(2014/12) Dec 2014 Mummies

She is reliable. And only take alternate month jobs.
Hi
I would like to recommend my confinement nanny who is doing now doing confinement for me. She is hygienic, caring in looking after baby and she cleans kitchen after each cooking. During her stay with us, my girl was infected with virus and I have to bring my boy to paed on each alternate day. She looks after my girl while I am out with my boy. In summary, I will not survive without her great help. She is highly recommended.

HI Yan Lin , are u able to give me your confinement lady contact no, my edd is 28th dec.

Hi ,any kind soul can add me to the fb group?: ( I requested a few times but not added yet. My email is [email protected] . My edd is 2 Dec. Anyone interested in going for prenatal yoga? Planning to sign up for ten lessons at vanda yoga.

ya this is my first child...
i asked my HR, and she wasn't very helpful. just gave me all the clauses that I can read myself on MOM website.
And MOM came back with this reply :

"If the employee had given birth towards the end of the year , she will be on maternity leave for the rest of 2014. As such, she may not have the opportunity to take her childcare leave in 2014. In that case, she could only start taking her childcare leave from 2015 to 2021."

So in both cases (MOM and HR) I asked them back if that means I have to forfeit my childcare leave for this year, no reply. argh. seems like we really got to forfeit..?

any mummies or mtb has similar experiences, can share how you all resolve/plan to resolve it?
Hi Olivia G, if you gave birth in dec,by the time your maternity leave finishes,it will b in yr 2015...thus 2014 childcare leave will b forfeited n can only use the childcare leave from 2015...anyway if u are the 1st mummies..childcare leave for 2014 is consider pro-rated....from the day you give birth unless this is your 2nd child....hope father n mother enjoys 6 days of childcare leave separately...hope this helps...

what if u apply cc leave immed aft delivery n take maternity leave until it is approved, then take cc leave, n then take maternity leave agn aft tat?
Hi Mika Rei,company will starts the maternity leave straight away from the day u gave birth...have to show HR ur baby birth cert....I have tried...my 1st baby boy due date suppose to be on 26 Jan..so I started taking leave on 13 Jan hopefully to take a little break b4 giving birth...who noes I gave birth on the 14 jan..initially I tot I can take my leave then after that maternity leave....but no lor...they start maternity on the 14 jan n my leave is wasted...

Hi Mika Rei,company will starts the maternity leave straight away from the day u gave birth...have to show HR ur baby birth cert....I have tried...my 1st baby boy due date suppose to be on 26 Jan..so I started taking leave on 13 Jan hopefully to take a little break b4 giving birth...who noes I gave birth on the 14 jan..initially I tot I can take my leave then after that maternity leave....but no lor...they start maternity on the 14 jan n my leave is wasted...

hi hi

Ya Mika rei for maternity we need to take 2 months straight after delivery, only remaining 2 months then can break..

Constantine - can take cc leave before delivery meh? that was what i initially planned but my HR say cannot..

MOM came back with this "The childcare leave entitlement is 6 days per year per parent. If the employee gave birth sometime during the year, she could take the first entitlement of childcare leave in the year in which the child was born OR the next year. You are not forfeting your childcare leave this year. Either way, the entitlement is 6 days per year and up to a cap of 42 days leave. The entitlement is 6 days per year and is not pro-rated unless the employee did not work the full year. "

they say no need to forfeit but i don;t quite understand hahah..
unless MOM is saying that my cc leave is for mid dec 2014 - mid 2015, but read somewhere about the calendar year vs birth year. so complicated..:confused:

but Constantine you highlighted a good point that cc leave will be prorated...so if i deliver in mid dec, after prorating will be negligible so i think just forget it for this year i guess......

Hi ,any kind soul can add me to the fb group?: ( I requested a few times but not added yet. My email is [email protected] . My edd is 2 Dec. Anyone interested in going for prenatal yoga? Planning to sign up for ten lessons at vanda yoga.

I'm planning to do pre natal yoga too!! but haven't been sourcing, though a friend recommended this personalised trainer that comes to ur place for 1-1 session at $60 per session (1 hr). thought abit ex and 1-1 very stress...cannot slack!

How much is Vanda yoga charging? Are they good?

hi hi

Ya Mika rei for maternity we need to take 2 months straight after delivery, only remaining 2 months then can break..

Constantine - can take cc leave before delivery meh? that was what i initially planned but my HR say cannot..

