Support group - Miscarriages

Hey ladies, so if I have antibodies and have to take aspirin. I still can be pregnant with a healthy bb right? Just that gynea needs to be more careful and take blood test to monitor regularly? I am worried that I can get pregnant but cannot keep the pregnancy till full term in the future.

Hey ladies, so if I have antibodies and have to take aspirin. I still can be pregnant with a healthy bb right? Just that gynea needs to be more careful and take blood test to monitor regularly? I am worried that I can get pregnant but cannot keep the pregnancy till full term in the future.
Actually I started taking baby aspirin before ttc. But antibodies and sticky blood is different. The qns u ask I think u shd seek dr advised better. Basically a lot of ttc ladies who take clomid also take baby aspirin.

Ultimately we speak from experience but ur health condition only ur dr will know best to advise u what meds suits u.

Baby aspirin can be bought in pharmacy just need to tell them to thin the blood while antibodies is another thing u will need rheumatologiest to prescribe medi for u. If for nk cells if borden line rheumatologiest may prescribe only prednisolone for high nk cells dr will ask to do ivig as well. So is better u check w ur dr for more details as he shld know better from the report shown. From there dr can have better plan for u b4 or during ttc n during pregnancy.

Thanks Ladies for sharing. I will just focus on recovering after Hysteroscopy which will take place end of the month. After two months, then will think about TTC again.

Thanks Ladies for sharing. I will just focus on recovering after Hysteroscopy which will take place end of the month. After two months, then will think about TTC again.
jia you, all will go well :)
sorry ah we dont dare to advise to medical terms, in case give u wrong info. so best follow ur gynae, but we can share our past experiences and what we experience well.

Speedy recovery!

Thanks hopeful mum. I understand. I just received the blood test result mailed to my house. The exact result is that I am tested positive for anti nuclear antibodies (ANA). Sorry to keep persuing this. But is there any ladies who has successful pregnancy despite tested positive to ANA? I need some hope. Feel that all problems lies with me and there is nothing I can do about it and it's hard to keep my mindset positive.

Thanks hopeful mum. I understand. I just received the blood test result mailed to my house. The exact result is that I am tested positive for anti nuclear antibodies (ANA). Sorry to keep persuing this. But is there any ladies who has successful pregnancy despite tested positive to ANA? I need some hope. Feel that all problems lies with me and there is nothing I can do about it and it's hard to keep my mindset positive.
Positive ANA? Is that nk cells? What is the number shown in the report?

I think for further details u may need to see rheumatologiest. As ANA or sticky blood both will be under rheumatologiest. The dr will guide n let u know the plan for u.

U are very lucky to find out ur issues early. At least for future pregnancies u can be treated. I think now u shd heed give a hope advise.

It's not the end of the world and can be treated leading to a successful pregnancy.

U see me lost so many times then find out prob go thru so much heartache. So don't give up and don't blame urself. U will be successful but now u need to seek proper treatment.

1) go Pte
2) go subsidy. If u have time u can try the sub route. The savings is a lot.

If u are financially sound then go Pte wil be much faster.

Hi, my gynea just mentioned to go see him after my hysterscopy is done and I have recovered (two months later). He will then see if I need to see a rheumatologiest or not.

It is just frustrating to find one problem after another problem. I will try and keep a positive mind set. Thanks ladies, you all have been given great support.

Hi, my gynea just mentioned to go see him after my hysterscopy is done and I have recovered (two months later). He will then see if I need to see a rheumatologiest or not.

It is just frustrating to find one problem after another problem. I will try and keep a positive mind set. Thanks ladies, you all have been given great support.
Don't give yourself too much stress. To me i won't think it is another problem but yet problem found w solutions which is good sign.

Just share on my own experience.
I got my report from previous gynae that my ANA is trace and he asked me to redo the antibodies test as sometimes some mtb only have it during pregnancy. So i decided to go nuh n rheumatologiest ordered some of the test to be done in repeated lost dept. She has discharged me from seeing her as my nk cells is still under normal range but i still feel mbe i shld c gynae n get more advice b4 ttc again. From there i went to c prof mahesh according to him my nk cells is abit too high if I'm pregnant. He then intro dr sheila which is one of my choice for nuh rheumatologiest to be visited previously but due to her busy schedule n i don wish to wish to wait too long for test n result i didn't managed to c her. According to dr sheila average accepted range for nk cells will be 12 but mine shown 18 therfore i will need the support of prednisolone together w ivig when pregnant to support the pregnancy. So that is not end of the world n u can still ttc as per normal.

