Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Hi sea turtle, I have been to the Eu REN Sheng seeing the other Chinese physician. Only went for 2 months coz is too expensive. One visit is easily $150 for one week medicine.

I drinking lots of ginger water to force it out. Yeah is coming out now. Wish it comes out all at one go then tummy will not be bloated n uncomfortable. If tmrw no presentation, sure take leave to rest at home.

Felt that workplace can try to ask my collegue to step down from her post after her babies are in ICU. Sum how also feel the company dun value you.

Hey Jude, dun give up. Faith n praying is super impt.
I have went thru so much before getting my baby too. 2 miscarriages is no joke.
Now having bad menses cramps plus a presentation tmrw.
Frankly I hate time of the month. It jus drains me out both mentally n physically.

Wish to have a 2nd one n at least can spare from the pain :)

Hi hi Sunbelle!
Wow at least you have a child.. Me till now.. i dunno if i can ever have a bb liao..
Next week i'm checkin with gynae to see if i do not need the (Treatment) ->stop menses thingy.
He will check n see if any growth inside.. if all is good.. my IVF will start when next menses is here in July 2014.

But he did mentioned.. pple with endo has less 10% of chance comparing to tothers.. :(

Hey ladies,

I'm 23 years old new Endometriosis patient. I had really bad menses around July 2013. And, I went for a doctor's appointment after multiple times of painful menses, at around January 2014.

Then, doctor found out that I have Endometriosis, and I've performed a Laparoscopy on March 2014.
Though I'm this young, I am a married woman, and I'm blessed to have gotten married this young, knowing that I may be infertile in the future.

Doctor suggested me to take birth control pills, which its brand is Yasmin.
He also suggested me to conceive as soon as possible since Laparoscopy also "cleans the room" for the baby, and also made it easier to conceive (I think he said this).
But, me and hubby are planning to conceive next year instead. What if my Endo comes back during that time? Do I have to perform another surgery? I'm really worried since I'm new to this.
All goes well now, but I'm wondering if I must take birth control pills for the rest of my life as birth control pills have so many side effects.
Any ideas? I need some help here. Thanks, ladies! :D

Hi I think it's best to try conception now rather than next year to reap the benefits of a cleansed womb, and conception does also help to prevent endo from making a come back.

I think waiting till next year would be a risk that endo will grow back. That would be quite troublesome. May have to go for lap or go for expensive Grnh jabs to inhibit endo etc.

Does it mean that, conception may be able to prevent endometriosis from coming back?
As in, a chance for it to be permanently gone? I'm a little confused.
After giving birth, do I still need to keep consuming birth control pills?

Thanks for the advice.
I have no choice but to only conceive next year.
This year is a no no for me. Both me and my hubby aren't ready for this.
And, I had no choice but to do the surgery 4 months back. My menses were too painful for me to handle.
Sigh. The timings are just ain't right for me.

:(

Does it mean that, conception may be able to prevent endometriosis from coming back?
As in, a chance for it to be permanently gone? I'm a little confused.
After giving birth, do I still need to keep consuming birth control pills?

Thanks for the advice.
I have no choice but to only conceive next year.
This year is a no no for me. Both me and my hubby aren't ready for this.
And, I had no choice but to do the surgery 4 months back. My menses were too painful for me to handle.
Sigh. The timings are just ain't right for me.

:(

I am not sure if conception prevents endo from coming back permanently. I think it's more of a delay tactic. Depending on body type and also other factors like stress, diet, estrogen level etc endo may come back.

For pple w endo conception is slightly trickier so it's not like can turn it on and off like healthy wombs. The longer one delay the higher the chance it will grow back. My fren gynae said endo tends to attract the swimmers and also cause blockage in the tubes which will affect fertility.

Maybe u n hubby can discuss again? Cos body cannot wait but the rest can wait. And we are in second half of the year so technically not far off from next year. I used to wait too, in the end have to pay a high cost and time/efforts of treatment n alternative fertility programs. Just my two cents lah. It could be different for u cos ur age is an advantage.

I am not sure if conception prevents endo from coming back permanently. I think it's more of a delay tactic. Depending on body type and also other factors like stress, diet, estrogen level etc endo may come back.

