Take note! Problematic Foreign Domestic Helper

Ken Yeung

Dear All,
I hired a number of maids in the past and I would like to tell you all to take note about the maid below:
Name: Maricris De Leon
Work Permit Number: 026908140
Country of origin: Philippines
The maid agent is located around Thomson area which I dont want to mention the name.
After browsing to all the Biodata and going through many phone interview, me and my wife decided hire this maid on around May. Maricris arrived and we pick her up on 28 June.
We are staying in a 5-rm HDB flat with my parents, sister, my wife and one daughter. So total is 6 person.
And we hire her just to do housework first and slowly maybe she can take care of our daugher.
We still give her 3 meals and 8 hours of sleep and handle normal house work.
Few days later, My wife noticed that she forget things easily, so she raise her voice to her (Not scold). And she start to cry and want to return to agent. And there was once she was cleaning the kitchen titles. My wife took a chair for her and worry that she might fall. Then she cry again and saying want to return to agent again.
So we brought her to maid agent on 6 Jul, and maid agent start to console her. We also find that she is not suitable and finding another maid. She agree to work until another maid came.
Then next day, 7 Jul, she called me saying that she has stomach pain and probably is kidney stone. I know kidney stone is so painful that can't even walk and need to go A&E. And she said she need to call her friend and return to agent. I told her you don't need to see doctor? She said she want to go back to agent. I guess you all start to smell something wrong on this maid.
We brought her back and saw that she can walk properly without problem. We are angry and disappoinment that we spend money ($3000) and time to bring her here and guide her. But in the end, we bought in problematic maid. Also, we have to fork out additional money to hire another one.
When we brought her back to agent, at the same time we also interview a Myanmar maid. She seems ok and willing to take up the job. Next day, our agent called me that she is not willing to work with us. Reasons unknown.
All the maid are staying in the same dormitory. And we suspect that Maricris start to influence Myanmar girl not to work for us.
Now, we would like to tell everyone that NOT TO HIRE THIS MAID. Below is the attachement of biodata. We know the maid agent will introduce her to other potential employer. We would like to inform all of you that dont fall to this trap!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9517653/Maricris De Leon Biodata.pdf

i think its very unfair that u have made such a comment kacha. there are rotten apples ard but i think many filipinos have served and helped a singapore family very well. like my helper fro example. she is excellent. filipino and age 25 yrs old and single. cant imagine how it would be without her help. if majority of them are rotten apples, they wont be here in such large nos anymore. the govt wld have stepped in if they are sluts. like how the govt does not allow hiring of china nationals as domestic workers coz they forsee alot of family wreckage.

go to a reliable and trust worthy agency that tells the truth and screen their maids throughly. i took mine from Faith employemtn Agency. boss is monica 64471636. she is very strict with her maids and i love the way she deals. no nonsense type and just up front.

mummygoh, Singapore maids are not that bad compared to Hong Kong ones. We have just moved from there.

A lot of HK helpers spend their days in bars in Wanchai or around bars that are frequented by Expats trying to pick up gweilos to sleep with or con.

Most job applications from helpers usually start with "looking for Western family". They know expats give them more money and more time off. More time off, means more time to make trouble. Chinese employers make them work hard for their money and they don't have time to chase after potential boyfriends/husbands.
Look how many here are chasing Bangladeshi ??

A lot of Singapore maids advertise wanting to come to HK, they know is more easier up there. The rules are not as strict as here.
Some are even trying to override the Domestic helper visa and are trying to apply for permanent id card. A few have even taken it to the courts. Not good.

Read some of these

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ts-domestic-helpers-appeal-permanent?page=all

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/bad-maid-post-here.4207/

http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/forums/hong-kong-domestic-help/

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewforum.php?f=49

Last edited:
11hxgs9.jpg
关于此人 (Maricris De Leon),

1. 命硬得很.
2. 被男人骗。
3. 婚姻交不出好成绩。
4. 今年甲午冲太岁 - 走衰运了!2007年行甲子运,十年都跌倒谷底了。
5. 去年年头就已经开始有麻烦了。
6. 自私。
呵呵... 不说了。

mummygoh, Singapore maids are not that bad compared to Hong Kong ones. We have just moved from there.
言之过早,新加坡的菲佣跟香港一样是半斤八两。

A lot of HK helpers spend their days in bars in Wanchai or around bars that are frequented by Expats trying to pick up gweilos to sleep with or con.

Most job applications from helpers usually start with "looking for Western family". They know expats give them more money and more time off. More time off, means more time to make trouble.
早就知道了。

Chinese employers make them work hard for their money and they don't have time to chase after potential boyfriends/husbands.Look how many here are chasing Bangladeshi ??
新加坡的胡搞的菲佣很多。不想说。

A lot of Singapore maids advertise wanting to come to HK, they know is more easier up there. The rules are not as strict as here. Some are even trying to override the Domestic helper visa and are trying to apply for permanent id card. A few have even taken it to the courts. Not good.
香港政府不会妥协的。

Back