7 weeks pregnant with no fetus or heartbeat detected

Hey hey. I just had my appointment today, and a second opinion. The baby did not grow between last week and this week, yet the yolk sac is growing. Means baby not feeding. No heartbeat detected as well.
I will need to do the d&c but I have not decided on a date to do so yet. The news is still sinking in, and today was filled with tears. But I am also comforted that the baby is letting hubby and I know that it was not ready or healthy enough to come out for us yet, so it told us early. The mind is dealing with it very rationally, but my heart is still so broken.

I haven't had any bleeding or spotting yet so the d&c is not something I need to do urgently yet. But I have stopped prenatal and hormone pills already. Been doing a lot of sitting and staring into space today. As this is the first miscarriage, the doctor says most people do not request for any tests to be done. They generally just wait after the surgery and try again first, so I'm told.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. In fact this is already my 2nd episode in 2 years. I shall wait and let nature takes its course since doc says that there is no hurry to do D&C straight away.

Clariceseah, we are going through the same thing now.. I can understand how you feel and my eyes are still swollen from the crying this morning.. We got to be strong and deal with it. Believe that a healthy baby will come along when it's time.. cheers..

Big hugs ladies. . I had two miscarriages over 4 yrs. Many ppl say time will heal but it didn't. If its yours, they will be back to be yours.
I am currently 36 weeks pregnant. Finally after 5 yrs. So don't give up hope.. I am sure u all will be blessed.

Thank u all....
I just started spotting last night. Should I go see a doctor immediately? Or only if its bleeding? I'm already going to see the doctor on Monday.

Yeap.. call clinic. If spotting is like little then I will leave it. Unless its bigger than a 50cent then only I will go see doc.

Hi Mummies,

I first time pregnant and feel very excited.
My last day of period is on 06May14 till now should be abt 9week if i not wrong? But diff app calcualte diff lea.. some said 7wk,8wk or 9wk lo.. haiz..

On 07July14, I alone went to KKH for my first appt wif the gyane he is senior consultant. He scanned my tummy said cant heard the bb heartbeat only can see the placenta.
Then he said try to scanned at virginal again but still cant see.. i dun understand what we have placenta but why inside no baby at all.. i feel so sad and i cried....:(...

The doc asked me go back on 16July(Wed) to do a scanning again... i feel so scared and need to wait for 1 wk.. my feeling is so down lo.....
But i tell myself i need to stay positive if nope will affect the baby.. I think maybe baby is shy shy dun wan let us see first lo..
so i shall wait... but sometime i think abt it will auto drop my tear...

I hope everything is alright and next wk able to see it.. Pray to God and dun be fear just put all in his hand... :)

Hi shirleyten..
The result ytd is bad.. 10wk should at least see something but doc check n do u/S also dun have anything inside at all.mean have placetna but inside no baby lo..doc ask me to do operation next wk clear it asap n then wait after 2-3mth try again..

Feel so disappointed for my first pregnancy..:-(

Shirleyten thank for yr concern..

I have to try again next time but abit scared lo..but i have to be strong so can have bb next time

Hi Janis. I am sure the next baby will stick. Have faith and hope.

I had 2 MC and my first one is the same situation as you. Took me 3 yrs to try again and end up chemical. And rested another one yr to conceive and I am going to deliver soon. Don't give up. Things happen for a reason. Baby don't want u to suffer as well.. which is why they choose to end it early. Hugs

Hi Janis, take care of yourself. I'm sure that you'll be both physically and mentally ready for the next one soon. As for myself, I'm still in anticipation as my next appt is only next Thursday. Hope that miracle does happen.

Hi Janis....big hugssssss.....

please take care of yourself and try to do a mini confinement. But not too much ginger. I did a mini confinement for a week and eat lots of black fungus 黑木耳. Do not take cold/refrigerated stuff.

If you have been seeing TCM, do go back and tiao your body. it helps.

Dun give up ok.....i am sure we will have our rainbow baby soon! ;)

I discovered I was pregnant on 11th June, tru the test kits. Then seen kkh 24hours clinic cos bleeding heavily on the 13th. They took my blood n 4 days later I went back to take blood. Results? Increased 30% in levels only.
At that point the normal ultrasound can't detect the sac n so on the 2nd blood test day, they sent me to the detailed diagnostic dept n they found out I had a tiny yolk n sac measuring 5 weeks.