For pple w endo conception is slightly trickier so it's not like can turn it on and off like healthy wombs. The longer one delay the higher the chance it will grow back. My fren gynae said endo tends to attract the swimmers and also cause blockage in the tubes which will affect fertility.

Maybe u n hubby can discuss again? Cos body cannot wait but the rest can wait. And we are in second half of the year so technically not far off from next year. I used to wait too, in the end have to pay a high cost and time/efforts of treatment n alternative fertility programs. Just my two cents lah. It could be different for u cos ur age is an advantage.

Ohh, yeah.. I just read some posts here. Doctor explained saying that my menses backflows to my ovaries, thus blocking the eggs from producing. And, through my online research, skinny people are usually the ones getting endo. Maybe I'm just too skinny for my age. Sigh..

Actually, I just knew about my situation not too long ago, so I was a little confused and don't know what to do first. Haha! But I've started taking supplements like multivitamin with folic acid. Are there any supplements which I shouldn't take in? I researched online regarding supplements. Apparently, it's better to take in supplements 1 year before planning for conceptions. I read posts here saying I cannot eat dang gui, ba Zhen, baifengwan. Will folic acid affect though?

I know where your advice getting into. That's what I'm worried about too. The cost of treatments and fertility program. I'll check with my doctor on August for half-yearly checkup first before I make decisions in whether or not I should conceive this year or next.

Any suggestion as to which doctor in sg is good with endo cases? Because, my doctor is in Malaysia. Thanks for the advice though! Really appreciate to have someone to guide me.

Last edited:
Interesting that skinny pple get endo. The pple I know of who have endo including myself are on the skinny side too lol.

There are quite a few good gynaes around, I just name a few for your reference:

1.dr peter chew (my gynae) at gleneagles - experienced gynae esp w endo but slightly pricy.

2. Dr yap lip Kee - mt Elizabeth. I like his logical style of explaining things clearly to u.

3. Dr Loh SF - head at Thomson fertility center. He treated my fren endo as well n prob more holistic in nature as he specializes in fertility.

There are many other gynaes who are good oso u can oso do a search :). All the best!

Not sure oso but I do notice that pple with more body fat tend to get PCOS but it's not a certainty as well.

Think it will help ttc if ladies hv more muscle tone vis a vis fats :)

It's the PCOS that makes people easier to put on weight. My sister has PCOS and she used to be as skinny as me. Haha.
She's reaching her due date soon even though she has PCOS. Happy for her. It's really hard to get pregnant with PCOS and previously had ovarian cysts. So yeah.

I still think skinny people tends to get Endo though. Not sure. Haha!

Hi everyone,

I'm a 32 year old SAHM to my 5 year old daughter.

I went for my annual pap smear and ultrasound earlier this year, and expected everything to be normal as usual. However, the ultrasound revealed a 2cm endometriotic cyst on my right ovary :( Since I had no prior symptoms and my husband and I are not planning for a second child, my gynae put me on the combined oral contraceptive pill for six months. Apparently, the pill helps slow down disease progression in some women, but not all. I'm due for another scan in Sep/Oct, and then depending on the size of the endometrioma, I may require a laparoscopy.

Although my scan is about three months away, I'm terrified I may need a lap. I'm terrified of surgery and anaesthesia. I'm scared I won't wake up from surgery or the drs will open me and see endo everywhere or I will take the side effects very badly. I was put under when I was 18 to remove four wisdom teeth and the dizziness and nausea I experienced upon waking up was absolutely horrible. And that was just a thirty minute surgery.

I'm sure many of you brave ladies have gone through laps, some more than once. Was it ok for you?? Were you put on any hormonal meds after surgery (if you are not trying for a baby)? Also, any of you had endometriomas and did they recur?

P.S. I'm underweight, so maybe there's some truth skinny people are prone to endo :(

Hi everyone,

I went for my annual pap smear and ultrasound earlier this year, and expected everything to be normal as usual. However, the ultrasound revealed a 2cm endometriotic cyst on my right ovary :( Since I had no prior symptoms and my husband and I are not planning for a second child, my gynae put me on the combined oral contraceptive pill for six months. Apparently, the pill helps slow down disease progression in some women, but not all. I'm due for another scan in Sep/Oct, and then depending on the size of the endometrioma, I may require a laparoscopy.

