(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Hello everyone, i went for my detailed scan today.
Saw my little one sucking his thumb and laying so low into my pelvic! So fun to see little one for a good 20mins!
My bb move so much inside the womb but can hardly feel outside at most time…haaaa

Anyone went for maternity tour at Mt E (Novena) or Mt E (Orchard)?
Wondering if delivery services at Mt (Novena) is good.

I have attended e mt e novena tour
Very new
Delivery ward looks so hotel like... Hubby will get to enjoy e massage chair facility.
But e maternity ward is v v quiet not many nurses too
That day when I went only 4 babies but only 2 at e nursery

Hello everyone, i went for my detailed scan today.
Saw my little one sucking his thumb and laying so low into my pelvic! So fun to see little one for a good 20mins!
My bb move so much inside the womb but can hardly feel outside at most time…haaaa

Anyone went for maternity tour at Mt E (Novena) or Mt E (Orchard)?
Wondering if delivery services at Mt (Novena) is good.

Congrats Babby :) I'm also going for Mrs Wong prenatal classes at AMK hub in Aug. Heard she's hot, better book first.

Hello everyone, I'm new here. EDD on Nov 25. I've missed out on 144 pages of thread replies so I'm so sorry if this is a redundant question. Anyone went for maternity tour at NUH before? Any idea how the A class wards look like? I've never personally known of anyone who delivered in NUH but heard very good reviews about the hospital. Can someone share with me if the hospital and wards are rundown and old as what some have claimed? I went to TMC but didn't like it cos it was too cramped and claustrophobic, not to mention overpriced...

Hello everyone, I'm new here. EDD on Nov 25. I've missed out on 144 pages of thread replies so I'm so sorry if this is a redundant question. Anyone went for maternity tour at NUH before? Any idea how the A class wards look like? I've never personally known of anyone who delivered in NUH but heard very good reviews about the hospital. Can someone share with me if the hospital and wards are rundown and old as what some have claimed? I went to TMC but didn't like it cos it was too cramped and claustrophobic, not to mention overpriced...
The Kent ridge wing is new. I'm going for the tour on 20 sep

The Kent ridge wing is new. I'm going for the tour on 20 sep
Ah,ok. So, you Would be delivering in NUH? I'm now at SGH but have to transfer to either TMC or NUH cos my doula is only registered at these two hospitals. Dont know which one to choose! My tour is in September too but it will prob be too late for me to choose a gynae then...

[QU OTE="Thekickerinside, post: 7258365, member: 166631"]Ah,ok. So, you Would be delivering in NUH? I'm now at SGH but have to transfer to either TMC or NUH cos my doula is only registered at these two hospitals. Dont know which one to choose! My tour is in September too but it will prob be too late for me to choose a gynae then...[/QUOTE] yup I will be delivering in nuh. Why don't u just go pay the wards a visit during visiting hours. But ladies who delivered in nuh before told me the delivery suites are comfy. I haven't seen them myself yet.

I didn't have to bother about a pd coz my gynae's wife is a pd... So I just requested for her... Lol!

Do you all think it is rly necessary to store e cord blood
Cos I In dilemma whether to do it ...

hi love_rain, for me i think it's an insurance to the need of using. the cost is very high, but i weigh the just-in-case need...
I will most probably take up the cord blood banking but still thinking if i should take up the umbilical lining banking too.

:) give it a deep thot as it's a commitment!

Congrats Babby :) I'm also going for Mrs Wong prenatal classes at AMK hub in Aug. Heard she's hot, better book first.

hi mapleleafy, i managed to sign today for Mrs Wong class for Aug weekday class too.
i joined the TMC's FBI membership to get her 3 books too!

breasts getting bigger and more painful. think time to change to non wire bra.

I went M&S today but their maternity bras biggest size only 38. I need bigger width...
any brands of non wire bra or maternity bras to recommend?

I went M&S today but their maternity bras biggest size only 38. I need bigger width...

Hello Babby, try adding MumsHeart (for mummy and baby's needs) on fb. Her maternity/nursing bras and affordable,comes in bigger sizes and you can choose whether u want one with wire or not. She is really helpful too and is prompt in her responses to queries. Hope it helps.

Hi yumsoup, i didn't heard anything abt this from my gynae so far. is it necessary to choose a pediatrician before giving birth?

They will check the babies when they ate born... Perhaps you can choose one from the hospital that you r giving birth in...

hi babby, not sure about maternity bra but I got one nursing bra from asos and it was comfortable. Also got maternity underwear from OIO brand, mid-waist...it's so comfortable and keeps my belly warm.

I bought from wacoal non wire normal bra
$30plus I think...

U can see the pix fr nuh website and yes there's maternity tour at fixed days/timing. Go down n take a look. I'm with nuh cos I want the dr there n am satisfied enuf with the pix. Can't go for tour cos I'm on bedrest.