Then I made appt to tmc 2weeks+ later, on 16/7, doc can't find the fetus or the heartbeat. Only the shell got bigger. N a faint shadow is in the shell. Haiz.

Anyone can recommend a doc experienced in such complications?

I'm really feeling down.

N also I'm not ovulating monthly so I don't know my actual mense date. I do know mid may n mid June i bled heavily like heavy mense ..

MXLO@ sure i will eat black fungus..
Ok if can go tcm to tiao hope it work..
Ask u arh.. after i operations can i ask the massage ladies to come n help me massage my womb to orginal position?

Starlight@ same as me.. dun be too sad.. when u think more postive will be ok de.. i seek for doc advise doc said this kind of things 5out of 1 ppl will have de mean quite high chance.. who know maybe next want will be better n gd for us...always think is God plan if not gd just that it away rather when come out liao got any problem as a parent also feel heart pain.. no offend just wan to let u knw tat all..

No matter what take care yr health and 看开。everything will be alright.. ok :)

Jia you u can do it de..cos i overcome it n look very open n happy liao..

Now waiting for my operations on 22july n will rest at hme to tiao my body back after 2~3mth try again as what the rest of the mummies said too.. cheer..

I keep u in my prayer =)

Hi Starlights, you have to prepare yourself emotionally. This pregnancy is not successful. Sorry that I am so straight forward but I rather u know the truth rather than pin high hope. As we all know, heavy bleeding in pregnancy is a big no no. It doesn't matter when u O cos through scan, the sac size could determine how many weeks you are in. You mentioned that last menses is 11 Jun. So by now there should be at least fetus pole or heartbeat to be heard. I know what you are going through and i wish i have better news. I spent over 1K in 1 mth becos of this situation but ended in a miscarriage with a D&C procedure. So no matter which gynae u go to. I would say u already knew the answer. Hugs.

Janis I did not do any massage cos I dun think my womb move in position. But maybe help you to expel stuff that are not suppose to be there.
I went back to my tcm the very next day after I had the d&c. She just gave me medi and told me wat to eat and wat not to eat. And after 2 to 3 cycles can try again, which now we are trying.

Agree with shirleytan. Starlights jus be prepared and rmbr you are not alone. Some of us here has been thru wat you are going thru now. It is tough emotionally but like Janis say must see it in a different perspective. I took a while to overcome it. Cry if you must but life must go on and nurse your health back then try again. Never give up!!

Actually I still confused de. Mid june that time if I never test via the kit, I probably thought I was mensurating lo.

Anyone got take the med to purge the thing out? I really is terrified of the idea of d &c.. like wad if doc overdo it etc? ?

I'm a lil panicky.

Back in my heart I know half half it's over la.

Another part of me thinks maybe it's too shy. Argh.

My hub say me direct too, don't自欺欺人。my hub is very rational 1, he said to me before, he rather not have kid than to have abnormal 1, n that he rather save the mom over the bb if my life should ever be in danger.

But I emo v easily cos I get sick easily too. I miscarried b4 but I was stubborn that time, never bother to do anything.

I think I should see TCM too. My gf says dr tan qiu boey. Another say dr tan lee kee. Hmmm.

Hi ladies, thanks for the kind advise.
Sorry for my random rants. At present I'm just v sad at these depressing thoughts.. n stressed... very tired physically n mentally for the past 4weeks...

Last edited:
Mine is D&C cos through medication to expel out.. if its not out entirely. . U may have to D&C. I prefer the straight to the point and move on procedure. U won't feel anything cos u will have full body anesthetic. U won't even know u went through the procedure already. Whats painful is the next day cos u will bleed like menses for a few days and cramping.

Is good to say it out rather than keeping all in. Hubby is going through all these as well so don't ever think to them is like easier said than done.. they r as heartbroken as we r and yet have to be strong for us.

The day I know I am having Blighted Ovum, I went for 2nd opinion and confirms it.. immediately there is a slot for D&C and I went ahead. Everything in one day. But I went through 1 mth of repeat visiting to gynae.

That was my first pregnancy. My sister was preg too and we are 2 weeks difference. My nephew is growing well. 4 yrs old liao. I look at him and I saw my unborn child shadow. But again. . If he/she were unhealthy in mid twrm then I have to choose.. that will be even more devastating. So I rather it happens early so the pain will not be so hard.

I am sure ur rainbow baby will come and stick. Just needed the right moment.

