we receive were only for payment requests.
That's why we decided to forfeit our agent fees and look for a better service.

Back