My personal thinking is go to right dr for right treatments everything will be alright.

Haha i even joke w my hub I'm everything alright just that for pregnancy i will need medical support n his support. Now everyday my dh n myself always says jiauou together w our beanie. Pray hard beanie growing well n healthy everything to me is nth even I'm scare of jab n drip.

Hey everyone. Doctor said my baby didn't grow in the past week so I guess I know what's coming.
I was reading what u all have been discussing about - ANA. When did u all do the test? Is it a simple blood test?

Hey everyone. Doctor said my baby didn't grow in the past week so I guess I know what's coming.
I was reading what u all have been discussing about - ANA. When did u all do the test? Is it a simple blood test?
Nope it is not a common blood test. Usally dr only did it for those w repeated lost. It is to test antibodies in our body.
You may check w ur gynae any test he would like to do.

how does one get referred to the nuh dept for recurrent miscarriages? can call n not go thru polyclinic? if I have 2 in a row will they still see me? do I have to do the blood test in preggy state or after that is fine? sorry if I sound all over the place. I had a missed miscarriage at 16 weeks but discovered it at 20 weeks on fri 13 dec 2013. now I think I have a blighted ovum. waiting for mon to scan for a heartbeat been brown spotting n I think Its all gone since I dont feel nauseous at all.

how does one get referred to the nuh dept for recurrent miscarriages? can call n not go thru polyclinic? if I have 2 in a row will they still see me? do I have to do the blood test in preggy state or after that is fine? sorry if I sound all over the place. I had a missed miscarriage at 16 weeks but discovered it at 20 weeks on fri 13 dec 2013. now I think I have a blighted ovum. waiting for mon to scan for a heartbeat been brown spotting n I think Its all gone since I dont feel nauseous at all.
They normally give priority to patients with 3 or more losses. I hear ladies with 2 losses also managed to see but the waiting time is much longer compared to those with more losses. Actually go to polyclinic very fast. They give u later. Within first mth they will arrange for u to go to o&g. Then u will see a junior dr, they will report up to recurrent loss unit. Then the drs at recurrent loss unit will determine and arrange another time for u. Some ppl waited for 4mths. Some ppl like me see within 1mth after I see the jr dr.

Meanwhile u also need to rest. I suggest u go with referral letter. If there's really an issue u wil be glad that u are on subsidy cox the cost difference is very high yet the attention given is good and strong support. But if u can afford and u don't want to wait then see them in Pte.

When u see them sometimes they will also ask u not to ttc immediately. Do u still have to wait. This is just my 2cents worth.

Meanwhile u take care.

hi thanks very much. so its still possible to see them as private patient n not go thru polyclinic right.been crying alot. I began to feel im so fated not to have another child. I have been on bed rest for 3 weeks n the spotting is on off. was on jabs n hospitalised twice. its like a bad nightmare. my first born was a smooth pregnancy. sorry if I m ranting but im dealing with this all alone with my hubbie. my parents think I brght it upon myself cos I conceived within 6 mths after the last miscarriage. I didn't want to share with my frens to save myself from endless explanation.

hi thanks very much. so its still possible to see them as private patient n not go thru polyclinic right.been crying alot. I began to feel im so fated not to have another child. I have been on bed rest for 3 weeks n the spotting is on off. was on jabs n hospitalised twice. its like a bad nightmare. my first born was a smooth pregnancy. sorry if I m ranting but im dealing with this all alone with my hubbie. my parents think I brght it upon myself cos I conceived within 6 mths after the last miscarriage. I didn't want to share with my frens to save myself from endless explanation.
i think they dont have a recurrent loss unit for pte patients, but what u can do is u can go to the gynae (prof Mahesh) as a pte patient. He will refer you to Dr Shelia (rheumatologiest) if he finds the need to do any tests.

So maybe u can make an appt with Prof Mahesh. i think Give a Hope should be able to advise you on this. She is a pte patient seeing mahesh.

Don't give yourself too much stress. To me i won't think it is another problem but yet problem found w solutions which is good sign.