Although my scan is about three months away, I'm terrified I may need a lap. I'm terrified of surgery and anaesthesia. I'm scared I won't wake up from surgery or the drs will open me and see endo everywhere or I will take the side effects very badly. I was put under when I was 18 to remove four wisdom teeth and the dizziness and nausea I experienced upon waking up was absolutely horrible. And that was just a thirty minute surgery.

I'm sure many of you brave ladies have gone through laps, some more than once. Was it ok for you?? Were you put on any hormonal meds after surgery (if you are not trying for a baby)? Also, any of you had endometriomas and did they recur?

P.S. I'm underweight, so maybe there's some truth skinny people are prone to endo :(

Hi kitty like you I was also scared of the anaesthesia too but I went ahead cos needed to remove it for ttc either natural or IVF. It's a relatively short op and for me the side effects not that bad. But do make sure u take the anti drowsy or vomit pills to ensure u stave off the side effects. I went home on that day after the op.

Cos it's a key hole surgery so I think the pain subsided pretty quickly within 3 days. I was able to walk around from 2nd or 3 rd day onwards.

It be good to do a check if gynae recommended it. See how ur scan is ok :)

Hi everyone,

Dont worry. I have been through lap before and it is really a painless surgery. Its my first surgery in life...and i have so much fear like you before entering the OT. But eventually it is amazingly painless. I am trying for a baby then therefore my doc did not put me on any hormones jab. I went for TCM after the ops...apparently it is said that can help to prevent the endo from coming back. Ever since then, my menses flow is much lesser and the cramp is so mild. I should have done this ops much earlier and younger...as i always suffer in bad cramps during menses.

Hi kittyminky,

My check up for the cervix was okie. CA125 is 109. Normal is 35. Compared to year 2011, the reading is 690. Sort of got improvement. But discovered that the drainage of cyst seems back. My endometric cyst of 6cm is back. Interestingly is the Gynae say he not sure left or right. Seems to be in the centre. yeah he gave me option to try naturally for few months or go cystomy to take it out completely.

Seriously, I m thinking of goin for lap to get it out once n for all. Yeah but the Gynae say have to plan for care for my kid , work planning n checking with insurance. I m really tempted to settle once n for all. But work is super busy this mth n next month. So thinking of giving ourselves 2 mths to try n if dun get Peggie, go for lap.

Dun wan office people to know. Intend it take some leave over a public holiday. I dun like my office people keep on gossiping about me .

Hi mango yoyo,

Like u I have cyst, so painful menses. Do u think if rest for only 4 days can go back to work huh?

Hi all, does anyone know if there is any concern if stim jabs are only jabbed at one side? My left is sore n blue black after first jab so have been jabbing on the right for the past few days. TIA!

Hi everyone,

Hi, depending on the size of the cyst, u may not have to remove it. Unless the endo is giving u bad side effects or size gets bigger, it's safer to remove. My doc say cyst may be cancerous although v low chance. I did a lap once and relatively painless.

Thanks so much ladies for all your replies!

Seaturtle, mangoyoyo, tsf0205, I'm glad all your laps went well! I'm a scaredy-cat and very kiasi, so am terrified of any kind of medical procedure.

sunbelle, you mentioned your cyst is back. So you had it removed before? Was it excision or drainage? I read endo cysts have a high chance of recurring, sigh. I took a CA125 test, results were normal. Besides being a marker for ovarian cancer, does the CA125 help "measure" the severity of endo?

tsf0205, yes, my gynae told me since the cyst is 2cm, it's considered small (although when I looked at a ruler 2cm seems huge for a cyst), and told me to wait till 5cm before removing it. So I guess lap is inevitable, since eventually the cyst will reach 5cm :(

Hi mango yoyo,

Like u I have cyst, so painful menses. Do u think if rest for only 4 days can go back to work huh?

