Stressful mum

samk1

Hi,

I'm having difficulties in getting my 2 yr old daughter to eat her decent meals (Morning, Lunch and Dinner). She will scream and cry to eat her meals. Eat a few mouths and she will throw her tantrums. Have any of the parents face such situations before. Can share on how to guide them not to scream and finish the meals? She has kind of thin down due to the reduce of food.

Many thanks....

Is it a sudden change in her eating habit or she is getting too much snacks in between meal. If not bring her to a chinese physician. No point forcing her if she doesn't have appettite. Take care.

I always take the relaxed approach with food since my girl is 6 months old when she started her solid so now, she will give every food a try. I will let her tell me if she has had enough to eat. Since 12 months old, she eats whatever we eat at main meals and if she likes it she finishes her food, if not she'll asks for fruits and I give her the fruits. I'm not too concerned about her weight though (she weighs 10kg for 26months old. She's lean) because she is very healthy. She hardly falls sick.

Children also have their days where they feel like eating more and other days less. Just like us adult. So don't panic. If she refuses her meals, keep them aside, later when she asks again, you can heat up the same food and let her eat. Don't give her other snacks or unhealthy food just to make her eat.

If you worry about insufficient nutrients, maybe you can give her multivitamins.

Good luck. Hope that it is just a phase.

I am also having a hard time when it comes to giving food for my 3 year old baby. She always refuses to eat her meals. buti don't want to force her just to eat her meals. Whats the best thing that i can do?

Same here, and it's only been getting worse as of late. He just turned 3 in February and only eats acceptable amounts of food when its pizza/waffles/pancakes. Which we are obviously trying to cut down on. He used to love his fruits and veggies, but that's dwindled away as he was introduced to sugary sweet food items.

I know the theories and suggested ideas, but it's really frustrating. Been consolidating new recipe ideas to try, hoping to revive his appetite soon. Do ya'll have any favourite recipe sites for toddlers? Would love for more input. :)

Hi mummies,

Just to share how I make my 3 children to have enough vitamins from fruits & vegetables in their favorite type of food yet healthy...
I'll make the seakelp jelly with a mixture of gac fruit juice, it's like dessert for toddles, easy to eat & gac fruit juice has 60 times vitamin C more than oranges!
sometimes if weather too hot, I'll make gac fruit juice ice stick for the elder as well, taste great!!

Back