Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Hi @puinui, are u expecting twins? i have 2 embryos transferred but most likely i am expecting a singleton.

i avoid fried n oily stuff, hope to reduce chances of food indigestion

Hi @puinui, are u expecting twins? i have 2 embryos transferred but most likely i am expecting a singleton.

i avoid fried n oily stuff, hope to reduce chances of food indigestion

Hi @twinklelight.. I'm not sure expecting twins not as I hv not go to my appt wif dr.. My first appt is on 22nd July..
Me same hv 2 embryos transferred..
What is yr HCG? My is 1501.2 but any change I'm not sure..

I also avoiding fried, oily, spicy food now..

Hi ladies, just tested positive today. Do u have any idea if I can continue to take TCM medicine during pregnancy?

Hi ladies, just tested positive today. Do u have any idea if I can continue to take TCM medicine during pregnancy?

Congrats YL, was the TCM medicine specifically prescribed for An Tai... if yes, please continue... if in doubt, check with your TCM practitioner first...

hi ladies, I am now 8wks+... today my MS getting worse, feel so uncomfortable. Feel super nauseous since morning until now, kept running to toilet but nothing to puke. Any remedies to help? :(

hi ladies, I am now 8wks+... today my MS getting worse, feel so uncomfortable. Feel super nauseous since morning until now, kept running to toilet but nothing to puke. Any remedies to help? :(

how often are you eating...?

too little too long...

if you are eating at 4 hrs and still feeling nauseous.. try eating every 2 to 2.5 hrs.... a pc of bread or an apple etc before your lunch

too little too long...

if you are eating at 4 hrs and still feeling nauseous.. try eating every 2 to 2.5 hrs.... a pc of bread or an apple etc before your lunch

Thanks ecym for your advice :)
Will try eating every 2 to 2.5 hours tomorrow.

Thanks ecym for your advice :)
Will try eating every 2 to 2.5 hours tomorrow.

try a few days and see if the nausea feeling will diminished with this routine... it works well for my first and second pregnancy but not for this current one... :( Almost every day before bed time will 'hurl' big time... endure endure... 1 more month to go!

Hi morning.. Can i check any sisters here hv done the first scan n see dr?
Just want to know what is the scan like n how much to pay for it.. TIA

My first scan at SGH is by the sonographer. It is thru virginal as week 6 the fetal sac is very tiny can't detect via abdominal. Once fetal viability is cfm like not ectopic preg, and with heart beat, the sonographer will write a report to your gynae. My first scan is ard $90, plus consultation with Dr another 90....

Hello I'm new here. Did first IVF @ KKH and confirmed pregnancy. Had sharp pain on right low abdomen the other day and rushed to the 24hr O&G Clinic. The ultrasound scan revealed follicles still growing in the ovaries and the sharp pain was most likely due to the follicle rupture. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Hello I'm new here. Did first IVF @ KKH and confirmed pregnancy. Had sharp pain on right low abdomen the other day and rushed to the 24hr O&G Clinic. The ultrasound scan revealed follicles still growing in the ovaries and the sharp pain was most likely due to the follicle rupture. Has anyone had similar experiences?

hi i think its because of our stimulation drugs, its quite common for follicle to continue to grow (abeit) slower after our OR even though we have stopped the stimulation drugs. Though I have not experienced what you have gone through... when i was BFP this round, my abdomen was still very swollen like a 4-5 months preggy, during my week 6 scan, I did complain about the bloatedness to Dr Yu, she commented the follicles that were not taken out during OR will still continue to grow because we have the stim drugs in our blood steam, have to give a few more weeks before the bloatedness subside... now in week 11, the bloatedness decreased a little...

Congrats YL, was the TCM medicine specifically prescribed for An Tai... if yes, please continue... if in doubt, check with your TCM practitioner first...
Thanks ecym! Just went to TCM earlier and yes, it is 安胎药.

hi i think its because of our stimulation drugs, its quite common for follicle to continue to grow (abeit) slower after our OR even though we have stopped the stimulation drugs. Though I have not experienced what you have gone through... when i was BFP this round, my abdomen was still very swollen like a 4-5 months preggy, during my week 6 scan, I did complain about the bloatedness to Dr Yu, she commented the follicles that were not taken out during OR will still continue to grow because we have the stim drugs in our blood steam, have to give a few more weeks before the bloatedness subside... now in week 11, the bloatedness decreased a little...