Do you all think it is rly necessary to store e cord blood
Cos I In dilemma whether to do it ...
Hey babe, with baby bonus only few hundred dollars, and it is only payable 2 months after birth of baby. Not that expensive... I really think that some medication causes allergies and if in the future when no more medication is left on the shelf (just a wild thought), what we have is really those cells we stored for our children. After all, these cells belong to the child. It's really a need more than a want. Wouldn't want to deprive my child from any treatment options in future.

hi mapleleafy, i managed to sign today for Mrs Wong class for Aug weekday class too.
I went to one of the seminar on Sat at Raffles City Convention, Mrs Wong was fantastic, very humorous and knowledgeable. She made things easier for us...

:) u can get discount for the prenatal classes with FBI card too. I'm going for 10am classes at AMK hub.

Wong boh boi class is much more expensive than others... is she really that good? Amk is quite far for us. Does Mount Alvernia conduct these types of classes?

I went to one of the seminar on Sat at Raffles City Convention, Mrs Wong was fantastic, very humorous and knowledgeable. She made things easier for us...

i'm looking fwd to attending her classes. hopefully she is that good as my friends recommend me!
yup she made us laugh so much that day!

U can see the pix fr nuh website and yes there's maternity tour at fixed days/timing. Go down n take a look. I'm with nuh cos I want the dr there n am satisfied enuf with the pix. Can't go for tour cos I'm on bedrest.
Thanks! I did try to google the pictures, i just don't know if the ones I saw were the latest/updates ones. They seemed kinda old... Also, which gynae are you seeing in NUH? Any to recommend?

Is it more expensive? Heard there are special classes

Yes, i think you have to pay an additional charge of about ~$500 and check with your gynae whether you can opt for it. Apparently not all gynaes do waterbirth. I haven't personally known of anyone who has tried so I am not sure if it is supposed to be any better than the usual...

i went to TMC talk. The doctor there do not encourage waterbirth because it is unhygenic and baby suppose to take in first gush of fresh air instead of coming out into the water first... it is not so good for baby. but mother feels more relaxed when in water but may shit when pushing. imagine the water plus your poo and baby drinking the water???

i went to TMC talk. The doctor there do not encourage waterbirth because it is unhygenic and baby suppose to take in first gush of fresh air instead of coming out into the water first... it is not so good for baby. but mother feels more relaxed when in water but may shit when pushing. imagine the water plus your poo and baby drinking the water???

Ok that just grossed me out! Don't think waterbirth is an option anymore :)

I don't know how god it is but heard it is calming for mothers.

My hubby's friend's wife did it and she got infection and was in very ill condition for a while. This was in US. According to the friend, she almost died but he opted for it again for the 2nd birth and it went alright.

I think cannot stay in the water for too long or something coz may risk getting infection. Better do your homework.

Thanks! I did try to google the pictures, i just don't know if the ones I saw were the latest/updates ones. They seemed kinda old... Also, which gynae are you seeing in NUH? Any to recommend?

I'm seeing a high risk obgyn, Prof Biswas.

Best to go and see for yourself. Actually hardware is secondary. U will hardly shower at the hospital. The level of service and care is more impt.

hi mummies...made a lengthy post that day abt buying a Coccoro Combi purple infant seat at the ongoing Isetan sale, but somehow it disappeared.

Anyway, after agonising over many car seat models and videos on Amazon (almost bought a Graco one), as well as being stupefied by the multiple car seat contraptions introduced by various salespeople, I am happy to share that we decided on this no frills Coccoro which I simply adore! There is no tilting function, just a single angle but my intuition says it is comfortable for baby. Also the cushion is easy to take out and wash. Suitable for infants 0 months to 4 years. There was a 10% + 10% sale on 11 and 12 jul'14 but now I think u can still get it at 10%. The direction of the seat in the photo is wrong btw...should face inside for infants.... hope this helps other mummies who are also thinking abt which model to get...

Attachments

• 1405402192965.jpg
    1405402192965.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 259
  • 1405402211252.jpg
    1405402211252.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 262
Yea, saw a few maternity swim suit.. But it's all so ex... Haha.. Still conscious of my tummy although no stretch marks yet but got dark lines.. Hopefully the pool got not much ppl ah.. Haha.. Shall go check it out the bikini... Haha and asos, but buy online the size will be hard to judge..

i'm recommended Clarin Huille Tonic as my friends swear by it to prevent stretch marks. Maybe u will like to try :)

Actually i wanna ask y Mrs Wong of the TMC prenatal class charged higher than the other 2 instructors? Really tt good meh.. wat's the diff??

hi yumsoup, mrs wong is asst clinical director and famous in the industry. she appears also in media and write books too. i attend a talk recently and she was there…understand that she is doing her PHD now.
i heard my friend says other 2 instructors are just lactationist. that's y the price different?

Back