Just share on my own experience.
I got my report from previous gynae that my ANA is trace and he asked me to redo the antibodies test as sometimes some mtb only have it during pregnancy. So i decided to go nuh n rheumatologiest ordered some of the test to be done in repeated lost dept. She has discharged me from seeing her as my nk cells is still under normal range but i still feel mbe i shld c gynae n get more advice b4 ttc again. From there i went to c prof mahesh according to him my nk cells is abit too high if I'm pregnant. He then intro dr sheila which is one of my choice for nuh rheumatologiest to be visited previously but due to her busy schedule n i don wish to wish to wait too long for test n result i didn't managed to c her. According to dr sheila average accepted range for nk cells will be 12 but mine shown 18 therfore i will need the support of prednisolone together w ivig when pregnant to support the pregnancy. So that is not end of the world n u can still ttc as per normal.

My personal thinking is go to right dr for right treatments everything will be alright.

Haha i even joke w my hub I'm everything alright just that for pregnancy i will need medical support n his support. Now everyday my dh n myself always says jiauou together w our beanie. Pray hard beanie growing well n healthy everything to me is nth even I'm scare of jab n drip.

Hi Give a Hope, this is very useful. Thanks for sharing. I am will stick to this gynea for the time being and see what he advice. Actually I really don't know if this is the right doc for me as well. But now that I have a clearer idea of what is ANA. I will ask my gynea for his opinion. At the same time, I also found that you ladies have been going to NUH to see Dr Shelia and also read articles on how they have managed to increase the pregnancy success rate. I will keep them in mind as well.

I will be praying for you as well that you are your beanie will grow well and healthy. Really looking forward to hear good news from you. :) Jia you!

Hi crayoncin, I had two mc as well. It is okie to cry and rant anything you want here. Hope everything turns out well for you.

Hi Clariceseah, my gynea called it miscarriage blood profile test. It will test for antibodies in your body and thyroid levels. He will do for those who had more than 2 miscarriage. I am test positive for anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA) and will need to take some medicine before ttc.

Hi Give a Hope, this is very useful. Thanks for sharing. I am will stick to this gynea for the time being and see what he advice. Actually I really don't know if this is the right doc for me as well. But now that I have a clearer idea of what is ANA. I will ask my gynea for his opinion. At the same time, I also found that you ladies have been going to NUH to see Dr Shelia and also read articles on how they have managed to increase the pregnancy success rate. I will keep them in mind as well.

I will be praying for you as well that you are your beanie will grow well and healthy. Really looking forward to hear good news from you. :) Jia you!
Actually ANA is still not details enough to know our condition. Suggest is to see rheumatologiest and get proper treatment from there. Yup that is what i did when i heard ANA n googled n found an article on proper treatments n successful rate. There is a hope if there is a solution for the problem. Jiayou :)

Yup crossed fingers toes eveywhere for healthy n growing well beanie in me. Hope beanie are doing well n c beanie again next week :)

Hi Clariceseah, my gynea called it miscarriage blood profile test. It will test for antibodies in your body and thyroid levels. He will do for those who had more than 2 miscarriage. I am test positive for anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA) and will need to take some medicine before ttc.
Thank you... This is my first so I hope I'll never have to do it......
I hope all of u get some good news soon.

Hi, my gynea just mentioned to go see him after my hysterscopy is done and I have recovered (two months later). He will then see ed to see a rheumatologiest or not.

Chew r u seeing dr loh too? He asked me to see him 2 weeks after my hysterscopy. Had been v unwell after the surgery. Loss appetite n nauseated...cant eat anything...suspect that the antibiotics so I stopped halfway.

Chew r u seeing dr loh too? He asked me to see him 2 weeks after my hysterscopy. Had been v unwell after the surgery. Loss appetite n nauseated...cant eat anything...suspect that the antibiotics so I stopped halfway.

Hi hi,

I am seeing Dr Beh for the surgery and it's schedule end of the month. How come feeling unwell? I thought antibiotics is suppose to finish the full course and it is to prevent infection? Think you better go back to Dr Loh for checkup. When is your next appt with Dr Loh?

Hi ladies, anyone seeing TSB after mc? Any weird symptoms after taking her herbs? I always gets pink discharge the day after consuming her herbs! It lasts for a very short while each time. Any experience to share?

d&c is the day of op, natural is the day the sac flow out. That's how I count.

