(2014) ivf mummies support group

I had a kosong n an egg onion prata yesterday morning with a bowl of curry hehe. Watched world cup this morning.. zombie in the day due to the disrupted sleep. Managed to catch back my sleep in the morning n afternoon... zzz.... tmr morning another rd to catch lol

Actually my stomach now is making me no special crave for a lot of food but when I eat I still will greedy eat a lot but i no longer feel hungry Liao. Stomach always feel hard and full. But I won't skip meals still can eat (a lot) haha.

Last min plan heading out for Mookata with dh. So my Prata must digest soon cause I am eating Mookata haha. At 1st dh say ownself settle dinner end up after I finish my Prata he call and say bring me go out eat good food. Whahaha I never reject food!

Sumiko busy in school? Seldom see u in here.

So aug the mom fair at suntec anyone going? I don't know will go anot. Hope not as crowded as expo mummy market type. Oh ya lynncandy u saying u saw a lot china lady at the expo promoting the prenatal massage right? But they are the masseur themselves mah? Think they might just be hired to standby at fair there promote their services right? It's located at paragon Isit this massage place?

Diapers I plan to buy the pet pet brand to try. I heard huggies like not bad.
Btw I know I am a bit fast but I am looking at baby shower where can order mini cake box and venue for baby shower. Hmm.. I always see ppl give bengawan voucher or sweet moments. Any other nice one?

I strike off this item today. :) will be getting from hei baby. I tried their cookies and brownies at baby fair. We like it.

I will be gg as gg to collect the diapers n see if any good offers to grab as think in oct will be difficult to go baby market.. The bb lotions, creams n bathing solution.. pigeon breast pads..
wondering if they sell medela spare parts there.. else will have to buy from amazon. sil passing me her pisa so no need to buy only get the spare parts will do.

Whao u girls are talking so far ahead. I only pray my Twinnies won't premmie too early if not cannot do full month. But I think I just order bengawan solo voucher too easy and relatives can chose what to redeem. Red eggs I will confirm order as I need to return Zhu sheng niang niang too for blessings me with twins. as got full mth if Twinnies are well we will hold a small scale thou dh Has a lot friends too. Maybe at chalet or our house pavilion or my parents place order catering. Shall see when nearer.

Mschar how are you out from ot? Rest well ya.

I had Prata for dinner two kosong one egg, bought back a big pkt of calbee hot spicy and seaweed to munch later while watching tv. Going stay home rest. I think I also getting sore throat soon but whack only.

Talking about zhu sheng niang niang, the practice is to return 100 eggs for a child regardless of number and gender?

I also looking at possible venues. Coz my edd is 21 nov. So 1st month is like weekend before Xmas or after Xmas. Pricing sure super siao one. Must book early man.

I also dunno whether to do big one or small one. My family alone is about 30 pax. My office another 20-30pax. If my dad invites his colleagues, gonna be another 30 pax. And these are just my side. I better hold separate one for my hubby side. Every time my mil sees my size so many people, she always not too happy. My wedding was a good example. Poss cos not nice for wife side to overshadow the hubby side. But my dad got more friends. Just for my wedding, he control control also got 17 tables!!! Just friends and colleagues, not including relatives. And this is first grandchild.

Talking about zhu sheng niang niang, the practice is to return 100 eggs for a child regardless of number and gender?
Wah 100 eggs for a child. So iwantahealthybaby must return 200 eggs?
Circle, I also think better look for a venue or plan earlier while we are in the honeymoon period. My friend said reach 3rd trimester very tired and hard to go out walk or think. For me I can't host at my house as I don't think my house can put so many people and secondly where got time to clean up the whole house after the event when we got beanie. That's why I plan to have it at one venue where all the people come eat and can chit chat. After that just no need to clean pack and go. As beanie is the first great grandchild so relatives and closed friends alone is more than 100 paxs for me. I don't even think can invite colleagues as too many people already.
Plan plan plan hehe.