Sunbelle i dont think 4days is enough. At least a wk will be good. There will be 2 cut at the womb area. Though i dont feel any pain. Have to do review to see if the wound heal well 1 wk post ops. I can fully understand your difficulties to be away from busy work schedule and do not want to have questions by colleagues why do this lap and blah blah all kinds of questions. I only told my boss and my team that i am going for ops. I got them to keep a secret. The rest of the colleagues thought i went for holiday:)

I mean after Lap. There is no need for bed rest right :)
Thats my first ops in life so i so kiasi. I try to walk less but didnt do strict bed rest. Just Try not to walk too much will do. I drank fish essence to let the wound heal fast. To me 2nd wk is bonus rest. First wk is essential as the wound is healing.

Thanks so much ladies for all your replies!

Seaturtle, mangoyoyo, tsf0205, I'm glad all your laps went well! I'm a scaredy-cat and very kiasi, so am terrified of any kind of medical procedure.

sunbelle, you mentioned your cyst is back. So you had it removed before? Was it excision or drainage? I read endo cysts have a high chance of recurring, sigh. I took a CA125 test, results were normal. Besides being a marker for ovarian cancer, does the CA125 help "measure" the severity of endo?

tsf0205, yes, my gynae told me since the cyst is 2cm, it's considered small (although when I looked at a ruler 2cm seems huge for a cyst), and told me to wait till 5cm before removing it. So I guess lap is inevitable, since eventually the cyst will reach 5cm :(

My cyst is ard 2cm when its was removed. Think it has been there for donkey yrs...it may affect your fertility if u r ttc. Better to get rid of it if you r ttc. I ever took.CA125 test before i know i have endo. Its not accurate. Its just hormones level changes. I did 2x. First result is above the avg. Then retest back to normal. Shock me to death...thought i have ovarian cancer!!
Then i start seeing my current gynae and he told me unless u are using to measure cancer severity. Endo can only be detect via scan and lap. Dont worry...lap is such a painless surgery its the anesthetic that is making me uncomfortable aft ops. :)

Hi kitty minky, yes, as long as we have menses, the cysts can reoccur anytime as we have menses.
Yeah last time done lap is 2009. That time got 2 cysts which is smaller but more painful.

Hi mangoyoyo, another reason why I dun wan to take long hospitsation leave cos company use this to give lesser PB.
but the tin is I m not on very good terms with immediate boss- jus normal working relationship. Yeah think I will probably tell them so that can go in peace n for resting. Yes that day when nurse called me to say ask me to go KK fast fast n I ask her for reading, she dun wan to reveal. I oso tot ovarian cancer scared me too.

Hi everyone,

Dont worry. I have been through lap before and it is really a painless surgery. Its my first surgery in life...and i have so much fear like you before entering the OT. But eventually it is amazingly painless. I am trying for a baby then therefore my doc did not put me on any hormones jab. I went for TCM after the ops...apparently it is said that can help to prevent the endo from coming back. Ever since then, my menses flow is much lesser and the cramp is so mild. I should have done this ops much earlier and younger...as i always suffer in bad cramps during menses.

Hey kittyminky and mangoyoyo!

I did my lap surgery 3 months back, but I stayed in hospital for a night so that I can claim my insurance. Haha! But, lap is considered as a minor surgery. My doctor do the same surgery for a frequent amount of times per day.

I am so happy that I did it. My menses are painless now. I was in so much pain, almost fainted, bad bad stomach cramps and I couldn't even breathe! All I could do was just to sit on my bed. Blood isn't flowing out. No matter what menses pills or painkillers I consume, I just can't take away the pain. I'm glad that I seek for doctor's advice ASAP. From that time onwards, I kept advising my friends to do regular checkups with their gynaes, because.. Well, a lot of women don't do regular checkups. Ahhhh... SO HAPPY NOW. Haha!

Anyway, I am required to take in birth control pills regularly. Planning to have baby by this year or next year, depending on the doctor's analysis on September. I was diagnosed with endo since just last year. So, I'm not so sure. :/

Hi kitty minky, yes, as long as we have menses, the cysts can reoccur anytime as we have menses.
Yeah last time done lap is 2009. That time got 2 cysts which is smaller but more painful.

