Mummies staying at Eunos / Bedok Reservoir / Geylang

Anyone interested to get the Muar Otah from Yuki? We can consolidate for free delivery.
happy.gif
I should have order for 10 packs for myself. Anyone else wants to tag along can PM/Email me at [email protected]

Hi, mummies.

Any recommendations for child care (for 18mths above) in Bedok Reservoir area?

I saw that there are Marvel Kidsworld at Eunos CC and Carpe Diem at Blk 122. Please comment if they are good and what are their charges like.

Thanks!
happy.gif

Hello mommies, me also East side mom but me at Katong...

Any kids here on Nan pro 3? Got lobang to order from distributor directly, anyone keen to tonbang? Don't mind meeting you at Bedok Reservoir (Jalan Tenaga area)... pls let me know latest by tomorrow ya?

Price? - 900gm Nan Pro 3 = $25.50 (incl GST liao)

Also got Nan Pro 2 but $2 more - $27.50 for 900 gm (also incl GST liao)

Thinking if we combine our order, see can get a better price... me ordering 2 cartons...

Cheers

Dear all

Need some advice. My 3.5yrs old elder boy still dun recognise letters and numbers. Tried at home to teach but he is not focus or very slow in picking up. Intend to find those MOE nursery/kindergarten instead of childcare as worried that he can't catch up by K2.

Any recommedation?

hello everyone.. i'm staying in jalan damai!! hehe.. my boy is may 2008 baby.

btw, my boy is already 1 year old and teeth still not out. i'm getting a little worried. is it ok?

Hi Naf,
our kids are at Lutheran Child care center,
Tampines st21, not so bad leh.
happy.gif

cherimoya,
don't worry, prepare some cooling teether & teething gel,
it'll soon pop out... ALL AT ONCE!!!

Hi all, any mommies interested in consolidating orders for nachos BP?? i thinkin to buy some, but above 10, then hv free delivery.. =p btw, is this considered spammin??

Hi Naf (naf)

Read your note above.

1. To learn numbers, u should get him do quantity recognition first. Numbers do not mean a thing to them unless they know quantity. Try doing Dots flash cards

2. Similar note, ABC do not mean a thing to them. .. eg: can u define A?
Show him short words.. or sounds of A.
Tumble tots at Tampines Stadium got RightStart toddler lessons which might help.

3. Try games like lacing n jigsaw to train the concentration span. But do not expect loads.. cos it's very typical of them to like to jump around.

4. PATIENCE.. and more PATIENCE... do not compare or set expectations... lots of praise and encouragement for the boy....

Cheers

<font color="0000ff">Hello friends,
long time nvr see this thread so active liao. Sry if i hvnt been in touch..

having loads of fun with my BP threads, getting to know more people.. work and preparing for the arrival of my little junior.

Tat is not gd reason for not keeping contact though... sms me if got good lobangs/ BP to join, k

In the meantime, give me your support in my upcoming BPs</font>

Hi XiaoChuan,

I am a ftwm with one 41/2 yrs old son..

Naf,

U mus be b realli very patient with your son as wat xiaochuan say. my son was very slow initially, so I really spent alot of time with him everyday as the nusery &amp; K1 teacher always complain. anyway now no more complain as the K1 teacher this yr is not gd enough and I change him to a new sch. Now he is much more happy with the new sch.

hi llynn,
I have racky a few childcare centre.
1) The Pre-Schoolers Childcare &amp; Development Centre Pte Ltd @718 Bedok Reservoir View...I don't like as the place it's quite cramp. I saw kids "sardine" together during naptime
2) Cherie Hearts@743 Bedok Reservoir View...repeated AM program for PM (not so good for full-day care)
3) Learning Vision @CBP - quite like this one
4) MindChamps @ CBP - quite like this one too
5) PCF Sparkletots @Blk 184 Bedok North - my girl currently @infant care centre.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone has lobang? I need one to help do laundry, ironing, vacuum, mop floor n wash toilet. Thrice a week (mon, wed, fri), 3hrs each time n $10 per hour. Prefer locals staying near Bedok Reservoir View

Email me at [email protected]

Thks!

hi mummies, i've visited the following

1) cherie hearts @ jln singa
i like it cos it has outdoor play, water play, and air-con only during nap time, so less spread of diseases. principal also seems sincere and nice.

2) carpe diem @ blk 108 bedok res
worst of the lot. principal could barely speak english. totally out of my consideration.

3) orange tree @ kaki bukit
vibrant place, fully-aircon. but no outdoor play and quit inconvenient location

4) hungry caterpillar
place is very big with it's own outdoor play, but it's super hot. nicely renovated... but very COLD. place seemed very dead when i visited. my child felt most uncomfortable when entering.