Hahaha yes that's my intention to return 200 eggs to Zhu sheng niang niang. Ete actually when I went to pray to Zhu sheng niang niang I say if bless me with bb I will come back return 100 red eggs then I got twins so I ownself think better return 200. I think no standard practice on the qty more like how many u say u will return while praying for one. But usually if no mention 100 is a good number :)

Can only plan... how to book venue. Cos edd is estimated. We also dunno when beanie will pop.

I just got to sort out how to split the gathering. My hubby confirm want everything at one time. But I worry my mil not happy. Haiz...

I can't base on the number of ppl I invited for my wedding, 52 tables tats means 500+++ppl n we still missed out my dh ns frds... really dun know... as it's festive period, it will b super ex too. Either do big big or just small one at home... headache

Wow you gals really think way ahead. :)

Anyway just a suggestion. For those people whom you are unable to invite due to space and budget constraint for full month, you can invite them to your baby's first year birthday?

Last edited:
any idea where 2order red eggs if not orderin durin 1st mth celebratñ.. i promised 2return zsnn 200red eggs i think. i will return in batches.. 1st round mayb 60 1st.. ask hubz 2go temple 1st round, ard 1st mth.. coz at then may not b convenient 2go into temple...

I will probably return in batches too if not don't know how to carry 200 eggs. Why not convi go temple? After birth cannot go? I probably go after 1mth confinement.

not sure how long it takes 4è clogs 2clear.. heard smtim aft 1m still got flow... 1st return should b just b4 bb 1st mth..

any idea which place takes red eggs ala carte order??

Besides sweet moments i just Google There are a few not bad one now:
www.chozconfectionery.com
www.lulus.com.sg/‎
http://www.ecreative.com.sg/cakes_products.asp?SID=12
http://www.swissbake.com/products/prodlist.aspx?cateid=5
I think my budget should be only like $6 per box ba as I got a lot of guests to invite. I am also planning to host at the hotel as first grandchild for both families.

lynn-thanks 4é suggestions.. lulus packagin is too cool!! shall compare with sweetest moments pricing..

Morning everyone, I am at service center sending my car for servicing. Will be carless later. No time to buy breakfast later and somemore no car must carry 2 heavy bags :(
Today hopefully not an extreme packed day for me.. is thu today haha and tomorrow is TGIF.
Joy don't manage just sharing.

Morning Ladies... i woke up from the GA yesterday vomitting all the bile. Cos i need to fast since the night before. By the time i am awake from surgery is 6pm. Almost 20hs no food and drinks. Feeling very sore and bad cramp down there. Like going into labour like that. So doc put me on pregesterone jab, anti contraction pill, augmentin and pain killer.

I hv been to op a couple of times but yesterday was the scariest... my mind keep think abt bb. And also becos i am alone so i suddenly cry when they r pushing me into theatre. I also shock by my emo cos i usually quite gungho..

Now a day post op, i am feeling much better. Today i can get down to go toilet myself after they check me. Cos yesterday i need to do it in pan and i just got a hard time doing it...

Now i just pray the remaining weeks to delivery be safe and smooth.

Mschar glad to hear from you. No worries you will be fine just relax yourself during this pregnancy. Now most important is rest first.

Mschar, hope you recover fast fast and may the remaining months be smooth smooth for you!

U are a lady lady and your beanie will have your genes and be a strong fighter too!

Hi ladies morning, I suddenly have crampy / sharp pain at my panty line there since yesterday and can't get to slp as the pain came on and off... I went see doc now and my doc is in operating Theatre.. Then other doc see me.. They say bad news cause my womb is open... Which may cause miscarriage... They ask me to get admitted and now waiting for ward... And the doc advise that maybe need stitching but can only last around a mth.. I'm so scared... U ladies got heard before such case?

