Delivery at NUH??

I am confused, I don't understand clearly on how it's going to be. Do they take us to delivery suit first and then after delivery to room ? How is at the delivery suit? Private place or a lot of screaming pregnant ladies ?? Can anyone explain their experience. Thanks

hi~ i gave birth at nuh (natural birth)

they brought me to delivery suite then after delivery back to ur ward after resting like an hour in the suite on the same day. the delivery suite is a private place with ur own toilet and a nice sofa for your husband to rest in while waiting. i didn't hear any other screaming ladies (or perhaps not in the mood too... lols..)

im not sure what is the procedure if you sign a package with them and went there on your due date cus i went in thru A&E after i was bleeding, so was immediately send to the delivery ward. but i was warded in C class so i guess it will be oni better n not worse..

hope that helps :)

hi~ i gave birth at nuh (natural birth)

they brought me to delivery suite then after delivery back to ur ward after resting like an hour in the suite on the same day. the delivery suite is a private place with ur own toilet and a nice sofa for your husband to rest in while waiting. i didn't hear any other screaming ladies (or perhaps not in the mood too... lols..)

im not sure what is the procedure if you sign a package with them and went there on your due date cus i went in thru A&E after i was bleeding, so was immediately send to the delivery ward. but i was warded in C class so i guess it will be oni better n not worse..

hope that helps :)
Thanks for sharing . Did u deliver close to ur due date ? How long was ur delivery ? Did u take any pain killers ?

nope i delivered 3 mths earlier. i was hospitalised for 2 wks before i delivered. the whole thing took abt 12-13 hrs. nope, din take any painkillers.. just using the gas..

Had 4 of mine at NUH. If u r having ur check-ups there, e nurse will advise u of e procedure when u r having signs or symptoms of giving birth. There's a hotline to call in n they will advise u to go direct to A&E n from there they will bring u to e delivery suite. No negative exp for me :)

Hello everyone. Can someone advise on the comfort level of the maternity wards in NUH? I'm taking a doula and she is only registered at NUH and TMC. I went for labor ward tour at TMC and didn't quite like the hospital. Found it cramped and claustrophobic,not to mention overpriced. Unfortunately the next available labor ward tour at NUH is in Sept and I'm afraid it's too late because I'm due in Nov. I need to get a gynae asap so I can transfer from SCH t NUH? How is the A class ward in NUH, anyone?

Hello everyone. Can someone advise on the comfort level of the maternity wards in NUH? I'm taking a doula and she is only registered at NUH and TMC. I went for labor ward tour at TMC and didn't quite like the hospital. Found it cramped and claustrophobic,not to mention overpriced. Unfortunately the next available labor ward tour at NUH is in Sept and I'm afraid it's too late because I'm due in Nov. I need to get a gynae asap so I can transfer from SCH t NUH? How is the A class ward in NUH, anyone?
I delivered in NUH class A ward in Jan 13. I like it, spacious and comfortable. Service was very good too.

Hi im seeing tmc gynae now and wish to know if anyone delivers ar NUH but seeing not NUH inhouse gynae? In case of emergency, like early labour, will they drive u back to your own gynae's hospital? Cuz im staying near NUH and may decide to deliver there.

Thanks in adv. Hope some mummies can enlighten.

Thanks jamp_jamp. I was worried about transferring to NUH,now I feel better. How much was your hospital bill in total (cash), including doc's fees? Still cheaper than private right?
Thekickerinside, jux retrieved my bill from store room lol
Tot bill is $8k -
my package chrg is $2.9k, out of package chrg is $5.1k, coz my stay is a tot of 5d4n, emergency csect aft 33hrs of labour (induced)
Cash outlay is $3.6k aft medisave dedn

Thekickerinside, jux retrieved my bill from store room lol
Tot bill is $8k -
my package chrg is $2.9k, out of package chrg is $5.1k, coz my stay is a tot of 5d4n, emergency csect aft 33hrs of labour (induced)
Cash outlay is $3.6k aft medisave dedn

Thank you jamp_jamp for taking the trouble to look for your medical bills. It's really helpful cos now I can properly plan my finances. I have some other questions though (i am sorry it never ends). What do you mean by package and out of package charge? Does it mean that your package was for normal delivery (perhaps with epidural) and out of package is for the emergency C-sect? When this happens, they charge you for just the C-sect and disregard your original birth plan, yes?

And your cash outlay of $3.6k was inclusive of doctor's bills too? As in it's the total amount you had to fork out for all bills?

Thanks in advance and sorry to be bombarding you with all these questions!

Back