Anyone has a job with 3 rotating shifts..? How to cope with a baby?

pimples86

Hi.. I am currently working in the healthcare industry, and is obligated to perform 3 rotating shifts. I am actually fine with doing 3 shifts when the baby didnt come along. My baby will be due soon, and I am still trying to figure out whats the arrangement going to be like...

I just want to find out if there's anyone in the same situation as I am.. (ie working shifts). My husband is holding an office hour job, and plan is to put baby in infant care ctr once I go back to work after 4 months of ML, MIL is not very willing to take care of baby. I have requested for internal transfer to an office hr job scope, but seems like mgt is not willing to approve the transfer... This is making me very sian.

Hi Pimples86,
This is what i have in mind. All the while, i am working office hour, so this does not apply to my personal experience. If you don't mind, i can give you some suggestions for your opinion.
You can employ a maid to take care or change job or ask your hubby to take care at night when you are in night shift.
This baby belongs to both of you, so you should not be the only one to sacrifice. A family needs two hands to clap.

Back