Is it necessary for chinese extra class?

alice118

Now my girl in Child care.. they hav english and chinese class everyday.. But i guess is child care teach quite slow. and i enroll my girl to berries and Hess education centre.. so every weekend she will go the class.

But my girl dun like chinese class. at 1st she said boring class, boring teacher.. so i think is teacher problem.. after i changed to other teacher.. still same..

i was thinking cancel the berries chinese class.. after this semester end.. but .. i worried if she go primary school.. cannot follow it.. how??

i got no patience to teach her..

let her go enrichment class is becoz i seldom teach her at home and i wan her rest at home.. i got no patience.. X_X

any parents facing this problem??

I am assuming Child care meaning, your dotter is around 5-6 yo?

In my view and this is only my own opinion, as Mother, we are designed to suffer in patience and love for our children. So to say I have no patience for my child? Well, I do since my child has special needs issue yet if he were ordinary like every other child, I probably think I do not have the patience, yet Mothers are also made to have empathy.

I never sent my chd for extra lessons despite attending a PCF 6yrs ago, which gave very little homework or schoolwork. I remember I met mums who used to ask me, "why no homework?" n they would brag about how good that other PCF centre was becos her son/dotter doing so well with all the homework.

Thing is, at this age, it is all about play. Play is learning. Learning is to play. I strongly believe children of this age ought not to be pressurised by so much sitting down at the table and learn, learn, learn. Our children actually learn more when they are outside, at the playground..in the mall..at the beach..skipping a rope or merely sitting with you at home, watching what you do or watching a tv prog designed for children of this age:)

How is my child to rest if he is constantly at this class or at that class? He basically does not have time to rest. So if Childcare takes up 4-6 hours of the day, the rest ought to be for serious resting as in napping, cos kids this age still need them, and relax to play. Playing w her doll also teaches her many things.

I know a child who was so clever from a young age and went for this and that becos apparently she enjoyed doing all those activities which included sitting at a table to study. At Pri 1, still ok and then suddenly, her interest plummeted.... She never failed in any of her subjects, just that her interest in studies died. She started picking up only towards upper Pri into PSLE. Today, my SIL's dotter is into graphics design. Is that a good career with great prospects? YES!

As a parent volunteer at son's school, what I noticed is most vital and of urgency, is the need for a child to be able to read! If the child cannot read, the child will slacken in all subjects. Perhaps all you need to for your dotter, is to read with her every evening just about 10mins (for a start) of her favourite book in English and in Chinese. Eventually, she will be reading to you. Reading is Learning. Reading alone brings much knowledge and education to ALL. This, I learned from my dad who emphasized the importance of Reading!

Haha, I know there are many different opinions in here. That is why, I emphasized this is my own due to experience and what I have seen as a Mother, and as a parent volunteer supporter.

Back