5) cherie hearts @ 743 bedok res
nice place, where there's a live online screening of yr kids during music time. i like it that children are not confined to a small space. but the other time, they said due to h1n1 no outdoor play, not sure about now. it's fully a/c but the air the place after naptime so quite ok.

6)the pre-schoolers
nothing impressive. place looked dark and cramp, but i guess all these hdb void deck kind are the same. in fact already much better than carpe diem.

7) kidz kulture (modern montessori)
i have yet to visit them, cos they only open up for trials on saturdays, and they are booked for the next 2 weeks! gosh. but from the person who spoke on the phone, they seemed so much more professional. of cos lah... u pay so much more...

8) marvel kidsworld
have enquired since long ago but they are always full. maybe cos it's very cheap! only $250 after subsidy. i have not viewed the place, but i know it's air-conditioned. but then, it's so cheap so I kinda worry about the quality of education.

so after looking around for so long... i still haven't decided. any mummies have put their children in one of these and has experience to share? but anyway juz posting my research to share. hehe.

Hi, anyone child is in MMI Bedok reservoir can feedback?

I have visited
1) ableland tampines
They are starting a new playgroup class this march, not very confident. Ratio 1:8
school fee 400+ after subsidy

2)MMI tampines kidz pro
Abit dim, Prinicipal cares about the centre. Ratio 1:8, along void deck.
school feel 560 after subsidy

3) MMI bedok reservoir
Principal is very caring, cares alot about the children. Ratio 2:8
school fee: 780 after subsidy
Trails fully booked.

hi princessgx ..I saw one new one opening up... don't exactly remember the blk..is along bedok res road (near Jalan Damai)..think blk 130++(sorry can't remember exact blk no) as saw it when I was driving by..

Any mummies send their kids to swimming lessons in Geyland East public Swimming complex?? Any
swimming instructor to recommend &amp; what's the charges like?

cheers!

Hi there. I stay in Eunos too. My boy just started pre-nursery. Sent him to Aces Montesori at Kembangan Lor Sarina. So far not bad
happy.gif
Nice vibes in the place. The 'boss' is always around which resulted in teachers being on their toes. But they also speak very highly of him which is good i feel
happy.gif

Hi Naf, maybe you teach your boy in a different way? My boy learns best by interacting with things in daily life. He can't sit still to listen to anything I try to teach him ie. flash cards etc. But he learnt his numbers very fast by looking at the lift (the digital numbers which flashes at the top as the lift move up/down). We would read it out to him as the lift moves and soon he can recognise the numbers (but only to our floor haha)

As for ABC, I started by singing the song to him all the time, as I was carrying him. The rest he learnt through his alphabet books.

hi chiroaini,
my dd attend full-day playgroup class at MMI tampines kidz pro...since Feb'10

1)MMI tampines kidz pro
- school feel 560 after subsidy
- no air-con : less prone to flu, etc
(previously dd went to an air-con infant childcare ctr and catch flu frequently)

2) MMI bedok reservoir
- school fee: 780 after subsidy + $50(or $80) for weekly gym...so addup to more than $800. As the principal does not like the playgroup as she believe it is the source of diseses/viruses...so need to engage external vendor to setup internal gym weekly
- air-con : prone to flu

other factor to consider - available public transport (if you don't drive)...this is very important as you need to send/fetch your kid everyday rain/shine

hi there,
I am staying Jln Tenaga too.

princessgx,
i visited:

3) orange tree @ kaki bukit
the supervisor keep shouting at the kids for them to be quiet.
don't want my daughter to learn shouting.
kids toilet is dirty and smelly.

4) hungry caterpillar @ shun li industrial park
environment is clean and spacious. my daughter can readily join in the activity.

9) thinkerstar @ jalan damai
the supervisor doesn't show enthusiastic on the kids when i visited.

in the end i enrolled my daughter to hungry caterpillar since Jan. she likes to go school and learned quite a lot of things there.
i am happy with the place.
the only down side is that they seems to change the teacher pretty often. lucky that her main teacher for playgroup class is still the same.

Hi there!
Im staying at Eunos, working at Ubi,
Wonder any mummies here heard or went to Cherie hearts at ubi ave 1?

hi all..

m staying at bedok res view.. 1st time mummy...my gal is 13 mths.. wondering if u gusy have any recommendations on playgrup? nid to send her when she is 18myhs or 24mths?

txs for ur advice in advance :)

Hi mummies,
sorry to intrude. I am looking for a permanent part time admin staff to work at Katong area. 2-3 half days a week, flexible hours. Simple admin, customer service duties. $7-$8/hr. Pm me for more details if anyone is keen. Tks!

hi, i'm residing at kembangan.... what are the good childcare in that area? Jeets school house at Jalan RambaiL any feedback? thanks in advance!!!

Update on my school visits...

