IVF/ICSI Support Group

That's good as long as improvement then we should continue....keep us posted after your doc appt :)
My body is heaty type so a lot of food I cannot take....not even durian ><
Are u also taking immunocal?
No.. I'm not taking any.. I'm only taking Folic Acid and TSB's herbs.. And natural food products..

agree that private is a money killer for failed cycles. if successful , then still not so heartpain. I have switch to restructured hospital from last failed from private cos of the private exorbident cost that will be rolling for new cycle. saving the $ instead to try TSB TCM to tiao for this new attempt. all e best to myself.
All the best to you littlems, been to sf loh once for advise and think he is quite experienced. actually, wanted to try him for 2nd try but was pulled back due to cost consideration :) maybe u make some adjustment to diet. some sisters here try brazil nuts etc which seems to work for them.

@connie_hopeful ... I'm also trying TSB aft my failed 2nd cycle...saw so many sisters seeing her and I juz read Fann Wong story in 8 days, inspired to build my body before heading for the last cycle.. Mine appt wit her on 15/8.. Appt with THH 30/7... So long wait.. Wanna find out more from him what may gone wrong ...

@rachelt.. Today I cannot tahan.. Had coke with dinner juz now... I stop drinking cold drinks for months.. Lolz

Hi ladies, good morning!!

Hmm, Yishan u might want to avoid cold drinks and cooling fruits and veg for the time being. At least when ttc. Sinseh usually advise us women to drink warm beverages. For me I don't like warm beverages so I stick to plain room temp water most of the time. Only when ttc I will drink warm LRD tea.

Hello ladies,

I hope this isn't an imposition, but I just wanted to share a TCM contact with anyone who's interested. I conceived through natural IVF under Dr Sadhana at KKH and recently gave birth to a healthy baby girl after 2 failed IVF cycles. During the natural IVF process, I also saw a TCM practitioner, Chong Wan Tat at Ban Choon Wah Medical Hall (Blk 154 Serangoon North Ave 1 #01-434). Of course it's impossible to say what made the difference (i.e., Western science or Chinese medicine), but I wanted to share this TCM contact with anyone who might be interested because I think Dr Sadhana is already pretty well known. Oh, about this TCM practitioner - another good thing is that the medicine he prescribes is in pill form, so no need to brew teas or soups (which I tried under another TCM clinic as well =). There's a link below on natural IVF for anyone's info, please feel free to pm me if I can help in any other way. Thanks! Take care all.

http://www.hfea.gov.uk/natural-cycle-ivf.html

@connie_hopeful ... I'm also trying TSB aft my failed 2nd cycle...saw so many sisters seeing her and I juz read Fann Wong story in 8 days, inspired to build my body before heading for the last cycle.. Mine appt wit her on 15/8.. Appt with THH 30/7... So long wait.. Wanna find out more from him what may gone wrong ...

@rachelt.. Today I cannot tahan.. Had coke with dinner juz now... I stop drinking cold drinks for months.. Lolz
@Yishan.. me too la.. I started my kopi peng when I came back to work.. Else I dont think i can work.. Lol.. But 1 cup a day nia.. So it's ok la.. :p

Caffeine intake is ok la. Just don't drown in it :p My sinseh and Dr Sadhana says go ahead if I want to, though I only drink tea or coffee 2-3× a week. I don't think moderate coffee causes infertility la. Stress is more of the culprit!

Caffeine intake is ok la. Just don't drown in it :p My sinseh and Dr Sadhana says go ahead if I want to, though I only drink tea or coffee 2-3× a week. I don't think moderate coffee causes infertility la. Stress is more of the culprit!
Yup.. Many studies shows not more than 2 cups each day is fine.. I only drink 1 so i'm still safe.. lol..

When I had my first bfp, I was in my 2ww in bkk and the walking and eating cold/junk were inevitable. I didn't even expect I would be preggie (first cycle of ttc) so seriously we need to be light handed on ourselves:) No need to follow "rules" too much but be happy in the process.

