(2014) ivf mummies support group

Oh no, what kind of chemicals? I use Cif to clean the grout but put on gloves... :(
The cleaning chemicals will emit poisoning gas that's not good for u n bb. Stop all scrubbing n cleaning work n ask ur dh to do it. No matter how disgusting u must nv touch it plus squatting down to clean is strictly not advisable for u too..

Fyi from what to expect...

For Dad: Cleaning House

It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it. And that someone is you (though the dirty job she has in mind for you is cleaning up the house). With your partner's body busy building the placenta — your baby's life support system until delivery day — she's exhausted. So beat her to the vacuuming and the dusting and the laundry and the toilet cleaning. (The cleaning product fumes will make her feel sicker, anyway.) Encourage her to watch your cleanup routine from a fully reclining position on the sofa. She (and her feet) will be thanking you.

Allure4983, have a good rest n dun think so much k. Are u feeling better now? Take care ya!

Btw have the other dr did any bbs scanning for u?

Last edited:
No i need to bedrest still. He says 1st mth strict then maybe modified thereafter but still bedrest all the way

Mschar, rest well! Doc says after the cerclage is fine already right?

Allure, how are you? Keep us updated ya! Hugs.

Congrats Dor Dor!

Is there a fb group for IVF mummies? I'm so tired from cleaning the new house... Brushing out grout lines on the tiles with a toothbrush & gloves is NOT meant for preggie women... :x
I created the group before last year...
I can add u ladies in n mentioned before but no one interested ………Lol
Anyway it's secret group, others can't see

I got helper at home but i eat till sian so i always ask her go out to buy if really very hungry then ask her cook.

Allure so u already done the op to stitch yr cervix or just under supervision and medication till doc is there to see u? Think by now the cramps or pain should subside already right? Whichever don't think so much 1st just stay on bed and let the doc do their job. Praying for u. Everything will be fine.

Mschar u rest well too ya. Everything under control now.

Mapleleafy u can still mop floor with cloth I peifu. I use easy mop I already lazy already. I hate the gout lines too but I very lazy to squat and clean n scrub. I think I may start to get a pt cleaner to come do a thorough cleaning my wdws are very very dirty.

I am also thinking of a pt cleaner. Tummy getting big very hard to squat down. But come to spend money also scare. Now here money there money.. wah. .

Hi ladies, my doc just come and see me.. She say my blood test result is out there is infection hence cannot stitch.. Have to stay in hospital a few days to see after the anti biotics whether the infection will be heal and then see cervix can close or not... They scared got contraction again and after stitch will tear again then even worse...

Allure4983, have a good rest n sleep. Glad tt the dr went over to see u. Did the dr mention what type of infection tt caused it? Stay on bed n press the button for nurse assistance k.

Hi ladies, my doc just come and see me.. She say my blood test result is out there is infection hence cannot stitch.. Have to stay in hospital a few days to see after the anti biotics whether the infection will be heal and then see cervix can close or not... They scared got contraction again and after stitch will tear again then even worse...
Rest well. I had a pain episode last Friday and went to KKH O&G. They checked and my cervix is closed, no bleeding, no water leaking but lots of white discharge. The white discharge turned out to be Candida Infection. Now I'm on inserts vaginally for the infection and utrogestan orally to support the pregnancy. I asked if the pain is associated with the infection. They said no.

However, ever since I started inserting the tablet, the next day I always feel a gush of water and white discharge below. Told Dr Tan. He said normal.

How did they check that your cervix has dilated 3 cm? Did they say your water bag is leaking?

Allure this cervix dilated is due to infection? And did u ask doc Isit normal for cervix to close itself again after dilation? Hope your infection go off soon before doc can access next course of actions.

Hi yes they check by insert something down there.. They nv mention Wat cause Wat but they say everything have to wait for infection to heal first... Then let me know Wat the next step.. Have to stay in hospital for quite sometime I think... But doc did mention it dangerous lor... Coz now only 17 weeks...

Just to share, somebody recommended me to order confinement shampoo and body wash from this website: http://www.littledreamers.com.sg - supposed to be "warm" in nature for our body, My friend said need to order 2-3 months in advance as always out of stock..

