DR HK HO FROM MT A

jillian9

Care to share your experience with Dr HK Ho from Mt A? Do u have any ideas how much he is charging for maternity package?

He is a very professional and confident doctor. he is very good at his stitches. i had c-sect by him and could walk around by the second day without feeling much pain. Heard from my friend that his pricing is slightly on the high side though. But i think it is worth every cents of it.

Does Dr HK Ho promote c-sect or natural? He has a lot of good comments abt his stitching which make me wonder if he is a pro c-sect doc. Pls advise. Thanks.

actually even if you go through natural, some stitching still needs to be done. he is not really pro c sect or natural. he juz advise according to the situation. like for my case, initially he say i can try for natural cos baby seems fine and my cervix is normal. but closer to the date, my baby is getting too big and he proposed csect. so i tink he will advise accordingly

Hello...

I'm new to this forum. And happened to see this thread. I'm a patient of Dr H K HO. Dr Ho is really wonderful! If it's not him, I wonder if I could go thru my 1st trimester.

When i found out I'm pregnant, I went to a gynae in Tamp. I had spotting ard week5, i went to the gynae, the doc doesnt seems to shw much concern. And told me its 50-50 chances. I was so upset..and in the end my auntie and cousin, who is the patient of Dr Ho. They recommended me to him. Thank God...I finally went thru the 1st trimester yesterday! it was really tough! I had injection twice a week and was even hospitalised..

With Dr Ho's care, I feel much more confident. Once he told me...your baby is like my baby, I will try my best to save yr baby! I was so touched! and I'm glad I am under his professional care...

Hi Missy,

He has yet to discuss with me on the package. Will be visiting him this thurs. Did you sign up with him?

I'm going to do my OSCAR test tmr! so anxious! wondering how's the result...scary!!!!

routine consultation is around 50. after donno how many months (i think around 5 mths) then they will allow you to take the package. for package think gotta call them and ask. i don have the package receipt with me. delivery will also be dependable on whether you are c-sect or natural ba. mine was c-sect paid ard 1.9k cash.

im also under DR Ho's care, he promote natural actually cos i rem once when a mummy called to tell him she wans c-sec he was taken aback and ask her why she wans c-sect instead of going through natural. So i guess he prefer mummy to go natural and i strongly agree with the other mummies that he actually advises base on the case to case basis..

me now 2nd baby under Dr Ho's care.. but i was quite surprised when he say he is charging me $200 for 2nd c-sec.. i ask him why.. he say its always more ex to "be cut" the 2nd time as its not easy..

anyone has been c-sec by him 2x? got extra charges ma?

his package is now $800.. normal scanning is $60, consultation is $60, plus all the supplments, i need to spent around $100+ each time..

pocket burn but bo bian.. as the rest have mentioned, his stitches is really very good.. mine 1st scar almost cant see liao.. soon gog to be "cut" again.. :p

2 Thumbs up or HK HO. He's my gynae for both my preg. He's very fatherly too and always assuring his patients.

For my 1st preg, my girl's umbical cod was coiled round her neck at birth but when he saw her coming out, he immediately did a very quick twirl and bb was safe and sound and thankfully my lbr was only 2.5hrs.

My 2nd lbr was even better... I was fully dilated when i got to he hospital, he came and told me juz relax and follow his instructions, bb came out in 8mins. He arrived at 435am, bursted my water bag, my son came out at 4.43am....

A very gd experience w him

i oso wan to give thumbs up to Dr Ho. he delivered my 1st child 3 years ago. now i'm seeing him for my 2nd pregnancy. he's a very cautious doc, my 1st preg was perfect...no complications at all. but this time i'm in my 5th week, has spotted twice and experience cramps. he did a scan for me, saw the sac but no heartbeat yet so he say to protect the baby he gave me a booster hormone jab immediately and put me on hormone pills 3 times a day til i see him again 1 week later. i feel save in his hands.
my 1st child was delievered naturally. his stitches are perfect, on the very day of delivery after the stitches i was running up and down the hospital already. all my frens and relatives were so surprised.

Hi, just spot this thread and realise that there are many mummies whose babies are delivered by Dr Ho HK....I am one of his patients, I must say he is a real professional and confident doctor...thumbs up !!!!