I visited

1) MMI Bedok Reservoir
Seems like a nice place but the principal seems proud so didn't select that place.

2) MMI Tampines
Supposedly MMI but didn't like it that principal couldn't speak English properly and environment is very much like the normal HDB void deck childcares.

3) MMI Katong(Katong SC)
Quite a nice spacious place but didn't like it that there was no outdoor playground.

4) Cherie Hearts (Lor Melayu)
Felt the place wasn't clean enough. Also, kids were watching tv, something which I disapprove of.

5) Tenderkids (chai Chee)
Very cramped. Outdoor toys old. Kids watching tv in the afternoon while waiting to go toilet or something.

6) Our Junior's Schoolhouse (telok kurau)
My son was there for a while and he didn't like it. I like the outdoor play space, but didn't like it that parents don't get to see what's going on inside since its all enclosed.

7) PCF Sparkletots (Eunos)
New and nice place. Very open. But... Heard from a fren her son got bullied there and didn't drink his water so don't have a good impression of the place.

8) Honey Tree Dido Street
Affordable place. Very old. Quite convenient as its near the main road. There seemed to be an interesting curriculum, but I didn't like the place cos it was too old.

9) Aces Montessori
The children do activities on a cloth mat which I find to be rather unhygienic. Generally, didn't like the environment. It's one of the cheapest Montessori childcare ctrs around the area though.

10) Ripples Montessori (not childcare)
Nice environment. Teachers seem good too. But it's pricey and there's no food provided.

11) Twinklestars Montessori (not childcare)
I like it that they have integrated a music program as well as gym. U juz need to top up some $ for those enrichment programmes. But because there is no toilet inside, it is listed as a private school and we can't use baby bonus for payment.

12) Cherie Hearts Stahub Ctr (Ubi)
Place is clean and bright but rather noisy. teachers don't seem very caring.

13) The Little Skoolhouse (Fidelio)
My kids have been there for over a year. Environment is nice. Nice outdoor play. Teachers don't change. Food is good. Kids learnt a lot and are very happy.

I visited some of these places more than a year ago so some may not exist or some may have changed. But I just realized how many schools I'd visited just to find my kids a school... Haha. Anw hope my research helps.

I'm available for parents looking for a babysitter or nanny who is keen to deposit their child at my place in Circuit road
I have a 3 year old girl who goes to school.

Pm mi if u keen

Hi,
I am going to enroll my son to playgroup in Sept at Mini World Child Care &amp; Development Centre. Its located at Blk 58 Chai Chee Drive. Anyone got any experience there? I spoken to the principal. Don quite like her though. Bt thats the nearest childcare i can find which is more convenient for fetching my son home.
Anyone ever send their children there? Can share ?any feedbacks?

I'm 43 years old Chinese lady. Willing to look after children from 2 years above. 24x7. Staying at Jalan Damai (Bedok Reservoir) area.

Hi there. Happen to see this thread n tot of sharing my experience with the mummies here.

My gal has been attending skool at Orange Tree for abt 2 years now. Teachers are very caring and encouraging towards the kids. U can feel that they genuinely care for the kids. All the teachers know every child in the cc. They maintain close contact with parents. As for curriculum, they have weekly Tien Hsia n Morris Allen classes which takes the trouble away from sending the kids to extra Chinese n English enrichment classes on weekends. They are also able to identify the strengths of the individual kid. Hope that helps.

My son also been in Orange Tree Kaki Bukit for 2 years (since N1) and in K1 this year. He loves the school with good phonics skill (taught by Malay teacher). Before coming to Orange Tree, I've tried Talend Plus (good before 3yo) and Spakel Tots (only there for 6 mths as the quality of the students are quite poor). So glad I found Orange Tree who provided great education to my son with the right enrichment classes.
happy.gif

hi

happened to chance upon this thread.

my 4 yo girl n2 in shaws Boscombe half day. attending jelic, kawai, berries n icr. attended shichida n art bug before.

younger boy 2 yo will attend shaws at n1. After his shichida this term, moving to heguru at eunos. and still attending jg till mid june, he will move to gymnademic til he starts gymnademic.

I m a wahm living along haig road.

Hi mummies! I stay Bedok Reservoir. Any mummies here who can recommend a baby sitter nearby? I will be working from home in April but may need to go out for meetings twice a week.
Thank you.

Hey mummies,
Any of you keen to organize group piano or chinese bamboo flute course for your kids? I stay at Bedok Reservoir.

Know of a experience reliable female piano teacher in Bedok Reservoir Area. Anyone interested, please let me know.

I'm available for parents looking for a babysitter or nanny who is keen to deposit their child at my place in Circuit road
I have a 3 year old girl who goes to school.

Pm mi if u keen

Hi, are you still available to take care a 3m+ baby now?

Back