Hi mangoyoyo, another reason why I dun wan to take long hospitsation leave cos company use this to give lesser PB.
but the tin is I m not on very good terms with immediate boss- jus normal working relationship. Yeah think I will probably tell them so that can go in peace n for resting. Yes that day when nurse called me to say ask me to go KK fast fast n I ask her for reading, she dun wan to reveal. I oso tot ovarian cancer scared me too.

Me too normal relationship with that boss. I left the co already. I didn't even share the details of the ops. Just say woman's prob. Haha. My experience is Only female boss will probe into details. You can hv 2wks HL first and aft review u can decide if its ok to go back to work. Able the ovarian cancer, I tot i am the only one will think such...haha. then gynae told me usually cancer reading will be at least 700. Mine is nothing la..just hormones alittle haywire.

Hi Chequita, where do you do your lap huh? How much? I thot as long as u stay 8 hrs in hospital u can claim the insurance. The last drainage I did last year is a day op, I went back in the evening. Reported at 7am, prudential allows me to claim. Yeah u take lap to clear endo or cyst?

Hi mangoyoyo, yeah good tin u left the company then the track record will not be with you. what is most impt is we are happie n our health is okie. Is so hard to prevent the cysts from coming back unless no menses.

Hey kittyminky and mangoyoyo!

Anyway, I am required to take in birth control pills regularly. Planning to have baby by this year or next year, depending on the doctor's analysis on September. I was diagnosed with endo since just last year. So, I'm not so sure. :/

Hi Chequita,

Glad your lap went well! I'm on birth control now - Yasmin. Which brand are you on now? My husband and I are not planning for a second child, so if I go for lap, I will probably have to continue with the pill after that. But I'm only 32, I can't imagine having to take bc all the way until menopause to suppress the endo! Hoping there's another alternative (minus hysterectomy). I'm such a worrywart; haven't even gone for lap and already worrying about AFTER the lap.

BTW, any of you ladies tried the endometriosis diet? I have been reading about it, but I doubt I will be able to stick to it. Not supposed to eat so many things! No wheat products, which means no carbs, and I love my bread and rice :(

Hi Chequita,

Glad your lap went well! I'm on birth control now - Yasmin. Which brand are you on now? My husband and I are not planning for a second child, so if I go for lap, I will probably have to continue with the pill after that. But I'm only 32, I can't imagine having to take bc all the way until menopause to suppress the endo! Hoping there's another alternative (minus hysterectomy). I'm such a worrywart; haven't even gone for lap and already worrying about AFTER the lap.

BTW, any of you ladies tried the endometriosis diet? I have been reading about it, but I doubt I will be able to stick to it. Not supposed to eat so many things! No wheat products, which means no carbs, and I love my bread and rice :(
could you mind sharing endometriosis diet?

Hi blesseddzn,

The endo diet means no wheat, pasta, animal fats, biscuits, cakes, deep fried stuffs. More on vegetables n fruits. No caffeine too. No soy n also no cookies etc. Yah quite hard to follow cos a lot of food got flour in them ESP bread which we take for breakfast.

Yes, very hard to follow. I eat carbs at almost every meal, either bread, rice, noodles, pasta. I'm also a fan of tofu, which contains soy, and soy is a no-no in the endo diet. Any of you ladies tried the endo diet for a period of time and did you feel it was effective?

Kittyminky, maybe can consider tcm? I feel my endo is seems to be under control after tcm. I try to do exercise regularly as i read it may help. I didn't change my diet.

Hi Chequita, where do you do your lap huh? How much? I thot as long as u stay 8 hrs in hospital u can claim the insurance. The last drainage I did last year is a day op, I went back in the evening. Reported at 7am, prudential allows me to claim. Yeah u take lap to clear endo or cyst?

I did it in Malaysia. So it's a different procedure. Ahh.. Complicated stuff. But that's the only way I could claim insurance. Btw, don't eat food products that contain hormones, so chicken wings are no no, honey is a no no. And, better honey contains higher hormones, but through online research, organic honey is okay? According to my friend, who has experience in food nutrition, I should avoid too much honey. Better to take organic eggs.. Normal eggs have hormones as well. Ahh! Just have expensive, healthy food. LOL kidding.