ImageUploadedByForum1404998631.119781.jpg

My gf aso just send me this link this afternoon too.but can only use during confinement or rather after give birth

Hi yes they check by insert something down there.. They nv mention Wat cause Wat but they say everything have to wait for infection to heal first... Then let me know Wat the next step.. Have to stay in hospital for quite sometime I think... But doc did mention it dangerous lor... Coz now only 17 weeks...

take care, hugz..

do wat u can 2take care of é babies.. if u think there is smthg é doc should check or do, juz ask for it.. if they say no need, ask y.. they muz know what they r advising.. not sure abt sgh, but kkh got a lot of weird "doc" in 24h clinic n i heard in ward, tat advice wrong infoñ n miss impt synptoms..

Good morning ladies, I took a cab to work this morning. Taxis fare is so expensive now are days. I think without my car for 2 days I will spend around $80 for the cab fare and I can pump petrol which can last for 2 weeks. :(
What is for breakfast? I am taking oats for breakfast, well just trying to be healthy. However my lunch will buffet catering buffet later hahaha..
Wow simplegirlnextdoor is joining the blue theme.
Anyone signing up for any classes?? I think I better go online and search for the classes as I understand it is usually 6 weeks and by then will be end Sep already if I am to start in Aug.

Ladies good morning. It's Friday. Any evening plans for tonight? Nice dinner? Gathering? Me probably will go home straight after work or maybe go parents house dinner with them. Still deciding. Dh working late today. My throat is quite bad haven't sore yet but try to cough out like nothing yet it's bothering me. Then my nose also keep blocking and I keep using nasal spray. Actually I don't know can use anot nasal spray don't know contents will hurt bb anot but I cannot breathe if didn use cannot sleep will wake up feeling so terrible...I wonder is my usual block nose or it's also symptoms of pregnancy...

Iwantahealthybaby, depends on the type of nasal spray u r using. Fyi below... Quoted from what to expect

But your uterus is not the only thing that's starting to swell. The mucous membranes of your nose may also start to swell from all the pregnancy hormones circulating in your body, which are also increasing blood flow there. The result? Your nose probably already knows: pregnancy congestion, and possibly even nosebleeds. Unfortunately, the stuffiness may only get worse as your pregnancy progresses, but your practitioner will probably not prescribe any medications or antihistamine nasal sprays to help clear things up (but do ask if he or she recommends something else instead). You can safely try saline sprays or nasal strips, especially if the congestion takes a turn for the truly uncomfortable. A humidifier in your room and a little petroleum jelly dabbed under your nose may also help overcome the dryness associated with any congestion

Last edited:
iwantahealthybaby, I read from the apps it is normal to have block nose. You might want to check with your gynae to see what medicine can be used to help in this.
Wow cheery really does a lot of research..

Simplegirlnextdoor, congrats on your twin boys! :D

Lynn, I signed up for Mrs Wong prenatal class (TMC Parentcraft), commences in Aug. I want to sign up for aqua lessons too, but not sure where. :)

Dolly, I'm interested to join the fb group leh, add me? :D (edited to remove email)

Allure, take care... you & baby will be fine!

Last edited:
Can we have more ppl join the fb group if not only 2 of us talking ………hahaa the other 2 mummies graduated early this year busy w their boy now... vy quiet... hehee

Mapleleafy, ya loh I also realise the class on Aug and by the time finish will be towards end of Sep. I am trying to get my dh to Confirm as he is very busy. Any idea can my mum attend together with us?

Ivf mummies closed group in fb.... it's secret where only those in the group can See the posts only like wat we have for nov 2014 group in fb...

This month end expo got fair at expo then next month got a big fair at suntec. The no.1 biggest fair is on 2-5 Oct think by the time will be too late for me to shop.

Thanks cheerywalnuts. I think my nasal spray not suitable but I been using for a week and many times a day. Next visit to doc will be next week at Thomson. Actually want skip this aptm cause kkh give me lots of follow up already thought might save this money but I need ask for suitable nasal spray and more fish oil and also check with doc any medications to prevent pre mature.

Yesterday whenever I stand up from my office chair I feel my below abit puff up and swollen feel maybe it's what you mention uterus expanding.

I think must control nasal spray for now. Hope no harm done for this week usage.

Mb stop using n get saline spray instead. Or ask kkh for suitable nasal spray? I tot u taking ganilia? There's 300mg dha in there. Sufficient le. Cos recommended dha is 300mg be it for singleton or multiples.