Hi starlight, I'm in quite the same situation as you.. last scan did not show growth. So looking forward to seeing the bb heartbeat at 8 weeks but fetal pole remained at 6 weeks. Doc says it's no good. But I asked to wait and give it another chance. It has since been 10 days with no signs of mc yet. However, my nightmare came yesterday when I started spotting with a small clot. Deep down in my heart I know it's no hope but I still wish for a miracle to happen. I'm seeing my doc to do a another scan on monday.. You are not being 自欺欺人, we just want to be sure that it is not a misdiagnosis. Cheers and 加油!

Thanks Amanda. Alot what ifs in my mind...

Hi Shirley, did ur doc give u mc or hospital leave? I ah took 6~7 days mc over the past few weeks liao.

Doc say after e procedure I need to rest at home 5 days. I wasn't listening much when she did the explanations. o_O

I'm viewing my friends Facebook oh... It seems that at week 8 the fetus is very obvious already at 2~3cm n with the heartbeat etc.

Mine was only a mere 1 cm.

Guess my body not healthy that's y got this condition. Hub said y I'm so whiny. Sian.

I plan to do my own confinement n i goggled online, got this webby "new baby.sg" that sells confinement herbs... anyone tried that b4? Or should I ask in a different thread?

Starlights. U can ask for HL from ur gynae. That time mine is MC cos I dunno there is this thing call HL. Too sad to think of anything and my boss allows me to take 2 weeks off work to settle myself before I go back. I didn't do any confinement. Nobody says anything. Its not that ur body had any problem. Its just that u and bb has no fate.. I strongly believe "if its yours, no matter what, it will be yours". Don't blame urself. . Nobody fault. Just unfortunate only. I know u have alot of "Why Me?" So take time to grieve.. I know its impossible to forget. So just park it in ur heart till the next baby comes. Hugs

Hi starlight, I'm in quite the same situation as you.. last scan did not show growth. So looking forward to seeing the bb heartbeat at 8 weeks but fetal pole remained at 6 weeks. Doc says it's no good. But I asked to wait and give it another chance. It has since been 10 days with no signs of mc yet. However, my nightmare came yesterday when I started spotting with a small clot. Deep down in my heart I know it's no hope but I still wish for a miracle to happen. I'm seeing my doc to do a another scan on monday.. You are not being 自欺欺人, we just want to be sure that it is not a misdiagnosis. Cheers and 加油!

Amanda, good luck for Monday check. Just be prepared. Cos u know ur body best and I am sure u did alot of googling.

I asked for HL be cos I had taken too many mc when I was pregnant that time. Spotting and stuff.

Please dun blame yourself. Gynae say it's very common like 1 in 5 pregnancy ends up like that. My own GP also say so and only the strongest will survive. For our case it could chromosonal issues whereby there are missing data when during the time the sperm enters the egg it starts to multiply the cells somehow it does not have the data needed to grow from certain weeks.

I rather not keep a bb that is unhealthy and at least I know now and it happens before 2nd tri then to realise it when the baby is formed.

Everything happens for a reason my dear! ! I take as a life lesson learn. It has been hard but I learn to accept Wat comes my way and am thankful for my friends and family that stood by me.

Hi mummy..

Ytd i went to doc appt and cfm that no bb in my placenta although im 11wk now. Im prepared for operation today.. today 22july morning had operation overall successfully.. at first in operation rm abt scared once take the oxygen n i fall slp le.. wake up im done and i cried for awhile cos feeling sad is naturally. Now resting at hme and need to do like confinement lady lo. Need more rest and next wk gg back to wrk again.. i tot doc will give 2wk mc but mine only 4day but i think ok ba if not feeling well will see doc again..

Tml will be vomiting and feeling terrible cos doc said the medicine will in my body for 48~72hr depend on ppl lo..

Im gald that everything is over now.. i can be normal like before once my body ok i will wish to try again not to give up lo..:) if i can u all also can do it de..

Thank you God for the successfully operation. Amen!:)

Janis. Its ok to feel sad and grieve. It takes time to heal.. i know its an unforgettable journey that u will place in ur heart. No doubt abt that.

Rest a few mths and then start trying again ba.. don't be like me.. waited 3 yrs then start my engine.

I am delivering on 23 Jul. May ur rainbow baby be with u soon. Baby Dust to all!

Hi mummy..

...... i tot doc will give 2wk mc but mine only 4day but i think ok ba if not feeling well will see doc again..