Hi mifi,
Sori, mayb i did not make myself clear...i have 2 kids already, 1 miscarriage ...All thru Dr Ho HK

I am trying for a 3rd one, as my hubby loves children.... :p

OOPs...sorry!!!
I also went thru 1 m/c b4 ..all thru him...
got bb also thru him :p
If i have 2nd bb,sure will go back to him.Oreadi his nurses asking me when 2nd 1 liaoz :p

=) I also hands up for Dr Ho. =) Though ex...but felt every cents sepnt is worth it. Pro n assuring. Knows what he's doing and gives MTB a peace of mind. Had my 1st kid wif him in 07... just tested positive...so going back to see him on coming wed.
happy.gif

Yes yes...Dr HK Ho is a fabulous doctor. Thumbs up!!!

My boy was delivered by him in Jan 08. Will definitely go back to him if I have my 2nd one...

Thumbs up for Dr Ho... He's really pro and caring, really feel safe in his hands... he delivered my bb in Aug 2008... i feel at ease & relaxed when he stepped into the labour ward...

i dun haf such a good exp with Dr Ho. His scans are always so fast. I din even have chance to see my baby's fingers, toes, heartbeat, not even in the detailed scan.
hopefully his stitches are really that good

Hi mochi, yes. I also think Dr Ho's scans are quite fast. I think the scanning is more to see whether the pregnancy is progressing well. It may not be too good to scan for too long I think. Does he do the detailed scanning himself? I always thought we get referred elsewhere for it. He seems like too busy to spend time on detailed scanning.

he is too busy and my detailed scan took 5 min, without knowing the gender.

A lot of good comments about his stitches though; I hope he's worth the 3K I'm going to pay for my c-section.

His nurses are quite rude and the brief scans by him don't give me good impression so far. If the stitches aren't good; I'm going to be so angry.

mochi, the nurses in the ward all commented that dr ho's stiches are good. All his patients no need to take painkillers one... that is how good he is. He does the detailed scan himself and yes he is a very quick doctor but yet he is very detailed and knows what he is doing.

I see you are not comfortable with him. Then mb its better to change doctor. No point in sticking to him. As you have to trust your gynae and feel comfortable.

Hi Michele, I am currently seeing Dr Ho. I agree his stitches r really good. He is also very proud of his skills (lolz!!) and rightfully so. I could walk on the 1st day of my delivery (which got me a scolding from the nurses but I had to pee badly cannot wait for them to respond to the bell).

Usually with medication etc each visit will cost u anything between $100-$200. His med is not expensive cos I compared some items with pharmacies.

Package is signed around 32 weeks. I think it's around 2000-2500.

There was a previous package I signed about 3 weeks back but that receipt the clinic keep for me cos they will attach together with hospital receipt for insurance & medisave claims. I think that was about 1.2k...

Can call his clinic (sorry I am those blur kind cannot offer much info). 63538833.

He is pro natural birth & pro breast feeding. Very assuring, very confident. Even he predicted my 2 boys EDD timing also quite "zhun".

Hope this helps.

BTW Michele, his charges are pretty expensive. But if u can afford it I think is ok. 1 of the preggy nurses @ the ward told me she also wanted to see Dr Ho but she could not really afford it plus her husband demands she get a female gynae.

I have been trying to get Dr Ho to see me. am in wk22 and planning to switch to him coz heard that he's really good with stitches. Unfortunately it's been more than a wk and I've yet to hear anything from his nurses. I called several times to the clinic and one of them got really impatient with me. I just need to know if i can make an appointment, how hard is that? They said they need approval from him and not sure when he'll give his approval! this is giving me the impression that they are very stuckup. Any advice on what should my next course of action be? I've been bent on seeing Dr Ho as I want to deliver at Mt A...now I'm in a dilemma.

Hi Janice
I agreed its very hard to make appt with Dr Ho. He delivered my 2nd child on last Wed and i would say he's really a good doctor and his stitches were fantastic. You can try to call his clinic at 8:30am and look for Shufen. They open half day on Wed and Fri.

Hihi, the package of $2000-2500 is inclusive of antenatal package and delivery package (ie: doctor's fee)?

Delivery fee
normal $1500-$2000
assisted (forceps/vacuum) $1900-$2400
caesarean section $2800-$3800
I was told that the post hospital visit charge is another $800
(this is when i visit him on 27 JUn 13)

His package is still the same as what nuetook paid. I just delivered my 4th child. All 4 kids under Dr Ho. Actually his nurses aren't impatient only 1 of them sounds very curt the rest are ok. :)

can anyone share how much roughly to pay at delivery for c-sect? including hospital stay, doctor's fee and misc charges like doc's visit?

Back