Thanks, ecym. I'm rather ignorant abt the effects of the ivf drugs. I didn't know the effects could last that long. I had done IUI before which ended in failure but I didn't have much problems after that. Most of the time, I dun even know what questions to ask the doc or nurses until something comes along and surprises me.

Thanks, ecym. I'm rather ignorant abt the effects of the ivf drugs. I didn't know the effects could last that long. I had done IUI before which ended in failure but I didn't have much problems after that. Most of the time, I dun even know what questions to ask the doc or nurses until something comes along and surprises me.
No worries... No one is born knowing all these foreign stuff. My first cycle was ok too, the bloatedness also lasted two weeks but this round it lasted almost a month... Maybe my Dr retrieved a smaller number this round.

Most importantly, does the ruptured follicle has any impact on your pregnancy???

No worries... No one is born knowing all these foreign stuff. My first cycle was ok too, the bloatedness also lasted two weeks but this round it lasted almost a month... Maybe my Dr retrieved a smaller number this round.

Most importantly, does the ruptured follicle has any impact on your pregnancy???
Frankly, I'm not sure what sort of impact. I was told the follicle rupture was inside the ovaries and where the embryo implanted were in different 'compartments' so no immediate threat to the pregnancy. I knew the doc took lots of pics during the scans and kept reminding me once I see brown or blood-like discharge, I gotta head straight back to the 24hr O&G Clinic. According to the blood test results, the hcg levels more than doubled every 48 hours so the doc said the embryo was growing. I'm supposed to see my doc on 22 Jul so I'm just being extra careful in whatever I do till then.

Pupnui, I realize u are with Dr. Matthew Lau @ KKH too. =) I have been seeing him since 2012. Started with clomid, went on to IUI, then IVF. It had been a long journey...

Pupnui, I realize u are with Dr. Matthew Lau @ KKH too. =) I have been seeing him since 2012.

I just happen to be assign to him as I'm under Polyclinic refer letter... My first fresh IVF is with Dr Jerry also been assign to him under Polyclinic refer letter too...

I just happen to be assign to him as I'm under Polyclinic refer letter... My first fresh IVF is with Dr Jerry also been assign to him under Polyclinic refer letter too...
I started off with polyclinic referral letter too. Then I just stick w Dr. Matthew Lau when I was assigned. I'm quite comfortable w this doc.

Hi ladies, this is my 1st pregnancy. Do we need to change our hair care, body wash, skin care and make up products that are considered safe for pregnancy? If so, do you have any recommendations? Thanks!

Hi ladies, this is my 1st pregnancy. Do we need to change our hair care, body wash, skin care and make up products that are considered safe for pregnancy? If so, do you have any recommendations? Thanks!
Dun have to change first unless you are having issues with the current range. Cuz diff preggers have differ symptoms. Some will have oily scalp when preggy, some starts to drop hair... Same for skin care...All these are hormones changing, change your items as your pregnancy progress...

Do not use acidic based skin care... Like AHA and salicylic pdts...others are ok

Alamak, managed to keep my dinner for the past two days... This evening I merlion TWICE!!!

How far along are u now? It's my first pregnancy. When does the merlion stage start typically?
This week is my week 11... depends how fast your HCG rises i guess.... I started merlion last week, prior that I was only feeling nausea and burping...

i think another fellow BFP MTB Hope42014 started merlioning now, she should be around week 8 or 9?

Hi all,

Just saw this thread for ivf mummies-to-be! Can I join too? Did BT on 8 Jul, bfp.
Appointment with Dr HH Tan on 22 Jul.