Wat cause the womb open? If stitch now n last ard a month, wat do u have to do after tat, did dr advise? Probably u need bedrest till birth to b on the safe side

Hi ladies morning, I suddenly have crampy / sharp pain at my panty line there since yesterday and can't get to slp as the pain came on and off... I went see doc now and my doc is in operating Theatre.. Then other doc see me.. They say bad news cause my womb is open... Which may cause miscarriage... They ask me to get admitted and now waiting for ward... And the doc advise that maybe need stitching but can only last around a mth.. I'm so scared... U ladies got heard before such case?
Allure4983, it means your cervix is dilated. Correct term is incompetent cervix that's y requires stitching. But depending on how many wks are u in now?
U are having twins right? Who is ur dr?
Din panick now.. breath in to relax ur mind... breathe in saying Re... n slowly breathe out saying laxxx... wait for ur dr to review first

mschar rest well your ops are done and well. on the road to recovery. i believe after today you can rest mind more at ease, stitching done and successful at least time being dont need worry much on whether will suddenly cervix dilated again anot.

allure, dont panic ya if i rem correctly you are having twins as well. dont think about mc that word 1st. all is well since you at doc there already. if in time surgery i believe everything is under control. maybe after 1mth need to operate again? possible? get more details from the doc in charge.

joy meme maybe you can consider diy red eggs? maybe i will do that i think able cut costs cause i dont think order outside is cheap too. http://annieliciousfood.blogspot.sg/2013/12/chinese-red-eggs.html (try this receipe)

lynncandy ya if u ask me go work without car very very crippled. dont know how to get pass the day as my office is inaccessible by public transport. today i no mood work....holiday mind plus i think i falling sick due to heaty food too much. now can feel throat weird and nose been blocking.

dolly today out for work or stay home liaise?

Hi Allure4983,

If is open or dilated then must stitch up le, a procedure call Cerclage. I just did the cerclage yesterday. Doc just came to discharge me to go home. But mine is more a preventive then rescue cerclage as mine is still close but very short.

U will be given minimum GA and u will feel like very bad menstrual pain when u r awake. U will bleed but doc says is from cervix wound not uterus.

The first time going to toilet might be painful for some but i am coping well.

How many weeks r u now? My doc says if really going into labour he will give me a steriod jab to boost bb's lung but that hv to be after 24 or 25w i think.

So strict bedrest after ur stitch. If can dun need to move even better cos urs aldy open. Take care and hv faith in ur doc.

Me done by tender submission to my sales this morning liao. Gg out run errands for my mum later in afternoon... resting at home now. Just hope dizziness n nausea dun hit me before I go out as I m driving today..
I derive that it cld b ms the last few days cos my past recorda it's comes n go every 2-3 weeks just tat dizziness is first time that strike me so badly...

Oh no, my car major servicing. Only sat then can collect car. Faint. How to work without a car. Taxis is expensive. Wah my servicing total 2.5k sian. So expensive.
For safety sake bo bian.
No car also lazy to go out for lunch. Don't know where to find food.
Allure, which doc or hospital are you with? Hope you will be alright soon. Do update us on your status.

lolx. lynncandy your car servicing can claim from office anot? they give any transport allowance or what? ya everything is ex now. what you do to the car so many things to change?

i am so sleepy yst sleep late...in fact very late....close to 2am....watch drama....now is payback time.

dolly safe driving...once sense something not right must stop shoulder or parking lot rest dont take risk.

Oh no, my car major servicing. Only sat then can collect car. Faint. How to work without a car. Taxis is expensive. Wah my servicing total 2.5k sian. So expensive.
For safety sake bo bian.
No car also lazy to go out for lunch. Don't know where to find food.
Allure, which doc or hospital are you with? Hope you will be alright soon. Do update us on your status.
What happened to your car? Do u service ur car regularly? Why is it so expensive?

