(2014/08) August 2014

Ya im still taking bird nest too. Will continue to take even after giving birth cos the goodness can still be passed to baby thru breast milk :)

Can we still take birdnest?? The coconut drink have to start which week to consume?? I wan eat durian but been coughin r3cently. Yeah. I hate the feeling of cough n leak urine. Gosh... feels like I need my kid pampers to wear. Do u guys buy the confinement soup package from eu ren sheng or fu hua for ur confinement lady to cook??
My mom say if hire cl, then let her brew herbal soup for us to drink.
If buy from hh or eys then no need cl. Cl is supposed to take care of our diet. N oso they may need to add or take away sm stuff depending on our bb.

Kopibeanie
Oh so maternity pillows also no use ah? I use 4 pillows prop here and there but still not Shiok! Saw those long 3 sided ones. But wondering if shd invest at this stage loh.. But it is only now that the aches r so bad it disturbs the sleep!

Re: bird nest
Yup still taking it!

RE: soup
CL usually asked me to buy a few pkt of Si Shen tang and a lot of other herbs! She will brew diff kind of soups! So it'll be good to Chk w CL so u get the herbs etc ready bef bb pops!

RE: sashimi
Hehe it's really up to individual! The reason we are advised not to take is just in case we get food poisoning! If craving is so bad, eat from reputable sources. Coz once we r down, bb inside us "suffer" coz we'd be puking and LS and bb cannot get enough nutrients.

RE: illness
Mom's health v impt! If possible always go see doc or your gynae for prescription. If u drag too long, it'll affect health also. I also wanna go "natural" remedy last time. End up need to take antibiotics and cough till delivery! Miraculously, the cough disappeared once I pop! Hahahha so if natural doesn't work in 2-3 days go doc ASAP!

Believeinjesus
Hehe more time is good! Can have more ME time! If Hse is not ok, stay longer in hospital! Heh! Sometimes everything will go wrong at the wrong time!! Somehow we will manage eventually! Juz that we will be in bad mood! Hehe!

Hooray! I passed today! Bb is 2kg at 34weeks. Gynae never scold. She asked what I did these 2 weeks! I told her we went for a staycation! She looked at hubby and say then u should bring her for MORE staycation! Wahahhahahah

Can we still take birdnest?? The coconut drink have to start which week to consume?? I wan eat durian but been coughin r3cently. Yeah. I hate the feeling of cough n leak urine. Gosh... feels like I need my kid pampers to wear. Do u guys buy the confinement soup package from eu ren sheng or fu hua for ur confinement lady to cook??

somehow I don't think all CLs know what herbal soup to prepare or how to prepare the right herbal soup leh. think better stand by few pkts of pre-packed soup juz in case. but prob don't need get the full pkg la.

Been taking bird nest since 3rd month weekly. Asked my TCM Doc about it and she says in order for us to feel the significant benefits we have to take alot and regularly. No harm taking it cos it is a mild nourishing herb. Told my mum about it but she still continues to prepare, saying that at least can help abit, also good.. hehe..
thanks. Noted. Hehe I can stil enjoy birdnest good!!! Tot have to stop since now in 3rd trim.
@your_attorney and @kopibeanie thanks for advise. I prob call the cl n chk with her. At least can also prepare before she comes. So not so last minute. Wait she busy go shop w my hubby.

I went to see a doctor and was prescribed nasal decongestant (iliadin), anti inflammatory tablets (lyzyme), for phlegm (mucosol) and piriton. MC for tomorrow!

Doc said will not affect baby at all. Realllllyyyyy..

I went to see a doctor and was prescribed nasal decongestant (iliadin), anti inflammatory tablets (lyzyme), for phlegm (mucosol) and piriton. MC for tomorrow!

Can call ur gynae and double confirm again before taking. Like to be doubly sure too :)

Sometimes no choice then just take.

My mom says my 大伯母 cough for 10 mths & took medication till she delivered. but my cousin (male) is tall and ok leh. No asthma etc oso.