Hi Chequita,

Hey! I'm on Yasmin too! Really no second child? :( Yeah, I can't imagine eating pills till I menopause. And pills have so many side effects! It makes it easy for us to get menopause early. Well, have to constantly have checkups every 6 months.

Hi blesseddzn,

The endo diet means no wheat, pasta, animal fats, biscuits, cakes, deep fried stuffs. More on vegetables n fruits. No caffeine too. No soy n also no cookies etc. Yah quite hard to follow cos a lot of food got flour in them ESP bread which we take for breakfast.
wow thats alot of things cannot take :(

Hi Sea turtle,

Useful article. :)

Chequita: wow u did in Malaysia huh? Yo is impt to avoid all the hormones. But in real life is so difficult leh.

So many food has hormones. How to stop eating all these hormones ?

blessed zn : yes is pretty difficult. Imagine I have been avoiding chicken but cyst still back.

Wondering whether has any miracle that the blood cyst can reduce.

Morning ladies,

mangoyoyo, ya thinking of trying tcm. Will see how my cyst is in Sep/Oct before deciding. Actually what's involved in tcm treatments for endo? Do you have to brew herbs every night?

Seaturtle, thanks for the article! Very informative. Hmmm, maybe stress really does play a part in triggering or worsening endo. My mum had a gynae issue about two years back and required a total hysterectomy. It was a really stressful period for all of us and I was so worried for her. Had so many sleepless nights. My daughter was also facing problems at school at that time too, which added to my overall stress. Maybe all the stress and anxiety "turned on" my endo.

Chequita, how do you find Yasmin so far? I've been on it three months and so far the side effects have been tolerable. Some nausea and sore boobs. Do you experience these? Also periods are supposed to be shorter and lighter but doesn't seem the case for me; my periods seem the same.

Ya, no plans for second child. I'm a SAHM so living on one income. Doubt we can afford a second child. Also, I feel I'm not very good at parenting leh.

Ladies, how did you first discover you had endo? For me, it was during a routine scan earlier this year which revealed I have a 2cm chocolate cyst (I.e. endometrioma) on my right ovary. How about all of you? Was your endo picked up during a routine ultrasound or you had painful periods etc.?

Oh yes, for chicken lovers (myself included), you can consider getting Sakura chicken from NTUC. The chickens are supposedly reared without the use of antibiotics and growth hormones.

Kittyminky, yes the tcm i am seeing now has to brew herbs. I will brew 2 consecutive days then rest 2 to 3 days. Then repeat. Before this i see raffles tcm for acupuncture and their herbs are powder form. Its too costly..so i change to current tcm which is more affordable.

Hi mangoyoyo, yeah good tin u left the company then the track record will not be with you. what is most impt is we are happie n our health is okie. Is so hard to prevent the cysts from coming back unless no menses.

Haha you are so right. I have actually changed a few jobs throughout. I am ttc so its one of the remedy to endo. Hopefully i am pregnant soon and the endo will dry up.

Kittyminky, yes the tcm i am seeing now has to brew herbs. I will brew 2 consecutive days then rest 2 to 3 days. Then repeat. Before this i see raffles tcm for acupuncture and their herbs are powder form. Its too costly..so i change to current tcm which is more affordable.

Yep agreed eu YAN Seng very expensive the med. it did work for my fren who took it for two months and conception happened. I tried for three months then gave up cos I find it didn't restore the menses. In the end I went for lap surgery.

I think if I were to go TCM I will try TSB. Seems quite credible.

Yep agreed eu YAN Seng very expensive the med. it did work for my fren who took it for two months and conception happened. I tried for three months then gave up cos I find it didn't restore the menses. In the end I went for lap surgery.

I think if I were to go TCM I will try TSB. Seems quite credible.

Hey i am seeing TSB at Chinatown now haha. For a yr already. After lap and tcm, i dont experience bad cramps during period anymore. The flow is reasonable too.

Back