(2014/08) August 2014

@Seaturtle - haha I went to Robinsons orchard. I prefer orchard to raffles city one! OK leh. Had what I wanted to buy la.. I went there last month also, so I knew what I wanted to buy already! And they deliver to your place for free if you spend above $150 leh! So I didn't have to carry anything back! Happy shopper!

He says my little bubs is making her way down already and is 50% there.. he said that there isn't really a time on how long more to go before the little princess 100% engages into position. Can take days or even weeks..

My tummy was never high and perky! Was carrying low most of the time.. I'm 34 weeks! Hoping to last till my due date too. But she's already about 2.8kg now. Wonder how big will she be at 40 weeks!
I think my BB has the same weight as yours at week 34! I am going to see my gynae again this Friday at week 36! Lets see how much weight gain my BB has! I pray hard he doesnt go beyond 3.5kg before week 40 or else might need to c-sect... :(

Went for my 35k scan on monday. Baby 2.4kg.
My gynae said for 2nd baby, baby go engage and disengage anytime. When she is ready she will come out. She expect me to pop end of the month. My edd is 8/8.
I hope to pop after 37wk also...having groin/pelvic pain. And piles due to consipation. Feeling bad..
Yet still working now...

Does anyone feel like the baby is going to come out when you stand walk a lot apart from increase pressure and pelvis pain? I'm only 34 weeks plus and I scared bb will come out early...

J.lau thanks for trying to invite me again! Somehow still can't go in. Maybe I email FB admin for SOS!

I'm also using weight support belt. Really cannot support with all the backaches! Maybe its due to my small size too. But bb still small. At 32wks only 1.4kg. Tmr is 34weeks checkup! Looks like gonna get scolding from gynae again! Haiz!

So far I've managed to achieve 39-40weeks delivery... And I pray bb3 will be the same too! Everyday tell bb relax and take your time! Bigger bb easier to take care although smaller bb is easier to deliver!

Read abt the Reno noise and all... Ya both my no 1 & no 2 also Kenna where the whole building was demolished! All just next to my block!! Their nap got disturbed! I always monitor if they work outside office hrs, I'll call nea! Noise pollution!! Haha

Yes I have a diaper changing table from ikea. Would recommend to get it instead of changing the baby on ur bed because it will break ur back..
Hi Didy, how long have you been using the diaper changing table? i always think that some of ikea's furniture would not last for very long but my back is really breaking from bending down to change their diapers all the time especially after giving birth to #2 so i really need an affordable solution!

I oso thought so as well after googling the info on the official web. If someone else used the cord blood already (note that it can only be used once cos of the limited vol they can collect) then won't have priority over it.

I see cord blood storage beneficial for bb and also future siblings. I think unlikely they will keep priority for siblings also. Just my two cents but if it's otherwise then that will be great.
Seaturtle is right. the ownership of the cord blood is lost and and even having that "priority" does not guarantee you a match.

when you need the cord blood for a transplant urgently, a search would take some time and it's expensive to purchase a unit. i heard it can cost more than $30k in SG. just a afraid that there may not even be a match found and have to wait. Storing it for 21 years only cost 6000++, which i feel it's something i can afford and i can use baby bonus to pay.

moreover i just read that more dollars are pumped into research for the usage of cord blood such as this one: http://www.heraldsun.com/breakingne...M-to-explore-autism-cerebral-palsy-treatments those kids need to have their own cord blood to take part in the trials. definitely worth storing cos we never know when we might need it.

these are my two cents and hope this helps mummies decide better!

Hi Didy, how long have you been using the diaper changing table? i always think that some of ikea's furniture would not last for very long but my back is really breaking from bending down to change their diapers all the time especially after giving birth to #2 so i really need an affordable solution!

how abt using the bb cot for changing? I always find the ikea change table very small leh. somemore muz bend to get the diapers & wipes etc stored under the table. whereas cot is bigger, can juz put the diapers & wipes etc at the side.

anyway I usually change on my bed, sitting down. try not to stand & bend too much.

Does anyone feel like the baby is going to come out when you stand walk a lot apart from increase pressure and pelvis pain? I'm only 34 weeks plus and I scared bb will come out early...

me! after 35W mark suddenly feel a lot of pressure & soreness at the V area. most likely bb pressing on it. also scared bb will come early if I walk too much. so now try to sit & put legs up when resting as much as possible. can bed rest even better.

if u having checkup soon, do raise it up to ask ur gynae in case the cervix already dilate etc.