I believe we all experienced that before. Never wanted AF to report so badly, and wanted to start ttc again soon. So, gonna keep reminding myself that its for our health seek as well. We need to be in good health to carry our rainbow baby in future. Endure! :)

Did gynae give you any medication to help pass out remaining tissue? Though natural mc is better then d&c, but there is also fear that tissue that remains may cause infection etc. For natural mc, gynae did give me medication and my tcm also ask me to drink 生化汤 for the same purpose too.

Sometimes our body takes time to react, since you are going back to gynae every week, I think dun worry so much as they are keeping close monitor on the progress.

Hormones can really go haywire, my first mc was at 9th week, pregnancy symptoms very strong, so never knew bb's heartbeat already stopped for 2 weeks. Gynae adviced me to wait another week for natural mc, but still it did not happen. So, no choice got to opt for d&c. For almost 1 month my body did not even know that my bb is not surviving in my womb, I am still having morning sickness etc. After d&c, my body also took the wrong signal, thought I had given birth, so I started produce milk and very engorged breasts. Its very sad then, i had to take pills to stop the milk production.

So every individual body condition reacts differently, dun worry too much, if really got doubts just clear with gynae, they are a better person to answer our queries. I am glad my gynae gave me her personal email to clear my doubts.

Dear princessleopard, i just lost my bb at 9wks too. Did the D&C 2wks ago. My morning sickness gradually getting better and better each day...which eventually i don't feel at all. I am surprised that your body actually went ahead with post pregnancy symptoms. Already very upset still have to go through all the nonsense. I still feel my breast very sore...I dont intend to wait for first AF to report to ttc again. I read alot of M/C stories online and many ladies conceived again 2 wks after the first miscarriage. My gynae says as long as I am ready and no bleeding..i can try.

Just wondering if there are any success stories of ladies who have suffered from miscarriages to conceive soon again and everything goes well? There has been so much phobia and negative feelings after a miscarriage. hope to read some positive stories to build up my faith again. :(

Yes I agree. This is my 2nd miscarriage within 3 months. Sigh. Sometimes I think if I should try again. This time my gynae recommend to try 2 to 3 months later. I choose the natural way, now still waiting for it to come.

Hi hi,

I am seeing Dr Beh for the surgery and it's schedule end of the month. How come feeling unwell? I thought antibiotics is suppose to finish the full course and it is to prevent infection? Think you better go back to Dr Loh for checkup. When is your next appt with Dr Loh?
yes i m seeing him on 22july. :(

Just wondering if there are any success stories of ladies who have suffered from miscarriages to conceive soon again and everything goes well? There has been so much phobia and negative feelings after a miscarriage. hope to read some positive stories to build up my faith again. :(
Yes I agree. This is my 2nd miscarriage within 3 months. Sigh. Sometimes I think if I should try again. This time my gynae recommend to try 2 to 3 months later. I choose the natural way, now still waiting for it to come.

Hihi, I had Mc in Jan and Mar. Both chemical pregnancy at 5+wks, start spotting then begin bleeding when doc scan also nothing.
And I got pregnant in Apr. I am 12 wk now. Actually was an accident, Cox I was suppose to rest for 3mths before trying but we din have any action in Mar Cox my 2nd Mc make.me bleed for 3/4wks. So ended up.when clear, we just haha bd like rabbits. :p

Hi ladies, I had a miscarriage last year in October. Only fetal sac no pole and heart beat. Had d&c at 10weeks and now still trying to conceive. If these 2 months no hope then we will go for ivf. Waited precious time after miscarriage as we tot to let body recovered but we also forgot my biological clock is ticking....

Hi ladies, I had a miscarriage last year in October. Only fetal sac no pole and heart beat. Had d&c at 10weeks and now still trying to conceive. If these 2 months no hope then we will go for ivf. Waited precious time after miscarriage as we tot to let body recovered but we also forgot my biological clock is ticking....

Hi, same here. I had DnC in April and now cannot do anything because I need to remove my polyp and can only start trying in Sept. Then my blood test found positive with anti nucleus antibody. Next year, I will be in the high risk category. But I am not giving up. You too. Stay strong and positive.

