IVF/ICSI Support Group

@Babygrin not being sensitive but i felt that way too.
He dont even bother to say something nice & advise what should be done. Very dissappointed but im already halfway there.

Hi Everyone............

I am back to this thread....after a m/c last year...am starting my 2nd fresh IVF this June...just wondering if anyone of you can share some tips on food to eat before and during etc? I have forgotten what I took during that time...... Is COQ10 necessary for a fresh cycle? How many mg to we need?

Please help me............. :)
Hi @Miracle No. 2.. I'm hoping to start mine in June too.. You under Dr THH too?..

@deardyan & @hopeful13 wish u the best for the eggs.

Thk u all. I hope i can be discharge today.

@mesara prof dont even come & see me. Instead i went to see him this morning & he ask me so whats my plan? I was pissed off, i go all the way near ET oredi, instead of advising me he ask me back. Of course i told him i would like to carry on. Haiz.......

Petitelady, u take care. Was pissed with prof back then too. Just finished iui procedure in his rm and asked him what to do next, he said "come see me when your menses come". I nv go back to him again. But im sure he has his strength thats why so many ladies seeing him.

Hello Mums who had gone through SO-IUI,

I am new to this forum and I would like to ask those who went through this process if they got twins or triplets. I am thinking of SO-IUI, but I am worried that I cannot handle more than one baby if successful!

@Miracle No. 2 CoQ10 is very important for both sperm & egg health. It helps to protect the egg & sperm from free radical damage. For any kind of supplement, it Is best to take for at least 3 months prior to IVF, but there is no harm starting now.

I am taking 100mg daily. There are 2 types of CoQ10, ubiquinone and ubiquinol.
Ubiquinol type is much better and more powerful. I got it from GNC.

@Miracle No. 2 CoQ10 is very important for both sperm & egg health. It helps to protect the egg & sperm from free radical damage. For any kind of supplement, it Is best to take for at least 3 months prior to IVF, but there is no harm starting now.

I am taking 100mg daily. There are 2 types of CoQ10, ubiquinone and ubiquinol.
Ubiquinol type is much better and more powerful. I got it from GNC.
@Babygrin.. i went to google on CoQ10 and saw this.. "CoQ10, as proven in most studies, is not effective when it is taken on its own.".. shuld we take it with something else?.. very confusing..

I ever read somewhere that it is best taken with an antioxidant. But hor, dunno really work or not leh. I am taking it with french pine bark which is a type of antioxidant.

I ever read somewhere that it is best taken with an antioxidant. But hor, dunno really work or not leh. I am taking it with french pine bark which is a type of antioxidant.
Ya.. like confusing ar all these supplements.. maybe i'll ask dr tan and tsb when i see them.. will be seeing dr tan next fri and tsb the following mon.. i wonder if tsb's herbs for me now will be sufficient.. scared later i overdose.. lol..

Actually tcm & supplements are trial & error, work for some but not for others. But I am kiasu, have been taking lots of supplements... Haha

I dun hv endometrosis problem. My case is unexplained infertility. 4 attempts, 3x bfp, 1 bfn recently which i associated to my age. for the 3x bfp, 1x mid term miscarriage, 1x belighted ovumn and 1 live birth.

Endo scratching is a procesure that has become more common since last year. Maybe the technique is now more matured. Previously, dr loh will do endo scratch at the same time when he does a lap to remove cyst, or for some other gynae procedures.

Endo scratch has its risks. If u ask me if i were do it, i will say, yes, provided it is done by dr sf loh and i did not bfp in earlier ivf attempt. I only trust sf loh skills coz the procdeure will touch the womb. I scar easily and if womb is scar, need to fix before can try again.

I went thru 2 d&c and i had episotomy done via natural delivery. I didn't hv any internal womb scar nor keloid at the vagina area fr episiotomy. Yes, dr loh is that skiliful.

You are really one strong lady whom has been thru so much. Did u try assisted hatching before?

Wow... Ladies, thanks for all the suggestions. You all are so creative leh... I am such a nerd, never thought of these.

@jklim4642 I teared when reading your story. It is hard to imagine what you have been through. Although my problem is nothing compared to yours, sometimes I still find it hard to press on, because it is mentally, physically & financially draining.
I am diagnosed with diminishing ovarian reserve at 35, which doc said its unusual. AMH is less than 0.6, don't think I have come across anyone who is lower than that. At times I look up to the sky and ask why me? When I was younger, I wanted at least 4 kids. Now... not even a chance of having one.
Gal miracles do happen and many sisters have proven tat. No ovary small ovary diminishing reserves r all challenges n obstacles in ttc journey but yr belief n faith will overcome the challenges. Be v positive n hopeful. U will hold tat dear darling in your arms real soon

I'm done with egg retrieval yesterday. They managed to retrieve 6 eggs.
The embryologist called this morning.
3 of the embryos are matured however only 2 are fertilised.

