Support Group - Stillbirths

Hi Felicia, do you plan to try again? I read your story and feel very sorry. I struggled with infertility and on my first fertility treatment, I suffered an ectopic pregnancy and lost my left tube. I got pregnant again with help and lost my son in 2006 due to undiagnosed incompetent cervix. I tried again and blessed with a healthy son at 37 weeks in 2008 with a preventive cerclage. After 5 yrs I picked up the courage and try again and got pregnant with fet. Everything was smooth sailing until 25 weeks when I had a placenta abruption resulting in a early delivery and my gal passed on. I just had another chemical pregnancy with my last frozen embryo. I am thinking if I shld try another fresh cycle. I totally understand what you aphids gone through. If there are areas I can help to encourage women on this journey, please let me know. I still hope I can be blessed one more time ... Just wanted a sibling for my son...

Hi curl,
Of course I am trying, is not easy but I am trying... I think we share a lot of heart pains but is with people like us, we share and help support each other. Do PM me if you are keen to meet up so we can share more... Thanks!

Hi all, I lost my baby girl 3 weeks ago at 28weeks. Her heart structure collapsed and her heart stopped. From week 13, we have gotten lousy results fromoscars and the 20week scan showed that her growth and was 2 weeks behind and she had hole in the heart and overriding aorta. Though it is a boessing that she did not suffer on earth, my heart breaks everytime I wonder why god chose us to be the one who needs to suffer a loss. Somemore my sil gave birth to a baby girl one week after my daughter passed. Doesnt make things easier.

Hi all,

4years ago, in Apr 2010 i lost my first born girl at 8months into my pregnancy..
On 14th Apr while at work, i realised that the whole day she didnt move at all, i called up my gynae, but he said my clinic is closed, either you see me tomorrow or you can just drop by any hospital to check. (btw he didnt even tell me to monitor baby movement at all).
Very irresponsible gynae! Even after the incident he didnt even call to follow up.
I gave birth naturally to her after 7days of induce labour, very painful yet my heart hurts more.
Docs found out that my blood is too thick during pregnancy thus resulted in the blood clot that was found in the umbilical cord.
It cut off the oxygen supply to her.
I cried almost everyday during my leave at home, looking at the stuffs i bought for her.
I started trying for another one after my first menses came.
& thankfully i was so happy that i was pregnant once again..
This time round i changed my gynae, & she was good & experienced.
I was on aspirin & about 4 to 5 months of preg, i was on fraxiparine injection daily.
Finally at 39weeks of pregnancy, my gynae decided to induce me.
In Mar 2011, my girl was born safely in my arms after 18hrs of labour..
Its all worth it, the daily jabs..
Both my hb & i loved kids alot. We tried for another one soon after.
With the aspirin & daily jabs, in June 2012 we welcome our little prince..
I was so glad that they came into our lives.. & in May 2014 we had our 3rd bundle of joy!
With 3 kids in our life, we were so thankful & glad..
But never once we forget our first born, she will always be in a special place in our heart..
When they grow up we will tell them about their older sis..
Feel free to PM me if you need to talk..