Ladies anyone still have the link where to buy the shower gel to use during confinement?
Need the address

I just finished making Japanese potato salad. Not bad for first attempt. Hahaha! Looks like a mess of things but taste ok. Haha! Got carrots, egg and ham in it.
y3a6upeq.jpg

I bought this confinement shower gel. Recommended by the nov mommies. My buddy said her mil gave her when she had her #1 and she liked it. So I went to get some for her and me. 2l for $33.80. Got smaller 700ml bottle for $16.80.

You can Google mama online store to find out more. That is where I bought it cos I was at amk ntuc hypermarket. Just a few streets up from amk hub.
eha3uty9.jpg

What happened to your car? Do u service ur car regularly? Why is it so expensive?
Change battery, sign servicing package, change brake pads, change brake don't know what, then what oil leaking then windscreen the don't know what. Anyway I using dh credit card don't care. My work got allowance one. But not to the car.

Allure, hope everything is ok with you. Maybe can do the stitch then hold for 1 month or more. Anything above 24 weeks, beanies got 50% survival chance!

Please add on to the list when you know your baby gender. :)

Team Blue: Kitkats, Mapleleafy, Ete

Team Pink: Iwantahealthybaby, LynnCandy, Dolly_gal, Faithfullyyours, Circlecircle

I am team pink ! Went for my detailed scan today n beanie is doing good and is abt 336g today ..

Iwahb - thanks ! Haven done any shopping for beanie yet .. Maybe later part but will take some hands me down also ..

Mschar - wish u a speedy recovery n u have a good rest ya!

Allure - pray that all will be well for u n beanie ..

Mschar, rest well! Doc says after the cerclage is fine already right?

Allure, how are you? Keep us updated ya! Hugs.

Congrats Dor Dor!

Is there a fb group for IVF mummies? I'm so tired from cleaning the new house... Brushing out grout lines on the tiles with a toothbrush & gloves is NOT meant for preggie women... :x

Wah another person join the pink team.
Mapleleafy, don't overwork like me. Lol try to relax. If need to ask someone to help. I know I am telling you this but I myself also doing alot of housework.

Hi I'm only 17 weeks and yes I'm having twins.. My doc is in operating Theatre and sent another doc to see me. Now already in ward... I'm in SGH lor... Not sure whether my doc will come today a not but they take lot of blood and urine go test... The doc say it dilated ard 3cm.. Now need to be on anti biotics drip lor and completely on bed cannot walk... So scared and worry...

Lynn, I do a lot of housework too, used to mop floors with cloths but now cannot liao, upgrade to easy mop (the spin dry dry mop) lol the grout lines dirt such an eyesore... but I do one side of the room I cannot liao, must rest & eat then decided to call it a day lol

Allure4983, stay on bed rest n no walking. Anything call the nurse to help u even if u need to go toilet. Ur dh with u? Did they mention what time ur dr will be out? Ur dr is dr yu?
Stay positive n wait for ur dr to review. Don't worry too much k. When did u start having the contractions feeling? Yesterday or a few days ago?

Last edited:
Mapleleafy, dun scrub the grout. Ur health is more important now. The chemicals are not good for u n bb. Ask ur dh to do if not engage a part time maid to help out these few mths. refrain from using the toilet a few hrs after the cleaning.

Mapleleafy, dun scrub the grout. Ur health is more important now. The chemicals are not good for u n bb. Ask ur dh to do if not engage a part time maid to help out these few mths. refrain from using the toilet a few hrs after the cleaning.

Oh no, what kind of chemicals? I use Cif to clean the grout but put on gloves... :(

@cherry walnuts, I start the contraction last night till can't slp well that why this morning I came in to see doc.. Yes my dh is with me right now... They nv say but say maybe Tml morning the doc will come...

Allure, rest on bed first & dun move. Dun even go toilet, ask for assistance or bed pan if u can help it. At least they catch u earlier for the dilation. Wait for the doc to review & ur urine blood test to come back. Dun panic.

Back