So i'm pinning hope on these two fighters.
I hope they continue to grow tomorrow. Will only know the quality of these eggs tomorrow.
All the best dear. Praying for u. Alls well ok.

@deardyan & @hopeful13 wish u the best for the eggs.

Thk u all. I hope i can be discharge today.

@mesara prof dont even come & see me. Instead i went to see him this morning & he ask me so whats my plan? I was pissed off, i go all the way near ET oredi, instead of advising me he ask me back. Of course i told him i would like to carry on. Haiz.......
Oh my. Really no sight of him. I knw hw u feel as I felt the same way with dr lau. I admitted request to c him but he never came whereas dr tan who has never seen me came upon my request. Its really disheartening. But hold on ok. We have embarkwd on the journey and must complete it. Hope n pray u get better peoceed with er n et as planned gal

hi ladies...i will be starting my FET cycle. today is my first day of menses and i am going for the natural FET..do i still need to go for D2 scan?and wat is the procedure?any one can advise me?
Hi santhiya one sister nick iwantahealthybaby bfp in hèr natural fet. You may search for her thread n read up. All the best to you. I recall u mention tat u had a mc before n last cycle hcg went high then low. If u think cud be implantation issue u may want to try intralipid for natural fet. Just a suggestion.

My tcm gave me n hubby strong herbs for 4 days to make lining n follicles grow well. V heaty but hopefully got effect. Sat my d9 scan li

Wow... Ladies, thanks for all the suggestions. You all are so creative leh... I am such a nerd, never thought of these.

@jklim4642 I teared when reading your story. It is hard to imagine what you have been through. Although my problem is nothing compared to yours, sometimes I still find it hard to press on, because it is mentally, physically & financially draining.
I am diagnosed with diminishing ovarian reserve at 35, which doc said its unusual. AMH is less than 0.6, don't think I have come across anyone who is lower than that. At times I look up to the sky and ask why me? When I was younger, I wanted at least 4 kids. Now... not even a chance of having one.

Hi Babygrin, my AMH is lower than yours... My last test in August last year was only 0.5. It could be lower now....
I was taking DHEA then and after a couple of months the reading still dropped so I guess DHEA doesn't work on me.... Tried one natural cycle last nov. Retrieved 4 eggs. 2 fertilized but bad quality... Only grade 2 I think thus ET didn't take place.
I'm waiting for my AF to come and I'm starting my fresh cycle again probably 1st week of May. AF expected to report ard labour day... :)

Hi @happy_mtb (*waving frantically). Yah, dhea may not work for everyone. But at least you had 4 eggs retrieved, although the quality wasn't good. I had no eggs retrieved in the previous cycle.

Which doc are you with? Since dhea doesn't work, what is the protocol for your next cycle?

Hi Babygrin, my AMH is lower than yours... My last test in August last year was only 0.5. It could be lower now....
I was taking DHEA then and after a couple of months the reading still dropped so I guess DHEA doesn't work on me.... Tried one natural cycle last nov. Retrieved 4 eggs. 2 fertilized but bad quality... Only grade 2 I think thus ET didn't take place.
I'm waiting for my AF to come and I'm starting my fresh cycle again probably 1st week of May. AF expected to report ard labour day... :)
Hi happy_mtb
I see that u have a successful cycle previously, did u do any procedure or ops that make your amh dropped?

Yes babygrin. My tcm told me to take it all the way till er n acu till er. I follow. Tomorrow day 9 stim liao. So fast.

Jia you mesara. My AF want to come & don't want to come like that. Keep on spotting but never come. I hope it comes today so that can start stim tmr. If come tmr then must wait till mon then can start... sigh

You are really one strong lady whom has been thru so much. Did u try assisted hatching before?

At kkivf, whether assisted hatching (AH) is necessary is for embyrologist to make the call. N he will not inform or say. U know when u scrutinize your bills tt was sent to your home after the procedure.

AH is needed wben the egg shell is too thick, usu associated w women's age. ie to help w implantation. For my live birth, 2nd fresh cycle, thw embryologist did AH. I knew only wks later i examined the detailed bill. Sf loh didnt even know until i told him.

FOr the recent FET, no AH was done.

AH Is not cheap, so embrologist will do only when necessary. Dr tan hh dun even know the cost coz he asked me how much i was billed.

If i wan to be a mummy, i just need to keep trying n be strong. Whenever i think of my elder daughter or visit her niche, the pains come back and i will cry.

Despite all the miscarriages, i didn't go for any tcm or take any supplements other than folic acid during ivf process. All these r not proven and costly. My hubby is diabetic. He was not on any of these too. I dun see a need when my womb is healthy, blood tests showed that i am ovulating well (though xia rong who i saw before ivf told me my womb is weak, ovulation not v good, etc.)

The fact that i hv a live birth without any accupuncture, herbs, supplements prove her wrong. My issue shld be egg quality coz of my age. To improve that may take a long time as to build up health is not an easy feat. I dun hv 10 yrs, not even 5 yrs for that. Practically, the money spent on all these r not worth.