My cousin in law got cl but I think the vl is lousy cos she kenna cough and cl oso didnt help her adjust the herbs etc. Then her cough persisted after confinement for #1. Then she got #2, wanted to save $ and ask her mom to do it but her mom dunno. She could have tio her body and get her cough cured but in the end her cough persisted bc her mom dunno how to brew tonic or those red dates tea (like portion not right). Her cough persisted till post confinement. Now my cousin got to bring her to tcm to tio her cough but like v hard to get rid when I spoke to her.

So it is impt to have someone experienced and any illness during confinement, get it treated asap.

How about considering this? Cheaper version to the Cosatto I posted earlier.
http://babytown.com.sg/lucky-baby-besto-bath-cum-changing-table/?product=351267#

Do you all have ideas for natural remedies for cold and sore throat? I had running nose on Mon which developed into a sore throat and stuffy nose. I've been drinking lots of water, warm honey lemon.. Vitamin C. I also feel hot flushes. There's no fever, but I'm wondering if I can take more cooling stuff to bring down my body heat...

I was down with sore throat and mild flu last wk too.
I make barley water without sugar for a few days.. Drink thru out the day. Drink more water also.
For sore throat, i drink starfruit juice with salt. Eat a few lozenges like woods and pui pa.

Thanks.. On advice, I went to see doctor to check for any chest infection etc.. I will drink more barley and star fruit juice this weekend!!

If im sick..I usually sleep n dont eat any med..

TGIF...mummies!

How I wish to sleep more n cuddle in own bed..
Work like slave now in office despite 36 wks.. Energy drained by end of every working day!

Mgmt knows im preg yet allowing 2 paxs to go on leave at the same time n me to backup..tired me die next whole week! Sighz...

Hang in there. . Haha.. soon u r gonna slap them with 16 weeks.. so let them be.. lolz..

Two more weeks to maternity leave for me!

Hang in there. . Haha.. soon u r gonna slap them with 16 weeks.. so let them be.. lolz..

Two more weeks to maternity leave for me!

Shiok!!! I planned to go maternity as late as possible cos will hv more time with baby physically than going early, cant see baby but boreness at home although can rest.

Going to see gynae next Monday.. :)

I also still work like hell in office when I am at week 36. Luckily I can get MC whenever I go and see gynae so I get to rest abit more :p already no mood and no energy to work...2 more weeks to go!

I also still work like hell in office when I am at week 36. Luckily I can get MC whenever I go and see gynae so I get to rest abit more :p already no mood and no energy to work...2 more weeks to go!

Me too..dont care I just take whole day mc and slack at home or preparing my room or laundry baby stuff.

Just see gynae today bb at 3.1kg at week 36 OMG! :eek: I think I need to completely cut down carbo and sugar from now on for natural birth...

Just see gynae today bb at 3.1kg at week 36 OMG! :eek: I think I need to completely cut down carbo and sugar from now on for natural birth...
My gynae mentioned that the last few weeks, our babies generally only put on about 50g per week.. so I think should still be alright!

I feel my bb's growth is slower these days too.
It feels heavy and uncomfy but I don't have much appetite (ie: morning I just drink tea with biscuits, noon - half bowl of rice, night - half bowl of rice)

Alof of stuff happening around me lately...
1) MIL kenna stage 3 cancer and had gone for op. She is bk home recuperating now and has to start chemo asap.
2) FIL went thru "ballooning" of heart artery today and his heart stopped suddenly, but luckily they managed to bring him back. Now he is hospitalised.
3) Tomr I will need to go for check up.

With so many things happening, sometimes I worry alot for bb and myself.
My mom told me to drop by Waterloo for safety prayer for bb and myself tomr after gynae visit. I guess I will do that!
Oh god! Must everything happen now?

Sorry to post something so unrelated here...but don't think I should share it with my hubby as both his parents are dwn and he must be devastated.
Hiaz...I must and will be strong!

@your_attorney dont think too much. At least they r slowly getting the necessary treatment . So look on bright side. Ur baby will feel ur stress. So jus hang on. Probably baby arrival will make their health better cos positive thoughts will recover faster.
Now ur biggest task is to take good care of urself n baby. Do rest more k!!!

sigh. I'm also busy like mad. working more OT than before. need to finish up all the work before go on ML. finally it's weekend!