Simplegirlnextdoor, congrats on your twin boys! :D

Lynn, I signed up for Mrs Wong prenatal class (TMC Parentcraft), commences in Aug. I want to sign up for aqua lessons too, but not sure where. :)

Dolly, I'm interested to join the fb group leh, add me? :D [email protected]

Allure, take care... you & baby will be fine!
Fb invited, please check

Hello ladies! My first post on this thread, though I have been a silent reader for very long. I used to be active on the NUH thread, till my DH banned me from the forum, hehe. A big shout out to my ex-cycle buddies like Miric, Anie, Gigi, Syrian n others if u ladies r lurking around like me!

I'm currently in my 12 weeks, after 3 fresh cycles n 2 FET. EDD 21 Jan 2015. Succeeded w Prof @ NUH, n am now seeing Dr Kowa at Mt E. Just did my panorama test 2 days ago, praying for a good result in 2 wks time. Really didn't expect this cycle to work out cos
1) I was really really sick after ER (last few times I could go for sumptuous lunch by afternoon, this time round I was blacking out after every pee... mild ohss maybe)
2) my lining at trigger was only 7mm (n the irony was both embbies implanted, though one stopped growing at 6wks)
3) I had zero bed rest - ER on Wed, Thurs PH, Fri back to work plus mahjong that night till 2am, Sat ET, back to work on Mon, and... (to all the nurses' horror), I flew to US on 10dpo for a 3 wk holiday. N of coz the moment I landed there, I tested positive. Cue: PANIC. Radiation from flying, radiation from airport security scanners, radiation from the stopover in Tokyo blah blah. Haha. But ok la, good thing abt holidays is that u get distracted easily, by the time I got back I was at 6.5 wks.

For the past few weeks I have read n re-read this thread, it has been so valuable to me cos all our experiences, worries, hurdles, milestones r so so similar. Congrats to all the ladies here who have successfully passed the big detailed scan hurdle, I hope to be able to join u all in a few wks. N my thoughts n prayers to the ladies in hospital now, may u have a speedy recovery. We have all worked so hard for this, I pray hard hard that we will all be blessed with healthy babies at the end of 9 mths.

God bless! :)

Morning! My brekkie is macs sausage mcmuffin meal! A good start to a happy Friday! Super full now so lunch is gonna be a big problem later.

Just had a slice of mango, chocolate cake. And beanie is like kicking ferociously now, poss on a sugar high. Hahaha!

Dinner is at home today but never mind la. A little low key tho it is my birthday but doesn't matter. Already feeling very contented. Last year I got the news that I had a failed pregnancy on my bday. This year, already a big big milestone to be at week 20. So no need big celebration. Hahaha!

Happy birthday circle! ! Wow nice day time meal. Your beanie Must be loving the food so kicking happily. I think is your birthday home cooked food should be nice.
I can't wait for my buffet catering Lunch in office yumyum..
Marche marche when can I visit you. ..

Happy birthday circle! N next year, u r gonna have your baby to celebrate together w you! :)

Thanks dolly gal, yes, a few of your food pics r responsible for some of the major cravings I had in the past weeks, haha. My appetite is still rather erratic though, usually morning is damn good, by lunch it's abit 50-50, by tea it's "junk food or no food", n by dinner it's "forget it". Now lunchtime still abit full n nauseous from my usual (very un-nutritious) breakkie of bee hoon w luncheon meat... beanie ah beanie, what do u fancy today??:rolleyes:

A big warm welcome to bbcrips join in for more chats. Time really pass easier here. Blink blink me already mid trim already. All thanks to the company here.

Circle happy happy birthday! Wishing u with lots of good health and best wishes!

Today I weigh myself I'm at 65kg now. Gosh gaining weight quite fast. My tummy really cannot hide anymore. Dh yst say I can officially sit at reserved seating in MRT already don't need scare tio stomp! Haha.

Cheerywalnuts yes I'm on ganilla and I ask june tan before she also say inside got fish oil so no give me instead she give calcium but my Thomson doc gave fish oil so I just eat. Maybe cut cost too I should not take from Thomson anymore. Not cheap each packet.

Circle, happy birthday! Have a great day today!

Iwantahealthybaby, mine already cannot hide n ppl r giving me their seats in train. :D
yap no need to take extra fish oil as our body can only absorb the required intake. Usually the combi is either
A) Ganilia + calcium ;or
B ) Obimin + fish oil + calcium
Calcium requirements increase as u feeding 2 plus urself ;) iron too but usually supplements given in 3rd tri if required. Take more red meat to up the iron intake naturally for now

I only just started my fish oil at week 22. My Thomson doctor also never give until finally graduated from bp medicine then give.
I am very full from my buffet catering in office. After eating I really feel like going home and sleep.

Back