I hv good AMH figure. Csnt remember the magic no now. But each fresh cycle i only have a handful of follicles n embyros despite on v high dose of gonal~f.. Enough just to do one fresh and one FET.

Since i already hv a live birth, i am not trying anymore coz i already hit 40. No pt, egg quality will b worse, low success rate and high risk of miscarriage. My money can be better spent else where esp when ivf process is so ex. My personal views only.

Just finish my appt at kkivf. So my final embryo is abnormal as well and Dr S say I have egg issues as the egg over multiply. She prescribe me wit DHEA and ask me to try for 1 mth. I have to give myself a 3 mths break before I can start the 2nd fresh cycle. So in the meantime, will be planning for my holiday and probably see a TCM again.

Hopeful I m v upset tat the hospital did not time trigger correctly. Anyway u take care enjoy the holidays n come back in full force soon gal.

Hopeful I m v upset tat the hospital did not time trigger correctly. Anyway u take care enjoy the holidays n come back in full force soon gal.

Omg! :( I wonder if I will get priority since I am still paying private rate. I thought the nurses blur gave me wrong clinic. I still walk over to TPS to check and they confirm Dr S decided to not have clinic at TPS.
Clinic d is like fish market n always v crowded!

I am not sure if it's got to do with the timing of the trigger. All I can do now is prep my body to be healthy, go for holiday and come back full force in July.

How is your treatment coming along? U jia you k? :)

Oh and it seems like Dr S does not see patients at TPS anymore. Wonder how her q is like at clinic D. Anyone know?
Ya.. TSB told me Dr S dont do TPS liao.. That's y i chose Dr T.. seems like her q oso quite long.. was there on 8 apr.. non-stop and ppl all waiting.. but not as scary as dr t tho..

Omg! :( I wonder if I will get priority since I am still paying private rate. I thought the nurses blur gave me wrong clinic. I still walk over to TPS to check and they confirm Dr S decided to not have clinic at TPS.
@hopeful13.. no de.. private patient oso must wait.. i go in as private.. oso waited 3 hours to see dr t.. the nurse told me only at TPS got priority.. clinic d dont have..

Does Dr Tan HH see patient at TPS? Maybe I switch Dr. Don't want to waste 3 hrs sit there to wait for my turn. I still prefer TPS environment. Nurses also seems friendlier.

Does Dr Tan HH see patient at TPS? Maybe I switch Dr. Don't want to waste 3 hrs sit there to wait for my turn. I still prefer TPS environment. Nurses also seems friendlier.
I oso asked this qns cos i buey tahan the wait.. the nurse told me ivf must go clinic d see dr tan.. only when cnfm preggie case goes to TPS.. so no choice.. but his nurse at clinic d is a veri veri nice lady ar.. only the waiting time is madness..

I see dr tan at TPS. Be it pregnant or not pregnant, am always a TPS patient.. since day1 when i was sf loh patient. and now dr tan. I went clinic d coz i walked in to see dr and at that timing i walked in, the dr is running clinic at clinic d.

Of course the nurse will tell me the same thing they told you, ie cannot go TPS. You all just hv to learn how to handle these nurses.

Last edited:
Dun believe, go TPS sit there at the cashier n see for urself. Pregnant ladies have separate appt booklet. U can identify easily which r not pregnant.

hey hey!

The embryologist called yesterday. two of the eggs are still growing. Although it is of satisfactory grade one. One is 4 cell and one is 3 cell.
But she said they are good enough to be transferred. Im trying to be positive and keep thinking that these two fighters will win the race eventually

Egg Transfer tomorrow!

Deardyan all the best for wt tomorrow.

Sisters am starting to cramp at lower abdomen. Haizzz day 8 stim pain start liao

Thanks @mesara

Cramps are normal babe! I had cramps during that period too. Not very bad cramps..
Just like my menses cramps.. Drink warm water okie! If you need to take Panadol. Take the regular one but don't take the Panadol Extra etc.

Dun believe, go TPS sit there at the cashier n see for urself. Pregnant ladies have separate appt booklet. U can identify easily which r not pregnant.
Last time they gave me appt to see Dr S at clinic D and I make a big fuss and complain that why I have lesser access to doctors when I am at TPS and the next thing is they gave me appt to see her at TPS. But this time round it seems like the nurses at TPS say Dr S no longer see patients at TPS as all is consolidated at clinic D as is at request of Dr S.

@rachelt, maybe yr next visit u ask Dr Tan HH if can transfer you to TPS. Frankly, sometimes I dun trust what the nurses say. My next visit to see Dr S, I will ask her personally.

Last edited:

Gd luck to u deardyan! Jiayou!!!
hey hey!

The embryologist called yesterday. two of the eggs are still growing. Although it is of satisfactory grade one. One is 4 cell and one is 3 cell.
But she said they are good enough to be transferred. Im trying to be positive and keep thinking that these two fighters will win the race eventually

Egg Transfer tomorrow!
k

Back