(2014/08) August 2014

@J.Lau @JL72 and @SQ_babyU thanks for your encouragement. Yah I think m scared of antibiotics but no choice must take.

I just saw my GP and got some class B medicine. If I really cannot tahan then will take. Doc said better to be comfy and take rather than subject bb to stress. I noticed bb kicked a lot the first night I had non stop sneezing. Think he complaining about the condition of mum's body lol.

I take mc for every month check up..
Just take the mc and rest well at home or find some relaxation.

@ miaoz13
2nd trimester onwards is one mth once.

For the sonographer. . Becos mine is done at TMC and my gynae arrangements with them is for all report to go direct to gynae and gynae will go through with me.. but thats not on the very day but my next appointment with gynae.

For Oscar and detailed scan, ur gynae did it for u??

Yep my gynae did my Oscar measurements, and then called to inform about the blood test results a few days later. will be doing detailed scan tomorrow.

Last edited:
Detailed scan is a little intimidating. Cos the scanning is more on face and organs and confirmation of gender. The sonographer will look into the structure of bb heart longer and u will need to turn right and left to scan. But in ur case it's ur gynae so should be even more assuring. So just relax ya.. enjoy seeing bb.:)

Last night felt quite uncomfortable cos stuffy nose and lungs wheezing. Realised my inhaler expired so in the end decided to take the antihistamine prescribed by doc. I slept v well last night. Now at clinic waiting to get inhaler n medicine for phelgm. Thanks ladies for ur great advice, sometimes better to take medicine than suffer too much n affect bb :)

Hi mommies,
I'm new here and hope that it's not too late to join.
My edd is in mid August and this is my second pregnancy.
Gynae said that my blood sugar level is kind of high so have to control diet.
Anyone has the same problem?

Last night felt quite uncomfortable cos stuffy nose and lungs wheezing. Realised my inhaler expired so in the end decided to take the antihistamine prescribed by doc. I slept v well last night. Now at clinic waiting to get inhaler n medicine for phelgm. Thanks ladies for ur great advice, sometimes better to take medicine than suffer too much n affect bb :)

I also took antihistamine in first tri. so far baby seems ok. u take care & get well soon!

Hi mommies,
I'm new here and hope that it's not too late to join.
My edd is in mid August and this is my second pregnancy.
Gynae said that my blood sugar level is kind of high so have to control diet.
Anyone has the same problem?

yeah me. gynae suspect I might have GD. got to take the GTT test at the next checkup at 28W. :(

my constipation problem seems to be coming back. anyone got any good remedy? took papaya & yoghurt drink, but doesn't seem to help. :(

my constipation problem seems to be coming back. anyone got any good remedy? took papaya & yoghurt drink, but doesn't seem to help. :(
But do that after ur GTT cause if GD cannot take normal type of laxative cause got sugar. Mine is the type for diabetes. Damn effective, less than 2 hours I clear my custom.. :confused::D

Detailed scan is a little intimidating. Cos the scanning is more on face and organs and confirmation of gender. The sonographer will look into the structure of bb heart longer and u will need to turn right and left to scan. But in ur case it's ur gynae so should be even more assuring. So just relax ya.. enjoy seeing bb.:)

I asked for laxative from gynae lol... Constipation was bad during first tri and after I got on calcium tab.

I took 2-3 different kind of fruits during lunch n constipation no more!

Yes plenty of fluid to lubricate + at least 2 fruits a day + walking after lunch and dinner to aid digestion works for me too :). I had very bad constipation when on duphaston

My constipation is horrible since my pregnancy started and I have to take medication to go~~~~~ I tried all ways and even prune juice doesn't help..

Then I try take medicine again.. no feel!!!! Then the next day I myself double the dosage and finally it happens in the next 1 hour after waiting for 5 days...

I take prune juice whenever I am constipated. I buy a large bottle n dilute it cos its so sweet. Next day will be better.

prune juice didn't work for me too, only make me puke. already taking papaya & yoghurt drink, but not very effective leh. is laxatives safe?? think will check with gynae on the laxatives during next visit.

I took lots of fruits n water but still have constipation during 1st tri. Till I took probiotic bacteria n calcium pills. It's smooth everyday, some times twice a day hehe.
I believe walking will improve the bowel moving n help with constipation prob.

Thks for yr reply. And why did he say / imply harmony test wld be 'redundant' for u?

Yr 20w detailed scan was at TMC or with Dr Ananda?

