Any good gynae at Mt Alvernia to recommend?

If you do not mind Male Gynae, I recommned Dr Ho from HK Ho Women & Fertility Clinic #02-06 Mt Alvernia. He's my sis and my gynae. Charge abit ex though but pretty experienced and good. Gentle type also as I am the Kiasi and threshold for pain very low :p
Yes! Thumbs up do dr Ho. He delivered my 2 nephews, 1 niece and my son! I have normal delivery and could walk the very same day. His stitching skills is superb!

I also strongly recommend Dr Ho. He delivered my #1 and #2. Now seeing him for #3.
Good stitching skills.. but charges on the high side..

Dr Wee Horng Yen (Clinic at Novena Medical). I had 3 babies delivered by him! You can search his name under forum and see other patients of him's comments.

I am sorry, but I do need to share with you all about my recent Mt A Experience. Before you consider if you all wanna go ahead with Mt A next year.

I had my first 2babies at KKH - A1 ward, excellent svc by nurses & drs there, along with other visits for my babies' sickness & hospitalisation (when no.1 was 6 mth old)! I will definitely recommend anyone to KKH!!!

This year, my gynea went from KKH to private practice, so I delivered my no.3 at Mt A recently in Apr - It was not good at all for the amt of money paid - though it was A1 ward too, super regretted choosing there - so many hip cups between various diff departments of hospital, the nurse team seems short handed in both antenatal ward & nursery, and baby's nursery is disorganised too! Here is what i experienced:

1) Hospital staff mis-comm for bill matter for my false contraction stay,

2) miscommunication again for my actual delivery's discharge, making us waited for nothing

3) Lactation consultant comes for one brief visit and not as professional & dedicated to breastfeeding as KKH's, need to charge if need her visit again (KKH doesnt charge for 2nd visit during my stay).

4) meal orders gets messed up twice within 3 days' stay,

5) follow up call by Mt A Lactation Consultant - it felt like it's a "need-to-do" thing for them than they really wants to encourage and help you with breastfeeding, when I told them I need help in increasing milk supply and wants to know if I can go down and meet them. When I called in at baby's 2nd month to ask for lactation consultation slot to help with breastfeeding - The staff asked me to try a few things at home(which I alr did), if dun work then go down. Very diff from my KKH's experience.

6) Shorthanded manpower at Mt A Antenatal ward & Nursery - My hubby has to keep going to fetch baby instead of they bring the baby to us for breastfeeding. Upon discharge of my baby, I finally saw how messy the nursery table inside and near their sink (messy files, soiled diaper and things lying all over the sink). Nurse also forgot things here and had to come out to look for us to pass us things when we discharge. I am horrified that when I called in, nurse isn't able to tell me where I shld go to do jaundice test on the Sat/Sun for baby - so unlike how KKH deal with things.

7) I don't receive my final bill until I called in 2 times when baby was 2 month old, had to call in a 3rd time at 3rd month to chase for my baby's hospital bill (which though was promised to be posted immediately, but it has never arrived), then finally I call again, they email me. Hardcopy never came though it was said that they will. I requested for someone to call me back on this lag in svc for billing - I was told that I will get call, now 1 week down the road - heard nothing from Mt A - they also have no record of who served me the previous rounds.

In conclusion - My hubby & I find that Mt A's service really has suffered from possibly their lack of good system for processes, and shortage of manpower. Maybe because other patient's feedback is good in the past they have more patients and unable to handle the amount of deliveries there. Sorry for my lengthy sharing - but seriously I wld not recommend anyone to go Mt A unless you are prepared that you may go through this despite of nice (but very busy) nurse there. The staying experience can be very affected by the staff no., process & system of the hospital.

P/s: KKH is very pro-breastfeeding... Very professional & caring Nurses & great team of dedicated lactation consultants!

Back