@attorney you've gotta be a happy n healthy mummy. Don't worry too much. Once ur baby comes out, the joy n happiness will make everyone forget the pain. Jia you!

I feel my bb's growth is slower these days too.
It feels heavy and uncomfy but I don't have much appetite (ie: morning I just drink tea with biscuits, noon - half bowl of rice, night - half bowl of rice)

Alof of stuff happening around me lately...
1) MIL kenna stage 3 cancer and had gone for op. She is bk home recuperating now and has to start chemo asap.
2) FIL went thru "ballooning" of heart artery today and his heart stopped suddenly, but luckily they managed to bring him back. Now he is hospitalised.
3) Tomr I will need to go for check up.

With so many things happening, sometimes I worry alot for bb and myself.
My mom told me to drop by Waterloo for safety prayer for bb and myself tomr after gynae visit. I guess I will do that!
Oh god! Must everything happen now?

Sorry to post something so unrelated here...but don't think I should share it with my hubby as both his parents are dwn and he must be devastated.
Hiaz...I must and will be strong!

stay strong & positive! jiayou & take care!

Your_attroney
Pls stay positive for yourself and bb. Go and do some things that u enjoy, go shopping or massage to cheer up k! Its juz a few weeks more! U need more calorie now to boost bb's growth. Try taking milk or protein juice in between meals. That's what my gynae suggest.

Rem the show abt the empress and concubines in the palace? Negative news can really affect us emotionally and affect our health and delivery! So u need support from hubby and frds around u ya! Stay happy so u will have a safe delivery! Jia you!!!

Your attorney,
Sorry to hear that. But dont stress urself so much and prepare for a happy delivery soon. And perhaps also dont stress ur hubby too much as i guess he is worried about his parents too. Later end up quarrelling. Not so gd at this period...

I also still working...having problem sitting and standing and walking...plus having piles due to consipation. Painful week.

Thank you everyone. Yes I will and must be strong for bb and myself.
Maybe the birth of bb will "wash away" some bad luck.
Again, thank you all.

@your_attorney
At time like this you must stay strong and take good care of yourself and bb so that your hubby have 1 thing less to worry. God bless you and your family and may you have a safe delivery and heathy bb! Hang in there for these final weeks!

Thanks thanks.
Today I went chk up. Bb is abt 2.8kg at wk 36. For my height and weight I think it is ok & gynae assured it is normal range too.
Briefly spoke to gynae regarding depositories to clear bowels for planned c sect w epi, he told me it is not necessary. I told him other gynae doing it, he said older gynae still does it.
But actually I prefer he does it in case I suffer from constipation post csect.

@your_attorney jia you! Maybe the birth of ur LO will bring good luck to the family! Think positive cos ur LO can feel that mummy is not happy.

Just when I tot my pelvis pain is getting better, I am hit with another painful issue.
Does anyone having piles too? I don't have constipation but I still have this painful situation... :(

@your_attorney jia you! Maybe the birth of ur LO will bring good luck to the family! Think positive cos ur LO can feel that mummy is not happy.

Just when I tot my pelvis pain is getting better, I am hit with another painful issue.
Does anyone having piles too? I don't have constipation but I still have this painful situation... :(
Me too.. Having pile prob even no constipation.
Wonder if it's due to baby weight n their position lower now, that's why adding pressure?

yes yes me too. think it's from the bb weight/pressure & hormonal. I had it during #1 too, constipation & piles. both went off after delivery. last leg liao. jiayou jiayou!

Hi all, it's been some time since I come into this thread. I am due first week of Aug. Hoping to be able to hold on for another two weeks before my csect. Going to see babies again tomorrow and see what gynae say. Finger crossed.

@SQ_babyU & @kopibeanie so both of u just live with it? It's so painful that I even have problem sleeping.
Am still thinking to visit a GP later to get some medicine to shrink it back leh.....

erh can try use ice/cold pack to try shrink it & push it back in (sorry, abit explicit ah).

I never tot of visiting the GP abt it leh. didn't know got medicine can shrink it one. let me know after u see the doc k

Back