I believe if its meant to be ours, it will be. if it is not, no matter how diligent we are in bed rest and not doing anything, we still might not be able to keep it. The form and fate of the foetus is already fixed from day one that it was created - whether it is going to be a strong beanie or not

Of course bearing in mind we cannot over exert ourselves and do bungee jumping etc. We cannot keep blaming ourselves and saying what if i didnt do this what if i didnt do that

When I had my first bfp, I was in my 2ww in bkk and the walking and eating cold/junk were inevitable. I didn't even expect I would be preggie (first cycle of ttc) so seriously we need to be light handed on ourselves:) No need to follow "rules" too much but be happy in the process.
Hi redvel, which day did u go bkk? So in the end, all ok? Im likely to be in the same situation as I've already bot tics for bkk. Still thinking whether to go..hubby says up to me..but im worried that if anything happen, I will regret...I still have some time to consider, taking own sweet time to think...

Unfortunately mine ended in mc. My doc believed it's chromosome issue as my Oscar result was no good at all. A week after the Oscar, my baby stopped it's heartbeat.

Nothing to do with my trip.

It's really no one's fault if your pregnancy failed. I had a mmc in Oct 2013. I conceived naturally but baby's heartbeat stopped at 8 weeks. I then had a successful IUI earlier this year but it was a blighted ovum. The miscarriage came on by itself at 6 weeks. Most recently, I had IVF at KKH but that miserably failed. 12 follicles but only 3 eggs collected and 1 fertilised. :( I still don't know what happened to the rest.

During the 2ww, I noticed a lump on my neck and my gp said that I have a thyroid nodule. He said that it could be the reason why my IVF didn't work and why I had miscarriages. There are studies which seem to support this. I've gone for a blood test and an ultrasound for further checks since.

I have an appointment with the doctor at KKH (unfortunately, she isn't the best doctor I've met) at the end of the month. I've so many questions! I am going to insist that I get myself checked for any other disorders before I embark on another IVF journey. She wasn't encouraging when I suggested it before I started IVF. What a waste of money, time and a huge emotional toll on me and my husband.

For me, it is best to get to know my body, fix what needs to be fixed and who knows? It might just be the key to my happiness- a bundle of joy just waiting for his/her time for me. <3

It's really no one's fault if your pregnancy failed. I had a mmc in Oct 2013. I conceived naturally but baby's heartbeat stopped at 8 weeks. I then had a successful IUI earlier this year but it was a blighted ovum. The miscarriage came on by itself at 6 weeks. Most recently, I had IVF at KKH but that miserably failed. 12 follicles but only 3 eggs collected and 1 fertilised. :( I still don't know what happened to the rest.

During the 2ww, I noticed a lump on my neck and my gp said that I have a thyroid nodule. He said that it could be the reason why my IVF didn't work and why I had miscarriages. There are studies which seem to support this. I've gone for a blood test and an ultrasound for further checks since.

I have an appointment with the doctor at KKH (unfortunately, she isn't the best doctor I've met) at the end of the month. I've so many questions! I am going to insist that I get myself checked for any other disorders before I embark on another IVF journey. She wasn't encouraging when I suggested it before I started IVF. What a waste of money, time and a huge emotional toll on me and my husband.

For me, it is best to get to know my body, fix what needs to be fixed and who knows? It might just be the key to my happiness- a bundle of joy just waiting for his/her time for me. <3
I agree with you, @chuckles.. That's why I insisted on waiting for my review with THH before I go for my intralipid.. Who knows what THH might find and needa remove/clear.. Better to be "clean/clear" before we go further..

hi

still have one frozen embryo so am thinking of trying FET. Anyone has any experience with Dr Kong in KKH? My last fresh was done with Dr Loh before he leave KKH.

Thanks for any helpful advice.

Hi ladies!
I'm back here again. Though not really active the last time.

Starting my #2 cycle now..
This time I'm on long protocol, with Saizen and Gonal-F and Lucrin..