Tml will be vomiting and feeling terrible cos doc said the medicine will in my body for 48~72hr depend on ppl lo..

Im gald that everything is over now.. i can be normal like before once my body ok i will wish to try again not to give up lo..:) if i can u all also can do it de..

Thank you God for the successfully operation. Amen!:)
Hi dear I also went yesterday. *hugs*

How r u now?

Btw I'm not even bleeding now so should I be concerned with this?

My doc gave 14days HL...so probably if I were u I will insist for more. Need to do confinement n 4 days is not enough to do so...

N my doc never tell me if theres going to be any side effects at all, just merely prescribed me with antibiotics for 5 days n 6 pieces of pontans (painkillers). o_O

Shirleyten@
Sure i will keep trying de.=)

Starlights@ i went to KKh in the morning. Afternoon abt 12.~1pm leave le..

Im feeling better le.

Not so sure le.. i bleeding is those brownish lo. Nurse said i operations lost alots of blood lo..tat what i knw..
U can call doc to check?

Wow..so gd lea i wan 2wk lo.but nurse said only managed to take 4~7day for this kind of minior operations lo..i will go back to doc or go gp ask for more mc lo. No choice..

Ya me also same.. u jaga yrself today maybe the antiseptic will make show effect today is what the nurse said..will feel slpy,giddy etc ok..

I asked nurse need to do like confinement after operation but she said no need anythinh can eat i abit doubt lea but we never do stitche or anything lo. My womb also nt pain too like normal for every thing..

Which hospital u go??:)

Hey Janis/Starlights, I also did my ops yesterday on 22 july since scan din show any growth. Feeling totally fine now except for slight cramps. Doc says can eat anything and no need to do confinement. And so, I'm gg back to work tomorrow to keep myself occupied..

All the best ladies and jia you!!

Amanda@hope u will be recover soon.. but if can eat abit of herbel to heal the blood u had lost ytd.. ok..
My mum said once i go back wrk if can eat those herbel soup is gd for body also.. u jagar yrself if not feeling well go see doc ok =)

Shirleyten@
Sure i will keep trying de.=)

Starlights@ i went to KKh in the morning. Afternoon abt 12.~1pm leave le..

Im feeling better le.

Not so sure le.. i bleeding is those brownish lo. Nurse said i operations lost alots of blood lo..tat what i knw..
U can call doc to check?

Wow..so gd lea i wan 2wk lo.but nurse said only managed to take 4~7day for this kind of minior operations lo..i will go back to doc or go gp ask for more mc lo. No choice..

Ya me also same.. u jaga yrself today maybe the antiseptic will make show effect today is what the nurse said..will feel slpy,giddy etc ok..

I asked nurse need to do like confinement after operation but she said no need anythinh can eat i abit doubt lea but we never do stitche or anything lo. My womb also nt pain too like normal for every thing..

Which hospital u go??:)
I went TMC. Kns small procedure also need 3k. Next gynae shall be kkh. =(

N did doc give u anything to 补血? My gf ask me ma n she was surprised y i didn't have. I dunno lo.

N.. nothing leh. I just checked. Nothing on my pad. No cramps either. I'm wondering if blood clot stuck inside.

Ger if u can buy some confinement food to eat, I asked 10 ladies n all said got to do it, it would do good for ur next pregnancy. At least 7 days. By right even plain water u can't drink so u say leh. Can't touch water too. I'm wearing long sleeves, long pants, gloves n socks plus hoodie. Plus slipper.

N if u do it right u might have lesser MS for ur next pregnancy. I think i Kiasi abit la. Health is more impt.

Hey Janis/Starlights, I also did my ops yesterday on 22 july since scan din show any growth. Feeling totally fine now except for slight cramps. Doc says can eat anything and no need to do confinement. And so, I'm gg back to work tomorrow to keep myself occupied..

All the best ladies and jia you!!
Eh u very strong leh. I'm still lying on bed. Still abit tiring..

I find private gynae at kkh and cost abt 1220 after medisave maybe will be more waiting for cfm by them.

Nope.

I not sure also.. =!

My mum n mil cook for me confinement food but i still wear sleevless lo cos too hot liao.. cannot tahen but gt wear shoes lo..

Really arh.. i will try lo.. cos really hot nowday nie..

Me keep lying on bed i very boring lo..
So watch tv n lay on sofa hee..

Back