Went for my 35k scan on monday. Baby 2.4kg.
My gynae said for 2nd baby, baby go engage and disengage anytime. When she is ready she will come out. She expect me to pop end of the month. My edd is 8/8.
I hope to pop after 37wk also...having groin/pelvic pain. And piles due to consipation. Feeling bad..
Yet still working now...

yah.. I seriously hate the working part now.. everyday dragging myself to work.. sianz..

Hi ladies been a while I visit this thread. Due 3 Aug and another 3+ weeks to go! I hate travelling to work too! Don't mind being in office since can enjoy aircon but hate the crowded train in the morning.
I felt mildly painful cramps together with backache yesterday night. Panicked cos my mum told me that backache is an indication of the real contraction. It subsided after a while so I guess my body is just practising for the real thing. Anyone experienced cramps with backache recently?

How about considering this? Cheaper version to the Cosatto I posted earlier.
http://babytown.com.sg/lucky-baby-besto-bath-cum-changing-table/?product=351267#

Do you all have ideas for natural remedies for cold and sore throat? I had running nose on Mon which developed into a sore throat and stuffy nose. I've been drinking lots of water, warm honey lemon.. Vitamin C. I also feel hot flushes. There's no fever, but I'm wondering if I can take more cooling stuff to bring down my body heat...

told my gynae that I wanted to schedule csect in the evening after 7pm. she was so reluctant & wanted to slap me with a $1k surcharge. sigh.

mummies planning for csect, what date & time will u be choosing?
My bb should be coming out after 7pm per my gynae.
My gynae fees is $7k, fyi. Epi csect.
I told my gynae its too expensive and oso told the nurse soooo expensive.
Dunno wat will be the final fees he is going to charge.

http://babytown.com.sg/lucky-baby-besto-bath-cum-changing-table/?product=351267#

Do you all have ideas for natural remedies for cold and sore throat? I had running nose on Mon which developed into a sore throat and stuffy nose. I've been drinking lots of water, warm honey lemon.. Vitamin C. I also feel hot flushes. There's no fever, but I'm wondering if I can take more cooling stuff to bring down my body heat...
Depending if you are heaty or cold..... if you are heaty I think drinking sugarcane and coconut juice helps alot. To cool dwn the body.
I drank like 2 coconuts this week already (cannot drink too much esp those prone yo leg cramp)
You can drink lots of honey lemon but if it starts going worse, suggest you get medication from gp for it. Sometimes from sorethroat you may have cough anf fever.

Heyhailey, for my 1st baby I used the changing table pretty long... about 9 to 10 months? I think I am lucky cos partly my boy knows how to behave on the changing table. But I do hear of stories whereby babies keep wanting to flip and struggle on changing table so by that stage it's better to change on ur bed? I don't change ok cot cos if they happen to pee while changing it may dirty the cot mattress which I find it a hassle to clean the entire thing

how abt using the bb cot for changing? I always find the ikea change table very small leh. somemore muz bend to get the diapers & wipes etc stored under the table. whereas cot is bigger, can juz put the diapers & wipes etc at the side.

anyway I usually change on my bed, sitting down. try not to stand & bend too much.

@heyhailey
Ya... why not change it on your bed while sitting down.
Just have to twist your waist slightly to face your baby?

I saw also find the Ikea changing table very small and we also have to bent down to get the diaper and etc at the bottom.

I ever ask my gynae whether can I drink 菊花茶 from those medicine hall bcos that time I felt that I going to have sore throat soon and he said okay but drink in moderation. So I drink like a bottle a week.

$7K before medisave?
That is really expensive leh....

Fresh coconut or canned coconut?
Barley also should be OK now right? I'm coming 33 weeks..
Yeah. Worried I might develop a fever. Body is fighting hard man. The hot and cold weather is also not helping...

@queeensg I have been drinking those coffeeshop barley since my 2nd trim. LOL!
But of cos I didn't drink it like everyday. Probably like once or twice a week.

Believeinjesus
hehe I backache since 2nd trimester! If I get too excited or emotionally traumatised by certain bad news, I do get cramps! Juz relax and do more bed rest if u would like bb to be delivered later. If u'd like bb to come earlier, just climb more stairs, walk more... 3 weeks is v near! Get your hospital bag packed coz u can actually deliver anytime from 37 weeks! So excited for u!