Dear princessleopard, i just lost my bb at 9wks too. Did the D&C 2wks ago. My morning sickness gradually getting better and better each day...which eventually i don't feel at all. I am surprised that your body actually went ahead with post pregnancy symptoms. Already very upset still have to go through all the nonsense. I still feel my breast very sore...I dont intend to wait for first AF to report to ttc again. I read alot of M/C stories online and many ladies conceived again 2 wks after the first miscarriage. My gynae says as long as I am ready and no bleeding..i can try.

Hi mangoyoyo,

Yup, gynae said its a rare case too. So far she only seen a 11th week mc with same case as mine. But my second mc at 6th week did not end up like the first. The symptoms just fade away.

Hope you are doing good closure to this. Dun give up, jiayou!

I did start ttc 1 month after first AF reported, but no bfp cos its not easy for me to conceive in the first place.

Hihi, I had Mc in Jan and Mar. Both chemical pregnancy at 5+wks, start spotting then begin bleeding when doc scan also nothing.
And I got pregnant in Apr. I am 12 wk now. Actually was an accident, Cox I was suppose to rest for 3mths before trying but we din have any action in Mar Cox my 2nd Mc make.me bleed for 3/4wks. So ended up.when clear, we just haha bd like rabbits. :p

Sunflower, so you conceived within a month! Congrats!! Hope everything smooth for u till pop. I also want to bd like rabbits haha. But its hard to know when ovulation start. Many said 2to 3wks post d&c may start O. I hope i can be as fertile as u....i am not easy to.conceive too.,,this is my first pregnancy aft 4yrs of ttc.

Hi, same here. I had DnC in April and now cannot do anything because I need to remove my polyp and can only start trying in Sept. Then my blood test found positive with anti nucleus antibody. Next year, I will be in the high risk category. But I am not giving up. You too. Stay strong and positive.
Thanks we all Jia you together!

Hi mangoyoyo,

Yup, gynae said its a rare case too. So far she only seen a 11th week mc with same case as mine. But my second mc at 6th week did not end up like the first. The symptoms just fade away.

Hope you are doing good closure to this. Dun give up, jiayou!

I did start ttc 1 month after first AF reported, but no bfp cos its not easy for me to conceive in the first place.

Princessleopard, me too not easy to conceive. Took 4yrs for my first pregnancy to happen. Unfortunately bb cant make it to full term. Let's jiayou together...

Sunflower, so you conceived within a month! Congrats!! Hope everything smooth for u till pop. I also want to bd like rabbits haha. But its hard to know when ovulation start. Many said 2to 3wks post d&c may start O. I hope i can be as fertile as u....i am not easy to.conceive too.,,this is my first pregnancy aft 4yrs of ttc.

Thanks, it took me around 1.5Yrs too. I realise that my O is still on time after my mc. But mine are natural mc. I depend alot on my ewcm

Princessleopard, me too not easy to conceive. Took 4yrs for my first pregnancy to happen. Unfortunately bb cant make it to full term. Let's jiayou together...

Mangoyoyo, so our case are very similar. I am 5 years into ttc journey now, tried many iuis already but both times I conceived naturally. I understand how you feels too, so difficult to conceive yet cannot carry to full term. Let's hope for the best on the next one!

Low morale Sunday, did a scan last few days after d&c in mid-may, not promising cos Gynae mentioned still gt remains n not totally clear out.

She therefore suggested medicine to dispel the 'remains'; nid to insert 2pills every 3hours interval. Wifey started round 1 at 1pm, after round 2 4pm slot, started to feel pale n beri crampy in stomach. Still gt round 3 at 7pm, I can't bear to c her suffer at all. She supposed to take half a pill(prevent vomiting) again later too, tat particular small tiny little pill cost $50 each yup correct 50 each, nid to standby 3pills in total.

Dunno whether u ladies believe in such tings or not, when wife was half-aslp jus now, btw round 1&2 insertion, she asked mi whether our 3yr old crying badly? I told her nope, I was playing with her happily when she's dozing off no cries at all. Cos she told mi she heard some kid crying badly at the period of time.

We are free thinker, bt for that instance, what makes us thinking was our lost kid is crying badly cos we are 'forcing' him to leave us in a painful manner oredi. We can't help bt started tearing badly straight after tat, ESP myself, I jus can't stop tearing. I kept tinking to myself, my poor boi must be suffering badly! :'(

Really hope tis saga will finished off n we can moved on already after tis. Tomorrow wifey gg for another scan again. Hope everything will be fine really n she can suffer lesser cos it's really painful to c ur loved ones suffer.