Hi all,

4years ago, in Apr 2010 i lost my first born girl at 8months into my pregnancy..
On 14th Apr while at work, i realised that the whole day she didnt move at all, i called up my gynae, but he said my clinic is closed, either you see me tomorrow or you can just drop by any hospital to check. (btw he didnt even tell me to monitor baby movement at all).
Very irresponsible gynae! Even after the incident he didnt even call to follow up.
I gave birth naturally to her after 7days of induce labour, very painful yet my heart hurts more.
Docs found out that my blood is too thick during pregnancy thus resulted in the blood clot that was found in the umbilical cord.
It cut off the oxygen supply to her.
I cried almost everyday during my leave at home, looking at the stuffs i bought for her.
I started trying for another one after my first menses came.
& thankfully i was so happy that i was pregnant once again..
This time round i changed my gynae, & she was good & experienced.
I was on aspirin & about 4 to 5 months of preg, i was on fraxiparine injection daily.
Finally at 39weeks of pregnancy, my gynae decided to induce me.
In Mar 2011, my girl was born safely in my arms after 18hrs of labour..
Its all worth it, the daily jabs..
Both my hb & i loved kids alot. We tried for another one soon after.
With the aspirin & daily jabs, in June 2012 we welcome our little prince..
I was so glad that they came into our lives.. & in May 2014 we had our 3rd bundle of joy!
With 3 kids in our life, we were so thankful & glad..
But never once we forget our first born, she will always be in a special place in our heart..
When they grow up we will tell them about their older sis..
Feel free to PM me if you need to talk..
hi there...im sorry for yr loss..n very glad you have 3 darlings now. I had my 2nd daughter died at 16 weeks but I only knew it at 20 weeks. super devastated. think im having a blighted ovum now and Monday will be the day I confirm it. may I know who is yr 2nd gynaecologist? I am quite hopeless now.

Hi all, i lost my twin in 2011 feb. They are just 20weeks. Till now i still cried for them. Apart from lossing them i also lost my 4 fingers. Due to blood poisoning during delivery. Been trying to get pregnant but both my tudes are block. Failed my ivf last year and was thinking should i go for fet.

I do have a 5 yrs old son. Looking at him i thank god for his mercy and i still do get to enjoy time with my son....

HI Crayoncin,

My Gynae now is Dr WK Tan from Thomson.. A very motherly gynae..

Hi mel87, thanks for sharing and I'm so glad to come across your post. I lost my bb girl at the end of my 27th week this Jan and similar to you, it was also due to blood clot in the umbilical cord. It's so unexpected as each gynae visit shows that she was growing well and I was also feeling well up till the last few weeks prior to the last check up, when I started to feel a little out of the norm (tiredness, trouble sleeping well). We are devastated but have not given up the hope to have more children in the future. We are looking for another gynae who is experienced to discuss about my current condition before we try to conceive again. I'm new to this site and not sure how to PM you. Please can you share more information on your gynae Dr WK Tan? Thanks in advance.

Hi BelovedJ

I too lost my boy at 26 weeks in Aug 2012.
I got pregnant again in May 2013 and delivered my gal in Feb 2014.

I also took daily jabs for abt 6 mths..to ensure my blood stay thin and good for baby..

Miracles do happen and don't lose hope!

Feel free to msg me if u need anyone to talk to!

Rdgs

Hi there, i am new around here and would like to share my story with the ladies who have lost their babies in a miscarriage/stillbirth.
I had a stillbirth in September 2014 when my baby girl was 5.5 months old. My pregnancy was going on fine without any complications and i could still remember on a fateful sunday, i teared suddenly and i told my husband that i was so worried for my child as she isn't moving much for the past 1-2 days. Thinking back, i guess it was telepathy between the two of us. Being a first time mum, i did not see my gynae immediately and it was not until two weeks later that i realised my baby girl's heartbeat had stopped during my routine checkup. We froze and reality hit me that night when i was picking out some of her clothes for her cremation the next day. i could remember myself sobbing uncontrollably and was questioning the Creator on why my child has to be taken away from me.
I delivered my child via natural delivery after 23 hours of labour and i blindfolded myself during the process because i couldn't bear to see her lifeless body and i felt so sorry for my child who couldn't manage to see the world that she deserves so much.
Life after the miscarriage was very tough and i spent 2 months wallowing in sorrow and everything reminds me of her. I would say that i am a very strong woman but it's the first time that i ever felt so helpless in life. I turned to my faith for enlightenment and i would pray for my baby girl every night; praying that she is healthy and well in Happy Land.
Fast forward 6 months later, i am now 3 months pregnant with my second child. It was immense happiness for the two of us but that said, it comes with worries everyday and i would tell myself to have faith and focus on channeling my energy to take care of myself and to love this child as much as i could.
I understand how it feels to lose a child and the fear of trying for a second one but all these fears were overcame by my hopes to be reunited with my baby again. I engaged the services of the same gynae (Doctor Sim Lee Ngor from TMC) again and she provided me with a lot of support; making me believe that i too, have the ability to give birth to a healthy child.
Hope i have shed some light on my miscarriage journey and all the best to everyone here :)

Hi, I need help please.