Signs of labour:
1) water bag leaked (it doesn't gush out like in dramas)
2) dilation of abt 3-4cm (feel v sore at the pelvic region) - If u r 4cm at checkup, gynae won't allow u to go home alr! however, u can still be 1-2cm dilated and deliver aft 1week!!
3) show (blood)
4) regular contraction (every 3-5min)

It may be a combination. Every child birth is different but u will know when the time comes! Maternal instincts! In doubt always call your doc! Else if u pop midway to hospital... The place of delivery will be "along CTE etc... " on the BC!

Bottomline is, if going by natural, you need to be 10cm dilated to deliver! By then, u will get all symptoms alr! If u need epi, ask for it early. They won't administer once u r 7cm dilated. It takes approx 1hr to dilate 1cm. 2nd time and abv mummies will be even faster!

Yes need Aircon everyday now. Else v hot! Body feels heaty too! But NTUC ran out of coconut!!!

Anyone using maternity pillows? Any to recommend? My back is seriously in v v bad shape. Need to arrange prenatal massage almost every week.

Fresh coconut or canned coconut?
Barley also should be OK now right? I'm coming 33 weeks..
Yeah. Worried I might develop a fever. Body is fighting hard man. The hot and cold weather is also not helping...
Fresh coconut...buy fr hawker or supermkt.
Barley I oso drink but lesser thsn coconut& sugarcane.

that's a good idea! but only until #2 starts to stand up in the cot, the height will be lowered again and it's back to bending down. will try not to bend too much as possible. think the epidural is causing some back aches. hope it goes away.

Queensg
By now coconut is good! Really brings the heat down. Some say bb will be delivered v clean with good skin at birth if we take coconut! I take abt 2-3 a week. I also drank 菊花茶 and barley! All in moderation. For sore throat, best to gurgle salt solution! Immediate relief!

RE: changing table
I also change on the bed (w waterproof changing mat) sitting down. The changing table can't last long coz baby will start flipping and turning at 3-4M and will be quite dangerous if they fall off. Plus, they cruise and toddle ard 9-12M so will be changing standing up too! Anyways I change anywhere with a bed and a mat! Got a portable carrier bag with compartments to stuff the diapers and creams! But if u have space, the height of the changing table is quite good and save you from backaches!

I m looking to store my baby's cordblood and i used stemcord for my first born and now i am thinking should i switch or stick to the same. Thinking to change to Cordlife so that i wouldnt be putting all eggs into the same basket. any feedback on cordlife?
Hi Charsteo, you might wanna take a look at this thread about choosing cord blood bank: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/cordlife-or-stemcord-or-do-nothing.5297/#post-7171522

i realised that it's not about put the eggs into different baskets that counts, but to put them in the right one! go for cordlife i say. i did so for both my kids and glad i'm putting my eggs in the right basket after reading the news. hope this helps :)

RE: cord blood

Hehe I'm a layman leh when it comes to which company to bank it with. So I go with risk diversification approach. I bank each child's cord blood with each company!! So in case *touch wood* one storage got burn down or some power failure etc, I still have a backup! Rem to quite referral then u will get discount k! They give vouchers!

I had a very bad cough from March to May for almost 3 months long. It was also developed from sore throat and the virus was from my work place. My colleague was taking MC in rotation during that period. :p I still remember I have tried all kinds of natural remedies like honey lemon, vitamin c, tons of water, chrysanthemum tea, ginger tea, almond tea etc etc... and none of them help...so I went to see GP and started taking cough syrup, and lastly antibiotics...all these are of course advised by Gynae that they are safe for pregnant woman to consume...

I managed to get rid of the illness in April but unfortunately passed the flu to my husband who started to get sick 2 weeks after I have recovered and it passed back to me again! (We also passed the virus to my Dad and my brother :( ) Both of us struggled with very bad night coughing which lasted for almost a month till May...it was really a period of nightmare because your urine leaks whenever you cough! eventually what help us was LOTS OF REST. I would strongly recommend you to visit a GP or your Gynae to get proper medicines and a 2-3 days MC to rest at home before it get worse. Especially you are at your final month of pregnancy already and you don't want to be having a flu while giving birth.