Hi pupnui,
See u here again! Hehe.
Btw, ask u, that time u had blood stains, it was just a one-time?
Coz I had it yesterday night, with a bit of cramp on left side... Didn't go KK as my hubby is not around, and my girl was sleeping.
This morning no more blood stains already, but abit crampy.. WHich no. u called in KKH? I want to call and ask........
Thanks!

Dun have to change first unless you are having issues with the current range. Cuz diff preggers have differ symptoms. Some will have oily scalp when preggy, some starts to drop hair... Same for skin care...All these are hormones changing, change your items as your pregnancy progress...

Do not use acidic based skin care... Like AHA and salicylic pdts...others are ok
Thanks so much ecym!

That mean the few more week I will be become Merlion too..

some preggers nvr merlion... good for them...

Hi all,

Just saw this thread for ivf mummies-to-be! Can I join too? Did BT on 8 Jul, bfp.

Hi pupnui,
See u here again! Hehe.
Coz I had it yesterday night, with a bit of cramp on left side... Didn't go KK as my hubby is not around, and my girl was sleeping.
This morning no more blood stains already, but abit crampy.. WHich no. u called in KKH? I want to call and ask........
Thanks!

Congrats and welcome @sunflower44 ...

Crampy feeling is risky... can you go straights to KKIVF and do a blood check on HCG...

Hi all,

Hi pupnui,
See u here again! Hehe.
Thanks!

Hi @sunflower44...
Is not really a blood stain... is very fade light blood stain... Just one two time only..
I called up KKIVF Hotline @ 9620 9501 and ask the nurse about it as my is under IVF... The nurse told me to monitor is have a lot then I need to go down to 24hrs clinic to see doc...
Still worried and I try to get dr lau but could not get him so I manage to get his email and email him... He told me to increase the Duphaston from 2x to 3x a day...
You may try to call and ask for Dr Tan or you better go down now to see him if you still having crampy...

I just called the same no. u mentioned here.. Queenie said to monitor (since this morning i dun ahve blood stains already).. if still have then go to 24hr O&G. Her defination of spotting is a "thin strand of red line", which in my case, its "trickling feeling" lor...

ecym, my crampy feeling a v v mild only, not to the extent of curling up or cant get out of bed kind... could likely be stretching...?
Anyone has Dr Tan's email address, in case i need to email him?
I emailed Dr Loh this morning, but he hasnt replied me.. Coz I will be seeing him on 29th also... most likely going to him subsequently...

Hello ladies, reporting here! My EDD is 21 Jan, my first after a m/c last year. This precious little one was conceived at NUH w Prof Wong, n I'm w Mt E now.

Just did my panorama last Wed at exactly 12 wks, now still waiting (im)patiently for my results, should be back mid next week. Praying hard that everything is ok... I'm kinda an old hen, hehe. I didn't do the oscar, though my gynae did show me the nasal bone, n he agar agar measured the NT at 1.56mm. They took 4 big tubes of blood from me that day, n I blacked out lor, so malu. Lucky I managed to move to a bed before I fell, nurse said it was cos my body went into shock due to sudden loss of blood. Super pai seh lor.

I just booked my CL yesterday. This lady did for many of my colleagues over the last 10 yrs, n for all their 2 or 3 kids, so I figured she must be ok since so many repeat customers, haha. She charges me 2.5k, though she might have to leave abit earlier than the usual 28 days cos of CNY.

Pray for a smooth 9 months journey for all the ladies here! :)

I am week 7 but haven't started vomiting yet. I just did my first ultrasound scan and i can see my little beanie. Dr says the next scan will be in 2 wks' time :)

Actually so far I have not vomited. Nausea yes but actual vomiting no. Which makes me worried sometimes la, since they always say vomiting = high preggy hormones = good. Then these 2 days got abit of bloated crampy feeling, dunno if it's cramps or uterus stretching or gas pain, stress!

Ok now.. I think partly due to my gastric problem so I'm having nausea and at the same time gastric pain. I try to eat less oily food in small qty now.

2 days ago, I have pain in my right.. So worry .. Go to nuh a&e.. After hrs of check it is due to my right ovary pain.. After effect of ivf.. Sigh..

Back