Just had a scan...
Number of follicles not really a lot though. Though I'm on 300iu for Gonal-F. :(

Once I get my thyroid sorted and know if there are any antibodies preventing a pregnancy, I will switch hospitals too. Kkh doesn't really customise treatments for individuals, at least for me. I will try dr roland chieng at parkway east or dr sheila loh at raffles. Anyone with recommendations? I really need a doctor to walk this difficult journey with me. :)

Once I get my thyroid sorted and know if there are any antibodies preventing a pregnancy, I will switch hospitals too. Kkh doesn't really customise treatments for individuals, at least for me. I will try dr roland chieng at parkway east or dr sheila loh at raffles. Anyone with recommendations? I really need a doctor to walk this difficult journey with me. :)
Hi chuckles, I read about prof mahesh choolani from nuh who helped a lady with some kind of self attacking immune system while pregnant. You may want to google and read about it. Though yours is related to thyroid problem but no harm just checking out. Good luck!

hi lynx_sea, I am with prof ng previously. let me know what you wish to know, I will try to answer you if i know :)
hi connie, thks for your reply.
I have visited him once for consultation and was asked to do blood test as well as my DH SA. Meanwhile, we were asked to consume supplements too, probably to improve the sperms/eggs quality.
Juz curious, based on your experience. How do you find him and also did u BFP under him?

There are many reasons why an ivf cycle failed. May not always be implantation issue. Must keep your spirit up. Haven't start ivf already feel sad! Cannot :p Positive thoughts ya.

1st week after embryo transfer is implantation time. suggest best not to get too tired with travelling. if u decide to go bkk, try not to walk too much. you may have bloating (sign of pregnancy or ovarian hyper stimulation), so u probably want to rest more...

Hi ladies, I just got updates on my embryos. Nuh grades them 1) good, 2) satisfactory 3) below average. Do you know how they roughly correspond to kkh scale of 5? I have quite a lot of satisfactory grades ones and really hope they are better then average....

For those seeing tsb or the AMK tcm, do u all take tcm during stimulation? And how r yr acupunture sessions like? Are the acupunture sessions daily before ER ?

For those seeing tsb or the AMK tcm, do u all take tcm during stimulation? And how r yr acupunture sessions like? Are the acupunture sessions daily before ER ?
TSB don't give during stimulation.. She says too much medication so won't give us.. Only after ET will start brewing..

Jus sharing, my tcm is tan kian Seng from Clementi. He encourages daily acupunture during stimulation plus medication taken everyday during stim. Hope its effective.

@xiaomyang: nuh will give photo of embryos that are transferred. the quality is better if cell has multiplied to 8-cell or morula by day 4 transfer
Hi twinkle light,

Thanks for ur reply! I'm doing a day 3 transfer tmr... Hopefully will have 8-cell... The embryologist told me it's a 4-cell today which I googled is normal.. Looking forward to receive the photo tomorrow.. Hope all goes well :)

Hi ladies,

Today went KK check up.

My check up for the cervix was okie. CA125 is 109. Normal is 35. Compared to year 2011, the reading is 690. Sort of got improvement. But discovered that the drainage of cyst seems back. My endometric cyst of 6cm is back. Interestingly is the Gynae say he not sure left or right. Seems to be in the centre. yeah he gave me option to try naturally for few months or go cystomy to take it out completely.

Seriously, I m thinking of goin for lap to get it out once n for all. Yeah but the Gynae say have to plan for care for my kid , work planning n checking with insurance. I m really tempted to settle once n for all. But work is super busy this mth n next month. So thinking of giving ourselves 2 mths to try n if dun get Peggie, go for lap.

Dun wan office people to know. Intend it take some leave over a public holiday. I dun like my office people keep on gossiping about me .

What do you ladies think? Maybe those with cysts before can help. Mine is endo cyst.

hi connie, thks for your reply.
I have visited him once for consultation and was asked to do blood test as well as my DH SA. Meanwhile, we were asked to consume supplements too, probably to improve the sperms/eggs quality.
Juz curious, based on your experience. How do you find him and also did u BFP under him?

Hi Lynx_sea,

Prof ng is a very experienced doc in the field of ivf/icsi. He will honestly tell you the success rate based on his experience and is patient in answering queries. one bad point though is he is a very busy man who is always flying overseas. I have sent you a PM, check out your inbox on top rite of the page for more details :)

Back