Sad Thor

Mangoyoyo, so our case are very similar. I am 5 years into ttc journey now, tried many iuis already but both times I conceived naturally. I understand how you feels too, so difficult to conceive yet cannot carry to full term. Let's hope for the best on the next one!

Princessleopard, indeed we are similar. I went direct to ivf 1yr after lap. Had 2failed fresh 1failed fet. Then natural conceived the last pregnancy. Often heard once can bfp naturally...it will come again. Lets hope for a successful pregnancy next round. Hugz :)

Princessleopard, indeed we are similar. I went direct to ivf 1yr after lap. Had 2failed fresh 1failed fet. Then natural conceived the last pregnancy. Often heard once can bfp naturally...it will come again. Lets hope for a successful pregnancy next round. Hugz :)

mangoyoyo, think of the bright side, at least we can conceive naturally. There is still hope! JIAYOU!! :)

My gynae suggest me to miscarry naturally since she said still quite small. I started spotting slightly just now. Wondering if I can still go to work tmr or should I stay at home to wait just in case the cramping starts. For the mini confinement, do it after the bleeding stops or once started bleeding can start? Thanks!

Low morale Sunday, did a scan last few days after d&c in mid-may, not promising cos Gynae mentioned still gt remains n not totally clear out.

She therefore suggested medicine to dispel the 'remains'; nid to insert 2pills every 3hours interval. Wifey started round 1 at 1pm, after round 2 4pm slot, started to feel pale n beri crampy in stomach. Still gt round 3 at 7pm, I can't bear to c her suffer at all. She supposed to take half a pill(prevent vomiting) again later too, tat particular small tiny little pill cost $50 each yup correct 50 each, nid to standby 3pills in total.

Dunno whether u ladies believe in such tings or not, when wife was half-aslp jus now, btw round 1&2 insertion, she asked mi whether our 3yr old crying badly? I told her nope, I was playing with her happily when she's dozing off no cries at all. Cos she told mi she heard some kid crying badly at the period of time.

We are free thinker, bt for that instance, what makes us thinking was our lost kid is crying badly cos we are 'forcing' him to leave us in a painful manner oredi. We can't help bt started tearing badly straight after tat, ESP myself, I jus can't stop tearing. I kept tinking to myself, my poor boi must be suffering badly! :'(

Really hope tis saga will finished off n we can moved on already after tis. Tomorrow wifey gg for another scan again. Hope everything will be fine really n she can suffer lesser cos it's really painful to c ur loved ones suffer.

Sad Thor

Its really hard on your wife to go through this after 2 months. I am wondering why now then discover there is still leftover tissue in the womb. D&C is suppose to be a better option in terms of nightmare of leftover tissue compare to natural mc. Usually for natural mc gynae will prescribe pills to help pass out the leftovers for fear of infection or growth. I am surprised to know that d&c can still have leftovers issue. I hope everything go smooth for her, dun let her suffer any longer.

I am also a free thinker, so after the first mc, I did my own closure, not the religious type. Its about 3 months later, one night I heard baby laughters in the middle of the night. My surrounding neighbours do not have any babies, and I am wide awake, so I believe my baby came that night. I dunno who to turn to, we happened to be meeting our fengshui master that weekend, so I just mentioned to him about the laughters. He adviced to do "chao du" for the baby, laughters is not so bad, but cries are undesirable. So, I seek his advice and get a chao du done for my baby.

My gynae suggest me to miscarry naturally since she said still quite small. I started spotting slightly just now. Wondering if I can still go to work tmr or should I stay at home to wait just in case the cramping starts. For the mini confinement, do it after the bleeding stops or once started bleeding can start? Thanks!

I think its better to stay home. Gynae did not give you HL? When the cramps start, it can get quite bad for some. You can start the mini confinement during the bleeding, its best to start soon after mc. Just that whether to start tonics during bleeding, it depends on individual body. Some they are ok take tonics and did not affect the bleeding, for me, my bleeding worsen, so I only take confinement foods, longan drink, I start the tonics after bleeding stops.

Back