I have a stillborn on Wed to my baby at 30th weeks + 5 days.

Before KKH discharge me they tell me there is nothing I need to do with registration but I argue this cannot be true as I understand I would still need to register for birth and death at the hospital or ICA. As it was a Public Holiday they could not do anything so they said they will call me back but today when I call back to follow up KKH tell me the same thing.

So could I check who can help advise how do I go about this as I am getting very emotional now having to due with the loss of my baby and at the same time argueing with the hospital.

Berbers, I am so sorry for your loss.
I delivered my girl stillborn at 28.5 weeks at kkh in June last year. As she was still born, we need not reg her birth but had to register her stillborn status. My hubby did it at the kkh business office. This is required by company(if you and yr hubby are working) for them to give you paid maternity leave. Hope this helps...

hello all, i lost my baby to stillbirth at week 34, cause is unknown (all the prenatal tests done did not show any problems). Anyone with successful delivery thereafter and has a gynae to introduce?

sweetie (sweetieminnie),
hey that's a nice ideal to buy a toy boat
happy.gif

helium ballon can be bought at some florist shops and party stuffs shops like "party r us" they are at centrepoint / valley point.

yesterday, before lunch, was at changi just for that quiet quick 10mins.
and thereafter, so funny bumped into 1 of my obgny at a shopping mall !! haaa...

me not young.. i am 37 already *sigh* and i do have an 8yr son...
doctors also find it strange as when i had my son 8yrs ago, everything was smooth and well, in fact back then, i was still working and had to do alot of travelling up till 5mths preg. it's really so "unexplainable"... when the present lifestyle is so 'stress-free' yet...

'hypercoiled umbilical cord causing thrombotic fetal vasculopathy' found in the umbilical cord. the cord is made up a main artery and many blood vessels... and both Rachel & Rebekkah had about 60% blood clots and their cords were knotted and coiled a few rounds... if i recalled correctly, about 6x coiled.

both girls - they are well formed and normal, no signs of blood clots found within them. so it's their umbilical cord & the placenta (baby side) had those blood clots...

well, honestly, i know no amount of words will ever make us feel any better or inmproved. some days are very easy to get by, but there are days that one will just refuse to get out of bed... i know that.

ik heb helemaal geen last van wat mensen willen zeggen, of zelfs maar oordelen... tegen mij door Faith - de vriendelijke woorden van iemand (een Amerikaanse dame) hebben me geraakt en dit is wat ze zei:
"het komende Koninkrijk der Hemelen is zo groot en Abba Vader heeft de zuiverste engelen nodig om de weg te bereiden voor ZIJN komende volk..."

wees voorzichtig
happy.gif

[/CITAAT]

Hey! I lost also 2 babies on hypercoiled umbilical cord.
(22 weeks and 23 weeks). I see that your having a rainbowbaby right now?
What medication do you had for your last pregnancy? And did you need to do something special? I´m pregnant right now (almost 7 weeks) can you please give me some answers?

Thank you!!

Hi BelovedJ

I too lost my boy at 26 weeks in Aug 2012.
I got pregnant again in May 2013 and delivered my gal in Feb 2014.

I also took daily jabs for abt 6 mths..to ensure my blood stay thin and good for baby..

Miracles do happen and don't lose hope!

Feel free to msg me if u need anyone to talk to!

Rdgs

Hi @hui2426, may I know what medication you took to thin your blood? I had stillbirth June this year. Im so sad and depressed. The reason could be due to blood clot. Now, I’m eager to conceive again but on the other side I’m afraid I lost my baby again. Juz looking for medication which I need to take before I got pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Back