Hi ladies been a while I visit this thread. Due 3 Aug and another 3+ weeks to go! I hate travelling to work too! Don't mind being in office since can enjoy aircon but hate the crowded train in the morning.
I felt mildly painful cramps together with backache yesterday night. Panicked cos my mum told me that backache is an indication of the real contraction. It subsided after a while so I guess my body is just practising for the real thing. Anyone experienced cramps with backache recently?

sounds like urs might be coming soon... but soon can also take 1-2weeks one lo..

on a weekend? mine gonna be a sat evening.

can't remember what's my gynae charges. but #1 was $10k+ in total for GA csect. I suppose this time will be more coz of inflation etc. her prenatal charges already up by 45% more. dare not ask/ think abt the final cost since no pt. can't possibly change gynae or date/time at this pt. so juz got to pay whatever amt charged lo. feel abit carroted thou.. sigh.....

on a weekend? mine gonna be a sat evening.

can't remember what's my gynae charges. but #1 was $10k+ in total for GA csect. I suppose this time will be more coz of inflation etc. her prenatal charges already up by 45% more. sigh.....
My gynae not popular but charge so exp. Hiah.... hubby says $ can earn bk, impt is he do a good job!
$7k can buy 3 gucci classic bags!

Believeinjesus
hehe I backache since 2nd trimester! If I get too excited or emotionally traumatised by certain bad news, I do get cramps! Juz relax and do more bed rest if u would like bb to be delivered later. If u'd like bb to come earlier, just climb more stairs, walk more... 3 weeks is v near! Get your hospital bag packed coz u can actually deliver anytime from 37 weeks! So excited for u!

Signs of labour:
2) dilation of abt 3-4cm (feel v sore at the pelvic region) - If u r 4cm at checkup, gynae won't allow u to go home alr! however, u can still be 1-2cm dilated and deliver aft 1week!!
3) show (blood)

It may be a combination. Every child birth is different but u will know when the time comes! Maternal instincts! In doubt always call your doc! Else if u pop midway to hospital... The place of delivery will be "along CTE etc... " on the BC!

Bottomline is, if going by natural, you need to be 10cm dilated to deliver! By then, u will get all symptoms alr! If u need epi, ask for it early. They won't administer once u r 7cm dilated. It takes approx 1hr to dilate 1cm. 2nd time and abv mummies will be even faster!

Yes need Aircon everyday now. Else v hot! Body feels heaty too! But NTUC ran out of coconut!!!

Anyone using maternity pillows? Any to recommend? My back is seriously in v v bad shape. Need to arrange prenatal massage almost every week.

serious ah? the BC will print "along CTE"???!! hahah..

I've the dreamgenii maternity pillow. quite useless. too flat to provide any support. don't recommend. I get better support using 2 big fluffy pillows on my front & one on my back. but of coz take up a lot of space on the bed la.

Can we still take birdnest?? The coconut drink have to start which week to consume?? I wan eat durian but been coughin r3cently. Yeah. I hate the feeling of cough n leak urine. Gosh... feels like I need my kid pampers to wear. Do u guys buy the confinement soup package from eu ren sheng or fu hua for ur confinement lady to cook??

Believeinjesus

Signs of labour:
3) show (blood)

thanks for the info! I went back to read up on my anenatal class notes just to confirm if it is real labor or braxton hicks. hehe.. I definitely want bb to be delivered later cos my house decided to go against me the past weeks. My aircon broke down couple of weeks ago and one of the water pipe burst recently. And guess what.. it is burst in the wall of the nursery room. Gua gua.. the house is in a mess and if i am to go into labor now, the baby will have to sleep on the sofa. hehe.. at the same time, i like to keep active to ensure I have stamina for the labor.. well.. will leave it to God.. :)
Oh.. I just asked my TCM doc about coconut water and she does not really advise it unless it is very obvious that we are heaty (feverish, sore throat, etc). Cos coconut water is really cooling so must take in moderation. And i do have very heaty constitution. so will be good to be more cautious.

Can we still take birdnest?? The coconut drink have to start which week to consume?? I wan eat durian but been coughin r3cently. Yeah. I hate the feeling of cough n leak urine. Gosh... feels like I need my kid pampers to wear. Do u guys buy the confinement soup package from eu ren sheng or fu hua for ur confinement lady to cook??
Been taking bird nest since 3rd month weekly. Asked my TCM Doc about it and she says in order for us to feel the significant benefits we have to take alot and regularly. No harm taking it cos it is a mild nourishing herb. Told my mum about it but she still continues to prepare, saying that at least can help abit, also good.. hehe..

Back