MOM came back with this "The childcare leave entitlement is 6 days per year per parent. If the employee gave birth sometime during the year, she could take the first entitlement of childcare leave in the year in which the child was born OR the next year. You are not forfeting your childcare leave this year. Either way, the entitlement is 6 days per year and up to a cap of 42 days leave. The entitlement is 6 days per year and is not pro-rated unless the employee did not work the full year. "

they say no need to forfeit but i don;t quite understand hahah..
unless MOM is saying that my cc leave is for mid dec 2014 - mid 2015, but read somewhere about the calendar year vs birth year. so complicated..:confused:

but Constantine you highlighted a good point that cc leave will be prorated...so if i deliver in mid dec, after prorating will be negligible so i think just forget it for this year i guess......
Hi Olivia G, Childcare leave cannot b taken before the baby is born unless they got siblings above them under 7yrs old...wat I mean is I took my annual leave...n they dun allow me to clear the 2 weeks AL that I took before they start the maternity leave..they straight start the day u gave birth...I am also trying to manage my AL for this yr as my company only allows me to bring forward 5 days n clear my childcare leave before my due date...if not all will b forfeited.....

Hi Olivia G, Childcare leave cannot b taken before the baby is born unless they got siblings above them under 7yrs old...wat I mean is I took my annual leave...n they dun allow me to clear the 2 weeks AL that I took before they start the maternity leave..they straight start the day u gave birth...I am also trying to manage my AL for this yr as my company only allows me to bring forward 5 days n clear my childcare leave before my due date...if not all will b forfeited.....
then i better start sorting out my AL w my HR. forfeit too many days v sayang...

i see....
ya same here of annual leave can only carry forward 5 days and must finish by qtr 1 (which i'll still be on maternity) so i'm rushing to clear up my leave before i go also.....

hihi,

I'm a first time mtb..edd is 16th dec. :) pls advise if the Facebook page is private group? kindly add mi in also thanks!

Any one visits TCM doctors during the pregnancy to "tiao" the body? This is my second pregnancy and I feel so lousy. So tired, breathless, cold at times and always feel numbness when i wake up. Wonder if my body is too weak....

Any one visits TCM doctors during the pregnancy to "tiao" the body? This is my second pregnancy and I feel so lousy. So tired, breathless, cold at times and always feel numbness when i wake up. Wonder if my body is too weak....

I wanted to go tiao my body before pregnancy but got pregnant on first try even before I took the herbs. Right after that, I stopped all TCM visits as I think eating healthily is more important. I on't want any herbs or medication in my body that may affect the baby.

Anybody experienced low blood pressure? Mine is quite low 90/50...but my gynea didnt prescribe additional iron supplement.. coz the multivit alrdy contain iron.. often feel giddy/dizzy n sometimes want to faint :confused:

Anybody experienced low blood pressure? Mine is quite low 90/50...but my gynea didnt prescribe additional iron supplement.. coz the multivit alrdy contain iron.. often feel giddy/dizzy n sometimes want to faint :confused:

I also got low blood.. Gynae gave me iron supplements... but i still feel giddy easily.... :( no appetite to eat too...

Hi All Mums To Be.. just joined this group.. am a first time mom too.. my EDD is 7 Dec.. am excited.. thou went thru alil rough phase of 1st trimester.. getting back on track now.. n waiting to feel my baby's movement. :)

Hi, may I know what is the correct dose of folic acid to take in pregnancy? I have seen 5mg and 800mg? Seemed strange to vary so much. Thanks.

Hi, may I know what is the correct dose of folic acid to take in pregnancy? I have seen 5mg and 800mg? Seemed strange to vary so much. Thanks.
5mg n I think the other is 800mcg = 8mg. Usually gynea prescribe 5mg is more than enff. If not mistaken. Cheers!

8mcg should be sufficient unless doc prescribe otherwise. Like if you have a case of having a spina bilfada child before etc.

I wanted to go tiao my body before pregnancy but got pregnant on first try even before I took the herbs. Right after that, I stopped all TCM visits as I think eating healthily is more important. I on't want any herbs or medication in my body that may affect the baby.

Hello MistyCloud, I have heard of mummies who went to "tiao" during their pregnancies but most seemed to have pre-existing conditions suc as poor appetite, weak gastric etc. If you are healthy and well, then just enjoy a good and balanced diet till your delivery and that should be good enough. Do "tiao", take good care of urself during your confinement stage though, there are some chinese medical halls out there that supplies confinement tonic soups for 28 days. Enjoy ur pregnancy! :)

Back