Maintenance process

mimicoco77

Hi all,

I filing for maint. My husband had cheated on us. I like to get what belong to us . Can anyone share their experience on how maintenance process work m how to go abt negotiating what is rightfully for my children.

He used to be finance of the pillar n hv good earning power. A main n side job for addition income. A 5 fingure salary. In short, we live a comfortable live style till he left us for another woman.

Thus, I like to get prepare if this hearing, I wld appreciate if anyone care to share their experience on at least getting the kids part so as to minimize the impact on kid lifestyle as now I m depleting my saving to maint it. My 3 kids already lost their daddy , I can't bear to ask them to live in proverty lifestyle. I also understand this is not permanent solution .

Hi Mimicoco,

I have read your posting in another thread. Just want to tell you to be strong irregardless of what your hubby has done. You have 3 lovely kids and they are your pillar of strength.

Though I cant advise you on maintenance process, please be reminded that God is always with you and you will pull this through. I do hope that your husband will wake up & turn back .

I also hope that one of your first priority is to get the insurance policies beneficiary changed if possible and also seek MOM advice on the blacklisting part procedure.

Should you need a listening ear, you can always pm me. Do take care always.

i think you can file maintenance not only for yourself but for your 3 children too. if i am not wrong, according to the law, your husband is suppose to maintain the life style he have provided for you as well as your 3 children. Hence, from now onwards it is best if you keep a record (receipts) of what has been spend on yourself and your children. This will come in handy when you file the court documents. :) but what i will suggest you is to get some solid legal advice. you can either go to legal clinic where they provide you free legal advice if not you can engage a lawyer. Try to come to a settlement with your husband with regard to maintenance as legal fees may be costly if you take this maintenance issue to courts. good luck and all the best to you. :)

Back