Asking as I'm gonna skip oscar (29 this yr) n go to him at week 14 for genetic scan and then week 20 for detailed scan. His nurses says week11-12 can only see skeletonal stuff so go in at week14 instead. How much did u pay for yr scan with him? Thks!
I did my detailed scan at TMC. Didnt like the experience at prof ananda. Harmony test on,y test for 3 trisomies, so he was saying there are other possible chromosomal disorders that may not be detected by harmony test.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm i am running a fever now.. :(

If the temp is higher than 39 deg it's dangerous for bb, so pls do see doc ok. I had a fever (abt 38deg) on Wed evening as well but didn't want to take panadol so went to sleep and went to see doc next day. Plenty of fluid and rest helps body to recover on its own. Also monitor bb movements whether more active or less active than usual and let doc know as well k. Take care!

Wana check if any mummy to be here got fungus n bacteria infection at virginal?
I had some infection abt 1mth back. Took antibiotics prescribed by gynae.
N apparently she made a note that I've gotta be on antibiotics when I'm delivering in case baby gets infected. Sobs

I had some infection abt 1mth back. Took antibiotics prescribed by gynae.
N apparently she made a note that I've gotta be on antibiotics when I'm delivering in case baby gets infected. Sobs

Went to see gynea today cos of tummy cramp.
I just did a urine test and doc said it might due to infection.
He gave me antibiotics but didn't mention about having to be on antibiotics when delivering.
Just told me that it is safe to take and must finish the whole course.

Went to see gynea today cos of tummy cramp.
I just did a urine test and doc said it might due to infection.
He gave me antibiotics but didn't mention about having to be on antibiotics when delivering.
Just told me that it is safe to take and must finish the whole course.

@luvyz @migil..thanks
I finished the antibiotics n bullet insert but...relapses on and off..sighz
Yes, the antibiotic must complete course.

For mummies with constipation can try this Pink Lady Oat milk, it has lots of fiber and also an alternative source of calcium besides milk. It has lots of vitamins as well. After take this I can poo everyday smoothly :p
I bought it from an organic shop at Chong Pang.

Attachments

• 1398525325248.jpg
    1398525325248.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 130
I also have the bullet insert. Don't really feel good about eating the antibiotics
but no choice. Hopefully will feel better.
Me no bullet insert. Just the antibiotics. Hopefully everything is ok for us!
We all shall be healthy mummies with healthy babies! :)

I did my detailed scan at TMC. Didnt like the experience at prof ananda. Harmony test on,y test for 3 trisomies, so he was saying there are other possible chromosomal disorders that may not be detected by harmony test.

Hope this helps.

Thks waiwish. Trust all is / will be gd for u!

Hihi shirleyten, realli thankful to u my detail scan is good except single umbilical artery is found, doc said it is ok n baby is healthy.. will continue to montior.
Hi joyfulmummy, my baby also has single umbilical artery. Can I ask yr baby s weight at 20 week if you dun mind. My baby is not growing well.

At first my gyna was concern w her kidney however the scan shows that her kidneys are fine n healthy.. she is growing. My gyna asked me not to worry. I m seeing her this fri n will ask her more questions.

yeah me. gynae suspect I might have GD. got to take the GTT test at the next checkup at 28W. :(
Hello everyone! i just realized this group and hope im not toooo late too?

My doc also mentioned my bb alittle overweight when i went for my 24weeks checkup. :(
20weeks: 316g
24weeks: 735g

and im gona visit gynae next monday (28weeks) and he said probably do a glucose test in case of GD and asked me cut down on sugary stuff!

im wondering by having too much fruits also affect sugar level? What fruits should i or should i not take?

Last edited:

Hello everyone! i just realized this group and hope im not toooo late too?

My doc also mentioned my bb alittle overweight when i went for my 24weeks checkup. :(
20weeks: 316g
24weeks: 735g

and im gona visit gynae next monday (28weeks) and he said probably do a glucose test in case of GD and asked me cut down on sugary stuff!

im wondering by having too much fruits also affect sugar level? What fruits should i or should i not take?

Hi hi... I believe the glucose test is just a procedure to ensure u don't have GD and this means ur gynae cares. Lol. Otherwise they can just forget abt it and go on without it.. hehe..

I am seeing my gyane only at week 28 so if she wanna do this test I also won't know till then.. we shouldn't avoid anything or cut anything since there are no diagnosis yet.. otherwise even if u score well that day doesn't mean ur diet is acceptable. Its merely becos u control way before the appt. If after that endulge how. .. u know what I meant? Any doubt just ask ur gyane for answers. . Don't waste.. we paid for consultation already. Its in the package. . :D

Back